• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Two days for the ARPG of dreams to receive its first expansion.

Be hyped.

But not for its awful header.
Shadow of Monetization reelased
BtpJmZA.png

https://steamdb.info/app/356190/history/?changeid=3513610
Sizes
ZU5PU3r.png

Optional 4K stuff
B1IQDFh.png

100 GB! They did it!

Woohoo~

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, I'm just saying how I did it back at launch. Not sure how difficult it is right now, but I can definitely imagine it's way less populated.

I simply played the game normally while wearing the covenant items. No waiting or grinding.

Sadly I had those issues on the launch period :(

Knurek

Anyone who played both - does Cold Steel 2 also end on a cliffhanger? Or is it more like FC/SC situation?
(With Cold Steel 3 starting a second duology)

Is there a method to getting idlemaster to get a card from every game? Some days it works where I can click through and get 50 cards but that hasnt worked all day today. I tried restarting steam, my computer and idlemaster :(

zkylon

zkylewd
warms my heart to see all this dark souls 2 love

That's what I was thinking, but apparently DS3 is worse!

leMWrnC.png

MFzVTYC.png

it really is

none of the souls games are good at it but dks3 is by far the worst

dks2 is not so bad cos if you just get to ng++ you get a vendor that just sells you the covenant shit, in 3 you gotta stand for hours in the cathedral waiting for the matchmaking to match you with some teleporting dude that lagstabs you for a billion dmg with his fists

i spent like 15 minutes just killing the same enemy that has like a 0.5% drop chance over and over while waiting for summons until i went like fuck this

I've never understood the distate for Dark Souls 2 'cause it's my favourite Souls game by a fair margin. It was when I really got into covenants and online play (hashtag bellbro) and when I found the best item in the series: Lucatiel's mask. I enjoyed it so much replayed it immediately after finishing... I really don't do that normally.

Dark Souls 3 couldn't recapture that magic, and I've never been fully sold on Scholar.

Anteater

I've never understood the distate for Dark Souls 2 'cause it's my favourite Souls game by a fair margin. It was when I really got into covenants and online play (hashtag bellbro) and when I found the best item in the series: Lucatiel's mask. I enjoyed it so much replayed it immediately after finishing... I really don't do that normally.

Dark Souls 3 couldn't recapture that magic, and I've never been fully sold on Scholar.

thing about dark souls 2 is that i can't dodge for shit, i got totally owned and i couldn't git gud at it

while i could play through most of dark souls 1 naked at lvl 1, shit is fucked man

MUnited83

For you.
Man, I don't know how you did that. I barely managed to beat it once. It feels so bland and cheap at times compared to the first one...

I love, it's my favorite Souls game. Best Co-Op, best PVP, best replayability with lots of great QoL improvements, best build variety, different ways of tackling stuff, easy to replay any boss at any time (not quite as good as a boss rush mode, but close enough), the magic of POWER STANCING, etc.

I like DS1 as well but I feel little need to replay it, at least vanilla. And the game is basically over after you finish Anor Londo, because from there...eh.

Sarcasm

I don't like DS2, but I don't hate it. I found it annoying having to keep track of soul memory and sometimes things felt disconnected. I gave it a good almost 15 or 20 hours before dropping it.

Parsnip

dks2 is not so bad cos if you just get to ng++ you get a vendor that just sells you the covenant shit,
I don't think you can buy Hidden Weapon from that vendor.

And when I last tried to get it normal way, I couldn't get any bellbros action at all. Apparently I could grind the rarely spawning Mad Warrior for covenant ranks, but fuck that shit.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't like DS2, but I don't hate it. I found it annoying having to keep track of soul memory and sometimes things felt disconnected. I gave it a good almost 15 or 20 hours before dropping it.
While Soul memory is a terrible idea on concept, i never felt hindered by it. I could always get connections pretty much everywhere.
Meanwhile in DS3 the online was sadly not great, and as someone that kept much of the game technically underleveled, it didnt pair me with many people. Which brings me to the return of one of the dumbest mechanics in souls : no longer being able to be invaded after completing a area boss. This kills most of the earlier areas and limits PVP possibilities. Meanwhile in Dark Souls 2 there are plenty of active areas throughout you can engage in invading and being invaded at a good rhytm. And you have the option of burning effigies if you dont want to be invaded.

zkylon

zkylewd

And when I last tried to get it normal way, I couldn't get any bellbros action at all. Apparently I could grind the rarely spawning Mad Warrior for covenant ranks, but fuck that shit.
oh yeah i forgot about that one

there's always some dumb fuckery like that in these games is there lol

i mostly killed bellbros and did the mad warrior stuff, yeah

getting 100% on these games sucks lol

While Soul memory is a terrible idea on concept, i never felt hindered by it. I could always get connections pretty much everywhere.
Meanwhile in DS3 the online was sadly not great, and as someone that kept much of the game technically underleveled, it didnt pair me with many people. Which brings me to the return of one of the dumbest mechanics in souls : no longer being able to be invaded after completing a area boss. This kills most of the earlier areas and limits PVP possibilities. Meanwhile in Dark Souls 2 there are plenty of active areas throughout you can engage in invading and being invaded at a good rhytm. And you have the option of burning effigies if you dont want to be invaded.

it's really frustrating how dark souls 3 just throws away all of dark souls 2 over some weird dark souls 1 purist zealotry (or so is my theory lol)

dark souls 2 had some really fucking clever mechanics that should've been built upon, not discarded

miyazaki you fool

MUnited83

For you.

I didn't have any issue with this on Scholar of the First Sin, where there was Bell Bros for days and days. I did play the original Dark Souls 2 after that and the Bell Bros there were a bit dead(which makes sense since everyone migrated to SoTFS). The Mad Warrior wasn't a bad grind because there's a hilarious "cheat" to know if he spawned or not. You can check the game on the task manager after you sit at a bonfire. If it suddenly jumps by 10MB, it means Mad Warrior has spawned. If he didn't, keep sitting at the bonfire until he does.

Teggy

You know, every once in a while I look at upgrading my download speed (75mbit) but then I think nah I really don’t need it. Then I find myself looking at a 65GB download and feeling impatient. Talk about first world problems.

Sarcasm

Never had that issue when I 100% DS3 with 175 hours and I live in an odd timezone. Though I never really got into invading. Just like any of the previous ones I found it boring and more fighting their network setup then anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't have any issue with this on Scholar of the First Sin, where there was Bell Bros for days and days. I did play the original Dark Souls 2 after that and the Bell Bros there were a bit dead(which makes sense since everyone migrated to SoTFS). The Mad Warrior wasn't a bad grind because there's a hilarious "cheat" to know if he spawned or not. You can check the game on the task manager after you sit at a bonfire. If it suddenly jumps by 10MB, it means Mad Warrior has spawned. If he didn't, keep sitting at the bonfire until he does.

that's actually pretty funny heh

Man. How did anyone ever notice that?

I was so disappointed by Dark Souls 3. The areas were linear and tiny and half of the content was recycled. For as much fluff as Dark Souls 2 had there were some beautiful and surprising areas.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was so disappointed by Dark Souls 3. The areas were linear and tiny and half of the content was recycled. For as much fluff as Dark Souls 2 had there were some beautiful and surprising areas.
i think they do a couple good level design things in dark souls 3, some of the areas have many different ways of approaching them, but yeah, the linear level progression just kills that game

like i played it again this year and it felt like it was exactly the same as my first playthrough

with 1 and 2 i always tried to give every playthrough its own twists, not really sequence break but just maybe sneak into somewhere i shouldn't early on

I felt similarly about Bloodborne in terms of the linearity but at least it had a new world and mechanics to make it memorable. Do still need to finish the last DS3 dlc now that the angels have been nerfed tho.

Dark Souls 3 got rid of dual wielding, made magic useless and so on and it just felt so much more limited than the other games. Didn’t hate it by any means but disappointing none the less.

zkylon

zkylewd
I felt similarly about Bloodborne in terms of the linearity but at least it had a new world and mechanics to make it memorable. Do still need to finish the last DS3 dlc now that the angels have been nerfed tho.

Dark Souls 3 got rid of dual wielding, made magic useless and so on and it just felt so much more limited than the other games. Didn’t hate it by any means but disappointing none the less.

i was really disappointed with the last dlc, i just gave up on it

Mikurden

Finally the PC has something to offer that consoles just can't match.

Teggy

Wow, I don't think I've seen as many graphics options as Mordor has. Built in downsampling and all sorts of things I havent the faintest idea about. They should have done the movies in-engine, though.

Top Bottom