• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Their regional price tinkering led to a pretty huge price mistake in my region

The actual price is supposed to be ₹6999 ($107). I ended up buying it but I'm still considering gettting a refund because I basically hated the first game. Couldn't last more 5 hours or so because all I saw was an Assassin's Creed + Batman Arkham ripoff.

That's the new default conversion for USD$99.99. Not a bad mistake to take advantage of!

eKuUFSb.gif

I definitely didn't expected anything like this. Maybe there is memes somewhere in it too?

Hmm.. I'm thinking about refunding Wardor and getting Elex instead. It doesn't feel RPG enough for me.

Good/bad idea?

Did you like Risen 2 and 3? Elex looks to be built on the exact same engine so if you had a problem with jank or combat in those games, I bet you will have the exact same issues. If you liked Risen 2 and 3 then it will probably be a good purchase.

Elex is definitely a RPG, but how much jank can you stomach?

Did you like Risen 2 and 3? Elex looks to be built on the exact same engine so if you had a problem with jank or combat in those games, I bet you will have the exact same issues. If you liked Risen 2 and 3 then it will probably be a good purchase.

Time's up! I'm way past the 2 hours limit now. The game is fun anyway.

eKuUFSb.gif

I definitely didn't expected anything like this. Maybe there is memes somewhere in it too?

The game is cheesy at times, especially when it comes to the Orc captains and whatnot. They're full of characteristics.

zkylon

zkylewd
I loved Dark Souls 2's character creation. You barely had to do a thing to have an actual human looking person. Really nice hair options too.

I find it the weakest of the bunch mostly because it has some real nagging issues that make it negatively stand out, like the lack of invincibility on backstabs -- which would be fine if you could cancel out of it, but this makes a humourous enemy tactic of one exposing their back to you while another bludgeons you as you're stuck in the animation a thing. The generally spammy enemy spawns weren't that great, the enemy despawning was really annoying when it came to rare loot drops too, and of course soul memory just really threw a needless wrench into the online play.

yeah idk how they did it but you have to make an effort to get a bad looking character out of dks2 character creator

sadly they rolled that out along with everything else in 3...

I guess Zkylon won't be playing this Mordor sequel anytime soon.
that's actually not that bad

edit: this is not incitation to post spider pictures, i'm good

Grief.exe

From what I heard Rim World is Dwarf Fortress with better graphics, is it right?

I'm going to use a filthy word that I generally recoil from. RimWorld is a streamlined Dwarf Fortress with a narrower focus. That doesn't bring it into modern AAA version of streamlined, it's still one of the deepest games I've ever played.

The best part is it's essentially a complete game, but it's still in Early Access. Constantly getting new features.

Aaron D.

So yeah, thoughts on RimWorld?

RimWorld feels like an authentic version of Dwarf Fortress for those without the time and patience to learn DF. It bridges the gap from the deep end of the pool to a more accessible spin on the Colony Management Sim sub-genre. While also maintaining the same sense of depth and possibility.

While there's building in games like RimWorld, I think it's a completely different genre/experience than traditional city builders like Anno, SimCity, and Skylines. So it might be worth being cognizant of that if you're exploring the genres. RimWorld and its peers focus on interpersonal relationships of the colonists where moods directly affect productivity.

There's also more autonomy in Colony Sims, where if your peeps aren't happy, work isn't getting done. They're also self-motivated by needs covering a full physical-emotional spectrum (fear, lust, depression, addiction, etc.). These moods will prioritize their behaviors.

Anyway, with the more recent Colony Management Sims like RimWorld, Oxygen Not Included, Prison Architect, Airport CEO, etc., I do think RimWorld is the best of the bunch when considering the balance of depth vs. accessibility. Strikes a really nice balance, imo. Oddly has a killer soundtrack to boot.

KainXVIII

Nah PoP's bloom was still awful, looks much better without it, heck there's already some subtle bloom without that vaseline stuff lol
Cannot disagree more with you, but that's just my opinion.

I dunno if I'd make use of the 10 GB Texture pack for Shadow of War on my GTX 970
but I'ma try it anyway.
Even with first game my GTX 970 struggles in second location (where more grass than rocks) so i have to turn down some settings =)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey, SteamGAF, anyone knows why Rainblood Chronicles: Mirage is not on Steam anymore? Its old store page just redirects me to Steam's frontpage now.

It hasn't been yanked wholesale, but it didn't receive updating pricing for Switzerland, China, India, Chile, Peru, Colombia, South Africa, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates and is consequently no longer available on said stores.

The switch hasn't been flicked just yet. Publishers still have more time to submit updated pricing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well guess I can watch that raid on You Tube. No way I'm getting into an MMO despite how much I love FFT.

Top Bottom