• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Nzyme32

Happy bday mate

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday! Great giveaway. I was tempted by Alien Isolation, but I watched the whole thing in a let's play so the scares would be wasted on me.

Grats on getting older!

97482070be0e0dfaa056ab802c18f7315ac46006_hq.gif

Happy birthday Nzyme!

Happy birthday Nzyme32!:D

Happy birthday!

Nice giveaway, and many happy returns.

Happy birthday!

Ucchedavāda;251462240 said:
Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Nzyme32!
🍰🍰

Happy birthday!

I suppose you're gonna rename yourself to Nzyme33?

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday and thanks for the giveaway :3

Happy birthday!

happy_birthday_one_down_for_death.jpg

Happy Birthday, Nzyme!

Congrats, Nzyme32 !

Happy bday Nyzme. Have a good one my dude.

A little late, but thanks Fam!

Now to read an article about Valve's thoughts on 10 years since the Orange Box

Endless Legend is a good time, but it really shines with the DLC/expansions which the bundle doesn’t include.

Maybe my favorite 4X game. Seems to go criminally under the radar compared to Civ.

How's the first Borderlands? I almost bought Borderlands 2 a few months ago, but my crappy notebook will probably overheat trying to run it, so maybe I could try the first one.

I think Twitter just spoiled me on the mastermind of Danganronpa V3.

How much does knowing that ruin the game this time round?

Just the name isn't that bad, although disappointing as you may be second guessing their moves now if it's correct, but the actual ending is much more involved/insane than knowing who the mastermind is. It is my favorite of the series, but has divided the fanbase. Sweet despair!

data

Will I be able to upgrade Endless Legend in a future sale to one of the other editions or do I have to buy the DLC piece meal?

There's a pack for all the DLCs on the steam store, but even so I imagine waiting for the game + dlcs on its own will be cheaper. I may be wrong though but that's how I remember it being last time I checked

Freezard

In case anyone was curious about the scale of the new expansion Ashes of Malmouth for Grim Dawn coming out tomorrow!

I put it behind a spoiler just because it contains some stuff people might consider spoilery I guess
attachment.php

That's bigger than I thought. Seems like it will be close to 50% as much content as the base game.

Will I be able to upgrade Endless Legend in a future sale to one of the other editions or do I have to buy the DLC piece meal?

Maybe not from Humble (I think they don’t carry the last one or two DLCs anyway), but you should have an option to “complete your collection” on Steam in a future sale, saving a bit of cash. There’s a specific bundle on steam for just the expansion DLCs too, that doesn’t include the base game, that would almost assuredly work.

The main DLCs are all fairly hefty, worthwhile additions, adding more systems and/or factions.

Never seen the first two Borderlands games for this cheap before, so might as well give it a shot.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Legend -- MB-D506BC5AFCEE11A5 - Taken by Ludens. 21 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wurm Unlimited -- MB-3B99D05808ACE8A4 - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.
Guild of Dungeoneering -- MB-DE305056029009BA - Taken by spindoctor. 30 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1507670511z1.png

Hektor

One can tell Humble tried really hard to come up with a nice name for this bundle. And failed nonetheless.

I think Twitter just spoiled me on the mastermind of Danganronpa V3.

How much does knowing that ruin the game this time round?

No idea what it is that you've seen, but worrying about this spoiler will most likely ruin more of your enjoyment than the spoiler itself.

Also, as ThingontheFloor mentioned, Danganronpa V3's overall story is still wholly worthy of experience if you know the core of it.

Grief.exe

That article is a great read.

This is a particularly interesting section. Valve says that the vast majority of games released on Steam these days would not be possible in the traditional retail environment. Indie games, as they exist today, would not be possible without the digital infrastructure provided by Valve.

The Orange Box was also a great product to really highlight why the retail channel was reducing game developer’s options. We found with Episode One that retail really didn’t understand or like a premium quality $20 title—they stood to make less money per box, and they had a limited amount of shelf space in their stores. The Orange Box avoided this by combining multiple quality products into a single box that was worth that full amount, but in doing so it created other problems. Retail had never seen a new, high quality box containing more than one title. Historically, a box that contained multiple titles was a bundle of old or low quality titles.

So in terms of Steam’s history, to us the Orange Box represents the era in which distribution channels placed a huge amount of friction on what kinds of games were made, how big they should be, and how much they were sold for. These weren’t things that retailers should be blamed for, they were simply the side effects of operating in physical space. It’s great to be able to look around and see such an enormously wide spectrum of games being made today, many of which wouldn’t have had much of a chance to find their audience in that physical distribution world.

KillySG10

Neo Member
Humble monthly leftovers
ModBot said:
Instructions for KillySG10:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KillySG10, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited -- MB-60938DCF558BDC1F - Taken by Anteater. 12 entrants total.
ESO Vanity pet -- MB-2D1A77DDFC4EA379 - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
Furi -- MB-3CB9C5115D2D1CA6 - Taken by Madventure. 37 entrants total.
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You -- MB-8D69705A1106D318 - Taken by madjoki. 9 entrants total.
Quake Champions Early Access plus 50 Shards, 100 Platinum, 2000 Favor -- MB-2A03C2508CAB54DB - Taken by Nzyme32. 12 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls: Legends: 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket 100 Gold 100 Souls -- MB-292302A54E7E0236 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.

t1507671064z1.png

Kudo

Great track! This game is not on my radar at all, is it a collectathon? If so, I'm out.

Well kind of, if you wanna 100% it, yeah there's lots to collect. But perfectly playable without being collectionist and just doing the stages normally like platformer.
Also the bosses in the game are awesome so far.

I've already got Borderlands 1 but £3 for the rest of it seems pretty good. Gonna hold off and see if the BTA drops any lower before I grab it though.

Tonton

Bah already have Endless Legend and Borderlands 2 (and barely played either...), i'll just go with the $1 tier for Van Helsing

what kind of game is wurm

AHA-Lambda

I would have missed it too, if I wasn't going through some A Hat in Time posts which linked to the thread about the announcement of Huniepop 2, which was locked and the modbot post said the game and the dev aren't welcome on GAF any longer.

Sounds like something changed then if the first was ok?
I genuinely know basically nothing about this hence my questioning but if it's not appropriate then I'll leave be

Borderlands is one of those games there is no need to play the earlier game if the 2nd or 3rd has already come out. The story is horrible in all of them so just play 2 or Pre-Sequel as they expand on the previous in every way.

https://civilization.com/news/entries#religion-gets-a-reboot-in-the-civilization-vi-fall-2017-update

Preview of the Fall update for Civ 6.

The “Fall 2017 Update” brings some major changes. The biggest: An update to the Religion system is coming to Civilization VI. I’m Sarah Darney with the dev team, and here’s a quick heads up on some of what you can expect.

I dont play with religion, got enough to do with the other things, but nice to have i think. Good to hear they put some UI and balance work in it.

Tizoc

Only played about an hour of Shadow of War but I am enjoying it.
Enemies take forever to kill so for now I'ma just roam around leveling up while completing side stuff.
I've set almost everything to High except textures (Ultra) but I might trim down a few options so I can get a stable 60 FPS.
As is I average at around 40 FPS but it hasn't bothered me yet.
Quick screenshot I took-

Tizoc

WTF
Raiden V gave me an audio error and now I get no sound from my laptop be it playing a video or otherwise o_O

Vazduh

A couple games. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Wurm Unlimited -- MB-B10474F15DB46D55 - Taken by MaxiLive
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut -- MB-59842905EEC77569 - Taken by TheGreenArrow

Tonton

Going a bit off topic but is there a thread like this but for mobile (Android) gaming on GAF, I got a new phone recently and i was thinking of getting into some games even eyeing the Humble Mobile bundle

Van Helsing final cut for a dollar? Don't mind if I do. Played the first part ages ago and they just kept releasing stuff and I just kept waiting on it, seems to have paid off. Don't care for Borderlands or Wurm so they can go to you folks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rickenslacker:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rickenslacker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wurm Unlimited -- MB-7FE6935573D498E8 - Taken by Mike Bison. 4 entrants total.
Borderlands: GOTY -- MB-75ABCF28B9084699 - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.

t1507664131z1.png

illusionary

My spare:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Borderlands -- MB-049085C9752A38D2 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.

t1507664229z1.png

Edit: ModBot seems to have misinterpreted this as including a 'mystery game', which it doesn't. If the key that you receive doesn't come across correctly, drop me a PM.

Tonton

DLzImLvUMAErxRe.jpg:large

I guess PC version is late november or in December now?

I think the development of the PC version is probably independent from that
But I don't expect it too soon either
Oh i missed the last part, yeah that should confirm the pc release is at best late novemember
what a fuck up

NISA must really want that Cold Steel 3 :^)

Durante

ELEX is in the top 3 top sellers right now in Austria, and not even in the top 10 globally.

Talk about geographic niche appeal.

DLzImLvUMAErxRe.jpg:large

I guess PC version is late november or in December now?

I'm just gonna assume December at this point, fucking hell. At least they're doing something about the translation, seemed like they were gonna ignore it until that e-mail campaign started and actually got attention in Japan.

I hope Zwei II comes out before it, I need my Falcom fix. Also

It has come to my attention that the quality of the Ys VIII localization has not reached an acceptable level by our own standards

And yet they allowed it to be released as it was.

Top Bottom