• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vecks

Are you nuts mang?
1- You can't add it to your Steam library
2- It'd be cheaper to get the Tier 3 stuff
3- It's 35 effin' Americanos just for 7-8 games WHICH YOU COULD GET FOR CHEAPER

I'm surprised they don't even supply a pillow. All that for a pillow case.

Miguel81

My plan is to wait for RE4 HD mod project to finish and then play that, and hopefully by the time I'm done with that, RE5 will have Steamworks and then continue on from there. At this rate I'll play RE6 in maybe 2-3 years. :p

The melee in 6 is pretty damn fun with a bit of practice. I was actually expecting much worse than what I've currently got.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Had it been HuniePop and Aiko Yumi I can honestly say I'd be 35 dollars broker right now.

I don't even understand the whole body pillow thing in all honesty. I just need more Ms. Yumi in my life.

If it were Kokoro from DOA5 I would jump on it.

I mean how could I say no?
51Rw3MU2HYL._SY355_.jpg

_hekk05

Banned
Btw. Dakimakuras...
who is even buying these for the "normal" japanese prices? I mean 100-250€ for actually just a normal long pillow with a printed waifu on cheap blankets made in a chinese factory for like 1-2€.
I remember I knew one who bought 2 for 160€.

I never understood those. Wouldnt it be even cheaper to just buy a long pillow and do a custom print on a pillow-blanket?

Not if you want good image quality and good material.

You're going to want nice image quality and colours with out any running for your waifu huggables, as well as a cover properly dized for your pillow for minimal wrinkling.

I'm not even an expert.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
he looks like a bit of a dweeb to me tbqh but first impressions can be deceiving.

Per the trailer he is. But the player is acting as a guardian angel manipulating the environment around Harold as he runs instead of controlling him directly.

Is Harold a clone of Lester the Unlikely or something?

This was my first thought after seeing the store banner and the screenshots.

kierwynn

I've been slowly working on finishing the badges completely for a game, and I finally finished my Long Live the Queen foil badge I've been working on for awhile!

I got the normal badge to lvl 5 a couple of weeks ago and now this, so those projects are done. Trying to decide what game to work on next. I'm thinking either Hatoful Boyfriend or Cook, Serve, Delicious!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Does it redeem on Steam?

I'm sure we could make a case for a TF2 item or something.

Sniper shield slot item, Ryouta body pillow. A backstab causes hundreds of down feathers to burst from the spot of the fowl. Temporarily covers the spy with feathers and makes it harder for them to see for several seconds.

Fork, you know you love it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll have to pick up Lucius 2 next month as not enough money for the moment, but the first Lucius I thought was good, the second Lucius is apparently more open-world than the original game. The original game was kind of a puzzle game mixed with a Hitman game, this game claims to be designed with big open worlds, you can upgrade and improve the abilities you choose to over time and kill people how you like, with a ton of different ways while retaining the stealth gameplay and throwing in a ton of horror movie references. Also more diverse locations, I know the first two are the hospital and a small town.

I'll have to pick up Lucius 2 next month as not enough money for the moment, but the first Lucius I thought was good, the second Lucius is apparently more open-world than the original game. The original game was kind of a puzzle game mixed with a Hitman game, this game claims to be designed with big open worlds, you can upgrade and improve the abilities you choose to over time and kill people how you like, with a ton of different ways while retaining the stealth gameplay and throwing in a ton of horror movie references. Also more diverse locations, I know the first two are the hospital and a small town.

I'm interested.

The first one had a lot of potential... but kind of ended up a bit crap overall. I saw it as something like State of Decay, where it just needed a sequel to try again and get it right.

And here we are. Maybe.

Dusk Golem

I'm interested.

The first one had a lot of potential... but kind of ended up a bit crap overall. I saw it as something like State of Decay, where it just needed a sequel to try again and get it right.

And here we are. Maybe.

While I liked the first game well enough, I don't disagree there were weaker areas and I thought a sequel to work out some of the kinks and bring out the novelty of the idea (The Omen The Game has a lot of potential which no other game has really explored before, really), I think if this game is good it could be much better than the original game, but to be seen. I know there's some gameplay videos that were uploaded today, tempted to look but I think I'll wait when I pick up the game at the end of the month.

I do know it's a bigger game than the original game and less picky with how you murder people (less puzzle-based murder, more stealth-sandbox), but retains a number of its horror movie homage, satanic, and atmospheric upbringings. Here's hoping it turns out being good. I actually think it might though.

Dusk Golem

Now that Dusky's here, it's a fine time to remind everyone that Dreadout's second (and final, I believe?) act is dropping in two days~

Yup, I'm very excited about this. The trailer also makes it look promising and happy to see they are doing more than just making more the same. I'll be writing full impressions of Act 2 and DreadOut as a whole once that comes out. Act 1 for me had fantastic sound design and atmosphere, a surprising variety of ghosts and secrets (my favorite part of the Act 1 was if you went backwards to explore the town once it turned dark instead of just heading into the school, something that was completely optional), and its old-school style unforgiving crypticness to solve stuff (doesn't treat the player dumb, gives you enough hints and clues to solve what you need to do but lets you explore the school location freely as you figure it out). It also benefited greatly from pulling from Indonesian ghost stories, they have such colorful ghosts and supernatural beliefs, and no horror game has really explored it, and it's the first indie horror game I can really think of that models itself after Fatal Frame. It was obviously low-budget (which shows the most in the game's graphics), and on the short side (Act 1 was about 2-4 hours the first time depending on how stuck you got, but could be easily be beaten in under an hour fi you knew what you were doing), also with some hammy acting.

Here's hoping Act 2 is of decent length and surpasses Act 1 even, if it can bring the whole package of DreadOut together, it'll be an easy recommend to me for anyone who likes certain old-school horror tendencies, be interested in an indie-take on a Fatal Frame-like game, or want some good atmospheric ghost horror in their life. Act 2 is the second half of the game, the only other DreadOut thing is down the line they will release a paid DLC thing known as free roam mode, which will include all the areas/ghosts from the main game, but include some new areas (I think they prepared a few of these areas in Act 1, I notice there's areas you can see in Act 1 you can't visit, such as a farm and some business building), and include new ghosts and a number of objectives and missions to do (basically a sandbox horror game with supernatural points of intrigue to explore and such). The ghost includes the ghosts people who paid higher kickstarter tiers paid for, as well as including content cut from the final game (if you look at early gameplay videos, you will see a lot of areas didn't end up in Act 1 of the original game and at least so far don't appear to be in Act 2, but we'll see).

It looks like Act 2 may take place in where the dream in the demo takes place but expanded (the village area, the demo was later added to the main game in a patch a few months ago, though), in a subway/sewer system, in what kind of looks like a museum, be interesting to how it comes together but the location variety and a few interesting things (the dead baby enemies, the scene where she seems to be stealthing and one where she is carrying an umbrella) do make it seem there will be some variety in gameplay here.

Dusk Golem

Concerning Dreadout.

how to finish Chapter 0? I tried it, shot my first ghost with the camera... and then I didnt have a clue what to do.

In Chapter 0, there's a ghost in the first lot you can only see with the camera. Similarly, to get to the house, look at the wall in the alleyway with the camera, there's a false wall which you can see by using your camera. I assume that's what you mean, I'm guessing you didn't see the wall through the lens, but if you mean something different then just say so.

In Chapter 0, there's a ghost in the first lot you can only see with the camera. Similarly, to get to the house, look at the wall in the alleyway with the camera, there's a false wall which you can see by using your camera. I assume that's what you mean, I'm guessing you didn't see the wall through the lens, but if you mean something different then just say so.

Yeah. Right. I saw a ghost at the playground. Then I didnt know how to continue. Seems I should have looked at the walls. Thanks.

Dusk Golem

I am so going to try this Left 4 Dead 2 campaign very soon, The Hive:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/11555

"The Hive is a remake of the Hospital from 'Resident Evil: Nemesis', the 'Spencer Mansion' from GameCube's 'Resident Evil' and the entire 'Hive' from the 2002 Resident Evil movie, among other memorable locations. Players will get to explore their favourite RE locations in the triple remake of the Resident Evil universe. Built to mirror everything seen exactly as it was, no feature has been left out. Both the Hospital and the Hive have been linked seamlessly and seem to always have been the one.

Descend 1 Mile underground to experience the fear of Claustrophobia and flesh eating infected combined. Visit 'Dining Hall B', disable the Red Queen, get spliced up by the lasers, find the T-Virus.

Can you escape the hive?"

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Didn't realise I had Long Live the Queen already too. I really should check my backlog before jumping on humble bundles :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mrklaw, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Long live the queen -- MB-76C3741F283D7E62 - Taken by sensoft04

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Awesome excitement about DreadOut Act 2 here

I think I'm gonna have to load up for a friday night fright to be ready for when the new act drops!

I am so going to try this Left 4 Dead 2 campaign very soon, The Hive:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/11555

This looks like it could be a pretty mean little campaign! I survived the massive Silent Hill 1 redux campaign, I might have to give this a try for shits and giggles. The Hive bits here they took from the movie remind me of the custom campaign Questionable Ethics. Now that was fun.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I dont even have Long Live the Queen and now its making me wanna play it.. goddamn GAF and the hive mind.

It is a quality entry into the crowded and highly competitive genre of Princess Simulator.

Dusk Golem

This looks like it could be a pretty mean little campaign! I survived the massive Silent Hill 1 redux campaign, I might have to give this a try for shits and giggles. The Hive bits here they took from the movie remind me of the custom campaign Questionable Ethics. Now that was fun.

Loves Questionable Ethics. I had a really good time with it. I made some videos of various L4D2 custom maps for a while, those two were among my favorites, and others like Yama and yes, the Silent Hill redux campaign. I also liked Silent hill Otherside of Life, though a bit long, and many other campaign things we've played over time.

Isn't Dreadout releasing tomorrow?

Yes, it just peaked to Friday over here on West Coast America, though.

Actually, I wonder when on Saturday. Since the devs are in Indonesia, it might actually be tomorrow? Guess we shall see.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Gauntlet (free ingame item) -- MB-D1CA5F89AA9B48DC - Taken by crazyrabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom