• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
DigeratiDistribution bought the IP rights for Paranautical Activity off of the the guys who said they'd kill Gabe Newell and are putting it back on Steam.

I asked how much involvement the guy who threatened to kill Gabe has and they said none.

They probably picked it up for pennies on the dollar. With all the exposure the "new and controversial" re-release will bring, they'll make some profit off it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Momentary

Banned
The Lost Pisces... Something tells me my wallet is going to get light on the 20th of this month. I told myself I'd stay away from Kickstarter this year, but there have been 3 games so far this year that just look awesome. This being one of them

VRS7cWg.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Megauap, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033 -- MB-4E1981529B3F5FEE - Taken by rrvv. 3 entrants total.

t1423788337z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Megauap, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-D03C60E007411AB2 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 4 entrants total.

t1423788637z1.png

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much, but I don't really remember the jump scares even being that startling/effective.

As someone who was expecting a nice walk through the forest with maybe some cute mythological creatures (people said they loved it, people usually don't love jump scare games) I wasn't expecting it. Nor was I expecting the blood or the screech.
I scare easily. Sue me!

Dwalls

Neo Member
Le sigh, I was super excited to play NBA2K15 during the free weekend to see if I should actually purchase it, I skipped on the console one because of boycotting them due to the VC nonsense of last year. But I can't even download the free weekend. I hit play and either nothing happens or steam says it's checking for updates to the games list for a millisecond. I've restarted steam, installed the beta, tried everything besides deleting that blob file or reinstalling steam because I don't want another marketplace ban for a week. Anyone know a fix?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
DigeratiDistribution bought the IP rights for Paranautical Activity off of the the guys at Code Avarice and are putting it back on Steam.

I asked how much involvement Mike(the guy who threatened to kill Gabe) has and they said none.

I'd love it if Valve required them to show the paperwork to show they aren't getting a royalty from sales.

What happened to Spinal Destination?

Turns out they're spineless.

derExperte

Le sigh, I was super excited to play NBA2K15 during the free weekend to see if I should actually purchase it, I skipped on the console one because of boycotting them due to the VC nonsense of last year. But I can't even download the free weekend. I hit play and either nothing happens or steam says it's checking for updates to the games list for a millisecond. I've restarted steam, installed the beta, tried everything besides deleting that blob file or reinstalling steam because I don't want another marketplace ban for a week. Anyone know a fix?

same here

Chariot

One third of my Neptunia playtime is grinding and moving shares in the last chapter to get the boss fight right. So far. I probably have to do some mkre tomorrow. Urgh.

Dr Dogg

Finally got some decent AO working with Gears of War (yeah sorry it still ain't on Steam but it's not like we have a GFWL Marketplace thread on here now is it)
Before said:
After said:

Still for all it's contact shadowy goodness now Gears still has the blandest colour pallet in a game ever. I'm never a fan of SweetFX and the like (especially when most people who use it go fucking nuts and ruin the colour balance something chronic) but I'm half tempted to have a dabble with Reshade just to bring a little less saturation out of the blues, greens and reds that exist in the environment.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tempy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-22D016B656993B7B - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-5440A2FFB720D5F7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 14 entrants total.

t1423797757z1.png

I played some solo Evolve just to get used to the game a little better. Picked assault class...and I am really, really, really, (you get the point), bad...lol

Hopefully this weekend I can play a few games with some GAF members

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol opened Idlemaster for the 1st time, 1315 card drops remaining $$$

moKU9In.gif

Out of curiosity, what made you use it for the first time? Did you just now hear about it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah heard about it in this thread a few days ago but couldn't use it then as steam wasn't sending emails so i couldnt log into it

Cool. :) If you run into any issues, let me know. I'm on track to release a new update some time this weekend if all goes well, so keep an eye out for that also.

Cool. :) If you run into any issues, let me know. I'm on track to release a new update some time this weekend if all goes well, so keep an eye out for that also.

Also man while your here is it possible to put a thing into enhanced steam that notifies you when a games pre-load goes up as i preorder and good few games and sometimes forget to preload

so i've been breaking in my new mega PC over the last month, getting used to all the various sound (it runs the fans so quiet and little compared to my older machine, so I can hear things i've never heard before like the water-cooler pump on the CPU kicking in, coil whine when they don't FPS-lock a menu screen and suddenly the FPS shoots into the 700s, etc) but when just playing I kept hearing this

*click* *click* *click*

Almost like a Cherry Blue mechanical keyboard switch, which is odd given I use Cherry Browns.

*click* *click* *click*

... the hell? Well, I finally just figured it out. It's the damned pistol shrimp in my fishtank. The one I put in 10 days ago that promptly disappeared into the rockwork and I haven't seen since. Well, he's out now, and basically harassing my damn Goby 18 ways to Sunday. On the one hand, good to know it's alive. On the other hand... leave my damned Goby alone!

... so I think it's time to give Neptunia and Evolve a rest and play some Sunless Sea instead in honor of the dumb thing.

fallout

Out of curiosity, what made you use it for the first time? Did you just now hear about it?
Just figured I'd chime in and say that I started using it only a few months ago. I knew about it for awhile, but a big reason why I started using it was because I've been playing a lot of Divinity: Original Sin, which I bought off gog.com. As a result, I could keep the game and Idlemaster running at the same time.

Ozium

Wow, Paranautical Activity is coming back to steam.

damn

it's not a separate app

:(

edit: and when I go to the store page it says it's in my library but in my library the game was never updated.. I call shenanigans.. false advertising! gaben pls put an end to this chicanery thx m8

jshackles

Also man while your here is it possible to put a thing into enhanced steam that notifies you when a games pre-load goes up as i preorder and good few games and sometimes forget to preload

Well, these sorts of things aren't exposed in the Steam API (besides maybe in the "news" section, sometimes) so it's difficult to get a source for Enhanced Steam to get this information from. It would have to be cross-referenced with a list of apps that you own (which, fortunately, is in the API) either every page load or on some kind of timer schedule.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's not something that lends itself well to what Enhanced Steam does and how browser plugins in general operate.

Just figured I'd chime in and say that I started using it only a few months ago. I knew about it for awhile, but a big reason why I started using it was because I've been playing a lot of Divinity: Original Sin, which I bought off gog.com. As a result, I could keep the game and Idlemaster running at the same time.

Makes sense, thanks. I hear that a lot actually, wish there was something I could do about it but obviously that's on Valve's end.

MUnited83

For you.
damn

it's not a separate app

:(

edit: and when I go to the store page it says it's in my library but in my library the game was never updated.. I call shenanigans.. false advertising! gaben pls put an end to this chicanery thx m8

I don't think that the update is live just yet.

Well, these sorts of things aren't exposed in the Steam API (besides maybe in the "news" section, sometimes) so it's difficult to get a source for Enhanced Steam to get this information from. It would have to be cross-referenced with a list of apps that you own (which, fortunately, is in the API) either every page load or on some kind of timer schedule.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's not something that lends itself well to what Enhanced Steam does and how browser plugins in general operate.

K, kinda wish steam would implement it in someway or just put it in your download list when the preload is up

What a great bundle!
ModBot said:
Instructions for NightmareTrigger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-1AB4F8AB7416CF28 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 14 entrants total.

t1423801717z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom