• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so going to try this Left 4 Dead 2 campaign very soon, The Hive:
http://www.gamemaps.com/details/11555

"The Hive is a remake of the Hospital from 'Resident Evil: Nemesis', the 'Spencer Mansion' from GameCube's 'Resident Evil' and the entire 'Hive' from the 2002 Resident Evil movie, among other memorable locations. Players will get to explore their favourite RE locations in the triple remake of the Resident Evil universe. Built to mirror everything seen exactly as it was, no feature has been left out. Both the Hospital and the Hive have been linked seamlessly and seem to always have been the one.

Descend 1 Mile underground to experience the fear of Claustrophobia and flesh eating infected combined. Visit 'Dining Hall B', disable the Red Queen, get spliced up by the lasers, find the T-Virus.

Can you escape the hive?"

When are you doing this? I might be game for some co-op.

Arthea

I dont even have Long Live the Queen and now its making me wanna play it.. goddamn GAF and the hive mind.

That has nothing to do with a hive mind or any mind or gaf, LLTQ is legit, a great game, somewhat overlooked by people as it's not easy and looks deceivingly as not so serious game, but it's dead serious, trust me on this.
Also obligatory

ijyFJqS1yaeZv.png

it's complicated, but that is also awesome.

Shadownet

Banned
do it
but get analogue first and play analogue first
also hate plus get hate plus
do it for love

I can't. I can't justify paying for it, every time I look at it. I'm just like. Oh god, what is this.. This is too kawaii for me.. Even if it is as great as you guys says. I'm going to wait for a raffle.

I blinked and now own lara croft, the season pass, and thief. Hrm.

JaseC must blink more than the average man.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I can't. I can't justify paying for it, every time I look at it. I'm just like. Oh god, what is this.. This is too kawaii for me.. Even if it is as great as you guys says. I'm going to wait for a raffle.

I give you a copy of Long live the Queen (which is a good game btw) if you could help me out getting a copy of Dying Light for a friend :) sadly it's not available here in Germany

Shadownet

Banned
I give you a copy of Long live the Queen (which is a good game btw) if you could help me out getting a copy of Dying Light for a friend :) sadly it's not available here in Germany

bro, I don't even know how I can help you? unless you have a plan. I'm willing to hear it.

I live a life of perpetual blindness.

Certainly would explain why you never play anything, and when you do. It's a milked out franchise. ;D

Hello guys, I've been sick with the flu most of the week, what have I missed?

I fucking hate MRW, I hope I get my New 3DS XL today so I can play it all weekend, those bastards say they tried to deliver it yesterday and nobody was home, they always do that lying shit >.<

The_Super_Inframan

bro, I don't even know how I can help you? unless you have a plan. I'm willing to hear it.

you buy a copy of dying light, I pay you through paypal and you just trade me the game over, thats all.

Btw, you can have the game even if you can't help me ;)

dex3108

Hello guys, I've been sick with the flu most of the week, what have I missed?

I fucking hate MRW, I hope I get my New 3DS XL today so I can play it all weekend, those bastards say they tried to deliver it yesterday and nobody was home, they always do that lying shit >.<

Murdered Soul Suspect is 2,5 euros on SE Store. New HIB Weekly is Anime collection (and hug pillows).

The_Super_Inframan

yeah certainly man. i can do that. Do you have me on Steam? add me? and I'll help you out. I'm off the comp for the night. :)

We are already steam friends <3

I've send you a message through Steam you should get when you're back at your PC, I'm Schnitzelfee on Steam.

Thanks a lot for helping and till later :)

PARANO1A

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.
Free stuff yay
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-74A5C855E320B95B - Taken by mrklaw. 3 entrants total.

t1423832079z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I feel my road to become real video game journalist is almost complete

jQ0udqwVKqfJe.png

Arthea

obvious statement of the day: our steam life is now complete!

I feel my road to become real video game journalist is almost complete

http://i5.minus.com/jQ0udqwVKqfJe.png[/IMG[/QUOTE]

not bad! you still need to work some on your style, add some flourish and all that, but you are getting there

redlacs

Midnight mysteries: Salem witch trials removed all 15 steam achievements causing a 0% avg. game completion rate bug to achievement showcases if you unlocked any achievement in this game.

This happened before with Blade symphony and Snow and sadly there has been little to none progress when bringing up this issue with steam support.
It could be fixed by developers by adding at least one achievement back (for starting the game for example) but if steam could take those games out of equation completely somehow, it would be even better solution.

Unfortunately in this case the MumboJumbo technical support already sent out unfavourable reply concerning the matter.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Ooh, STALKER: SoC. If any of you are the lucky winner, you will probably need to install some mods to remove some of the bugs and introduce some weather and graphical/texture improvements.

STALKER Complete (ver. 2009) is a great all in one mod compilation that works well.

Mod Pack 1.3 is an alternative. But you can't use the standard Steam version of Stalker: SoC.

Guys do yourself a favor. If its showing near you, go see Kingsman: The Secret Service.

People said the same of John Wick. That was a 7/10 movie at best and the good action sequences were not worth the time and effort of watching the rest of the movie. However, I haven't really liked any action movie in a coupe of years now so it might just be me.

Midnight mysteries: Salem witch trials removed all 15 steam achievements causing a 0% avg. game completion rate bug to achievement showcases if you unlocked any achievement in this game.

This happened before with Blade symphony and Snow and sadly there has been little to none progress when bringing up this issue with steam support.
It could be fixed by developers by adding at least one achievement back (for starting the game for example) but if steam could take those games out of equation completely somehow, it would be even better solution.

Unfortunately in this case the MumboJumbo technical support already sent out unfavourable reply concerning the matter.

...yay. I realize my completion rate is trashed since I let others play games on my account, but this is a bit ridiculous.

zkylon

zkylewd
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-5D882EF554E83306 - Taken by Shadownet
Long Live The Queen -- MB-8C078AE53208F905 - Taken by Mr. Doop

lltq is brutal

i'm broke so i only got u analogue but check your pm

(i did get some money today and i'm already blowing through it lawl)

Shadownet

Banned
People said the same of John Wick. That was a 7/10 movie at best and the good action sequences were not worth the time and effort of watching the rest of the movie. However, I haven't really liked any action movie in a coupe of years now.
U can understand why people didn't like John Wick as much. I'm the type of person if the action scenes are amazing. I can look past a lot of stuff that are underwhelming like the plot or dialogue. John Wick was like an 8.5 for me. It would be like a 6 if the action scenes weren't so kick-ass plus Keanu Reeves still got it.

Kingsman is different though cause it got a very good cast (wouldn't replace any of them) and a its very funny on top of the crazy action. Just watch it, I think you will like it more than John Wick. I know I did. It overtook John Wick as my favorite action movie so far this year (roughly last year too).

If you don't like it... Then please call the coroner..cause you might be dead inside.
lltq is brutal

i'm broke so i only got u analogue but check your pm

(i did get some money today and i'm already blowing through it lawl)
You shouldn't have dear. But thank you anyway. I hope you already fix your PC! Save your moolah!

Thank you once again (>'')> *hugs*

milena87

Guys do yourself a favor. If its showing near you, go see Kingsman: The Secret Service.

I'll certainly buy it on Blu Ray.
And probably see it after 5 months, if my movie backlog is any indication. Damn you Amazon.it and your offers for Blu Rays at 4-5€ ç_ç

Anyway, I'm really tempted by the STALKER bundle and that weekly humble bundle.
I already have the physical editions of all three STALKER games, so I'm not really in a hurry to have them all on Steam, but the games rarely go on sale, so I don't know. I might buy it.

Maniac

Banned
PixelVision is discontinued, so you can cross that off your list.

The community-continued Parsnip's version looks the part as far as I can tell, so not necessarily! :p Although Metro seems to have gotten the most votes... Guess I'll try out both!

Why is Hatoful Boyfriend in the last BTA at Humble while World End Economica is in the second one?

Doesnt make that much sense to me.
Have all the games besides hatoful :D

I only had Hatoful. So it's a win for me, especially considering I'm officially broke, and thus had to borrow five dollars from a mate.

Sigh.
People said the same of John Wick. That was a 7/10 movie at best and the good action sequences were not worth the time and effort of watching the rest of the movie. However, I haven't really liked any action movie in a coupe of years now so it might just be me.

Just you. Wick is GOAT.

Literally my favourite action movie of all time, and I've been bored of recent action movies.

It's just so... Visceral. Concise. Precise. Realistic. Gritty. Bloody. Shootybangbang. Keanu. Motherfucking. Reeves.

:p
What game from the Humble Bundle should I play first? I haven't played any of them before.

I've heard great things about Long Live the Queen.

I gave up on my Game Completion Average a longass time ago.
Thanks Tales of Majeyeadal. I really needed a game with 1,386 achievements that take forever to get.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll certainly buy it on Blu Ray.
And probably see it after 5 months, if my movie backlog is any indication. Damn you Amazon.it and your offers for Blu Rays at 4-5€ ç_ç

Anyway, I'm really tempted by the STALKER bundle and that weekly humble bundle.
I already have the physical editions of all three STALKER games, so I'm not really in a hurry to have them all on Steam, but the games rarely go on sale, so I don't know. I might buy it.

What?? No way. That's like 5-6 USD. How are Blu-ray that cheap. Also, I'm in the same situation. I have the first stalker game I think. This is a good opportunity to get the last two. But I'm hesitating. I'm assuming $10 for all 3 games is the cheapest its ever been?

What game from the Humble Bundle should I play first? I haven't played any of them before.

Which one though? The Star Wars or the Weebo bundle?

@Maniac: go see Kingsman dude. You'll love it.

@Marow: And yes the Wolf Among Us is amazing episode 1 and onward. One of my favorites of 2014.

milena87

What?? No way. That's like 5-6 USD. How are Blu-ray that cheap. Also, I'm in the same situation. I have the first stalker game I think. This is a good opportunity to get the last two. But I'm hesitating. I'm assuming $10 for all 3 games is the cheapest its ever been?

Well, Amazon.it just does a lot of offers. And I mean a lot.
Just now there are 6 special offers going on, with one especially tempting: 5 Blu Rays for 25€ total.
And 2 months ago there was another offer for 10 Blu Rays for 40€.
These and the 3x2 offers are the best ones. The 3x2 is especially great for TV series.

The newer Blu Rays might only be in the 5 for 35€ sale, but it's still a good price.

Of course, the movies on these offers are mostly the ones from the big majors. Anime movies and certain other niche products costs more, but I ammassed 500+ Blu Rays thanks to Amazon.it.

And yes, I think this is the biggest discount yet on the STALKER series.

sprinkles

Now that Dusky's here, it's a fine time to remind everyone that Dreadout's second (and final, I believe?) act is dropping in two days~
Great news, tomorrow night will be scary good! I loved the first act despite its jankiness in parts - the low budget was obviously showing through but the game overcame it with the b-horror movie story and a damn cool setting.

Pleas tell me The Wolf Among Us is just as good as Episode 1. Because that was fantastic!
I enjoyed all five episodes for the story, but in terms of player interaction and actual gameplay this was the weakest Telltale game yet.

I gave up on my Game Completion Average a longass time ago.
Thanks Tales of Majeyeadal. I really needed a game with 1,386 achievements that take forever to get.
It's a long hard road to the 50% I aim for, especially if you did not play lots of TF2 in the past and have only 20/500+ achievements in that game like I do.

zkylon

zkylewd
You shouldn't have dear. But thank you anyway. I hope you already fix your PC! Save your moolah!

Thank you once again (>'')> *hugs*
i have, i think

but i'm no smart for money. i like literally bought two bundles today, went to the movies and had sushi for dinner lol

i'm the worst

Arthea

Are we talking about game completion? My favourite topic!
I'm about to hit 35%! and
30 perfect games if all goes well
I had 19% a year ago, that's some nice progress if I could say it myself &#65288;&#65507;&#12540;&#65507;&#65289;

talking about progress, remember I posted that Crystal Story 2 is an easy game, well, I take my words back. Don't get me wrong, the game is easy, but optional bosses near the end of the game are getting meaner and meaner. I have very well made party (I have a good healer, fast and efficient user of items, I can buff and nerf, deal nice amount of damage too), and levelled decently and I can't take on some already, and these aren't even strongest bosses!

I think trip to Nippon is shortest one in that bundle, so you might want to start with that.
It's not the best game, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom