• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who was expecting a nice walk through the forest with maybe some cute mythological creatures (people said they loved it, people usually don't love jump scare games) I wasn't expecting it. Nor was I expecting the blood or the screech.
I scare easily. Sue me!

One of the promotional images on the store page is a screenshot of the encyclopedia section that talks about the Myling, the murdered ghost babies featured in the game.

You have a very strange definition of cute :p

Sarcasm

In mafia 2 can you revisit all checkpoints after beating the game?

I rather play the game, finish it and than go back to collect everything. Is this possible?

Maniac

Banned
Yaw peeeeooooples! Which skin is the most-beloved around here? Metro, PixelVision, Air, Pressure..? I'm having a hard time deciding! :p

derExperte

Any impressions of Harold?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/338890/

header.jpg

Momentary

Banned
My little Steam Review of Crimzon Clover for those still not taking the plunge for this game:

My initial review was just basically a fly by "Oh I played through the game using the infinite continues system. It was good. Let me right four sentences about it to let people know I checked it out." After playing this game for an extensive amount of time, I feel like I've got to do a re-review on this game.

This is the first Shoot'em up that made me want to beat my old score. This is the first one to make me want to memorize bullet and enemy patterns. This is the first out of the genre to make me want to 1CC it.

Crimzon Clover is one of the best Shmups I've had the pleasure of playing in the last 24 years or so of me enjoying the genre. The game comes with necessities I feel that every Shmup should have this day in age. You've got training, local leader boards, online leader boards, multiple game modes, and play back. Along with viewing options for those who want to play in the TATE view.

The game's design is just fantastic. The art direction is fantastic and, in my opinion, blows anything since it's inception out of the water. The ships and enemies look detailed and aren't static, characterless bullet sponges just floating across the screen. The bullet and enemy patterns are fun and actually interesting and aren't "impossible" for those who want to put in a reasonable amount of time at 1CCing this. The game does a fantastic job of making the player feel empowered with the use of BREAK and DOUBLE BREAK. Pair that with an addictive scoring system, and you get a damn fine shooter that I feel is the best Bullet Hell out of any platform.

The game is so good that I actually felt guilty afterwards only paying $9.99. If you see this game on sale you need to snatch it up if you'r even REMOTELY interested in this genre. You can really feel the passion that was put into this game from the single man developer, Yotsubane. Also, there's some DLC planned in the not too distant future that brings an arcade flyer (for those more serious about the genre than me), Superplay Demos, and NEW music by Gryzor87.

I really wish this game got more recognition for how awesome it is. This is definitely a hidden gem that needs to be brought to light for the masses.

Parsnip

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Steam Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed

Full game is the $39.99 (or VIP on GMG $29.99) thing that includes everything for the game, the Complete Season is four main episodes, two bonus episodes, and HUNK pack for $24.99, includes the Raid Mode Throwback Map Pack for those who pre-order.

Neat.
I bought RE6 and RE:Rev on launch and still haven't played either of them, so I think I'll wait for once.

Learn from my mistakes.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of NightmareTrigger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live The Queen -- MB-1AB4F8AB7416CF28 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 14 entrants total.

t1423801717z1.png

Parsnip

Damn it

can anyone link me some other steam skins i can use?

i used pixelvision and I hear the author for it retired and is done updating it?

any recommendation gaf? :3

ty

If you want to keep using PixelVision, I've been updating it for my own use with the latest Steam beta and decided to upload the modified skin in case anyone else wants to use them. Latest will always be here. http://beerlake.net/PixelVision_custom/
Someone else is also updating it over here. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pixelvision2

I think mine looks and works better. :p Also if anyone has any good ideas for a small DLC icon, I'm all ears. For now the DLC panel just uses the same star icon as the Library.

All other skins look like BUTT.

I'm trying to find some good Valentine's Day discounts, is there a way to search only for games that are rated positive or higher, and then sort them by discount (not by price)?

Lately in Dark Souls I farmed major souls and materials and made me a list of weapons to upgrade. now it is much more fun than just using one weapon always. Nice to be able to change different playstyles this way without having to think about weak damage.

Gear being set I finally went into DLC. Only part left.
Sanctuary Guardian was not hard but at first I tried to get its tail for the unique weapon. After some tries I gave up on that though. It was for my character just not possible to get his behind He was jumping like a mad cat around. After that the only enemies causing me a bit trouble were the stone guardians. They deal some mean damage. Artorias was surprisingly easy and I got him down at first try. Yay!
Afterwards it got more and mote spooky until reaching the dark depths. The ghosts especially the little ones are cute but I learned the hard way to keep distance. Good for humanity though.

Then came Manus. And how he came.
I was happy to manage dodges for his huge hand but once I got him down to ~30% health, he changed his attacks. constantly summoning dark magic. One practically impossible to dodge, circling around me and then homing in. Since it is kinda late too I called it for today. Gotta learn to use the new pendant.

Well over 120 hours in and the game is still not getting stale. It really is something special. Almost feel sad that it is going to end soon. But hey, Dark Souls 2 is already waiting :p

Parsnip

I'm always down to play some RE6 if you need a coop partner

My plan is to wait for RE4 HD mod project to finish and then play that, and hopefully by the time I'm done with that, RE5 will have Steamworks and then continue on from there. At this rate I'll play RE6 in maybe 2-3 years. :p

sorry for non-capitalization folks. it's already super hard with typos on phone.
Best Humble ever

$1
Long Live the Queen
Analogue: A Hate Story
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~

BTA
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01
Hate Plus
Roommates - Deluxe Edition

$8
Hatoful Boyfriend

$35
Hatoful Boyfriend Lovers Pillowcase
this is an awesome bundle! gonna get tier 1 for gifting for sure. looks like i am too late for giveaways lol
Old spares.
holy smokes! that's a lot of games o_O
even really great ones o: thanks ninjaboy!
i should play less and stay on gaf haha.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series Bundlestars Bundle for $9.99:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/stalker-complete-bundle/

Includes:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat
only need call of pripyat. 10 bucks is way too much for that.
If any of you don't own this series yet you are DEAD to me. EVERYONE should play them.
D: so i am 1/3 dead to you? ;)

I hope Aoi-chan notices me.
woah! super catchy music, great artstyle and the fantasy i had back in my schooldays
still have :3
wishlisted so hard.

Why is Hatoful Boyfriend in the last BTA at Humble while World End Economica is in the second one?

Doesnt make that much sense to me.
Have all the games besides hatoful :D

MUnited83

For you.
Why is Hatoful Boyfriend in the last BTA at Humble while World End Economica is in the second one?

Doesnt make that much sense to me.
Have all the games besides hatoful :D

That's easy, Hatoful is easily the most famous of the bunch, so, the one people are more likely to pay a high price for.

Tizoc

Hopefully The Lost Pisces doesn't turn out like The Last Guardian.

Hmm..Gonna have to start saving for some computer upgrades.

What do those 2 games even have in common? Lost Pisces is an indie game, you'd do better to compare it to a kickstarter game that didn't deliver even upon reaching its goal.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Awesome! I can finally sort by discount (I can only do that in my wishlist in the Steam store, I think that's a Steam Enhancement addition), but I don't see a way to sort by the community rating. Sorting by discount is still a huge improvement, thanks so much!

It's not perfect but at least you get the rating on the right-hand side of the table so you can sort of mentally flag stuff that seems notably high in both categories.

I find almost nothing online does multi-column sorts well. :(

Tizoc

Please tell me none of you bought that Hatoful Boyfriend Body Pillow..

Are you nuts mang?
1- You can't add it to your Steam library
2- It'd be cheaper to get the Tier 3 stuff
3- It's 35 effin' Americanos just for 7-8 games WHICH YOU COULD GET FOR CHEAPER

What do those 2 games even have in common? Lost Pisces is an indie game, you'd do better to compare it to a kickstarter game that didn't deliver even upon reaching its goal.

Eh...Yeah I know it's an odd comparison but eh..
It's just something I'm sensing from TLP.

Btw. Dakimakuras...
who is even buying these for the "normal" japanese prices? I mean 100-250€ for actually just a normal long pillow with a printed waifu on cheap blankets made in a chinese factory for like 1-2€.
I remember I knew one who bought 2 for 160€.

I never understood those. Wouldnt it be even cheaper to just buy a long pillow and do a custom print on a pillow-blanket?

That's easy, Hatoful is easily the most famous of the bunch, so, the one people are more likely to pay a high price for.

That makes Chuck sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom