• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Ok. Just finished Seath in the Crystal Cave for the first Lord Soul. Where should I go now??

• Catacombs
  • Demon Ruins
  • New Londo
  • Ash Lake (waiting on this I think)
  • DLC

Ash Lake is not that difficult and not that long, but I would go to either Demon Ruins (worst part of the game imo) or New Londo (actually a great area, one of my favourites).

Nice when games have little secrets for fans to find. Not everything has to be experienced by every player.

Sure, and i think it's probably a great experience for someone who stumbles upon it on your own. Still, Ash Lake in particular stood out to me as some sort of Mario 3 levels of hold-down-here-and-use-the-whistle-there type of stuff that I would've never found on my own without a guide.

but that could just mean that i'm terrible at dark souls and that i'm an old man yelling at clouds yet again.

Ash Lake is not that difficult and not that long, but I would go to either Demon Ruins (worst part of the game imo) or New Londo (actually a great area, one of my favourites).
Both statements on point so much!
Listen to the cat bosstone. Go New Londo. Just yesterday I got two consecutive Titanite Slab drops by the enemies. Crazy!

Grief.exe

This guy built an awesome computer desk, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing. Gives me inspiration to do a similar design.

HWtrskZ.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/97HAK

You can essentially do the same thing if you are looking to cheaply replace your kitchen counter.

Indie Gala Winter Wolves Bundle
https://www.indiegala.com/heart
$1
Bionic Heart
Flower Shop Summer
Heileen 1+2

$4.99
Always Remember Me
Bionic Heart 2
Flower Shop Winter
Heileen 3
Spirited Heart

$9.99
Loren
Nicole
Planet Stronghold

EDIT: If someone doesn't need their copy of Nicole I'll gladly buy it.

ExoSoul

Banned
What to do when a computer turns on but doesn't actually start and the fan goes in overpower more?
please tell me I didn't brick it =x

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
This guy built an awesome computer desk, I thought you guys would enjoy seeing. Gives me inspiration to do a similar design.

http://imgur.com/gallery/97HAK

You can essentially do the same thing if you are looking to cheaply replace your kitchen counter.

If you want to save time and money, IKEA also sells butcher block countertops. Another GAF member made a similar desk to the one you posted in this fashion (They chose better support legs). They posted the results in either last year's or the year before that's Gaming setup OT.

What to do when a computer turns on but doesn't actually start and the fan goes in overpower more?

You mean your computer doesn't POST. Remove all your RAM sticks but one and see if that does it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DreadOut Act 2 time release info from the official Facebook page, and also seems DreadOut as a whole will be on sale for 33% off starting tomorrow.

DreadOut Act 2 update will be available on Steam February 14th 2015 6 AM PST. For another region please refer to http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pst-to-gmt-converter

How to update?
1. Open Steam Client
2. Go to "LIBRARY"
3. Right click on "DreadOut" > "Properties"
4. Go to "LOCAL FILES" tab, choose "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
Steam client will be automatically downloading DreadOut update.

Pssst, please hold a few more hours for DreadOut new player.
DreadOut will be on sale 33% off for the next 2 weeks starting from February 14th 2015 10 AM PST.

Parsnip

I said this in the thread about the "interview", but Walker came across like a bully. I don't think I can get behind that. He could have gotten the answers he wanted without resorting to public shaming. And people are eating it up, ugh.

If anything, my respect for Molyneux rose a point or two for not simply hanging up the phone after the first question.

Grief.exe

If you want to save time and money, IKEA also sells butcher block countertops. Another GAF member made a similar desk to the one you posted in this fashion (They chose better support legs). They posted the results in either last year's or the year before that's Gaming setup OT.

sexy desk.

They lost me at 'planer' though. Don't have one of those....

Might be better going with the Ikea route as I don't have all the wood working tools or experience necessary. I could rent or borrow all the tools and developing the experience is always the fun part for me, but I already have a few ongoing projects already.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
? I'm on my phone atm.

I think he meant POST as in Power On Self Test

It's the beeping noise your computer makes when it first turns on, indicating that everything is alright with the motherboard.

I said this in the thread about the "interview", but Walker came across like a bully. I don't think I can get behind that. He could have gotten the answers he wanted without resorting to public shaming. And people are eating it up, ugh.

If anything, my respect for Molyneux rose a point or two for not simply hanging up the phone after the first question.

This is different, though. Molyneux is a man who (regardless of his stance on publicity) has knowingly overpromised and underdelivered for close to a decade, and now it's come out that he's more-or-less pissed away half a million dollars, left the winner of his last game 9which the press gleefully ate up) out in the cold and has been bombarded with press enquiries.

RPS had nothing to lose. He had to be held accountable, and frankly, common sense and softball questions weren't going to work with him. Am I impressed that he answered those questions in spite of it? Yes, but then you look at the answers and see him backpedaling and spinning in the face of facts. I'm probably more surprised that he doesn't have a PR handler (did he ever?) to refuse the interview in the first place.

He doesn't deserve any respect or lesser treatment.

Marow

Almost. Note that there was a long delay before E2 came out and in hindsight it's obvious they had to rewrite the story, there's a slight disconnect and some things that seemed important got dropped. Still one of Telltale's best seasons.
Having just finished E2, I definitely feel there being a disconnect. It was mainly in the beginning of the episode, though. I wonder how it was supposed to go.

Nuuvem finally added Revelations 2. It's around €14 for the complete season and around €19 for the full bundle. I think I'll buy the full bundle, but before I do that... the game is 100% region free right?

EDIT: shit, it doesn't let me buy it. Says it's not available in my region :(

ExoSoul

Banned
I think he meant POST as in Power On Self Test

It's the beeping noise your computer makes when it first turns on, indicating that everything is alright with the motherboard.

Oh in that case I think not. I say I think because I'm not quite sure it ever beeped in its life, just gear-y sound 1 and gear-y sound 2 except now it never makes it to the second.

Edit: Please bear with me, I'm not tech savvy and I'm fairly drugged up, not the best if combos xD

Phawx

Did you move the rig recently? Is it Dell, HP, Big Box? Is so, they usually have lights on the front of the case that will help you diagnose which part of the POST process has failed.

If you built it yourself, do you hear any beeping over the fan noise?

Dr Dogg

I think if you plan to do any wood work project but you're a little bit lacking in carpentry experience something like a desk is diving in at the deep end. Even more so if you plan on using a wooden frame and legs. A metal frame out of something like box steel is a more viable option but then that's wielding and a whole other kettle of fish.

Anywho urge to buy a New 3DS rising!!!

Grief.exe

This 100% beech butcher block looks nice. 74 inches long for $130 and you sand/treat it yourself with oil.

There is also an oak model for $10 more.

EDIT: Ikea specifies a max load of 110 pounds for their table leg trestle systems, but do not include a weight on any of their counter tops.

I think if you plan to do any wood work project but you're a little bit lacking in carpentry experience something like a desk is diving in at the deep end. Even more so if you plan on using a wooden frame and legs. A metal frame out of something like box steel is a more viable option but then that's wielding and a whole other kettle of fish.

IKEA takes a lot of the guess work out of the equation as they provide all the parts you need, from the top to the legs. The only alteration I might do is cut it down a foot.

Anywho urge to buy a New 3DS rising!!!

Mine is shipped and on the way! Wish I had purchased 1 day shipping, but I'm still working my way through Prime 2.

Miguel81

Nuuvem finally added Revelations 2. It's around €14 for the complete season and around €19 for the full bundle. I think I'll buy the full bundle, but before I do that... the game is 100% region free right?

EDIT: shit, it doesn't let me buy it. Says it's not available in my region :(

That's a great price for the Full Bundle. Far Cry 4 Gold also seems to be on sale there, but Uplay-only of course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's not like you, Believe!!!

Don't know if that was a mistake but on 27th June last year both here and in EU 1 it was 88% off. Still I'll still probably bite at the 40% off price, well maybe.

For a moment there I confused 3 with Rogue Spear and got excited.

You can buy the butcher block at IKEA.

Might be better going with the Ikea route as I don't have all the wood working tools or experience necessary. I could rent or borrow all the tools and developing the experience is always the fun part for me, but I already have a few ongoing projects already.

eh. Ikea's shipping charges are pretty nuts and I don't have one close to me. Might be something worth looking into though.

ExoSoul

Banned
Did you move the rig recently? Is it Dell, HP, Big Box? Is so, they usually have lights on the front of the case that will help you diagnose which part of the POST process has failed.

If you built it yourself, do you hear any beeping over the fan noise?

Has been stationary for close to two weeks, Acer and the only light is for the HDD.

I built one from IKEA like that.

CnH4w.jpg

Really old pic. I need to take a new one.

Parsnip

Did I accidentally enter IKEAgaf? What's going on here?

This is different, though. Molyneux is a man who (regardless of his stance on publicity) has knowingly overpromised and underdelivered for close to a decade, and now it's come out that he's more-or-less pissed away half a million dollars, left the winner of his last game 9which the press gleefully ate up) out in the cold and has been bombarded with press enquiries.

RPS had nothing to lose. He had to be held accountable, and frankly, common sense and softball questions weren't going to work with him. Am I impressed that he answered those questions in spite of it? Yes, but then you look at the answers and see him backpedaling and spinning in the face of facts. I'm probably more surprised that he doesn't have a PR handler (did he ever?) to refuse the interview in the first place.

He doesn't deserve any respect or lesser treatment.

I just don't think Walker had to be a confrontational dickbag in order to ask hard hitting questions.

Khronico

Man, japanese and their weird/disturbing stuff.
I was playing Yakuza 4 until
a character was almost raping a kid.
Now I can't play the game with it without feeling dirty inside. Why they need to put this stuff in game :l
I mean, during that scene you see nothing, but the intention was clear, confirmed by the fact
he cried when he realized what he was doing

Disturbing.

Wait what? When was this exactly? I don't remember that scene at all.

Khronico

Right after, in chapter 2, you escape the prison. It's the very first cutscene you see.

Ohh.... Ok. Just checked on YT to refresh my memory.

Yeah, that's...

Oof. Thankfully the game is still really good, just blot that part out of your memory like I apparently did.

Did I accidentally enter IKEAgaf? What's going on here?

I just don't think Walker had to be a confrontational dickbag in order to ask hard hitting questions.

Molyneux's capability to tell the truth has to be the sole focus, because otherwise he could simply deflect the question and avoid the issue entirely.

But it's ok! Because Molyneux has now confirmed what everyone should have known all along: that he's never told a lie. It's just that the truth changes depending on what needs to be told... I'm sure everyone understands that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lords of the Fallen was pretty disappointing overall. If they are gonna copy Dark Souls, they shouldn't leave out key features (summoning) and they need to study a bit harder. Things that were poorly executed or designed:

-The combat
-The enemy placement
-The level design
-The bosses
-The lock-on system

If I wasn't hard up for some Souls gameplay, I don't know if I would have pushed through some of the more irritating segments. It a pretty world, but it's so small. It felt like two archstones (from Demon Souls) worth of actual real estate which totally destroys the sense of scale and supposedly epic nature of the story.

Fortunately for me, a friend took this one for the Family Sharing team. I'll have to make it up to him somehow in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom