• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

hey ... blame Capcpom ;)

Edit: oh for fuck's sake .... 2 minutes ... seriously? O_O this thread is dead ; _ ;

Seriously, no new posts in 2 whole minutes.

onozomg.gif

derExperte

Dunno, Killzone 2 is still one of the best FPSs ever made.

Hmmm, maybe if you only count console shooters. On PS3. Some liked the 'weight' of the weapons, I thought it played even slower than usual. Good atmosphere though.

It's 2015 and I'm still waiting for a game that is as half as good as KZ2 when it comes to hit feedback/reactions. I thought that with next-gen such a thing would start being common, but no dice. It's a shame.

While I'm not as excited about the visuals as the rest of GAF the hit reactions in The Order are looking rather nice.

Since you already have it installed, I'd recommend playing a couple hours to feel it out for yourself. You'll have a good sense of the entire experience by the third boss or so.

It's been patched a lot and I had zero crashes and zero glitches for the ~12 hours my playthrough took.
got to the second boss, and this is one of the most unfun experiences i've had with a boss. Uninstalled.

MUnited83

For you.
i know it's not the same exact type of shooter but Bulletstorm, man, Bulletstorm.

Oh, I loved Bulletstorm, but it hasn't much on hit feedback. Many enemies won't react to shots at all until the last shot, the one that kills it.And I can't remember exactly, but the death animations were fairly scripted(for the kills made directly with guns that is) while KZ2's very much dynamic. Bulletstorm is extremely good at how many ways you can interact and kill the enemies though. Also one of the most fun FPSs I ever played.

If anyone has any questions about Harold, I work for the company that made it (though I didn't personally work on the game). I haven't played Lester the Unlikely, Harold is a game where you alter the environment so he can finish the race, finding the best paths/ways around obstacles to win it as quickly as possible. He just constantly runs forward, so you do things like move a platform he is running across, setup a catapult to fling him when he walks into it, etc. You also adjust the obstacles to counter the opponents (an opponent jumps onto a platform, move it out from under them before they land). It's kinda like certain sections of Rayman Legends, but way more in depth and challenging.

This is the best gameplay video I've seen quickly showing off what the game's about (plus the guy playing it is hilarious).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Rage has pretty good hit reactions.

Probably one of my favorite things about the game. Some enemies were bullet sponges and encounters weren't always particularly exciting, but damn did they ever nail making you see the body malfunctioning when you killed someone. It kinda took me back a bit at first, since I'm so used to the ragdoll death thing these days. Actually watching the life evaporate from an enemy as it took a few final steps out of sheer mechanical force before tumbling to the floor... jesus.

Max Payne 3 also had some pretty great hit reactions, though that's a third person and not first person title.

Nabs

got to the second boss, and this is one of the most unfun experiences i've had with a boss. Uninstalled.

None of the bosses I've faced so far have been any fun to fight. They each take 10+ minutes of boring shit. I don't even want to call it combat.

I'm currently on this Spider Boss and I'm really close to calling it quits. I've gotten to the point where I'm just going at it with no shield and a 2-handed sword. I give no fucks.

Shadownet

Banned
The weekly. I'm not out of touch enough to have never played any Star Wars games.
From what the folk around here are saying. Long Live The Queen seem to be the best one to play first.

i have, i think

but i'm no smart for money. i like literally bought two bundles today, went to the movies and had sushi for dinner lol

i'm the worst

Movies and sushi. You sure know how to live the dream life zky. :3 now I want some sushi..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably one of my favorite things about the game. Some enemies were bullet sponges and encounters weren't always particularly exciting, but damn did they ever nail making you see the body malfunctioning when you killed someone. It kinda took me back a bit at first, since I'm so used to the ragdoll death thing these days. Actually watching the life evaporate from an enemy as it took a few final steps out of sheer mechanical force before tumbling to the floor... jesus.

Throwing wingsticks at sewer mutants and then blasting them away with the shotgun as they stumbled forward never got old.

derExperte

If anyone has any questions about Harold, I work for the company that made it (though I didn't personally work on the game). I haven't played Lester the Unlikely, Harold is a game where you alter the environment so he can finish the race, finding the best paths/ways around obstacles to win it as quickly as possible. He just constantly runs forward, so you do things like move a platform he is running across, setup a catapult to fling him when he walks into it, etc. You also adjust the obstacles to counter the opponents (an opponent jumps onto a platform, move it out from under them before they land). It's kinda like certain sections of Rayman Legends, but way more in depth and challenging.

This is the best gameplay video I've seen quickly showing off what the game's about (plus the guy playing it is hilarious).

Thx, I'll give it a look. My main concern with games where you don't directly control the main character is that they can get horribly frustrating fast. Like that forgotten LucasArts game Lucidity. On the other hand Back to Bed pulled it off nicely.

Pachimari

I never completed Killzone 2 (I did complete the review copy of Killzone 3 and remember I loved it), but I did recently buy a used copy of it. Maybe I should give it a go.

I also hope The Talos Principle goes on sale someday.

I never completed Killzone 2 (I did complete the review copy of Killzone 3 and remember I loved it), but I did recently buy a used copy of it. Maybe I should give it a go.

i recommend playing it at the easiest difficulty because the last fight in the game is something savage even in normal. Shit, it's pretty much the only thing i remember, that and running around killing dudes with a knife since i was still into trophies/achievements back in those days.

derExperte

I will never admit this outside of SteamGAF but.... hold on to your butts.... I prefer K3 to K2. Even platinum'ed 3 (okay, not that hard compared to K2). Definitely better than Shadow Fall. Difficult to say where to put Mercenary, it's great for a portable fps but very short and the controls, no matter how relatively good, are fiddly.

The multiplayer was where it shined. It's also where the subsequent games went wrong. Why reduce the scope of the multiplayer!?

I'd buy a standalone MP PC version right now, if I could. For non-twitch, non-arcade MP FPS, it's way up there on the list.

Edit: I'm also in the boat on waiting for a Talos Principle sale... it looks like a game made for me.

derExperte

Miguel81

I want moar! I discovered this with Yakuza 4 this month, but except for the
almostrape segment
I really disliked, the game is fantastic. I mean, I don't mind if the majority of it is composed by cutscenes, since the story is very good, well narrated and it feels real.

The only reason not to release Yakuza games on Steam is if Sega hates money. Same for KT and the available trilogy of Ninja Gaiden games that are the epitome of character action.

I will never admit this outside of SteamGAF but.... hold on to your butts.... I prefer K3 to K2. Even platinum'ed 3 (okay, not that hard compared to K2). Definitely better than Shadow Fall. Difficult to say where to put Mercenary, it's great for a portable fps but very short and the controls, no matter how relatively good, are fiddly.

*Print Screen* to use against derExperte if ever needed.

Well, it's only a activation lock, and actually seems to include the whole Americas, Asian and African countries. So it's only really locked for Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Even then you just need a VPN to activate. Done.

So wait, not only I will need to use a VPN to buy it, but I will need it for activate the key too? Nah, I guess I'll buy it on GMG then.

louiedog

Here's the list of games in the Valentine's Co-op Sale

• Borderlands
  • Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Broforce
  • Castle Crashers
  • Chariot
  • Don't Starve Together
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Dungeon Defenders II
  • Gang Beasts
  • Garry's Mod
  • Gauntlet
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Lethal League
  • Magicka
  • Orcs Must Die! 2
  • Portal 2
  • Project Zomboid
  • Saints Row 2
  • Saints Row IV
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Sanctum
  • Sanctum 2
  • SErious Sam 2
  • Serious Sam 3
  • Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
  • Starwhal
  • Terraria
  • The Jackbox Party Pack
  • TowerFall Ascension
  • Viscera Cleanup Detail

ExoSoul

Banned
No when I said solid, I meant was the HDD light solid. As in solid green.

Also, is this what is happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxSz7Gb7Fi4

Oh in that case (and as I said) yes, no blinking whatsoever.

Yep, that's the problem
lol that guy is also portuguese
only that unplugging it from the internet doesn't do anything and it won't boot up properly no matter what.

Edit: it's not that the motherboard is dead, just not working as intended. This has happened before once or twice (just didn't take this long to fix) and occurs when/if it goes into sleep mode (solution would be to leave wmp running and playing). It shuts down just fine (if you don't leave it for long) just the sleep mode that for some reason gets it in this mode.

Edit 2: Is it possible to fix this by switching the CMOS battery?

Speaking of Ninja Gaiden, and cause I know SteamGAF loves Bayo, check out this sig someone made me a long time ago to use in a different forum:

mcdougalsig.jpg

If you could fit Raiden from MGR in there, I think it would create some kind of paradox.

Momentary

Banned
Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass
King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

I'm about to pull the trigger on these. Some one please help me!!!!

Terra_Ex

Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass
King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

I'm about to pull the trigger on these. Some one please help me!!!!
You can't fight the call of the inevitable backlog. Pull the trigger and compound your problems like the rest of us are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom