• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I have with the questioning of PM is that it was basically pointless. Pathological liars (at least a lot of the time in my experience) don't believe they're lying. They actually believe the bullshit that comes out of their mouths. It's fascinating to watch and when the truth is pointed out to them, even in the friendliest of terms, they tend to not take it lightly. It's fascinating and depressing at the same time.

Lomax

Molyneux's capability to tell the truth has to be the sole focus, because otherwise he could simply deflect the question and avoid the issue entirely.

But it's ok! Because Molyneux has now confirmed what everyone should have known all along: that he's never told a lie. It's just that the truth changes depending on what needs to be told... I'm sure everyone understands that.

Honestly if someone had called him out like this five years ago, maybe the whole Godus fiasco wouldn't have happened at all. And apparently he told multiple people in the past few days "this is my last interview," so he clearly has some real issues will his perception of the truth. Someone needs to do a combination Molyneux as Obi-wan image saying "it was the truth, from a certain point of view."

Grief.exe

The Karlby (Walnut) comes pre stained and waxed.

It's also a thin sheet of walnut over practical board.

eh. Ikea's shipping charges are pretty nuts and I don't have one close to me. Might be something worth looking into though.

The advantage of having one just up the road!

I built one from IKEA like that.

CnH4w.jpg

Really old pic. I need to take a new one.

Is That 74" long or did you cut it down?

Lords of the Fallen was pretty disappointing overall. If they are gonna copy Dark Souls, they shouldn't leave out key features (summoning) and they need to study a bit harder. Things that were poorly executed or designed:

-The combat
-The enemy placement
-The level design
-The bosses
-The lock-on system

If I wasn't hard up for some Souls gameplay, I don't know if I would have pushed through some of the more irritating segments. It a pretty world, but it's so small. It felt like two archstones (from Demon Souls) worth of actual real estate which totally destroys the sense of scale and supposedly epic nature of the story.

Fortunately for me, a friend took this one for the Family Sharing team. I'll have to make it up to him somehow in the coming months.
Hmm. i got the game from family sharring with my brother. Should i just uninstall it or just pull it through? i love the Souls game too :)

Honestly if someone had called him out like this five years ago, maybe the whole Godus fiasco wouldn't have happened at all. And apparently he told multiple people in the past few days "this is my last interview," so he clearly has some real issues will his perception of the truth. Someone needs to do a combination Molyneux as Obi-wan image saying "it was the truth, from a certain point of view."

I imagine telling several journalists this contradictory truth is somehow leading up to his next amazing game. It is called the Trial, isn't it?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Imagine being able to redefine the truth as you are saying it.

Molyneux has this superpower.

Parsnip

Grabbed Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition from nuuvem.
Gotta support my fellow countrymen.

Lords of the Fallen was pretty disappointing overall. If they are gonna copy Dark Souls, they shouldn't leave out key features (summoning) and they need to study a bit harder. Things that were poorly executed or designed:

-The combat
-The enemy placement
-The level design
-The bosses
-The lock-on system

If I wasn't hard up for some Souls gameplay, I don't know if I would have pushed through some of the more irritating segments. It a pretty world, but it's so small. It felt like two archstones (from Demon Souls) worth of actual real estate which totally destroys the sense of scale and supposedly epic nature of the story.

Fortunately for me, a friend took this one for the Family Sharing team. I'll have to make it up to him somehow in the coming months.
Thanks for the impressions.
I've been watching it have various deals and haven't bitten yet, -80% during Summer Sales might just be the right price for it.

Alavard

-The combat
-The enemy placement
-The level design
-The bosses
-The lock-on system

Totally agree with you on this. I'm only a few hours into the game, but already I can tell that the stuff they flat-out copied from the Souls games are the best parts. Every area that they decided to go their own route, like with their strange magic system is simply not as good.

It's too bad as I was genuinely enjoying the first hour of the game, but it's been downhill from there.

The worst offender to me is the lack of variation among the enemies. In an early portion of the game, you can go off in a direction you're not supposed to and head down an area built for higher level characters, which is fine. However, when you get down there, it's filled with enemies that look identical to those you've been killing in 3 hits, but now have 10x the hp and damage.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I know Im late to the party but whatever.
20ca70eb2e.png
Speaking of,

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Analogue: A Hate Story -- MB-2026686D509A64CA - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! -- MB-7F7406945F6A2849 - Taken by Bayonetta. 3 entrants total.

t1423849419z1.png

Alavard

So what is your advice? I have the game on my wishlist, I was never convinced about it. I liked Demon's and Dark's 1 a LOT, I didn't like so much DS2, playing it only once (and I still need to buy the season pass too).
You suggest to totally skip this?

I suggest you watch a Let's Play of the first few sections of the game and maybe something from the middle to see if you like how it seems to feel. I'm hesitant to say which souls game it's closer to, but watching some videos should give you a better sense.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of _hekk05, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Long Live The Queen -- MB-1A31E8E997C9C047 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 8 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-2A1155F0349FFC25 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.

t1423852599z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm. i got the game from family sharring with my brother. Should i just uninstall it or just pull it through? i love the Souls game too :)

Since you already have it installed, I'd recommend playing a couple hours to feel it out for yourself. You'll have a good sense of the entire experience by the third boss or so.

They patched it? It still crashes a lot?

It's been patched a lot and I had zero crashes and zero glitches for the ~12 hours my playthrough took.

Alavard

They patched it? It still crashes a lot?

I can tell you that I experienced no crashes when I played about a month ago (Intel/nVidia rig if that matters), but I also saw quite a number of people complaining about crashes in the Steam forums at the time.

There was a major stability patch introduced in December, but since I didn't play it before then, I can't compare to see how much that helped.

Miguel81

Molyneux made Fable out to be some sort of ES Oblivion type game. When I purchased/played it and saw how small in scope it was I was pretty disappointed. Not a bad little title, but shocking how it was nothing like what I had expected. Project fuckin' Ego.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Molyneux made Fable out to be some sort of ES Oblivion type game. When I purchased/played it and saw how small in scope it was I was pretty disappointed. Not a bad little title, but shocking how it was nothing like what I had expected. Project fuckin' Ego.

And Microsoft tried making it the Zelda Killer.

Remember when you try to be the (insert title) killer the game usually ends up being not even as good as the worst game from the one series you want to kill.

Grief.exe

I didn't cut it down. I need space.

I measured that length out and it is actually quite a bit longer than my current desk. It's crazy how fast that room gets accounted for.

I have a unique situation as I built my own desk out of metal. I do like the look of the wood desks better than my current metal/glass framing solution. Not to mention I actually built my desk a bit too small for my tastes.

The only hang up is I would have to cut out a ~18"x18" square from the desk for the motherboard tray to sit in. I'm going to have to get into CAD and see how that would work.

Fable is where people started originally questioning PM's promises.

He initially pitched Fable as an open world RPG similar to the notion of the movie 'Boyhood.' Where you watch the world, and yourself, grow up around you in real time. Where the final product was a largely linear offering with time advancing in pre-ordained spirts.

Jawmuncher

good news, everyone ...

Revelaitons 2 is on nuuvem ... also - it's "region locked" ;)
To the Americas which is fine for me.
I don't see anything about the Preorder Bonus but whatever it'll probably be there. I know the actual raid content will be which is more important than a soundtrack and art book

MUnited83

For you.
good news, everyone ...

Revelaitons 2 is on nuuvem ... also - it's "region locked" ;)

Well, it's only a activation lock, and actually seems to include the whole Americas, Asian and African countries. So it's only really locked for Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Even then you just need a VPN to activate. Done.

fixed for proper accuraccy.

It is, except for the stupid final boss fight.
I agree. It was complete bullshit.

Guerrilla totally forgot to put an interesting plot into Killzone games, sadly.
I wish they incorporated more of the actual lore to the games. Killzone's lore is extremely good, very interesting and well-written. A shame they don't actually show it much on the actual games.

Bought Murdered but I can't find a way to force vsync outside the game (that locks it at 30). I tried a "fix" modyfing the .ini file, now it's 60 fps but it has a lot of tearing

Jawmuncher

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well, it's only a activation lock, and actually seems to include the whole Americas, Asian and African countries. So it's only really locked for Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Even then you just need a VPN to activate. Done.

... hence the quotes ;)

MUnited83

For you.
It's 2015 and I'm still waiting for a game that is as half as good as KZ2 when it comes to hit feedback/reactions. I thought that with next-gen such a thing would start being common, but no dice. It's a shame.

2wqzjnqxdjj6.gif

2114128yojqc.gif

behw1ca3jzz.gif

dvoniry8juz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom