• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Keep dreaming then. Everyone knows that anime fans don't have friends.
Well there are some pathetic ones, but there are also people like me.

kTo6cCM.png

That are worse.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Popgaf is a plague, or a mild rash depending.

Stump said it best:

Stumpy said:
pop-gaf is a community thread built around a subculture where men pretend to be vampy, catty, bitchy women in the rupaul drag queen mold, speak in a nonsense made-up language designed for maximum shrillness, and insult each other for their preferences in top 40 music.

the fact that this would lead to hostile interactions, or interact poorly with a forum whose broader rules say not to insult one another, is not a surprise.

also ya fav is a busted bitch~

Speaking of which, I'm playing Star Ocean: The Second Story (a.k.a. "Pickpocketing Simulator 1997") for the PS1. Throughout the game, you steal "portraits" from people that (when used) pop up as full-size anime-style drawings of the female characters. Seems really strange to me.

So, basically Japan's preemptive answer to The Witcher's card collecting? haha

not available in argie apartheid

Just come over later and we'll watch old anime together while eating sushi and gushing over Christine Love's VNs

Chariot

how German of you :p
I actually wanted the japanese ships Kongo or Kagi, but they had no japanese ones. Mainly american and german ones, and then not even Prinz Eugen. :/

Nice stuff. I should get a Revell scale model of the HMS Rodney and we can have a battle.
Hehe, maybe the Bismarck isn't in bad luck this time.

you guys hate everything lol
I don't hate PopGAF. I just don't want to touch it.
That's awesome tbh. I hope you will post progress updates.
If I manage to not set the ship on fire :D

HoosTrax

Ick. Just fought
Garuda
in FF3, and he used his
Lightning spell
literally every single turn. Even being overleveled and having my white mage cast Cura-all every turn, I still failed due to the mistimed heals. Second attempt, he just autoattacked most of the rounds and everyone survived. Seems like a cheap RNG fight (never played the original NES game, so I don't know if this is just a straight up faithful copy of the fight).

So, basically Japan's preemptive answer to The Witcher's card collecting? haha

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but there's certainly a lot of crap to collect (mostly steal) in this game. Portraits, unique items you steal from your party members (male or female), some kind of J-pop fanzines (some of which tell you that you would be embarrassed to show them to anyone else), cards, poisonous flowers, etc.

louiedog

Jackbox PS4 is in a PSN flash sale this weekend for $10 (60% off). Maybe it'll be the same on Steam when the co-op sale is live.

TowerFall is $4.50 (70% off)

Arthea

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but there's certainly a lot of crap to collect (mostly steal) in this game. Portraits, unique items you steal from your party members (male or female), some kind of J-pop fanzines (some of which tell you that you would be embarrassed to show them to anyone else), cards, poisonous flowers, etc.

I know what are you talking about! SO2 is amazing, it has content for 2-3 full length games, I tried to 100% on two different occasions and I'm still somewhat in shock how much things are to do is in this game. Also OMG at that crafting system, I will never forget.

Dr Dogg

After watching a couple LPs of Darkest Dungeon, I had to pull the trigger. My first early access game. It seems fun

Definitely been worth every penny so far. Knocked out the first 2 bosses and slowly building up the B Team whilst destressing the A Team. I got stomped the first couple of dungeons i played but once you get a handle on the mechanics and get lucky with the randomessness and get over the early hump I've found it quite addicting. Plus I'm quite attached to my heroes now that I'd be pissed if one of them died.

Non anime-fans are PopGAF.

I don't like anime or what ever load of rubbish passes off for pop music these days (less the whole cultural shenanigans surrounding either) so put that in your metaphorical pipe and smoke it! Then again I spend 40 weekends of the year with hopeless dreams that my useless footy team will actually amount to something this season only to have my dreams crushed every year come what May. So not the best hobby to have.

Arthea

Chariot

Now that was uncalled for.
Sorry.

I don't like anime or what ever load of rubbish passes off for pop music these days (less the whole cultural shenanigans surrounding either) so put that in your metaphorical pipe and smoke it! Then again I spend 40 weekends of the year with hopeless dreams that my useless footy team will actually amount to something this season only to have my dreams crushed every year come what May. So not the best hobby to have.
Stop try to apply reason when I insult you. Badmouth my mother or question my sexuality or something!

Hey Einstein I'm on both sides.
I am shocked.
Oh wow, new Hanako Games (Long Live the Queen, Magical Date) game on Steam

Why doesn't Arthea have it yet?
Looking good *wishlisted*

How is Besiege for a person who isn't very creative or imaginative? I got 7 dollars from cards, and that one looks mighty fine from the gifs posted here.

Definitely been worth every penny so far. Knocked out the first 2 bosses and slowly building up the B Team whilst destressing the A Team. I got stomped the first couple of dungeons i played but once you get a handle on the mechanics and get lucky with the randomessness and get over the early hump I've found it quite addicting. Plus I'm quite attached to my heroes now that I'd be pissed if one of them died.

How can you say that? My own footy team had the disgrace of being relegated, but even after that I'd never say it's a bad hobby. Of course that I don't know how are things over there, but here that's actually the best hobby ever.

Chariot

How is Besiege for a person who isn't very creative or imaginative? I got 7 dollars from cards, and that one looks mighty fine from the gifs posted here.
Personally I feel intimidated by the great works of others and feel inferior when I am running Besiege.
FigureGAF is pretty high up there too I think. I'm sure there's plenty of overlap.
Right, forgot about them. There was a split very recently because of the anime, yes?

Right, forgot about them. There was a split very recently because of the anime, yes?

Oh was there? Interesting. I haven't visited in a long time because it was primarily anime figures and I mostly collect Iron Man and video game figures. Also because occasionally the pics posted were borderline NSFW. Maybe it's time to go back.

I know what are you talking about! SO2 is amazing, it has content for 2-3 full length games, I tried to 100% on two different occasions and I'm still somewhat in shock how much things are to do is in this game. Also OMG at that crafting system, I will never forget.

Yeah. I admit that I did a double-take when I pulled up a guide for the game. There's an absurd amount of stuff to find and collect. I wouldn't have bothered starting it without a guide.

don't have a waifu this valentines? i gotchu covered.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shan Gui -- MB-F50AD865C5A2FC3A - Taken by darkchewie. 22 entrants total.

t1423876780z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Answer me this:

What is that one game that breaks your heart to know that people only "play" it for cards?

For me personally I think it's a toss up between

Prime World: Defenders, FATE, and Lili: Child of Geos. All of these I enjoyed immensely, were included in cheap bundles at some point, and have trading cards.

There isn't "one". I always hurt when people idle games I liked for cards instead of enjoying them.

This is also true. Of course I know as well as anyone that not everyone has time to play and evaluate every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom