• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's not region locked, you don't need VPN, if you can't add it to the cart or buy it, it's locked one way or another, not necessary on steam can be on Nuuvem, then you may need VPN, I just don't bother in such cases.
Not sure about lego games.

Awesome. I don't believe it is locked.

I don't think I'd ever seen a triple digit steam level until today when I hit the jackpot.
11WUOAL.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shan Gui -- MB-F50AD865C5A2FC3A - Taken by darkchewie. 22 entrants total.

t1423876780z1.png

Zafir

I wonder how often those people get booster pack drops? I'm only lvl 24 and I get like once/twice per week.

Is it even worth leveling your badge that high?

Wuht? I'm level 31 and I'm lucky enough getting one per month. I can't remember the last one I got, maybe sometime late last year?

Mind you I still need to idle a lot of my games, so I guess the pool of games is smaller.

I like that a lot of the scammers now use that same picture of Lord Gaben, which makes it even easier to figure out what they're up to and block them (not that it was hard to begin with).

I wonder how often those people get booster pack drops? I'm only lvl 24 and I get like once/twice per week.

Is it even worth leveling your badge that high?

I'm level 61 and I get a booster maaaaaaybe every month or two, if that.

Arthea

Gives you points towards the next Steam level, thus increasing your chances of a booster pack? E-peen? Take your pick.

about those chances... yuraya here is lvl 24 and gets once or twice a week, I'm lvl 113 and I never got 2 booster packs a week, one in a week or a tad longer, as long ago Xelios posted I think, it was true. (><)
then again when i was lvl 30, I used to get one in a month or something.

I like that a lot of the scammers now use that same picture of Lord Gaben, which makes it even easier to figure out what they're up to and block them (not that it was hard to begin with).

You get wrong scammers, lately I got a lot with anime girls for names and avies (from games), they are getting creative. I kinda hope that changes in how new accounts work will stop them multiplaying somewhat, old ones will go nowhere but we can block them, thankfully.

yuraya

Wuht? I'm level 31 and I'm lucky enough getting one per month. I can't remember the last one I got, maybe sometime late last year?

Mind you I still need to idle a lot of my games, so I guess the pool of games is smaller.

I got 2 this past week. Bad rats and borealis. Usually its once per week. During sales it was like every 3-4 days.

That can't be right. Maybe you have low eligibility? or maybe just very bad luck with the draw.

Arthea

judging by "solid PC download sales of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for Steam." MGS HD collection is only matter of time, as someone in this thread already guessed.

You get wrong scammers, lately I got a lot with anime girls for names and avies (from games), they are getting creative. I kinda hope that changes in how new accounts work will stop them multiplaying somewhat, old ones will go nowhere but we can block them, thankfully.

Yeah, typically they're either Lord Gaben, anime girl, or blank. Occasionally they have some random picture that's not one of those.

That can't be right. Maybe you have low eligibility? or maybe just very bad luck with the draw.

I think it's just (bad) luck of the draw. Who knows.

Metal Gear Legacy Collection (I gotta be able to play MGS4 somehow :c )
Silent Hill 2 & 3 PC ports, no HD bullshit
Zone of the Enders HD collection

Think about all of my money you would have, Konami. Because money.
Oh goodness, if they manage to get Silent Hill 2 and 3's PC ports working on Modern OS' and put it up on Steam, I-I don't know what I'd do, probably gift them to everyone to show them the light/fog.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Oh goodness, if they manage to get Silent Hill 2 and 3's PC ports working on Modern OS' and put it up on Steam, I-I don't know what I'd do, probably gift them to everyone to show them the light/fog.

SH3 just requires an FOV hack and .ini change for widescreen support, works fine otherwise. SH2 would require some work. At the least, adding in the fan patch which fixes the multicore audio backend issues.

It would be pretty much free money for them, all they have to do is make a store page. HIRE ME, KONAMI

Maniac

Banned
If it were me I'd have moved on ages ago but she quite enjoys it.

Get hold of Populous for her.

She'll wanna thank me.

Or you. or something. :p
Also, very cheap on Nuuvem. I couldn't resist.

I can due to brokeness. I'll definitely be picking it up though.
Fork Parker is an amazing human being, and his compiled works should be a required reading for all of people.

Well... Fork isn't an actual human being, but other than that, I concur.

Momentary

Banned
$75.00 for all of this:

Dragonball Xenoverse + Season Pass
King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Is region gifting still legit?

but it makes sense, they'll go where money are, unless they hate money like Sega and Atlus and some others.

There are far too many Japanese companies that "hate money" to assume that Konami will expand further into the PC market. I totally agree that it would make sense, but sometimes it's like sense doesn't factor in with these companies.

derExperte

$75.00 for all of this:

King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

From Russia? Dead and gone since late last year (exceptions are games with a 4 pack).

$75.00 for all of this:

King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

Pretty sure we all gave you some advice earlier, like when I told you to wait till MKX was out since every netherrealm PC game so far has been a laggy shitshow.

And also region gifting has been dead for a while now.

Momentary

Banned
There are far too many Japanese companies that "hate money" to assume that Konami will expand further into the PC market. I totally agree that it would make sense, but sometimes it's like sense doesn't factor in with these companies.

Cave hates money. NIS hates money. Japanese side of Atlus hates money. Arc System Works hates money.

These guys actually do some backwards shit. Like release unwanted or old titles to "test" the waters. What is this foolishness?

$75.00 for all of this:

King of Fighters 2002
Mortal Kombat X Premium
Agarest War 2

Agarest war 2 cards might be reasonable value...

But the price for games like mortal kombat x will drop like a stone after release.

Poor deal for what will be poor games.

Cave hates money. NIS hates money. Japanese side of Atlus hates money. Arc System Works hates money.

These guys actually do some backwards shit. Like release unwanted or old titles to "test" the waters. What is this foolishness?

Actually they like money. Releasing on PC will make money, but it is also a risk to their established businesses. Given they are not big companies, it makes perfect sense to minimise that risk and take things slow.

Momentary

Banned
Actually they like money. Releasing on PC will make money, but it is also a risk to their established businesses. Given they are not big companies, it makes perfect sense to minimise that risk and take things slow.

I don't see how not releasing more recent or 'asked for' titles is riskier than releasing older or unwanted titles.

I don't see how not releasing more recent or 'asked for' titles is riskier than releasing older or unwanted titles.

Because you risk moving your user base to a different platform where you don't have established price points, marketing deals and distribution channels.

What you can end up with is killing your console business.

Would it ultimately pay off? I'm sure they are doing the research to determine that and taking a risk adverse view. For now, satisfying a group of people who just want to +1 their steam account at the smallest possible price might look good in terms of raw sales numbers, but there is a much bigger picture to consider.

"Dumb Japanese developers" doesn't sit well with me. Companies need to actually plan long term.

Momentary

Banned
Because you risk moving your user base to a different platform where you don't have established price points, marketing deals and distribution channels.

What you can end up with is killing your console business.

Would it ultimately pay off? I'm sure they are doing the research to determine that and taking a risk adverse view. For now, satisfying a group of people who just want to +1 their steam account at the smallest possible price might look good in terms of raw sales numbers, but there is a much bigger picture to consider.

"Dumb Japanese developers" doesn't sit well with me. Companies need to actually plan long term.

Well it sure isn't with consoles and their declining sales in the Japanese Market. The console business over there is headed to the grave this generation. They need to stop worrying about stupid physical platforms and focus on digital platforms Most Japanese companies are already doing this, but they are doing it for the mobile market which is fine. Hopefully Windows 10 creates a unified environment for developers to take advantage of and release scaleable variations of their titles on multiple media devices at one time. That would be the ideal outcome for me.

Hopefully 10 years from now there is a digital distro war instead of console wars. Who will have the best digital storefront exclusives? Valve, Sony, EA, MS, or Ubisoft (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom