• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, looking at some post here and there Year Beast Brawl is defo considered pay2win. Good job Valve. First you do paywalled events, cooldown timer shit, now this. Nothing, but cynical monetization after cynical monetization, and this is counting silly things like music kits in CS (lol). Basically as an RPS article said, it's a mercenary attitude towards the playerbase. Very disheartening that this is what their efforts amount to nowadays. Actual exciting gameplay ideas, community requested features, critical bug fixing, improving the servers? Nnnnnope.

Alright. Dark Souls is almost done.
Just took a more couple tries with Manus and once I figured his moves it became much easier. Getting the timing on the Silver Pendant took me some time though, hah.
Supposedly he is the toughest of the DLC bunch, so I waded willy-nilly into Kalameet's valley.

Wrong.

After the required first death experience, Gough doing his stuff, I went back at least half a dozen times. But that badass just isn't getting easier :/
I figured when to dodge his head-sweeps and his flame attacks did become much easier with my black knight shield. But damaging him is so, so hard! At most I managed 15%!!!
No clue what to do. And to think his tail drops a good weapon. Oh vey. How am I gonna get that I have no clue.
He takes so few damage whether be pyro or my maxed out holy claymore.

Hm. Had enough though. Gonna take a break. Still need to savor the sweet victory taste of Manus :)

Maniac

Banned
Why Sega doesn't bring Yakuza titles on PC?

They dislike money and enjoy downsizing their company and laying off dozens of people at a time.
It's from Cities in Motion devs, those games have metacritic of 70 and 72. The first game has very positive steam user reviews and the second one has mixed. So, I guess we'll see. It looks pretty great from various dev videos and stuff.

Huge ass maps, you can generate custom maps with the use of heightmaps (for example, the ones you can export from SimCity... 4, I think it is?)

And... Other things. It looks neat! Also the water simulation. So good.

I NEED IT

Deitus

There isn't "one". I always hurt when people idle games I liked for cards instead of enjoying them.

It's still cool to idle games for card drops now, but then play the game later right? Because sometimes I want to get those anime cards while they are still selling for a lot, but I still plan on playing the game later.

Just took a more couple tries with Manus and once I figured his moves it became much easier. Getting the timing on the Silver Pendant took me some time though, hah.
Supposedly he is the toughest of the DLC bunch, so I waded willy-nilly into Kalameet's valley.

Wrong.

After the required first death experience, Gough doing his stuff, I went back at least half a dozen times. But that badass just isn't getting easier :/
I figured when to dodge his head-sweeps and his flame attacks did become much easier with my black knight shield. But damaging him is so, so hard! At most I managed 15%!!!
No clue what to do. And to think his tail drops a good weapon. Oh vey. How am I gonna get that I have no clue.

Hm. Had enough though. Gonna take a break. Still need to savor the sweet victory taste of Manus :)

Kalameet is tough, but he definitely gets easier with practice. The tail cut on the other hand is ridiculously hard. You have an incredibly limited window where you can hit his tail, and only after he uses one of two moves (and one of the moves requires him to land in a very specific way after attacking you, so it's not even guaranteed).

It took me at least a dozen tries to get the tail cut on my first playthrough, but I beat him on the first try on my NG+ playthrough, with the tail cut.

Edit: Don't use Pyromancy (except maybe Power Within) on Kalameet, he is highly resistant to Fire. What kind of build are you running? I'm guessing Faith heavy if you are using a Holy (Divine?) Claymore.

MUnited83

For you.

Wrong.

For Kalameet try to use have <25% equipment load. Rolling and running is your best friend on that fight. Especially if you want the tail weapon.

Maniac

Banned
So, looking at some post here and there Year Beast Brawl is defo considered pay2win. Good job Valve. First you do paywalled events, cooldown timer shit, now this. Nothing, but cynical monetization after cynical monetization, and this is counting silly things like music kits in CS (lol). Basically as an RPS article said, it's a mercenary attitude towards the playerbase. Very disheartening that this is what their efforts amount to nowadays. Actual exciting gameplay ideas, community requested features, critical bug fixing, improving the servers? Nnnnnope.

We're getting critical bug fixes and community requested features though.

Wouldn't know about Year Beast though... Haven't bothered playing it yet. I should though.

Glad to see they've managed to make you a cynic too though! :p

Personally I feel intimidated by the great works of others and feel inferior when I am running Besiege.Right, forgot about them. There was a split very recently because of the anime, yes?

Is it the kind of intimidation that prevents one from playing the game or is it the good kind, the one which makes you play more?

Chariot

It's still cool to idle games for card drops now, but then play the game later right? Because sometimes I want to get those anime cards while they are still selling for a lot, but I still plan on playing the game later.
Well, I am not in the position to judge. I idle a lot too.

Is it the kind of intimidation that prevents one from playing the game or is it the good kind, the one which makes you play more?
In my case it keeps me from playing, because the most creative thing I created was the dancing cube thingie of doom.

Yeah, same here.
Btw sup guys <3
Honey <3

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (user237, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Heileen 2: The Hands Of Fate -- MB-64AB1E139CB2618B - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.

t1423870180z1.png

visual novel type game, with some trading cards

Lomax

I still generally try not to idle games for cards that I intend to play, and as such still have many card drops unclaimed. What's more annoying to me is when I play and beat a game and still don't have all the card drops for it and end up having to idle it after that.

Kalameet is tough, but he definitely gets easier with practice. The tail cut on the other hand is ridiculously hard. You have an incredibly limited window where you can hit his tail, and only after he uses one of two moves (and one of the moves requires him to land in a very specific way after attacking you, so it's not even guaranteed).

It took me at least a dozen tries to get the tail cut on my first playthrough, but I beat him on the first try on my NG+ playthrough, with the tail cut.

Edit: Don't use Pyromancy (except maybe Power Within) on Kalameet, he is highly resistant to Fire. What kind of build are you running? I'm guessing Faith heavy if you are using a Holy (Divine?) Claymore.
My character is kinda all over the place but I mainly am a pyro.
Kalameet is pretty quickly changing his attacks, so I should probably get a faster weapon. I do have a maxed out lightning Iaito.
Good to know he is fire resistant. He's the penultimate boss and I was kinda hoping to breeze through with my overleveled SL115 character, haha.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm playing Shadowrun Dragonfall right now. If anyone played it before.

Should I betray the smugglers and help the bangers? or vice versa? or fuck it kill everyone? This is in the Humanis mission

The smugglers leader is kind of a dick.

Deitus

My character is kinda all over the place but I mainly am a pyro.
Kalameet is pretty quickly changing his attacks, so I should probably get a faster weapon. I do have a maxed out lightning Iaito.
Good to know he is fire resistant. He's the penultimate boss and I was kinda hoping to breeze through with my overleveled SL115 character, haha.

Well the main thing with Kalameet is learning when to dodge/block, and when to just straight up run away. His fire breath attacks will pretty much kill you in one, and since they hit multiple times this applies even if you block. But most of them have a limited range, so when you see him doing certain attacks, just run away as fast as you can to get outside their range. The one exception is the fire breath that fires in a line in front of him. That one has doesn't have a range limit, so you need to side roll out of it.

I don't think Claymore is necessarily too slow of a weapon, you just need to not get greedy with it. Maybe only swing once or twice, and don't use strong attacks unless you know for sure you have time to pull it off. I was just surprised you were using a Divine weapon, as you really only see those on Faith heavy builds, and I didn't get the impression you were using miracles. If you don't have a ton of faith, it's not a great way to do damage (although they are useful in the catacombs). Stick to Fire/Chaos/Lightning weapons if you don't have much Dex/Str, Normal weapons if you have high Dex/Str, and only use Magic/Enchanted/Divine/Occult if you actually have a lot of Int/Fth.

But yeah, Kalameet is definitely not a fight that anyone breezes through.

Uzzy

I'm playing Shadowrun Dragonfall right now. If anyone played it before.

Should I betray the smugglers and help the bangers? or vice versa? or fuck it kill everyone? This is in the Humanis mission

The smugglers leader is kind of a dick.

The smugglers are your ride out, so turning on em might lead to some problems later in the mission. That's all I'll say to avoid spoilers.

Arthea

Seems like every foil I get are the worst ones to get. :(

you haven't even come close to worst, my last foil isn't even wort 8 cents!
And last two boosters I got were for radical roaches and these are literally worth nothing and when I unpacked them I got only doubles.
I wish I was joking, I'm not (._.)

you haven't even come close to worst, my last foil isn't even wort 8 cents!
And last two boosters I got were for radical roaches and these are literally worth nothing and when I unpacked them I got only doubles.
I wish I was joking, I'm not (._.)
Oh jeez ._.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Huge ass maps, you can generate custom maps with the use of heightmaps (for example, the ones you can export from SimCity... 4, I think it is?)

And... Other things. It looks neat! Also the water simulation. So good.

I NEED IT

Also, very cheap on Nuuvem. I couldn't resist.

Parsnip

Finished REmaster invisible enemy mode. Wasn't as hard as I expected.

Also, Kalameet isn't all that. The tough part comes if you want the tail weapon and are soloing, thankfully you don't need it for any achievements and it kind of sucks anyway. :p Other than that it's not too hard.

Arthea

At that point you might as well get the others and craft a foil badge.

the real question is... why would anyone want The Culling Of The Cows foil badge? Those foils are so cheap for reason (><)

In case you guys think I'm kidding here is my foil collection:
The most expensive there is worth something like 15 cents. 3 of those foils I got first on market too, oh irony

the moral of this story, when you get foil worth 30 cents, be happy!

Can anyone help me? Sorry for only popping in sporadically these days :p

My girlfriend had Godus on her laptop and it froze on her last night with an error She says "S3E" something, I think it's this one:
Code:
s3e-Simulator_debug has stopped working
And I've wiped the game off the drive and reinstalled, and verifying the integrity results in ~160 or so files failing to validate. Doesn't matter if I delete and reinstall again.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can anyone help me? Sorry for only popping in sporadically these days :p

My girlfriend had Godus on her laptop and it froze on her last night with an error She says "S3E" something, I think it's this one:
Code:
s3e-Simulator_debug has stopped working
And I've wiped the game off the drive and reinstalled, and verifying the integrity results in ~160 or so files failing to validate. Doesn't matter if I delete and reinstall again.

Take it as a hint and move to another game tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom