• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Don't they make a decent percentage on card sales? Seems like a no brainer to make cards for everything. You could have some low level artist put them together in a day.

Maniac

Banned
Don't they make a decent percentage on card sales? Seems like a no brainer to make cards for everything. You could have some low level artist put them together in a day.

10% of every card sale. And ofcourse of every emoticon, background and what have you sale.

louiedog

10% I think. Plus the people who buy the game because it has cards or because the extra little bit they'll get back from selling them pushes them over the edge.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oranki:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oranki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Legend of Grimrock -- MB-9B9E0E3C13ACF4CB - Taken by TheMadMan007. 5 entrants total.

t1423889921z1.png

Guys Kalameet is finally down! I am so happy and reliefed ;_;

Only Gwyn left. I can't beleive it. After over 130 hours I am truly at the end. I have such mixed feelings. I want to finish it but it would be nice to see even more. So weird. Even after dozens of hours the game still has me. Really rare.

Tonight Gwyn shall fall.

MUnited83

For you.
Guys Kalameet is finally down! I am so happy and reliefed ;_;

Only Gwyn left. I can't beleive it. After over 130 hours I am truly at the end. I have such mixed feelings. I want to finish it but it would be nice to see even more. So weird. Even after dozens of hours the game still has me. Really rare.

Tonight Gwyn shall fall.

Did ya get the tail weapon?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I finished up Kairo today. It's a 3 hour game that took me 2 months to get through. I couldn't play more than 15 minutes without feeling like I'd vomit all over the place. I basically had to follow a video guide for the whole game to make progress. Even so, some of the puzzles didn't really make sense to me? As in, you'd have to solve them via trial and error, trying everything in the room because there was no way to progress forward otherwise? I think there were optional story bits, but I skipped those because I was under that 15 minute time limit.

I'm just really relieved to know that I'll never have to play this game ever again. If other first person exploration games are similar, then I'm definitely not interested in the genre.

does this seem ok? it's my first time using modbot..
Looks good to me! If you want to know more, here's the ModBot tutorial. The fourth post has keywords you can use to customize your giveaway.

Grief.exe

Cave hates money. NIS hates money. Japanese side of Atlus hates money. Arc System Works hates money.

These guys actually do some backwards shit. Like release unwanted or old titles to "test" the waters. What is this foolishness?

There are far too many Japanese companies that "hate money" to assume that Konami will expand further into the PC market. I totally agree that it would make sense, but sometimes it's like sense doesn't factor in with these companies.

You guys aren't wrong. Sometimes you can't use rational thought to justify the Japanese publishers for whatever reason. In a related note, the vast majority of can't seem to generate a profit.

Momentary

Banned
Drifting Land keeps looking better and better with each update. The RPG elements coupled with MOBA style skill execution has me salivating for a finished product. It's also very admirable that these guys are doing a free early access for their game instead of trying to get money upfront from people.

louiedog

Is any of the Arkham Origins DLC must play? I was waiting for a package with the season pass, but for under $2 from Nuuvem I should probably just buy the base game, right?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I finished up Kairo today. It's a 3 hour game that took me 2 months to get through. I couldn't play more than 15 minutes without feeling like I'd vomit all over the place. I basically had to follow a video guide for the whole game to make progress. Even so, some of the puzzles didn't really make sense to me? As in, you'd have to solve them via trial and error, trying everything in the room because there was no way to progress forward otherwise? I think there were optional story bits, but I skipped those because I was under that 15 minute time limit.

I'm just really relieved to know that I'll never have to play this game ever again. If other first person exploration games are similar, then I'm definitely not interested in the genre.

That's not normal, I don't recall any head bobbing in Kairo. Was it something to do with the speed of the movement?

That game gave me a headache because the framerate was so bad. My laptop sucks and that game isn't very well optimized, so when I'd play I could only play in short bursts. I eventually just uninstalled it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's not normal, I don't recall any head bobbing in Kairo. Was it something to do with the speed of the movement?
I think it's just because I'm prone to motion sickness (I had it really bad for cars/boats/planes/anything that moved when I was a kid, got it beat out of me though). This is my first time playing a first person game on PC. I played Metroid Prime on Wii for like 20 minutes and didn't feel like this at all. I tried lowering the mouse sensitivity for the camera, but still felt like my stomach was dropping sometimes.

That game gave me a headache because the framerate was so bad. My laptop sucks and that game isn't very well optimized, so when I'd play I could only play in short bursts. I eventually just uninstalled it.
I didn't notice many drops, I think. I think it was mostly the feeling that the room was moving instead of me, maybe?

Momentary

Banned
The new Unreal Engine 4 game based on The Little Mermaid, The Lost Pisces, will start it's Kickstarter on February 20th and also put up a Greenlight page. The game has been in development for about 3 years and is looking pretty damn good if you ask me. Go to the official website to get a preview of stretch goals for the use of Kinect for Windows, Oculus VR, and gifts for your donations.

http://www.thelostpisces.com/

I see this more than meeting it's stretch goals.

sorry for ot but i'm alone and bored on a friday night

any good movie (anime or otherwise) recommendations to watch?

Not a movie, but I recently watched the show Peaky Blinders on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I especially like that it's only 6 episodes per season, so it's relatively low commitment (and only 2 seasons so far).

Milamber

What did I miss for the 2(?) days I was gone SteamGAF? Right after Fish's post about IronGAF, I went out looking for food and ate. Then I bought a lot of Coke and Soju and got a copy of The Interview and wasted myself on that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, brother... What has Blizzard done to Kerrigan now?

That was my first thought also, haha.

Edit: I've decided to bump up my RAM to 12GB. I can't really justify spending more than $100 on something that I'll be replacing in a matter of months (i.e. buying another 8GB kit), however 8GB is cutting it close these days and a modest 4GB bump should be enough to see me through to my upgrade.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is any of the Arkham Origins DLC must play? I was waiting for a package with the season pass, but for under $2 from Nuuvem I should probably just buy the base game, right?

Only Cold, Cold Heart, which is an additional side-story with Mr. Freeze and enjoyable if you've played Arkham City or ever watched Batman TAS and liked the character there.

Initiation is good if you are like me and get a lot out of the challenges and desire more from them. Bruce Wayne, not Batman, plays differently enough from the others that it's an unique experience. It's not a must play however, just a nice to have and has been cheap quite often.

Skins are only if you personally like how one of them looks. Multiplayer stuff is worthless even if you did want to play it.

Did ya get the tail weapon?
Haha, no! I didn't even try. My 20 flasks weren't even enough and I had to assign humanity mid-battle! Got the old pump heated.

I didn't like Kalameet tbh. Manus was much more fun. Artorias was also lots of fun.

Currently killing all NPCs, merchants and smiths :)

DIIIIOOOOOOO and KenOD already said it, but Cold Cold Heart is the only DLC that's even worth purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom