• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get hyped for Dragonball Xenoblade... Xenomorph? Xenosomething.
Spoilers really?
I was joking. Ha ha ha

PL4v3.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh yes.

Such a shame they robbed the Xenoblade people of their next game's title like that. Now they'll have to settle for Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 or something along those lines.
Xenoblade Legends
Xenoblade Fables
Xenoblade Sagas

There are options.

Ah, it's always the worst when I accidentally fall into a game's Steam hub. It should really default to the subforums, with a quick and easy link to the store page somewhere for good measure. But I guess there is no store page for something that's pulled...

At least it showed me that Spaceforce: Homeworld exists and is on Steam. Now I can think of it alongside such classics as Dangerous.

Teggy

The new Unreal Engine 4 game based on The Little Mermaid, The Lost Pisces, will start it's Kickstarter on February 20th and also put up a Greenlight page. The game has been in development for about 3 years and is looking pretty damn good if you ask me. Go to the official website to get a preview of stretch goals for the use of Kinect for Windows, Oculus VR, and gifts for your donations.

http://www.thelostpisces.com/

I see this more than meeting it's stretch goals.

How do they only need 185K? This looks like a next gen game. Maybe it's only 45 mins long.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
TENSHU GENERAL (DESURA) -- MB-09C2830CC09A6DF3 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-D63DB8ADAB4718C3 - Taken by xGreg
SID MEIER'S COVERT ACTION (CLASSIC) -- MB-A51E5F37D31E867B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
ZIGFRAK -- MB-B18D13C7A74D40DD - Taken by Akuosa
PGP3OVL.png
EARTHWORM JIM 1 Plus 2 (GOG) -- MB-8C903917EF25CF42 - Taken by GaussTek
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-A2BB98EED9BC1C2C - Taken by Conrad Link

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

louiedog

I think Cold Cold Heart is the only worthwhile DLC, really.

Only Cold, Cold Heart, which is an additional side-story with Mr. Freeze and enjoyable if you've played Arkham City or ever watched Batman TAS and liked the character there.

Initiation is good if you are like me and get a lot out of the challenges and desire more from them. Bruce Wayne, not Batman, plays differently enough from the others that it's an unique experience. It's not a must play however, just a nice to have and has been cheap quite often.

Skins are only if you personally like how one of them looks. Multiplayer stuff is worthless even if you did want to play it.

DIIIIOOOOOOO and KenOD already said it, but Cold Cold Heart is the only DLC that's even worth purchasing.

Thanks.

I was thinking that was probably the only one I'd play. I got sort of burnt out on AC and tried the campaign DLC a couple of months later, but it didn't do much for me. I went and bought Origins and will decide later on that pack.

Lomax

I didn't see it posted here, but Nuuvem has 8 Lego Games for $7.24:

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2657-bundle-lego

LEGO: The Hobbit; LEGO Marvel Super Heroes; The LEGO Movie - Videogame; LEGO Batman; LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes; LEGO: The Lord of the Rings; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

First time I've bought anything from Nuuvem, had some issues setting up an account but it worked eventually. Didn't have any region issues for me in the US. Freaking amazing deal even though I already have half of them.

Checking out the HuniePop achievements.

Haha not happening.

On top of that, I threw out 10 pairs of panties due to the crapass lack of inventory space.
FML

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

LEGO: The Hobbit; LEGO Marvel Super Heroes; The LEGO Movie - Videogame; LEGO Batman; LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes; LEGO: The Lord of the Rings; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

First time I've bought anything from Nuuvem, had some issues setting up an account but it worked eventually. Didn't have any region issues for me in the US. Freaking amazing deal even though I already have half of them.

One day there'll be a Lego Indy + Star Wars bundle. One day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because a lot of people here use it:

Steam Idle Master 0.8 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 0.7 installed within the next 24 hours. A "portable" version is also available for download from www.SteamIdleMaster.com.

Here is a list of the changes that have been made in this version:
  • The application can now prioritize games with the highest card values. This can be configured in the settings.
  • The number of drops remaining for the game you're currently idling is now a button you can click to manually check that game's card drop status with Steam.
  • A new "Authentication Data" window was added, so that you can view and/or manually edit the authentication data that Idle Master uses to connect to Steam. You can access this feature by clicking the lock button in the settings menu.
  • A new menu option is available to quickly add the current game you're idling to the blacklist. You can do this by selecting Game -> Blacklist Current Game.
  • The Steam logon form has been updated so that it will now clear any session and cookie data that was previously saved. This will make it easier for people with multiple accounts to switch between them easily.
  • A new menu option links to the application's release notes where you can read about the changes made in each release. This can be accessed by selecting Help -> Release Notes.
  • Idle Master will now wait between 3 and 9 seconds (at random) before it starts idling the next game on the list. This is to ensure that the previous idling process has completely shut down, and to make the program more closely simulate human interaction.
  • The application's version information is now shown correctly on the About window.
  • The icon on the blacklist window for deleting an item has been changed from an X to a trashcan, to reduce confusion.
  • Some additional games with unicode characters in their names will now be displayed correctly.
  • A link has been added to the official Idle Master Steam group from within the program. You can access the group by selecting Help -> Official Group.
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Speevy

Banned
Block Party.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes -- MB-0852B4E7B15594DF - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 -- MB-457B49F539724517 - Taken by Shalashaska. 10 entrants total.
Lego Lord of The Rings -- MB-3BFA8D14DCC3C3C9 - Taken by Copons. 14 entrants total.
LEGO Batman -- MB-3DB5CCB81DA922F7 - Taken by anastef. 12 entrants total.
The LEGO Movie - Videogame -- MB-016A64A76D73B1EC - Taken by louiedog. 18 entrants total.
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 -- MB-0CD8372A701CC0C2 - Taken by Milamber. 11 entrants total.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-CB8EE349BA8AB846 - Taken by Ozium. 17 entrants total.
LEGO The Hobbit -- MB-4FCCD4C0C3AFC8CE - Taken by Sarcasm. 12 entrants total.

t1423905342z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously weird to have to look up builds just to play payday -__-

Because a lot of people here use it:

Steam Idle Master 0.8 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 0.7 installed within the next 24 hours. A "portable" version is also available for download from www.SteamIdleMaster.com.

Here is a list of the changes that have been made in this version:
  • The application can now prioritize games with the highest card values. This can be configured in the settings.
  • The number of drops remaining for the game you're currently idling is now a button you can click to manually check that game's card drop status with Steam.
  • A new "Authentication Data" window was added, so that you can view and/or manually edit the authentication data that Idle Master uses to connect to Steam. You can access this feature by clicking the lock button in the settings menu.
  • A new menu option is available to quickly add the current game you're idling to the blacklist. You can do this by selecting Game -> Blacklist Current Game.
  • The Steam logon form has been updated so that it will now clear any session and cookie data that was previously saved. This will make it easier for people with multiple accounts to switch between them easily.
  • A new menu option links to the application's release notes where you can read about the changes made in each release. This can be accessed by selecting Help -> Release Notes.
  • Idle Master will now wait between 3 and 9 seconds (at random) before it starts idling the next game on the list. This is to ensure that the previous idling process has completely shut down, and to make the program more closely simulate human interaction.
  • The application's version information is now shown correctly on the About window.
  • The icon on the blacklist window for deleting an item has been changed from an X to a trashcan, to reduce confusion.
  • Some additional games with unicode characters in their names will now be displayed correctly.
  • A link has been added to the official Idle Master Steam group from within the program. You can access the group by selecting Help -> Official Group.
As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.
btw i just had idle master crash yesterday

what happened was i had no more games to idle, then activated a game with idle master open and clicked on the "next game icon" and got an error message and then crash

dunno if you're aware of that bug or if this patch fixes it

FoneBone

Urgh, LEGO Batman 2 was the only one of these on my to-play list (other than LEGO Marvel, which I already have), but the deal is so absurdly good that I might have to bite anyway. Any thoughts on these? LEGO Marvel is the only LEGO game I've played thus far.

Eternia

Really awesome deal since I had none of the Lego games. Pushed me into finally making a Nuuvem account.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
btw i just had idle master crash yesterday

what happened was i had no more games to idle, then activated a game with idle master open and clicked on the "next game icon" and got an error message and then crash

dunno if you're aware of that bug or if this patch fixes it

Actually this won't fix that, but I'll put it in my notes thanks. Closing and re-opening Idle Master should fix the issue though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Worth it for LotR and the HP games alone. Guess I'll finally try out the Lego Movie, Hobbit, and Marvel games now, too.

As far as the dialogue goes? I don't know if it'd work as well if you were trying to bed a bunch of robots.

I just would have preferred it if the characters actually had some form of character development and weren't one-note personalities, some of which get boring and/or irritating fast. More interaction between the different girls would have been nice, too.

One day there'll be a Lego Indy + Star Wars bundle. One day.

It'll be the same day that The Wheelman returns to Steam, I'm sure :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Actually this won't fix that, but I'll put it in my notes thanks. Closing and re-opening Idle Master should fix the issue though.
yeah, obviously not a big deal, it was just funny cos i had two friends over and i was like "dude you should totally install this thing" and then it immediately crashed lol

Speevy

Banned
No. I tried to get copies of Ground Zeroes for some gaffers but I couldn't find a way to add them to cart after I'd purchased my own.

So that's a no, or I'm blind

No, you're right, but they will let you register a new account with any e-mail you want and use the same payment method to purchase your games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It has better voice acting than the Dark Knight Rises, at least.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO Batman -- MB-D03C18095E7627DF - Taken by topyy. 11 entrants total.

t1423906721z1.png

baterism

It's good to hear GZ is doing well on PC. I spent 24 hours on it, still can't get all S, I'm a failure. MGS Legacy Collection on Steam would be dream come true.

I think at this point, the reason some Japanese publishers still hesitate on PC is either they are afraid angering fan boys or them selves are fan boys.

jshackles

I'm new to this program. What if I don't want my account to have any played time for the games I idle with?

Unfortunately Steam gives out a game's card drops based on the amount of time you've played the game. Without increasing your play time, you won't get any cards. Sadly, that's not something I or anyone else
(besides the folks at Valve)
can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom