• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Steam gives out a game's card drops based on the amount of time you've played the game. Without increasing your play time, you won't get any cards. Sadly, that's not something I or anyone else
(besides the folks at Valve)
can change.

It also kills the recommendation system unless I'm mistaken?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It also kills the recommendation system unless I'm mistaken?

The only thing it should affect in regards to recommendations is that your recommendation for a game will display your total play time. So if you use Idle Master to get the cards for a game, you could in theory write a review without having played the game... Or you could falsely represent your actual play time I suppose.

But it shouldn't break it or anything. Maybe on a fundamental thought or morality level, but not on a technical level.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's good to hear GZ is doing well on PC. I spent 24 hours on it, still can't get all S, I'm a failure. MGS Legacy Collection on Steam would be dream come true.

I think at this point, the reason some Japanese publishers still hesitate on PC is either they are afraid angering fan boys or them selves are fan boys.

Well, all of the major Japanese publishers are on Steam at this point. I can understand smaller publishers not seeing the point in PC releases since consoles/handhelds are far more popular in Japan, though of course you could point to the success of games like Agarest and whatever as reasons why they ought to entertain the idea.

Tizoc

I hate Saturdays & Sundays, nothing happens on Steam or PSN, ETC. and all you americanos just...slack off until Monday whereupon you gotta trudge your way back to work.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i got too stressed about speccing in payday and already lost interest by the time all the normal difficulty maps kicked me in lobby and i ended up in freaking default bank heist once again

i'm sorry payday, we were never meant to be

Ultimadrago

Herro Team Steam

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ultimadrago, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-6F962FDB5C1BA6D0 - Taken by Catshade. 12 entrants total.

t1423907802z1.png

The only thing it should affect in regards to recommendations is that your recommendation for a game will display your total play time. So if you use Idle Master to get the cards for a game, you could in theory write a review without having played the game... Or you could falsely represent your actual play time I suppose.

But it shouldn't break it or anything. Maybe on a fundamental thought or morality level, but not on a technical level.

I mean the other side.

My steam page is full of "we recommend x because you played y".

But I never played y, I just got some cards from it.

_hekk05

Banned
yeah i got too stressed about speccing in payday and already lost interest by the time all the normal difficulty maps kicked me in lobby and i ended up in freaking default bank heist once again

i'm sorry payday, we were never meant to be

why are you kicked in lobby?

I enjoyed it, and I'm obsessed with min-maxing

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I mean the other side.

My steam page is full of "we recommend x because you played y".

But I never played y, I just got some cards from it.

Ah good point. Yes, Steam will think you're super interested in garbage games after having played them for 4 days solid to extract trading cards. But the gaben dollars are worth it!

_hekk05

Banned
probably ping/no mic

that rarely happens to me, and is not the game's fault anyways

never got kicked for no mic. I had one, but I rarely used it

just play with some gaffers. I remember chariot, huggie, lashman, shadownet and frost (rip) were playing pretty regularly back in the day

where is huggie anyway? I haven't seen him in a while

It's good to hear GZ is doing well on PC. I spent 24 hours on it, still can't get all S, I'm a failure. MGS Legacy Collection on Steam would be dream come true.

I think at this point, the reason some Japanese publishers still hesitate on PC is either they are afraid angering fan boys or them selves are fan boys.
Japanese publishers are simply afraid and a lot of times incapable of dealing with changes, the only thing they learned well from their western counterparts is pumping out DLCs.

zkylon

zkylewd
that rarely happens to me, and is not the game's fault anyways

never got kicked for no mic. I had one, but I rarely used it

just play with some gaffers. I remember chariot, huggie, lashman, shadownet and frost (rip) were playing pretty regularly back in the day

where is huggie anyway? I haven't seen him in a while

ehh, i'll prolly just uninstall it

i don't know what is it about it but i don't feel like playing it the second i start it

Saty

You're telling me non of the LEGO games have cards? Who's the genius that decided that? Got the LEGO brand, Batman brand, LOTR brand, Marvel brand in one game and you don't cash in with cards?

JaseC

FoneBone

First time doing this - giving away a couple keys from Humble Bundles that I'm never going to use myself:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-F2C10537813DDC85 - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-FEB82B3B044D2A58 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1423909602z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ehh, i'll prolly just uninstall it

i don't know what is it about it but i don't feel like playing it the second i start it

It's okay.

Payday 2 will be completely irrelevant once Killing Floor 2 comes out.

And I say this as someone who is deeply in love with Heist fiction and film.

milena87

Really an amazing bundle from Nuuvem. I had only LEGO Marvel so it was an incredible deal. I only miss the Disney LEGO games now :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-6FF109150663728C - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.

t1423900482z1.png

edit: I'm going to try the LEGO Movie first! I loved the actual movie, I hope the game is at least half as fun.

baterism

Japanese publishers are simply afraid and a lot of times incapable of dealing with changes, the only thing they learned well from their western counterparts is pumping out DLCs.

Yeah they sure slow learner in this part. Except DLC part, I still can't wrap my head on DW8 DLC. $12 for wallpaper pack? I know it's optional, but really? Really?
They make Evolve looks sane in comparison. Fortunately it looks like just KT problem.

Sega and SE are quite mild on DLC. My complain on Sega DLCs is there are not enough DLC for SASRT.

And it looks like Neptunia will be my first 100% game. Thank God there is no own all items achievement.

zkylon

zkylewd
such a shame
it's just too much, to open up, see i lost all my skillpoints, there's a new class, a ton of new items i apparently unlocked, new maps, i get like "emails" from the devs on every screen

it's stressing, it makes me not want to play

it's probably what someone that doesn't play league of legends often might feel, so i can understand it's on me, not really on the game, but tbh i wasn't expecting payday 2 to be like this since payday 1 was pretty much super straightforward, so i'm kind of just never finding the right mood to play it

It's okay.

Payday 2 will be completely irrelevant once Killing Floor 2 comes out.

And I say this as someone who is deeply in love with Heist fiction and film.
ehh, i just think i'm through with this type of game entirely

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I see payday talk. Haven't played since before Christmas. Definitely got my money's worth

Yeah, same. Never got around to doing Diamond Heist or anything that came after that. Hotline Miami was a great high note for my group to go out on, I think. 400 hours flat plus the 40-50 or so I had in the beta is damn good for the money. Can't say I've been super pleased with the way the game is beginning to turn into a DLC garbage dump instead of pouring genuinely good ideas into the mix.

I wonder if Early Access plans have been pushed back/abandoned. It's been 9 months since Tripwire announced the game and said it'd be available "sooner than we may expect".

They keep insisting it will be the case, simply that they wish to have the game be content complete and only need netcode/optimization/balance stuff to iron out, which would benefit greatly by the extended audience. I do have a feeling adding the PS4 version into the mix threw development for a small loop. They'll claim otherwise, but they aren't a massive studio IIRC.

ehh, i just think i'm through with this type of game entirely

Breaking my heart, every day. GO BACK TO YOUR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ;~;

Milamber

edit: I'm going to try the LEGO Movie first! I loved the actual movie, I hope the game is at least half as fun.

It's okay, ran into a bug where the bricks do not build even though I got the right skilled character picked in a mini side quest. They built before with the wrong characters but never completed. Now that I got the right one, even the wrong ones act like it's not there at all.

JaseC

They keep insisting it will be the case, simply that they wish to have the game be content complete and only need netcode/optimization/balance stuff to iron out, which would benefit greatly by the extended audience. I do have a feeling adding the PS4 version into the mix threw development for a small loop. They'll claim otherwise, but they aren't a massive studio IIRC.

Ah, wasn't aware that it'd been addressed here and there.

Yeah they sure slow learner in this part. Except DLC part, I still can't wrap my head on DW8 DLC. $12 for wallpaper pack? I know it's optional, but really? Really?
They make Evolve looks sane in comparison. Fortunately it looks like just KT problem.

Sega and SE are quite mild on DLC. My complain on Sega DLCs is there are not enough DLC for SASRT.

And it looks like Neptunia will be my first 100% game. Thank God there is no own all items achievement.
I'm talking about the Japanese side, didn't FF13s also had quite a lot of cosmetic DLCs? Capcpom also went crazy with SF4. SEGA's Japanese PC games only started to take off recently, so it seemed alright.

zkylon

zkylewd
Breaking my heart, every day. GO BACK TO YOUR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS ;~;
eh, i was never one to play multiplayer games, so it's not that great of a difference

like i said before, unless something very unfortunate happens, i can't imagine myself ever playing any other multiplayer game than league

_hekk05

Banned

I just double dipped on neptunia. PSN US has it on sale for 14.

I just can't handle it without PS buttons

Knurek

Hey, PLGAF, I've noticed that the current issue of CDAction has full version of The Movies + Stunts & Effects Expansion.

Might also be worth for GERGAF, especially if you live close to the border.

Beaten LEGO movie, tried Hobbits and Batman 2, I found the gameplay dull most of the time, mildly amusing at best, but I still bought quite a few LEGO games.

milena87

It's okay, ran into a bug where the bricks do not build even though I got the right skilled character picked in a mini side quest. They built before with the wrong characters but never completed. Now that I got the right one, even the wrong ones act like it's not there at all.

That's not very encouraging :/

I do have a weird luck with bugs and whatnot, so maybe it'll be all right
of course not, now that I've said it

Shadownet

Banned
I just need Lego Batman and Lego The Movie and my collection is complete. Come on RNG!

Edit: nevermind, I'm still missing the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman 3. Forgot the first two were also on Steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes -- MB-0852B4E7B15594DF - Taken by topyy. 10 entrants total.
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 -- MB-457B49F539724517 - Taken by Shalashaska. 10 entrants total.
Lego Lord of The Rings -- MB-3BFA8D14DCC3C3C9 - Taken by Copons. 14 entrants total.
LEGO Batman -- MB-3DB5CCB81DA922F7 - Taken by anastef. 12 entrants total.
The LEGO Movie - Videogame -- MB-016A64A76D73B1EC - Taken by louiedog. 18 entrants total.
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 -- MB-0CD8372A701CC0C2 - Taken by Milamber. 11 entrants total.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes -- MB-CB8EE349BA8AB846 - Taken by Ozium. 17 entrants total.
LEGO The Hobbit -- MB-4FCCD4C0C3AFC8CE - Taken by Sarcasm. 12 entrants total.

t1423905342z1.png

JaseC

Hey, PLGAF, I've noticed that the current issue of CDAction has full version of The Movies + Stunts & Effects Expansion.

Might also be worth for GERGAF, especially if you live close to the border.

It's a sign! This can only mean that MS is re-releasing the game.

dex3108

Valentines day started really great for me. I got nice present (don't read if you are eating)
clogged toilet

Oh well at least there is Lego Bundle that means this is right time for me to enter Lego Games world :D

Hmm only LotR and Hobbit got keys and nuuvem is still generating keys for other games in my library. Oh well i will wait.

RedFyn

How is the Lego movie game? I know it looks good but that's all I've heard about it. I've played all but the lotr/hobbit if that helps.

How is the Lego movie game? I know it looks good but that's all I've heard about it. I've played all but the lotr/hobbit if that helps.
It's the extended version of the movie, with movie clips as cutscenes, has tons of characters to unlock and lots of collectibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom