• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Lego movie game? I know it looks good but that's all I've heard about it. I've played all but the lotr/hobbit if that helps.

It is a bit short and uninspired, but in general it is "fine" for a lego game. You should know exactly what to expect going in and there are few surprises.

So it is a safe bet, just don't expect much.

RedFyn

Pretty much what I expected, thanks.

And I didn't like the movie so saying its the extended version doesn't give me the greatest impression.

Catshade

Don't all of those LEGO games have similar gameplay? I only watch some gameplay footage, but it seems that if you've played one, you've played them all.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Just upgraded to this new version from some older version, how long does it take for Idlemaster to save my information? It's been saving for about 10 minutes now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just cancelled and tried again and it worked this time.

RedFyn

How could you hate the movie!? Everything about it was awesome!
I never said I hated it
never said I didn't ;)

I liked...um... The bright colors I guess. I actually didn't hate it until the ending.

Don't all of those LEGO games have similar gameplay? I only watch some gameplay footage, but it seems that if you've played one, you've played them all.
Similar yes. They all change it up a bit though and I'd compare it to most any other genre. I mean if you had this same opinion about other games you wouldn't play most sequels.

They are pretty much identical.

The enjoyment just comes down to the license because there is always just enough there.

Kind of like how assassin's creed mixes things up by offerring a slightly different hood with each iteration.

I created a raffle with modbot and when I got the code I realized I want to change the rules... can I nuke the keys and redo the raffle, or do I need to wait for the 3-hour time to pass?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I think of them the same way I do Adventure games. It's less the main interaction of the world, and more the story, puzzles, and interactions with the game world and characters I'm playing for. Marvel Heroes is amusing for how the Marvel characters can behave in silly ways, LEGO Star Wars it's fun to see them pantomime their way through the movies, LEGO Movie as mentioned above is an extended version of the theatrical film, and all offer some gags and jokes by playing around with their world or in the background.

Though some of the LEGO games can do things a bit differently. LEGO Star Wars 3had a RTS like section, Harry Potter games are more puzzle focused, LEGO City Undercover is a big open world to explore and far expanded original story, LEGO Rock Band is obviously just Rock Band (or Frequency in the case of the DS version) etc.

Also great for children to play. Never get frustrated, easy to play, a license they love if you pick right, and so forth.

Thy shall nuke it hard.
you can nuke it.

Cool beans.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race Injection -- MB-A7F1E7839B3D50D5 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-C98992C1F42A8619 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-DD13ACD5D769B2B0 - Taken by Purkake4. 9 entrants total.

t1423918482z1.png

Dr Dogg

Here's some food for thought:-
Konami Releases 2013 said:
PS3/360
  • Pro Evo 2014
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • The Snowman and the Snowdog
PC
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow
  • Pro Evo 2014
  • The Snowman and the Snowdog

Konami Releases 2014 said:
PS3/360
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • Pro Evo 2015
PS4/XO
  • Pro Evo 2015
PC
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Castlevania Mirror of Fate
  • Castlevaina Lords of Shadow 2
  • Pro Evo 2015

Now I'm sure some are going to read into that as they will but really for the last 4 or 5 years Konami really hasn't been a console focused company, mobile, gaming and slots (as well as their film and health ventures) have been where they have been focused. You could look at their release lists and attribute the PC growth to a lot more titles available on that platform than the consoles combined but it's still early doors. You can speculate and ask for new releases or ports but I hazard a guess they're going to make a decision on keeping a small tight line up, established franchises (prior to 2013 Pro Evo was the only PC game released for the previous 3 years) and more importantly has ROI.

That was my first thought also, haha.

Edit: I've decided to bump up my RAM to 12GB. I can't really justify spending more than $100 on something that I'll be replacing in a matter of months (i.e. buying another 8GB kit), however 8GB is cutting it close these days and a modest 4GB bump should be enough to see me through to my upgrade.

When I was trying to diagnose my blue screen issues I yanked out 8gb of RAM leaving me with 8gb (turns out my issue was Gigabyte still having that old issue with all DIMM slot occupied that causes system instability) and even with a few browser tabs open Wolfenstein, Thief and Watch Dogs would all bring up the low memory dialogue box. With more and more titles using 64bit processes now you have to be either resourceful with your running services or have nothing running while playing some games on 8gb of memory.

dex3108

There is no more keys for LEGO games and it is Saturday so it will be interesting to see when they will add new keys to the system :D

The new Unreal Engine 4 game based on The Little Mermaid, The Lost Pisces, will start it's Kickstarter on February 20th and also put up a Greenlight page. The game has been in development for about 3 years and is looking pretty damn good if you ask me. Go to the official website to get a preview of stretch goals for the use of Kinect for Windows, Oculus VR, and gifts for your donations.

http://www.thelostpisces.com/

I see this more than meeting it's stretch goals.

Wow, such beautiful UE4 game and I missed that?

Just finished Apotheon on PS4, awesome game, took me around 7 hours to finish and it was really addictive.

I highly recommend it, PS4 version was buggy and crashed a few times, hope PC version is better in that regard.

Ozium

is wasteland 2 even good tho?

I have fond memories of the original but it looks like they turned it into some hackneyed strategy rpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Naked Snake, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Naked Snake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Race Injection -- MB-A7F1E7839B3D50D5 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-DACAA8AD69C0F239 - Taken by Madn. 6 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Muffin Knight was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1423917282z1.png

baterism

I'm talking about the Japanese side, didn't FF13s also had quite a lot of cosmetic DLCs? Capcpom also went crazy with SF4. SEGA's Japanese PC games only started to take off recently, so it seemed alright.

FF13 series on Steam still don't have any DLC, I'm not sure why.

I just double dipped on neptunia. PSN US has it on sale for 14.

I just can't handle it without PS buttons

I think I remember seeing a Neptunia PC screenshot with PS button interface. Either it was modded or there is official support for DS, I'm not sure.

Well that sucks.

I was in the process of buying the Lego pack from nuuvem and my power went out. Just came back on after about 50mins and the pack is no longer available. :(

Turns out a branch fell off my neighbours tree and cut the line leading from the pole to their house and they obviously had to turn off the street to fix it. I wonder if the local power company will accept my angry letter to them demanding Lego Game compensation?

https://twitter.com/ActewAGL/status/566547677802790913

Eh, perhaps. I'm not sure how it was on console. I haven't play FF13 far.

Edit: just checked store page, no mention on DLC at all.

There is no DLC for FF XIII on any platform (weird huh) and most or all of FF XIII-2s is included in the PC version.
FF XIII-2 PC WINDOWS release – 11th Dec 2014 - DLC included!
Following up on the recent announcement regarding downloadable content from the original console version being included in the upcoming PC /Steam release, we are pleased to share that the following content will be included:

Opponent: Omega
Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
Opponent: Nabaat
Opponent: Ultros & Typhon
Opponent: PuPu
Opponent: Gilgamesh
Serah's Outfit: Summoner's Garb
Serah's Outfit: Beachwear
Serah's Outfit: White Mage
Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire
Noel's Outfit: Spacetime Guardian
Noel's Outfit: Black Mage
Mog's Outfits: A Wondrous Wardrobe
Sazh: Heads or Tails?
Lightning: Requiem of the Goddess
Snow: Perpetual Battlefield

* The further DLC that was released with the original console versions will not be released with the Windows PC version (either with the original Windows PC version release, or later on as separate update content), due to licensing and contractual restrictions.

rrvv

I didn't see it posted here, but Nuuvem has 8 Lego Games for $7.24:

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2657-bundle-lego

LEGO: The Hobbit; LEGO Marvel Super Heroes; The LEGO Movie - Videogame; LEGO Batman; LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes; LEGO: The Lord of the Rings; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4; LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

First time I've bought anything from Nuuvem, had some issues setting up an account but it worked eventually. Didn't have any region issues for me in the US. Freaking amazing deal even though I already have half of them.

noooo, why unavailable ;_;

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Naked Snake, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Muffin Knight -- MB-C98992C1F42A8619 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Race Injection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Blue Flamingo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1423918482z1.png

MadGear

i tried to give you a chance go go nippon but you're just so lame lol

Yeah, also tried it last night ... i "played" it for 20 minutes and just cant keep going. So no no nippon for me. At least I got my first ever foil card out of these 20 minutes.
LLTQ on the other hand is actually more interesting than I expected it to be.

derExperte

Just started playing this and wow, I'm on easy mode and i\I fail on dates after the first like crazy.

If you have trouble on easy you need to get better overall but after finishing the game I read that you get more moves feeding the fine ladies beforehand. So give them as much food as possible and then start the date-game instead of talking more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom