• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

https://twitter.com/nekopara_pr/status/562462045606400000

Sorry if this is old news, but I thought it was quite interesting.

That's BS. WTF volvo?

I'm still in chapter 2 of Nep Nep. But I think I over leveled them a tiny bit.

I'm hovering around level 42-40 for all of my characters.

I'm on chap 3 and on level 26. Any tips to get easy credit? I always blow it on Life Fragments and Healing Pod.

And the price of the clothes and accessory. Girls clothes are expensive.

Milamber

I'm on chap 3 and on level 26. Any tips to get easy credit? I always blow it on Life Fragments and Healing Pod.

And the price of the clothes and accessory. Girls clothes are expensive.
Get the plans for opening dungeons and blast through them while accepting new guild quests related to said dungeons. In each dungeon and around the world map, you will get plans for new items and tougher enemies for said dungeons. Implement them and blast through the dungeons with the tougher enemies for max credits and XP.

One dungeon of note is the Mechtro Factory. With "tougher enemies" modded in, Child Whales will start populating that dungeon. Switch out your characters to their goddess modes and start grinding through the Child Whales. Each one gives you 5000+ XP and 5000+ credits per battle.

At level 20+, you will probably level 2 to 3 times per battle. Repeat ad nauseum.

Neptunia?

Neptunia.

Annubis

Stupid Volvo, all games have a 18+ version in my mind.

image.php

brb using imagination since no pics

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Get the plans for opening dungeons and blast through them while accepting new guild quests related to said dungeons. In each dungeon and around the world map, you will get plans for new items and tougher enemies for said dungeons. Implement them and blast through the dungeons with the tougher enemies for max credits and XP.

One dungeon of note is the Mechtro Factory. With "tougher enemies" modded in, Child Whales will start populating that dungeon. Switch out your characters to their goddess modes and start grinding through the Child Whales. Each one gives you 5000+ XP and 5000+ credits per battle.

At level 20+, you will probably level 2 to 3 times per battle. Repeat ad nauseum.

Neptunia.

Damn sounds good.

baterism

I haven't toy much with Plan as it looks like a pain matching items and such. I always forgot which item from which monster on which dungeon. Haven't play a game that need me to read Item Guide for a while, I kinda enjoy it though.
Might try it tonight. Thanks.

And people didn't joke when they said this game reuse content like there's no tomorrow.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Last Call: Bundle Stars - Fully Loaded Bundle is ending in ~2 1/2 hours.

The bundle is great, but if you are only interested in one or two of them:

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magnetic By Nature -- MB-BDF657414106CE8D - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Wrack -- MB-3D6B36A5146FC08C - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Onikira: Demon Killer -- MB-7A7322E0776672DC - Taken by Toshin. 2 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-29FEDD19384C0FB8 - Taken by xezuru. 1 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1 -- MB-D4150EA9F420EED0 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DARK -- MB-AB684362E9BAC12F - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-9019C5A4D0816989 - Taken by agniswarm. 3 entrants total.
Super Toy Cars -- MB-342E4232A6ACBFA9 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Z -- MB-2299D99A29985554 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-58F86726F9B830B5 - Taken by Dingotech. 1 entrants total.

t1422942027z1.png

Good Luck! :p

Cerity

stop making me want neptunia.

Miguel81

I know!

Is there a difference between the GC ver and Trilogy?

Just a few missing effects on the cannon, and the morph ball no longer causes ripples in the water.

On a different note, finished up Strider and it's the definition of meh. Not a bad game at all, but really bland and doesn't contain much to warrant a replay on my end. On the other hand, REmake will definitely be getting multiple playthroughs(currently trying my luck at Real Survival).

AHA-Lambda

OT talk (sorry :p) but to Steamgaf I highly recommend Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Seen this movie last night, absolutely LOVED it! One of the best action movies I've seen in years, as well as being quite funny.
I had no idea that I would be able to take Colin Firth seriously as an action star either o_O

Make sure you don't miss out on this! (my screen wasn't exactly full and it deserves to do well =/)

Miguel81

Wait so the newer, more modern version has effects missing?

The Trilogy version has widescreen, higher rez textures, bloom, etc. It's just missing 2D effects(ice build up on the Ice Beam, for example) from the original version's stationary cannon, and these ripple effects that the morph ball would provide when rolling in shallow water.

Chariot

What a weird reason on Valve's part. HuniePop has cards.
I saw sekai project already being disgruntled on reddit, because HuniePop got trading cards so easy, when they had to fight for simple SFW cards. Maybe someone at Valve is just racist.

I saw sekai project already being disgruntled on reddit, because HuniePop got trading cards so easy, when they had to fight for simple SFW cards. Maybe someone at Valve is just racist.

Didnt they had some employee a few years ago that didnt approve any Adventure games because "thats what people wont play" but hidden object games were okay?
And wasnt there one that said VNs arent games, so we wont let them on Steam.

Lain

The whole 18+ part is just so weird. Eden* has trading cards. Dengeki Stryker has trading cards. Loren the Amazon Princess has trading cards, Huniepop has trading cards.
It's gonna be funny if Princess Evangile, Little Witch Romanesque etc will come with trading cards.

Coreda

Anyone know where I can find this game again? It's called Orbit, but it's such a generic name googling fails to return results. The main character has a quirky pitter-patter sound to their footsteps.

Edit: found it. Doesn't appear to have its own site though.

6xyCa1U.png

Here's a brief clip from a saved gameplay trailer:

http://a.pomf.se/rvockz.webm

Arthea

Meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis the last dungeon drags and drags and drags (><)
I hope it's not a fake ending this time, a game can't have two fake endings, or can it?
I got all achievements but one, out of share frustration I checked boards... and nobody got it, but it shows like some people did (even percentage is not really low). I will assume that cheaters are screwing statistics yet again and finding all chests achievement is not possible to get. It's a pity, actually, considering how much time I spent trying to find them all. Oh well, it's not the first game I won't have only one achievement, I'll live.

The Trilogy version has widescreen, higher rez textures, bloom, etc. It's just missing 2D effects(ice build up on the Ice Beam, for example) from the original version's stationary cannon, and these ripple effects that the morph ball would provide when rolling in shallow water.

Still quite strange that such archaic 2D effects could not be replicated with modern hardware.

Anteater

yea i don't like upbeat shit so much :p

haha, it has its own charm, game was a bit more relaxing.

Just a few missing effects on the cannon, and the morph ball no longer causes ripples in the water.

On a different note, finished up Strider and it's the definition of meh. Not a bad game at all, but really bland and doesn't contain much to warrant a replay on my end. On the other hand, REmake will definitely be getting multiple playthroughs(currently trying my luck at Real Survival).

Still quite strange that such archaic 2D effects could not be replicated with modern hardware.

Interesting, maybe it's like RE4 where they said those were hardware exclusive effects, as far as I know someone figured out a way to mod those back in for the pc version, but maybe it's not so simple for gc/wii.

dani_dc

https://twitter.com/nekopara_pr/status/562462045606400000

Sorry if this is old news, but I thought it was quite interesting.

Disregarding that other 18+ titles have cards, I have no idea why an 18+ existing has anything to do with cards. Steam version isn't 18+ and neither would the cards be.

I wonder if there are set policies at Valve for this or if it's up to whatever individual to approve it, cause the situation would be difficult to explain otherwise.

Funny enough the other game that I can recall that's still waiting for Valve to approve the cards is Neptunia.

Chariot

Didnt they had some employee a few years ago that didnt approve any Adventure games because "thats what people wont play" but hidden object games were okay?
And wasnt there one that said VNs arent games, so we wont let them on Steam.
Oh my god. I can't believe I liked Valve at some point. Such ignorance.

The whole 18+ part is just so weird. Eden* has trading cards. Dengeki Stryker has trading cards. Loren the Amazon Princess has trading cards, Huniepop has trading cards.
It's gonna be funny if Princess Evangile, Little Witch Romanesque etc will come with trading cards.
Would be amazing. :D

Besiege is a beautiful, yet hilarious game in slow motion.
I'm not trying to do shameless self-promotion or anything, I'm just making the point. Lol
Could you reverse it and put the Dead Island trailer music underneath it?

Deitus

Has ea always used your browser for matchmaking in betas?

I know the Battlefield games (starting from 3) have used a web browser for finding servers and basically everything else outside of actual gameplay.

I'm not aware of any other games that use that system, but then I probably don't play most EA games.

Arthea

in other greenlight news: 35 games were greenlit during last week, among those is:
1/9 Black White Girl (Milamber's GOTY)
Papetura (I still have my doubts it will be kickstarted, tho)
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (I'm afraid that soon we'll have one too many)
Rump! - It´s a Jump and Rump!
and many others
Fantasy Mosaics series still not greenlit.

Why are all the soldiers female?
waifu army

why not? *shrugs*

They are so much harder to animate than men.

when does it stopped anybody?

Arthea

I totally feel like a PC knight now (><)
not my typical behaviour for sure
I should just drop the matter, nobody cares anyway, it seems.
I was talking about 6th gen GOTY topic, if you are wondering

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I am super out of the loop with Steam. I get maybe two hours a week to play games and when I do all I play is Binding of Isaac. I need a new job so that I can be comfortable in relaxing in the evenings rather than worrying about struggling to make ends meet. At least with me not buying games for a while I'm saving money there.

What's a
GOTY
? We don't have those on steam :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I’ve been called a greasy thug, too. It never stops hurting. So here’s what we’re gonna do: we’re gonna grease ourselves up real good and trash that place with a baseball bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom