• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Easier than right click "view DLC" or going to the store page and seeing what you've got owned/not owned there?

If I didn't have over 100 games I would do this

I think he means something along the lines of a nested list versus having to manually check each and every single title.

Pretty much this I want

So yesterday I bragged about my new shiny fiber connection and of course today the almighty God of all internets laid his furious hammer of vengeance upon my provider, crashing down half of its lines, including mine.
Thanks Obama I guess.

This reminds me that I also should do a brag post about my new shiny and temporary broadband connection

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So yesterday I bragged about my new shiny fiber connection and of course today the almighty God of all internets laid his furious hammer of vengeance upon my provider, crashing down half of its lines, including mine.
Thanks Obama I guess.
homertheheretic2.png

I might change ISP soon. Att is worse than em, uh, *insert brutal dictator*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'll give you three guesses as to who it's a reference to. ;)

This reminds me that I also should do a brag post about my new shiny and temporary broadband connection

Speaking of having real internet, I saw my area's first fibre distribution cabinet on the way home from work the other night, just around the corner from my place (well, I can't say for certain that it was the first erected, but it's the only I've seen thus far in the entire service area). I almost cried. Almost.

homertheheretic2.png

I might change ISP soon. Att is worse than em, uh, *insert brutal dictator*

Tony Abbott. But at least he gives you the response you deserve.

oh lookie what got a store page

Well I never played the first one so I don't know how it plays, but I don't think much about that art. A lot of the sprites look downright flat. Also, when you use images like this to showcase the game in the store page:

it makes me worry that images like this are among the best of the backgrounds.

Arthea

Well I never played the first one so I don't know how it plays, but I don't think much about that art. A lot of the sprites look downright flat. Also, when you use images like this to showcase the game in the store page:

it makes me worry that images like this are among the best of the backgrounds.

It has fishing, all other things are bonuses!
of course I don't buy it for graphics and dungeons are randomly generated most likely anyway.

I'll give you three guesses as to who it's a reference to. ;)
At first I thought it's me referenced, but then again I say "erhm, OK" (><)
maybe I won't try, just tell me!

http://a.pomf.se/mhldzr.png[/IMG

gaf doesn't have the specific font size + encoding so its hard to make it come out nice[/QUOTE]

Neptune, have mercy!

Shadownet

Banned
life's too short
To not watch my stream? Awesome! Bring popcorn!

OT talk (sorry :p) but to Steamgaf I highly recommend Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Seen this movie last night, absolutely LOVED it! One of the best action movies I've seen in years, as well as being quite funny.
I had no idea that I would be able to take Colin Firth seriously as an action star either o_O

Make sure you don't miss out on this! (my screen wasn't exactly full and it deserves to do well =/)
There has been several screening near my area for months, but tickets sold out in minutes. :/ oh well going to wait another week. Glad its as good as people are making it out to be. Last and only screening I ever went to was 50/50. And it was a great movie.

28 hours into divinity, urge to restart my characters increasing.

Am I just being a whiny douchebag?

Can I ever stop trying to min-max?

Will I ever get a waifu?

Yes (but I love you for it)

I'm not sure what that is. But if you're complaining about it then I sure hope so.

One day, one day.

Arthea

Anybody knows how DailyIndieGame works? Do they provide steam keys for games they sell (not bundles, just daily games) if a game is released on steam?

JaseC

Anybody knows how DailyIndieGame works? Do they provide steam keys for games they sell (not bundles, just daily games) if a game is released on steam?

Yes. And the site now has an account system, which makes things easier (previously you had to send an e-mail and request keys).

Dinjoralo

I'm curious as to what motivated SNK to bring all the noteworthy KOF games to PC, beyond it being the series' 20th anniversary. Not that I'm complaining, I honestly think KOF might be the fighting game series that suits me the most out of all that I've played, and I never would have been able to play it had KOFXIII never went steamward. It just seems like they came outta nowhere.

I'm curious as to what motivated SNK to bring all the noteworthy KOF games to PC, beyond it being the series' 20th anniversary. Not that I'm complaining, I honestly think KOF might be the fighting game series that suits me the most out of all that I've played, and I never would have been able to play it had KOFXIII never went steamward. It just seems like they came outta nowhere.

someone over at SNK realized that they had ported all of their Neo-Geo roms to every platform under the sun but with one major exception. Since then, they've been working to correct that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I didn't expect the E3 version of the game, but...some improvements? Yes, at least from DX9 to DX11.
The decision to split community and offering a balancing patch only for the new version of the game is totally dumb, guided only by money-God.

The balancing patch is coming to both versions. They confirmed that a long time ago.

Uzzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSKD6VXT8k

First video for Dark Souls 2 "Remastered". And is absolutely the same of PC version.

I'll call this "Dark Souls 2 Money Milking Edition". At least for PC users.

Great looking trailer though, I'd be interested in some hands on previews from people to see what upgrades we're actually going to get. But hey, we're getting the free update on Thursday, so I guess I'll be playing that then.

to be fair, if it launches at $40 with all of the DLC it's not the worst deal. at $60, it's a bit of a hard sell.

I'm hoping for an upgrade path at a good price. Though, if not, and the upgrade to DX11 doesn't have that many improvements, then at least we're getting this free update with all the important story based stuff.

I can't get over how poorly placed the big picture mode button is...it overlaps the back button. I don't think there is one day this year I haven't accidentally gone into big picture mode on my laptop,

JaseC

I didn't expect the E3 version of the game, but...some improvements? Yes, at least from DX9 to DX11.
The decision to split community and offering a balancing patch only for the new version of the game is totally dumb, guided only by money-God.

I don't think there is going to a separate version of the game after all: Scamco made SOTFS subs a few weeks ago and neither of them contain apps/depots that you wouldn't already have if you own the game + Season Pass.

Lomax

I've successfully talked myself out of two bundles this week and am already up to 16 games completed for the year, so I'm counting both as a success. As I get busier and busier I'm sure both actions will head in the other direction. The less I have time to play the more I feel compelled to buy it seems.

BruteUA

Too bad the free Capsized with Apotheon preorder was only through the Humble Widget and not Steam. Looks like you can still order but I need to use Gabebucks.

made it to Anor Londo in Dark Souls and found out I haven't put a single point into Vitality.

Guess that's a good thing?
Oh awesome!!

Anor Londo is such a sight to behold after the worn-out, destroyed previous areas.

About Vitality. If you are good, you will make it out alive (or hollow lol) but points dumped into Vitality & Endurance are never wasted, so I'd say level those up. You will never regret it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSKD6VXT8k

First video for Dark Souls 2 "Remastered". And is absolutely the same of PC version.

I'll call this "Dark Souls 2 Money Milking Edition". At least for PC users.
I just hope the DLC doesn't get yanked off the store as I only have the base game :(

How come there is a SFS version DX9 and DX11 for Steam?
Can you toggle between both versions on PC?
But all of us do it, every day, in this thread. :p
Okay, maybe not in this thread but most gaming threads.
Haha. You got a point somehow :p
At least I can stop browsing when I get fed up.
Looks like a fun game to mess around with. :)
Besiege -- MB-2347B04E4CD524F6 - Taken by Sarcasm. 57 entrants total.
So close, yet so far.
Last Call: Bundle Stars - Fully Loaded Bundle is ending in ~2 1/2 hours.
The bundle is great, but if you are only interested in one or two of them:
Good Luck! :p
Aw, missed Wrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom