• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I do all my shopping purely digital too. Qisahn and zepy are just for accessories, or the occasional emergency online cash purchase since paypal can be slow and there's a !@#$%^& sale on

hmm can't just buy the PSN credit from Amazon.com?
I guess the exchange rate changed significantly but it's probably cheaper/as cheap as Qisahn once you factor in transport

I am a weak man...

3zK3OwJ.png

bought it from Nuuvem I hope... or?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I am finally getting around to Metal Gear Rising Revengence. I have the settings in the game set to 1080p, Nvidia Experiance setting set to 1080p, yet when I actually launch the game, my projector changes from 1080p (native resolution and desktop resolution) to 720p... Anyone have any idea why this is happening/ how to resolve? Even in game it says it's set to 1080p but it clearly is running at 720p and even the Nvidia Shadowplay is showing it at 720 because the frames counter is at the 720 resolution.

Although I don't use a projector, I encountered a similar issue today: I loaded up AssCreed Unity and it was clearly running at 1280x800 instead of 1680x1050, even though the resolution option insisted otherwise. Setting said option to 1280x800 and then back to 1680x1050 fixed things, but I'm guess you've tried that already.

_hekk05

Banned
hmm can't just buy the PSN credit from Amazon.com?
I guess the exchange rate changed significantly but it's probably cheaper/as cheap as Qisahn once you factor in transport

Qisahn is slightly more expensive. I don't want to use my debit card online and I don't have a credit card, so amazon's out.

the B/S/T thread is my main go-to for psn cash

wilflare

Qisahn is slightly more expensive. I don't want to use my debit card online and I don't have a credit card, so amazon's out.

the B/S/T thread is my main go-to for psn cash

ah I see.
same I stopped using Amazon for PSN cash when I found the B/S/T so many awesome deals and stuff there

the Flash Sale is killing me though

---

I'd be very happy to spend a dollar to give a Gaf member a great game!

But it is Injustice, so you are out of luck there.

Come on, I haven't played it yet but surely it's worth a dollar.

Maybe they'll actually get around to CVX HD now so that I can retire my PS2 copy. Along with the Gold content, it's something that has been oft mentioned on the Capcom boards.

God, I really need CV on steam (0 seems to be a given because of that leak).

what? how? it doesn't appear anything like AC
Assassin's Creed games have a lot to do with maintaining a base of operations in order to better prepare yourself for upcoming missions, the better maintained it is the better your chances are in battle, eventually you feel like you practically live there, and soon so will your heart, and as we all know, home is where the heart is.

So Grow Home is about going home and through these repeating themes Ubisoft will lure in those who play Grow Home and in turn make them want to play Assassin's Creed thus making Ubisoft some Grow Dough.

AHA-Lambda

Assassin's Creed games have a lot to do with maintaining a base of operations in order to better prepare yourself for upcoming missions, the better maintained it is the better your chances are in battle, eventually you feel like you practically live there, and soon so will your heart, and as we all know, home is where the heart is.

So Grow Home is about going home and through these repeating themes Ubisoft will lure in those who play Grow Home and in turn make them want to play Assassin's Creed thus making Ubisoft some Grow Dough.

I've played like 6 different AC games and almost never bothered with the homestead shit personally :p

JaseC

I was alluding to the element of collectables but this works, too. ;)

I've played like 6 different AC games and almost never bothered with the homestead shit personally :p
I max'd it out once in AC2 and then never did it again because
seeing it get destroyed at the start of
brotherhood was
awful, and made me feel like it had all been for nothing D:

JaseC

Can't wait to Unity from the inevitable GTX970 "Sorry about that" program and never ever playing it

I'll be surprised if Nvidia offers any compensation. The issue was raised almost a month ago now and Nvidia has done nothing but direct people to retailers/manufacturers.

dk_

I bought the 970 a week ago together with a new PC. I knew the issue, but the 980 was too pricey for me. I'm not disappointed and the 970 surely suffices for the next year until I upgrade.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I bought the 970 a week ago together with a new PC. I knew the issue, but the 980 was too pricey for me. I'm not disappointed and the 970 surely suffices for the next year until I upgrade.

Still not a bad choice. The 970 is still the best bang for the buck new card out there, IMO.

derExperte

I am really interested in this Sword Art Online game but seems still a bit too expensive.

Really have a different perception of game prices thanks to PC game prices.

The main reasons so many on GAF own a Vita is because they got 95% of their games through PS+. I signed up three years ago because it looked like a good deal for PS3 and just collected Vita games on the side. And they put almost everything worth owning on there over time. Honestly, if I hadn't done that I would never have considered one, paying for Vita games feels wrong now.

Jawmuncher

The main reasons so many on GAF own a Vita is because they got 95% of their games through PS+. I signed up three years ago because it looked like a good deal for PS3 and just collected Vita games on the side. And they put almost everything worth owning on there over time. Honestly, if I hadn't done that I would never have considered one, paying for Vita games feels wrong now.

Don't lump me into that. I buy my vita games.
Have yet to get anything worth a damn through PS+ for my tastes.

Honestly, if I hadn't done that I would never have considered one, paying for Vita games feels wrong now.
I usually just buy games for my vita on these months: January, May, Nov-Dec. January for the 14-for-14 or similar sale, May for my bday game/s and Nov-Dec for the fall / winter sales. PS+ adds games to try each month so this routine has been kept for atleast two years now. Yeah, I miss the day one hype most of the time but I also miss the dreaded janks / issues / outrage of a day one purchase.Had PSN allowed direct to debit charging + a competitively priced region sales, I would probably spend more there but alas I don't want to live over my means.
So that's why I also now have a Steam account, cheaper games means it is buyable for me and others with small budgets. ;)

derExperte

Don't lump me into that. I buy my vita games.
Have yet to get anything worth a damn through PS+ for my tastes.

Is such a thing even possible if you signed up two or three years ago as the offerings were very diverse and plentiful back then? Only got worse a year or so ago after they ran through the complete backlog and Sony in general stopped giving a crap about Vita.

Also checking your profile I saw a bunch of games that were on PS+ at one time or another, like Virtue's Last Reward, Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa or Gravity Rush (Sony should at least have kept that and Uncharted as an perpetual offer forever).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What was left from main game production :D Joe's Adventures supposed to be part of main game when Vito was in prison. And as far as i know Jimmy DLCs were side missions in free ride.

While it is apparent that they were cut from the main game, I was addressing the second statement of yours; which is entirely misleading. Regardless of origin, there are cutscenes in Joe's Adventures.XD.

dex3108

While it is apparent that they were cut from the main game, my issue is the second statement of yours; which is entirely misleading. Regardless of origin, there are cutscenes in Joe's Adventures.

I played that DLC long time ago so i apologise to you and SteamGAF for incorrect statement :D

Miguel81

I played through RE5 on the PC but didn't buy with the DLC. If it's playable without first completing RE5 proper then I may give it a whirl when it hits the PC.

Hopefully it'll be like the Souls situation where the saves transfer over. That was rather pleasant, not losing all progress and gaining a bunch of cheevos.

JaseC

On PS3 is playable, but from a story point you need to play RE5 first to fully understand what is happening on DLCs.
EDIT: No, I'm wrong. My brother just reminded me we played the game in coop to unlock both DLCs.
If Capcom doesn't change this, you need to do the game again.

Boo-urns.

Miguel81

Sheep. I think I can beat this in under 3 hours, now I know is impossibile, at least not in my first play.
I beat the game with Jill back in days on GC, never did a Chris run, now I started the game with Chris, but I got lost too often, lol.

You'll be speedrunning soon enough. Under 3 hours will be easily doable on your second run.

Do any of the games in the Valentine's sale have DLC on sale? I was hoping to pick up the last disappointing Headhunter pack for BL2 for cheap but it's not discounted.

Uzzy

I think I'll just restart the game, now I know how cut some time out, I'm not to far, and skipping cutscenes will lower total time a lot. Anyway new control system is almost a cheat, very easy to escape from EVERYTHING, lol.

Yeah, the new control system makes the game much easier. But I like it.

Miguel81

I think I'll just restart the game, now I know how cut some time out, I'm not to far, and skipping cutscenes will lower total time a lot. Anyway new control system is almost a cheat, very easy to escape from EVERYTHING, lol.

I only used alternate a bit before settling on Type B. Having to adjust after the angles change was pain for me. I can definitely see how it would make the encounters easier to avoid, though.

Jawmuncher

Is such a thing even possible if you signed up two or three years ago as the offerings were very diverse and plentiful back then? Only got worse a year or so ago after they ran through the complete backlog and Sony in general stopped giving a crap about Vita.

Also checking your profile I saw a bunch of games that were on PS+ at one time or another, like Virtue's Last Reward, Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa or Gravity Rush (Sony should at least have kept that and Uncharted as an perpetual offer forever).

Bought all of those before they hit PS+.
I'll take it slightly back. By the time it hits PS+ I already bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom