• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besiege is tempting.
4B0rI4C.gif

awesome

We really can't have a nice pc thread without getting turned to shit.

"hey I want to help get my friend into PC gaming"

"dude, fuck you. Let him do what he wants"

...well that escalated quickly.

Again, according to the TOS they have to revoke your entire library if they want do so. And im not talking about revoking games from people who cross TOS, no. They can and have the right to revoke all games from everyone including people who never crossed TOS on their life.

That's a bold statement, where in the TOS does it say that?

Miguel81

Well, is basically the same of DMC titles, I have no problem with it.

The original DMC gave me some troubles, but it was so bad ass that I just adapted.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/618453594743279753/

Just found this. Is it true?
Capcom censored RE Remake?
I can't remember how GC version was.

The first Resident Evil had pretty gruesome headshots and stomp moves. The hunters also decapitated you in full view. Not sure about the GC game, but I don't remember it being much different than the REmaster. It's been a long time since I've played that version however.

Chariot

Uh, we're getting the inferior last-gen version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, without online play. Why do you hate us so much, Koei?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's a bold statement, where in the TOS does it say that?

He's referring to:

C. Termination by Valve

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or (b) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.

But the SSA hasn't been updated to reflect the fact that Valve stopped "terminating" accounts about three years ago.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Besiege is tempting.
4B0rI4C.gif

That game looks great - if I wasn't literally swimming in 3/4 finished games at the moment I'd probably pick it up. I've got a few Gaben bux from selling cards lately, so once I'm done with Fable Anniversary, Dragon Quest 3, and Far Cry 4 I'll probably have to grab this.

JaseC

That game looks great - if I wasn't literally swimming in 3/4 finished games at the moment I'd probably pick it up. I've got a few Gaben bux from selling cards lately, so once I'm done with Fable Anniversary, Dragon Quest 3, and Far Cry 4 I'll probably have to grab this.

By the time that happens the price may have risen.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
By the time that happens the price may have risen.

Do we have any word on a timeframe for this? I'll probably be done with those three games by Saturday.

It does look good alright, here's a webm compilation if anyone's interested.

JaseC

Do we have any word on a timeframe for this? I'll probably be done with those three games by Saturday.

Nope. The price could rise anywhere from a second to infinity from now.

Can anyone link me to a good guide on how to activate keys with vpn? Will need it for revelations 2.

Connect to the VPN (FlyVPN has a variety of free servers located in a bunch of different countries) -> Restart Steam -> Activate key. Once it's been activated you can kill the VPN and then restart Steam again so you're in your proper region.

He's referring to:

C. Termination by Valve

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or (b) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.

Lol, can't really compare shutting down a service/subscription to terminating (or rather restricting nowadays) single accounts for nothing.
Let's not pretend like using VPN is 100% safe at all times.
PunishedSnake have a point, they CAN restrict your accounts (not just revoke a game) on those grounds, regardless how tough they are on the rules at the moment.
They can not restrict your account just out of the blue for nothing.
Then, of course, they might never act on those breaches, that only time will tell.

An-Det

So the Force Unleashed 2 isn't as bad as I thought it would've been. Then again, I didn't exactly have high expectations, having skipped it when it came out even though I loved the original.

Terrible story though, and then they end it on a cliffhanger. Short, too, took me a bit over four hours if I'm not mistaken.

Oh well, at least I can scratch it off my backlog.

That's how I went into it last year, as well, after hearing all the bad things about it. Story-wise it was a wash (though admittedly I was curious to see where they'd go), but the combat was decent enough to keep me going over the really short campaign.

Jawmuncher

The original DMC gave me some troubles, but it was so bad ass that I just adapted.

The first Resident Evil had pretty gruesome headshots and stomp moves. The hunters also decapitated you in full view. Not sure about the GC game, but I don't remember it being much different than the REmaster. It's been a long time since I've played that version however.

Hunters use to cut your head off in REmake if you were in the red. I know that was censored. Not a huge loss though. It was the same case with RE5 and the chain saw decaps being censored. Easier to make one game they can push everywhere rather than multiple versions with certain censoring.

Jawmuncher

Yes but why, since RE4 have decapitation :l

I recall decaps were censored in Germany.
Guess since the PC version or whatever they used as a base was already there with that they kept it Seperate.
Does Germany even have RE4 Ultimate HD?

Looking it up I guess it got rated as a new game in Germany?

Maniac

Banned
Well, think what you want, I prefer not to risk by activating something with a VPN.

Don't ever activate something if you move to another country either, then. Hell, if you move to another country, you'd darn well better cover your arse by running Steam through a VPN to where-ever you came from, cause... You know, you might have regionlocked keys!

Thing is, they wouldn't sodding do this, atleast not retroactively as it'd hurt a lot of legitimate customers. The only way to really avoid hurting legitimate customers would be to revoking keys on a case-by-case basis, and that's NEVER going to happen with how lazy Valve is with all things support-esque.

And before you ask, no. Noone's stalking you, and you're not being watched. You're being paranoid. :p

Just kidding, I'm stalking you.

zkylon

zkylewd
Looks pretty interesting, like all Christine Love games.
exactly

Eh. The new version will be super expensive for me. No chance I am going to be able to buy it anytime soon. Maybe in 2 years.

I couldn't enjoy the new, better visuals with my laptop anyway. And didn't the old version get a patch with all new features anyway?

The DLC will hopefully get much cheaper until I finish DS2.
yea but you have to consider the season pass too, which won't get "much cheaper" any time soon, really

your other option is just buying the base game super cheap and then buy the season pass at whichever price it is

but good dlc is never really all that highly discounted

Durante

Can someone explain this to me?

War of the Human Tanks - ALTeR is currently displayed as #1 on popular new releases in the Steam client for me. However, when I go through the top sellers (all 25 pages of them), it never shows up. I can't believe that it's selling so little as to not appear there.

What's up? Did Valve change how these lists work?

JaseC

Bah, I'd assumed that Unity's collectables maps would only kick in upon synchronising with the viewpoint of a given area, but that isn't the case. Oh well.

Maniac

Banned
Okay, sold on both counts.

WY98CIc.png

I really hope the price doesn't increase till sometime after February, cause I'm still so broke that I don't have one dollar, and I really want this damn game.

Is anyone in need of services worth seven dollars?

I'll do it all. I'm quite limber, so I can bend in ways you've never tried!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JaseC

War of the Human Tanks - ALTeR is currently displayed as #1 on popular new releases in the Steam client for me. However, when I go through the top sellers (all 25 pages of them), it never shows up. I can't believe that it's selling so little as to not appear there.

I don't think Valve's actually explained how the tab works, but I'd guess that Popular New Releases is based on the number of Steam Community hub contribution views (threads, screenshots and so on). It replaced the standard New Releases tab, which simply ordered items by release date.

Lomax

#1 on the popular new releases list means it's the most recent popular new release, it isn't an indication of sales volume. It not showing up on the list at all though seems like a glitch, we've seen it happen with other games as well.

Is the DLC for Beat Hazard recommended or should I just be able to have some fun with the regular game?

I'd say the Ultra expansion is pretty mandatory, so you may as well just buy the Mega Bundle if you don't have any of it.

Jawmuncher

War of the Human Tanks is awesome.
Wasn't tracking Alter came out

Maniac

Banned
Welp, time to start idling then.

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and do the same. Hopefully I get some sodding cards worth more than .05 cents. Those are the woooorst. Not even worth the time spent selling them. :p
Wait, so you're saying if I logged into my Steam account from somewhere like... Japan let's say, I could have tons of games revoked on that basis, even if they're already on my account and were purchased / activated at home?

Not at all.

But if PunishedSnake's paranoia was factual, then it might be plausible.

This would, ofcourse, never happen either.

JaseC

Wait, so you're saying if I logged into my Steam account from somewhere like... Japan let's say, I could have tons of games revoked on that basis, even if they're already on my account and were purchased / activated at home?

No. It's not against the TOS to use your Steam account while in a different country and in fact the entire reason Valve allows people to easily switch store regions using ?cc=** is so people can purchase items while outside the "home country" of their account.

Durante

I realize it isn't a direct indicator of sale volume, but is it really possible for a game to be #1 there and not show up on 25 pages of top sellers?

For example, Tokyo school life, which is on #7 of the popular new releases list is on page 7 of the top sellers.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
http://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/618453594743279753/

Just found this. Is it true?
Capcom censored RE Remake?
I can't remember how GC version was.

The only thing I think has been changed is that Hunters don't decapitate you when they do their one-hit kill move. However, my theory is that's not an attempt at censorship, but because the version of the game they probably ported over was from the Japanese source of the game, the Japanese version of REmake never had decapitation.

Durante

Ok, my fault, it's actually on page 16. I could have sworn it wasn't on there at all before :/

If it really hadn't been on any of the first 26 pages I'd have been even more impressed with back catalog sales on Steam than I already am.

War of the Human Tanks is awesome.
Wasn't tracking Alter came out
I bought the first one yesterday because the second looks interesting and it's fun. I like the semi-TB/semi-RT battles, it's a bit like FF-style ATB for a strategy game.

Lomax

I realize it isn't a direct indicator of sale volume, but is it really possible for a game to be #1 there and not show up on 25 pages of top sellers?

For example, Tokyo school life, which is on #7 of the popular new releases list is on page 7 of the top sellers.

Yeah, I reread your question and realized that's what you were asking. It not showing up is probably a bug, if you search within Top Sellers it comes up, but that doesn't give an indication of position unfortunately. We've seen games disappear from the Top Sellers list before for no apparent reason. Just one of those things.

It's probably based on how many people look at the page, rather than how many people buy it or something. There are some newly-released games that never show up there.
Is the DLC for Beat Hazard recommended or should I just be able to have some fun with the regular game?

I've only tried Ultra, but I'd recommend it over the base game. It adds some much-needed variation to the formula.

The other one sounds pretty good. I didn't even know they released a second expansion...

xBladeM6x

Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and do the same. Hopefully I get some sodding cards worth more than .05 cents. Those are the woooorst. Not even worth the time spent selling them. :p

Not at all.

But if PunishedSnake's paranoia was factual, then it might be plausible.

This would, ofcourse, never happen either.

No. It's not against the TOS to use your Steam account while in a different country and in fact the entire reason Valve allows people to easily switch store regions using ?cc=** is so people can purchase items while outside the "home country" of their account.

Thanks. I was like, "damn, that's garbage." Also, that new Dissidia needs to make it's way to PC, Square Enix. Or else. :l

zkylon

zkylewd

it's valve dude

Hell yeah it is. Light visual novel elements with a fun strategy like gameplay. If you have it, it's worth trying out. Was one hell of a surprise when I played it last year. Easily my top 10 steam games.
i have it tho i'm not sure where i got it from, i think someone gifted it to me (in which case thanks, and sorry for not playing it yet!)

i still got to try 100% orange juice but no one ever invited me to a game T_T

so late lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom