• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

COSMIC BREAK 2 KICKSTARTER. The art style looks like something Neptunia fans would be all over. The game isn't an RPG though. It's an online action shooter. You can view a bit of the gameplay here.

The Kickstarter just started yesterday and is looking to be pretty healthy. The game does look good in its early stages. I might throw a couple of bones their way.

Somehow I found this strange to see this in kickstarter. also ta whooping 100.000 difference between PS4 and XBOXONE version

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-15_20-05-50.jpg

xBladeM6x

Valve should mandate Steam Cloud support for saves going forward. The fact that games like Rage upload the player's config file to the cloud but not their progress is absolutely pathetic, frankly.

This is why I've moved to using GameSave Manager. Just to make sure I cover all / most of my bases for games I'm not actively backing up manually. Worked perfectly, and was super convenient when I was re-installing my OS.

derExperte

Wolfenstein can be done in 6hrs but for most players it took double that at least. Please keep SteamGAF a TB-free zone.

Having said that the amount of Order threads with basically the same content on the frontpage is starting to become hilarious. Not allowing 'hype threads' anymore was such a great idea.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is why I've moved to using GameSave Manager. Just to make sure I cover all / most of my bases for games I'm not actively backing up manually. Worked perfectly, and was super convenient when I was re-installing my OS.

I'm still miffed that AssCreed LibHD was added to the database even though the info didn't specify the save location but rather just that of the config file. I was close to finishing the game but lost all progress thanks to that. :(

xBladeM6x

Wolfenstein can be done in 6hrs but for most players it took double that at least. Please keep SteamGAF a TB-free zone.

I tend to find when people say they beat a game in less than 5 hours, it's a game they've already beat 10 times. Unless the game really is just super short, like MGS:GZ.

I'm still miffed that AssCreed LibHD was added to the database even though the info didn't specify the save location but rather just that of the config file. I was close to finishing the game but lost all progress thanks to that. :(

That sucks.
When it comes to Ubisoft games on PC, I'll usually just copy the entire save folder from the Uplay manually.

xezuru

How do I stream on Twitch? Im a noob >.>

Scrounge your Twitch Broadcast page for your StreamKey, then setup Xsplit or OBS to Stream it, by putting in that stream key, everything else is just adding the programs/sources you want to add and fiddlin with settings.

IE. Max bitrate I usually recommend at half your Upload speed.

Lomax

So 11.000 homeless copies are floating around somwhere? Damn.

Their numbers are a bit confusing to me, since they had a 2-pack in the bundle and said 66% of their sales on Steam are the 2-pack, but it seems like other times they are calling the 2-pack one game. If there were two separate keys in the bundle it would make sense most people would only activate one, but if it was a 2-pack key, and half of those keys weren't activated, that means there's actually twice as many unused copies out there.

I know I'm VLTTP but streaming games in-home is pretty amazing. I'm genuinely impressed by the results. I wish the console manufacturers would get with the program on this.

JaseC

I know I'm VLTTP but streaming games in-home is pretty amazing. I'm genuinely impressed by the results. I wish the console manufacturers would get with the program on this.

Just for fun I gave it a shot over 802.11n about a week ago and it performed surprisingly well. I ran around in Unity for a few minutes and although the stream eventually crashed for some reason, while I was playing there were no noticeable compression artefacts or even input lag... but needless to say, running Unity at 1368x768 absolutely murders image quality (you could be forgiven for thinking it was the PS360 version, even).

Maniac

Banned
We could delay it for another month I guess.

We've waited this long. Let's go all in: Do the 2014 and 2015 GOTYs together! Might aswell, right?

My nephew won't stop playing Garry's Mod.

I've tried to get him other games. He never activates them. Just Garry's mod, 24/7.

You should be proud, atleast it's not Minecraft or League of Legends.

Or Call of Doody... ~.~
Valve should mandate Steam Cloud support for saves going forward. The fact that games like Rage upload the player's config file to the cloud but not their progress is absolutely pathetic, frankly.

We all know Valve doesn't bother leveraging their power and dominance on the PC platform for anything.

Like anything at all.
Didn't a gaffer who played say it was above 10 hours?

It's a well-known fact that GAF is shit at videogames.

#Truthfact

yea but you have to consider the season pass too, which won't get "much cheaper" any time soon, really

your other option is just buying the base game super cheap and then buy the season pass at whichever price it is

but good dlc is never really all that highly discounted
I do have the base Dark Souls 2 that's why I am thinking of not getting the Sins version anytime soon.

It is sad that DLC for a lot of games don't get the same high discounts :(

JaseC

It is sad that DLC for a lot of games don't get the same high discounts :(

I hope Rocksmith's DLC is discounted by at least half the next time the game goes on sale. I'm worried that the crappy discounts it saw during the Autumn and Winter Sales is what Ubi has settled on for the foreseeable future.

Credit where credit is due, though: by buying the song packs, not only do you save money but you also gain a further +1 DLC per pack since the subs include the individual DLC apps for the songs and another app for the pack.

I hope Rocksmith's DLC is discounted by at least half the next time the game goes on sale. I'm worried that the crappy discounts it saw during the Autumn and Winter Sales is what Ubi has settled on for the foreseeable future.

Credit where credit is due, though: by buying the song packs, not only do you save money but you also gain a further +1 DLC per pack since the subs include the individual DLC apps for the songs and another app for the pack.
Is there a place you can give advice for good DLC deals?

Parsnip

Yes, I think I'll drop the idea of beating the game with knife only, at least with Chris. Too difficult, that plant takes ages to die, and last tentacles...I can't hit them from the upper floor, so I need to go on lower one, but then I'm here, the acid and tentacles itself do an insane amount of damage.
How can I use Rebecca to make J-Volt? I never played with Chris, so I don't know.
Also Chris is an idiot, why he can't do J-Volt, is he stupid? You also find a book, so he should know :l
EDIT: Found it on a guide. Damn you, Richard, you and your shotgun are useless, since I can't use it :|

I would play Chris on knife run, he has so much more health than Jill.

Shadownet

Banned
It's hard to know when it's you asking the dumb questions... ;)

Huehue. <3

all day, everyday.

Btw so I'm finally playing Remember Me. Beautiful game (though not compared to today's standard) I really like it so far.

I'm really enjoying the combat too, except I hope that you'll get more than two combos later on. It's interesting that you can mix and match them. But spamming the same two combos isn't that fun.

MUnited83

For you.

I'd get all the damn packs if they put them on a 50% discount for once!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
all day, everyday.

Btw so I'm finally playing Remember Me. Beautiful game (though not compared to today's standard) I really like it so far.

I'm really enjoying the combat too, except I hope that you'll get more than two combos later on. It's interesting that you can mix and match them. But spamming the same two combos isn't that fun.

I'm at about chapter 5. You get a third combo - a combo of 8 I believe.

This thread. ;)
Haha. Well then I will be waiting eagerly for "your" deals ;)

Btw how did you like Dark Souls 1 & 2?
I am kinda excited for DS2 coming from DS1 with the most joy I had in a game in a long, long time. But on the other side I am not sure if it is advised to play them back to back. Some opinions of folks who played them both would be nice.

The last game I "really" played and completed was Far Cry 3 on a PS3 in January 2013! Dark Souls got me back again when I was almost sure I distanced myself already too much and for good.

Been missing reading this thread during my binge :)

dex3108

Far Cry 4 map is so beautiful that i want it to be real place that i can visit in real life :( And i have unlocked/visited only 1/3 of the map. It really is step up from FC3 in every way. Small stories you can find and read can lead you to interesting things. You also can discover how and why certain things happened by reading those stories. Animals are more aggressive so you need to be careful, access to wingsuit and buzzer from early on is also awesome. Almost all characters are interesting and mission variety is not that bad.

Monooboe

I caved in and bought RE Revelations 2, can't wait! It's region locked on the activation level only right? Stupid question to ask after the fact haha.

Edit, bought it from Nuuvem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom