• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it in every general PC gaming thread on gaming side people claim that in order to get a game to run on PC you have to "tinker with it for hours"

wtf? 98% o the games on PC I play I just hit "play" on Steam and it starts...
Confirmation bias man.
I've given up trying to understand how ignorant some people can be about PC gaming, I would right a longer post explaining why but I'm still tinkering with my games settings and I will continue to do so for hours, so I don't really have the time.
Considering how gaf is supposed to be enthusiast site of gaming enthusiast sites, this situation is sad.

Momentary

Banned
Is it up to Steam as to whether or not devs allow sex/nudity in their games? Or does it have something to do with costs for getting your game rated? What's the deal with some of these games having "clean" or "all ages" versions of games?

Is it up to Steam as to whether or not devs allow sex/nudity in their games? Or does it have something to do with costs for getting your game rated? What's the deal with some of these games having "clean" or "all ages" versions of games?

Steam has some sort of unofficial rules regarding that stuff. The Witcher 2 can get in fine, but games like HuniePop or that fighting game Vanguard... Princess(?) need to dance around the issue by making the explicit or "adult-oriented" content free DLC, which is somehow better than a game page's age gate.

It really makes you (meaning me) wonder why they age-rate or gate games to begin with.

I always assumed public image and possibly some countries having weird laws that this could break.

Probably. It just seems silly to make an age-rated, content-warned title still require cordoning off the age-rated, content-warned material, as if quarantining it will somehow make a game less controversial.

Momentary

Banned
I always assumed public image and possibly some countries having weird laws that this could break.

Well I'm just asking because of that one game we can't talk about on here... I saw its storefront page and was like... How in the hell can other games not get away with a little bid of hanky panky when you got videos showing people dying in ways that are way too graphic. Kind of ass backwards if you ask me.

Well I'm just asking because of that one game we can't talk about on here... I saw its storefront page and was like... How in the hell can other games not get away with a little bid of hanky panky when you got videos showing people dying in ways that are way too graphic. Kind of ass backwards if you ask me.

Welcome to America

It won't really matter in the long run with how Valve is divesting themselves of responsibility and unloading everything to the community. Once they allow user-made storefronts the floodgates will truly be open.

Greenlight and Early Access were only portents for what's to come.

Momentary

Banned
tumblr_njjuagjA8t1u2uscho1_1280.jpg

Man... if only I won the lottery so I could help these damn studios speed up their game releases!!!!

People bought Amazing Spiderman. Is there any reason to buy it besides "licensed games"?
The first game is pretty fun for a style over substance type game, I played it for 23hrs and got all achievements, the second one I hear is just a buggier and more poorly paced version of the first game, so...yeah.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The first game is pretty fun for a style over substance type game, I played it for 23hrs and got all achievements, the second one I hear is just a buggier and more poorly paced version of the first game, so...yeah.

Damn son, those 700 collectables are no joke. Once I saw that I felt no regret over ignoring hard difficulty/100%ing the achievement set.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-755A9505CC8C58FF - Taken by Cth
KNIGHTSHIFT -- MB-459625FA3A1E9501 - Taken by PARANO1A

VnaaRZv.png

Left idlemaster open the last few days sporadically and finally have nothing left anymore :)

Sold every card and landed on this number. Always liked same digit numbers.
L5hmAtF.png

Now to get some gift games. Should be enough for 3-4 small ones I think.

Man, there needs to be some kind of restriction to prevent scamming bots from doing this. Maybe something like "at level 4 and below, you can't request friends, but people can still request you as a friend." Sure it would mean level 5 bots, but they'd have to start putting some effort in, and hopefully that would be enough to deter a few.

Damn son, those 700 collectables are no joke. Once I saw that I felt no regret over ignoring hard difficulty/100%ing the achievement set.
Collecting all 700 comic books was actually a lot easier than I thought it'd be, after you collect the first 500 the mini map will show you where the remaining 200 are, which is something I love when developers do, I hate when I go for a collectible in a game and I get all but the very last one and end up spending a crazy amount of time just looking for it and it ends up being in some facepalmingly obvious area.

Haunted

Ya'll!.. I got a foil drop again!

30 minutes pass...

Cue bots!

Bots be loving them some foils!
I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but isn't this because your inventory is public? I never get those trading requests no matter how much rare stuff I get.

Maniac

Banned
That's nice! I always wonder how a .hack game from CC2 now would turn out.

Weeeeeeelcooooomeeeee baaaaaack! :p
VnaaRZv.png

Left idlemaster open the last few days sporadically and finally have nothing left anymore :)

Sold every card and landed on this number. Always liked same digit numbers.
L5hmAtF.png

Now to get some gift games. Should be enough for 3-4 small ones I think.

666!?

Begone, devil!

And y'know, you should probably just... Sell some more stuff, like your body, and then... Buy me Besiege, right?

That would be a good plan.
Man, there needs to be some kind of restriction to prevent scamming bots from doing this. Maybe something like "at level 4 and below, you can't request friends, but people can still request you as a friend." Sure it would mean level 5 bots, but they'd have to start putting some effort in, and hopefully that would be enough to deter a few.

Some kind of games-purchased restriction would probably do the trick.

Ofcourse with the amount of cheap-ass nigh-free trash games we get on Steam nowadays and with bundles, it... Might not be enough. Hm.
I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but isn't this because your inventory is public? I never get those trading requests no matter how much rare stuff I get.

Bingo.

HoosTrax

Now I've seen it all...a PC game locked to 15 fps (Final Fantasy IV, at least in the battle portions). Mobile-ruining-gaming etc etc etc...

Maniac

Banned
now I know why I love SteamGAF (and VitaGAF)
We can't get a day without anyone shitting up a perfectly normal thread zzz

There's a reason I don't venture out of SteamGAF very often, and especially never during the night.

The bad men come out at night...

That is to say, the majority of GAF is made up of dank pre-pubescent* shit-for-brains cunts that can't speak intelligibly, nor have an intelligent conversation for more than ten seconds without their brains overheating and exploding through their ears.

Of course, it's a small explosion since there's little in there to begin with.

They're not all pre-pubescent, they just behave as such.

Good to get that off of my chest.
Thanks! o: Now I can go back to neglecting important things!

One of us, one of us! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF UUUUUS!

And I'm still not sure why anyone would temp-ban you for telling off that cunt, but you know. GAF. :p

Anyway, I've been neglecting sleep, which is supposedly important aswell, so I'll make sure to get some now that it's 4 AM. Nighty night, SteamGAFerino.
there is nothing more important than steamgaf ;)

This is what one would label as a hundred-percent confirmed, unbiased, scientifically proven #HASHTAG#Truthfact.

Nighty night, ladies & gents!

Annubis

When I played Star Ocean 4, I decided that that was the last time I ever swap a disk in my life.
Doesn't help that the 360 version has a swap between the 3 main endgame locations =/
So much swap....

HoosTrax

If I remember correctly, FF7 and FF8 are the same way, 30FPS on the overworld, 15FPS capped in battles.
:\

Good know what to look forward to once I get to those two games (bought III, IV, VII, and VIII last weekend). I'll bite my tongue in this instance since they're turn-based RPGs, but really, unless someone managed to be incompetent in coding animations, there's no reason for it.

At least the writing in this game seems to be a noticeable step up over the third grade level dialogue in FF III.

I may have missed the Lego Bundle, have no money for a star wars bundle but what I have now is a future companion in life. Yeah my gaming expenses will take a hit but my social life won't.
Congrats buddy! That is great news. Wish you both a healthy marriage and to get old together.
My abdomen hurts aches a lot from coughing so much. Must get better soon so I can taste food, lol.
Get well soon my friend. Must have been some serious coughing to make your tummy ache?
Bad sale, good prices in Russia.
>_> why are you reminding us of the good old times when it is now gone? Or do you know something we don't?
Nuuvem has Injustice for $1.41 ( or 10% less with the discount code tE43Fe7ZmlHS )

It says there is no region lock. (Thanks to Honeybaked Ham on CAG)

I thought I got a deal for 3.99 :(

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1524-injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition
Woah! This is an awesome deal! I am not into fighting games but I am sure this will make a jolly good gift :)
I really don't care whether they do it for profit or garnering goodwill or whatever. Just anything to get MGS collection on PC.
It's 2015 and I'm still waiting for a game that is as half as good as KZ2 when it comes to hit feedback/reactions. I thought that with next-gen such a thing would start being common, but no dice. It's a shame.

2wqzjnqxdjj6.gif

2114128yojqc.gif

behw1ca3jzz.gif

dvoniry8juz.gif
Oh man. All those memories. Killzone was so much fun.
really loved the third one especially. So much variety in levels and colors and weapons. Such great, great shooters. So unique.

Haunted

I remember RAGE having some pretty good hit reactions. But those animations were canned. With IK and procedural animation on the rise, we should really have some better examples at this point.

Need more Euphoria tech in games with actual satisfying gunplay (so, no Rockstar titles).

edit: Killzone 2 is the only good entry in the series

I remember RAGE having some pretty good hit reactions. But those animations were canned. With IK and procedural animation on the rise, we should really have some better examples at this point.

Need more Euphoria tech in games with actual satisfying gunplay (so, no Rockstar titles).

edit: Killzone 2 is the only good entry in the series
Isn't Euphoria owned by Zynga now?

Also, Killzone Mercenary is a really good entry into the series, only real downside being it's really short and really easy(Took me 3hrs to complete on the highest difficulty setting)

Teeth

The lack of hit animations like the ones in KZ2 in other games isn't a technical issue, it's an art/animation/pipeline workflow/focus issue.

Those could have been done in any shooter of the PS360/PC era (or equivalent), it's just a bunch of work and there are so many other things to focus on when making a game. Not everyone gets 4 years and near blank cheque to make their shooters.

Not to take anything away from Guerilla, some of the best artists in the biz there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom