• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I do have the base Dark Souls 2 that's why I am thinking of not getting the Sins version anytime soon.

It is sad that DLC for a lot of games don't get the same high discounts :(
oh if you already have the base game then just get the dlc dude, it's really good and very much worth whatever they're asking

if i were you i'd wait until you have the dlc to play it. i went back to my ng++ to play the dlc and i found the difficulty super weird from not playing for a couple of months

Anybody have any strategies for Darkest Dungeon and their bosses? I feel like ive plateud in terms of ability to finish dungeons. The only boss ive beaten is the apprentice necromancer and i cant even imagine going through the higher level dungeons

I caved in and bought RE Revelations 2, can't wait! It's region locked on the activation level only right? Stupid question to ask after the fact haha.

Edit, bought it from Nuuvem.

Yes. Did you get the full bundle? I'm wondering if a few maps and characters for raid mode are worth the extra cash. Pricing seems odd considering the differences in content. On nuuven it's mitigated by the low price but still...

Monooboe

Yes. Did you get the full bundle? I'm wondering if a few maps and characters for raid mode are worth the extra cash. Pricing seems odd considering the differences in content. On nuuven it's mitigated by the low price but still...

I did get the full bundle, but you're right that it might not be worth it, I was somehow under the impression that the full bundle was the only way to get those bonus episodes but see now that they are in the other pack also. Still though, 19 euros didn't sting too much.:D

Since the Nuuvem region warning on Resident Evil Revelations 2 says "REGION LOCKED: This game can not be played outside the Americas." that means no VPN is needed for anything if you're in the US right?

Since the Nuuvem region warning on Resident Evil Revelations 2 says "REGION LOCKED: This game can not be played outside the Americas." that means no VPN is needed for anything if you're in the US right?

This item is only purchasable in United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

So yeah, that's the list of countries were it can be purchased "officially", and therefore played"

Does it really take 90+ hours to get through Agarest? I did not anticipate it taking that long....

Finished up the Painted World in Dark Souls. Pretty sweet place, except for those fucking crow people.

Also got the tail dagger, so that's awesome.

Btw how did you like Dark Souls 1 & 2?
I am kinda excited for DS2 coming from DS1 with the most joy I had in a game in a long, long time. But on the other side I am not sure if it is advised to play them back to back. Some opinions of folks who played them both would be nice.

They both have their pros and cons. I personally find DS2 more 'hardcore' between the two. I disliked the streamlining of the upgrading and the insta-warp to anywhere right from the start.

If you loved DS1, chances are you'll enjoy the 2nd as well.

rtcn63

Is Besiege actually fun, or is it more a gif generator? And for consumers, not just creators.

Unrelated- I'm watching last week's Suits, and Almost Lover started playing during one of the later scenes and... it was awkward.

AHA-Lambda

Just started playing Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, already hooked. It's great when you sit down and discover a series you know little to nothing about and find yourself enraptured ^_^

Chariot

Is Besiege actually fun, or is it more a gif generator? And for consumers, not just creators.
You can't really be a consumer without being a creator. There are not set machines in the game, you have to build them yourself. Building and testing is the fun in the game. So your fun depends on how much fun you have with creating something out of nothing and to test failures of your imagination until you have a working or amazing product.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I played a couple hours of Resident Evil 4 HD last night. This is game is not as good as I remember it. It was probably one of the best games of its generation but some of the gameplay decisions are very frustrating.

I was on chapter 1-2 maybe where you meet the first merchant. I used the double door right outside the save point to sort of bottleneck the baddies. I'd kick the door open whenever there were a couple dudes outside. They couldn't hit me through the door if the door was closed, but they could hit me through the door if it was open. Knifing someone in the face doesn't stop them in their grab animation. If there is a baddie on top of the house by the chest that throws and you kick the door open, he WILL hit you as you don't have enough time to move out of the way.

Ozium

why is it in every general PC gaming thread on gaming side people claim that in order to get a game to run on PC you have to "tinker with it for hours"

wtf? 98% o the games on PC I play I just hit "play" on Steam and it starts...

zkylon

zkylewd
why is it in every general PC gaming thread on gaming side people claim that in order to get a game to run on PC you have to "tinker with it for hours"

yeah, that's really weird

i used to fiddle around with the settings a while ago but now i just like set it to high/medium and forget about it

and you could easily not do even that

MRORANGE

Because PC gaming is hard:

Come on breh, I just said I don't give a damn what someone likes, it's their own taste.

1. PC gaming is extremely expensive, it can cost thousands of dollars.

2. PC gaming is extremely complicated, you spend more time tinkering with the settings than playing the games.

3. It doesn't have that many exclusives, only mmo's.

4. There's viruses everywhere.

5. Everyone is cheating in all mp games.

6. You can't play on the couch with a controller.

7. You have to upgrade every 1-2 years.

8. The games don't even look that much better.

9. Mods are stupid, you should play the game the way the dev wanted you to play.

I could go on forever, but these are a few things people have said on the Internet to help others avoid PC gaming.

Like others have said before, when PC gamers try to counter with actual facts, (and yes, there are some douchebags who use insults or have condescending tones while explaining, it's true) the facts are completely ignored while instead yelling about elitism and how dare someone tell others that they're wrong.

At the very heart of the problem, this all stems from misinformation due to not caring about PC gaming in the first place. So yea, they do go hand-in-hand.

People shouldn't have to justify what they game on, and I'd be one of the first to agree that some PC gamers are jerks about this, but if they are going to justify it, dont use lies.

Not sure to be honest, I'm the same way, the only time I have to fiddle with settings is when I'm trying to downsample(I'm a downsampling noop :p)

I've given up trying to understand how ignorant some people can be about PC gaming, I would right a longer post explaining why but I'm still tinkering with my games settings and I will continue to do so for hours, so I don't really have the time.

Mr. Doop

For me, tinkering a PC game doesn't usually go beyond changing the controls a little.

Tinker is a stupid word and I hate it now.

For me, tinkering a PC game doesn't usually go beyond changing the controls a little.

Tinker is a stupid word and I hate it now.

header.jpg

Mimimi Productions are crying now, I hope you're happy.

Injustice is pretty good.
Love the interactive/dynamic backgrounds and how much care was put into creating the moveset of each character.
Lots of content too.
A euro well spent.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Have you seen how complex PCs are? You can't just delete a console like you can a computer.

NAn3ojT.gif

oh if you already have the base game then just get the dlc dude, it's really good and very much worth whatever they're asking

if i were you i'd wait until you have the dlc to play it. i went back to my ng++ to play the dlc and i found the difficulty super weird from not playing for a couple of months
Eeeehhhh? Really? Just checked and it is 25$ holy smokes! Cheapest ever 15€. Don't know if I can wait with DS2 till the price gets affordable.

Is the DLC really that important to have when playing DS2?
Is it like in DS1 completely separate world or intertwined in the main game?
Finished up the Painted World in Dark Souls. Pretty sweet place, except for those fucking crow people.
Also got the tail dagger, so that's awesome.
Congrats on the dagger. Yep, Painted world was also one of my favs. Maybe it is the snowy landscape or the really great level design with lots of secrets or the many new and uniqe enemies there but I liked it a lot.

It is also the best place for soul farming, haha.
They both have their pros and cons. I personally find DS2 more 'hardcore' between the two. I disliked the streamlining of the upgrading and the insta-warp to anywhere right from the start.
If you loved DS1, chances are you'll enjoy the 2nd as well.
I don't know, I found the ability to warp in DS1 to be too late in the game. Most of what I know is from speevy's streams and I liked what I saw. Especially the new inventory interface looks much faster because there is no need to scroll all the freaking time. That got on my nerves a bit in DS1.

I've given up trying to understand how ignorant some people can be about PC gaming, I would right a longer post explaining why but I'm still tinkering with my games settings and I will continue to do so for hours, so I don't really have the time.

There's no excuse to be ignorant about it in this day and age, they just don't want to know and it's their loss.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eeeehhhh? Really? Just checked and it is 25$ holy smokes! Cheapest ever 15€. Don't know if I can wait with DS2 till the price gets affordable.

Is the DLC really that important to have when playing DS2?
Is it like in DS1 completely separate world or intertwined in the main game?
i think most ppl agree they're the best areas in dks2 and i just didn't enjoy going back to it after months of not playing. it just felt like i was out of tune with the game you know?

i actually didn't beat dlc 2 when it released and started a new playthrough shortly after dlc3 was about to be released so i just finished it all on my other character instead of my ng++ "main" character

i mean the base game is pretty decent, but if you can wait a month and a half and check out the price on the ripoff edition i would do that

edit: oh and it's separate areas

I don't know, I found the ability to warp in DS1 to be too late in the game. Most of what I know is from speevy's streams and I liked what I saw. Especially the new inventory interface looks much faster because there is no need to scroll all the freaking time. That got on my nerves a bit in DS1.
i think literally all the streamlining with the exception of soul memory were improvements

upgrading is 10x more enjoyable
no gfwl is amazing
adaptability and vigor are generally nice stat ideas, not terrible not bad
covenants are simpler and better
"free" warping is fine, tho i feel like it made the general world design feel a bit more disjointed or whatever. it feels a bit more like demons souls than dark 1
estus system in dark 2 is better
respeccing is cool
ascetics are cool
interface is 100x better
i like being invaded while human
"humanity" also works better imo

Monooboe

Aaah, all done with Grow Home, even got all the achievements, or those that are in game now, seems they are preparing an update to the game with more to do and new achievements. Loved the game.

Got me wondering if they will take some of the climbing ideas and implement them in an Assassins Creed game, would be quite sweet.

Because PC gaming is hard:

God that thread is fucking terrible. PC gaming has a RANGE, which people tend to leave out.

- you CAN spend thousand of dollars.
- you CAN spend hours tinkering.

Or you can spend a few hundred and just press PLAY and be good.

Interface is much better in 2, but I like the warping in 1. Like you said, it MAY be around to late, but I liked warping to AREAS instead of warping to whatever bonfire you want....really broke the connectivity of the world IMO.

Enable 60fps, use the DLC weapons and turn of battle animations.

A lot of time is wasted on these things. And after each generation the game got harder and harder and the DLC weapons were kinda useless after generation 3.

awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm considering making a website that would act as a gaming PC port tips site. As in, a site that would have a repository of ways to fix common issues with certain ports, instead of needing to google search any / every technical issue you have with a game.

This is probably already done somewhere, or dumb, but I'm super tired and felt like spit-balling this. Lol

Sounds like PCGamingwiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom