• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord. I have been googling and trying out stuff for so long now but I can't figure out how to mux an mp4 video with a m4a audio file :/

I tried avidemux at first but it wouldn't open the video file. In handbrake the video file loaded but I couldn't add an audio track.

Help please.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Didn't even see it until zooming in. Doesn't look that bad to me.
But wow, TN really has one of the best face modellers.

The faces and the skin looks amazing. (and sweat and dirt too I suppose)
ib2epJ3HP3Rrwb.PNG

Turfster

Amazon has The Evil Within (physical) 50% off, 19.99$

Bundlestars Trinity Bundle
Price: 2.66€
  • Pixel Boy and the Ever Expanding Dungeon
  • Stronghold 3 Gold
  • iO
  • Revenge of the Titans
  • NAM
  • Eradicator
  • The Terrian Saga
  • Sentinel
  • Legend of Aethereus
  • Shiny the firefly

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I'm gonna ask.

Steam gets more new games than PS4, Xbone, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita combined.

Why are we talking about these platforms so much lately?

ExoSoul

Banned
Okay, I'm gonna ask.

Because there's less games each of them get more spotlight time. With steam it's spread so thin that you only have a murky image of things, only from time to time a game truly shines on its own merits.

Okay, be it a console exclusive or not, this sounds quite bad.

hMGGpMy.png

I would expect short games to be really replayable.
The review thread will be interesting at least.

yuraya

hMGGpMy.png

Short games are fine. Just not $60 fine. If they charged $40 or $30 for it than there wouldn't be so much complaints.

Okay, I'm gonna ask.

Obvious.

It's because deep down we all know that consoles are the place for gaming and we just can't be as happy with PC gaming.

Nabs

Dark Souls is now officially Steamworks. They removed the family sharing block and everything.

Removed exfgls – 1
Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp211420\SteamKey
Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
Removed state – eStateComingSoonNoPreload
Added releasestate – released

Grief.exe

Dark Souls is now officially Steamworks. They removed the family sharing block and everything.

edit: Well, I'm not 100% sure. They did all the hard lifting in the registry, but I don't know if it's live yet.

They also capitalized the store name because the Japanese know that will get people's attention.

fantomena

hMGGpMy.png

Im gonna dig myself into the game when my review copy arrives tommorrow. Have to check for myself the game length,

Bigby

edit: Well, I'm not 100% sure. They did all the hard lifting in the registry, but I don't know if it's live yet.

Yeah, it's gone, the made the beta branch default.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They also capitalized the store name because the Japanese know that will get people's attention.

It's a Japanese publisher peculiarity of wanting the name to match the cover art. For example, Final Fantasy VII is FINAL FANTASY VII:
header.jpg

Resident Evil 4 is resident evil 4:
header.jpg

And Dark Souls is now DARK SOULS:
header.jpg

Dark Souls Franchise daily deal pls!

A sale is definitely on the cards as the sub received a nondescript update when the patch went live.

MUnited83

For you.
It's a Japanese publisher peculiarity of wanting the name to match the cover art. For example, Final Fantasy VII is FINAL FANTASY VII:

A sale is definitely on the cards as the sub received a nondescript update when the patch went live.

Yeah, a sale is pretty much certain, happened with most of the games that got a steamworks patch. The thing I'm wondering is that if they will put Dark Souls 2 on sale as well as that is the one I need to get. Hopefully the season pass is also discounted.

Kagemusha

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Love -- MB-E0252354AA6F411F - Taken by ExoSoul
Procyon -- MB-92AB05D001078D6F - Taken by derExperte
Terrian Saga KR-17 -- MB-2E06D1E6F1D5D522 - Taken by Nabs - Taken by r3n4ud
x

http://www.pcgamesn.com/valve-are-going-to-talk-about-vr-physics-engines-and-opengl-at-gdc

lol they based this article on the ValveTime.net entry and turned it into a hype article

While none of the talks are about specific games it’s very likely the developers will use Valve’s upcoming games as examples in their presentations.

yes, obviously Valve is going to do product placements in totally unrelated talks

"sup everyone, we are here with Khronos to reveal the next generation of OpenGL

so

here's Half-Life 3 running on our brand new engine, Source 2, oh and btw it's using glNext"

Do they plan on releasing their own headset?

how many times does it need to be said they aren't making a consumer headset? It's not even related to the talk lol

So, excited to see if Valve will talk about Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3, or the long awaited sequel to Ricochet at GDC?

they won't talk about them bud

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

Oh wow, that's a really good observation. It explains so much!

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-ECD40071D34822EE
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout -- MB-2458F209B0F5EE9A - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-39B0186195143105 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN: Last Hope for the Young Century -- MB-AC7A420FE409E461 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Project Night -- MB-22F423677B3A6A57 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Barter Empire -- MB-5D238EE506D232C2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Ilamentia -- MB-00A1A010A15AECD7 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-C593F1395215CFC4 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-820163A1F8DD5024 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Yelaxot -- MB-42B48D2CE29BF5FF - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-D4C15670FA9CFEEC - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-CDAE79989EFB5A29 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
ClusterPuck 99 -- MB-893286594A75BE9D - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.

t1424111091z1.png

tumblr_nir46ya84l1rbgebbo1_400.gif

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF is LEGO Hobbit good choice for first LEGO game to play? I only played a bit of LEGO Batman when i was testing OnLive.

P.S. I just found out that Steam Client is finally opening links in new window when you use middle button on mouse (you had to use CTRL + Left button before). :D

Lomax

Hey SteamGAF is LEGO Hobbit good choice for first LEGO game to play? I only played a bit of LEGO Batman when i was testing OnLive.

P.S. I just found out that Steam Client is finally opening links in new window when you use middle button on mouse (you had to use CTRL + Left button before). :D

Honestly I'd probably go with one of the other ones, The Hobbit seems to be more buggy than some of the others, plus it's "incomplete" (it only has the first two movies). If you're a huge fan of Tolkien I'd go with LotR or just play whichever license interests you the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom