• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

Borderlands Syndrome
Never heard of that one before? People are hating on Borderlands now?^^;

I played WD recently and it was pretty balls. Maybe you've played better open world games since then and now you realized that you erred in that judgment?

Might be, it probably came out when I was really starved for open world games. I still really like the gamepley of jump from security cam to the next and trying to take out people that way.

Parsnip

What difficulty is this? I think tomorrow I will try with Jill, the fact I don't need to defeat the plant is a plus, also I don't need to bother with playtime so I can take my time.

Since difficulty doesn't matter for the achievement I went with very easy because why not.

Ah shame. Thanks guys.

Just got Injustice and Crimson Clover for 2,50€.

Both not my type of games but quite some people do have it on their WLs.

MRORANGE

PC Gaming Threads should be up to date now.

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 3
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread 2 of Voiding Warranties
Mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Alienware Alpha first impressions and benchmarks
Portable PC Gaming Thread | Play Crysis on a $99 tablet
Comfy Couch PC Gaming Thread | Cheap streaming is now here

PC Controllers
How to use your XBO controller as a PC controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
How to use your PS3 controller as a PC controller
How to use your Wii U Pro Padc controller as a PC controller

Mods and Enhancements
PC Performance Threads - A big thanks to blackMamba1187
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"
The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod
Crysis 2 - PC modding and tweaking
Deus Ex New Vision Graphical Overhaul
A3D (Aureal) wrapper
OpenRA C&C remaster project
The Thief Collection: Tweaks
Final Fantasy XIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha
MGS Ground Zeroes editing tools released
Deus Ex Revision

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD
RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game
Supermodel (Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator)
3DS Emulator Citra Boots First Commercial Game
EmulationStation | A pretty UI for launching your games
Xenia | Xbox 360 Emulator, News & Updates

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2015
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sim Thread
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2015
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2015 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread
Emulator Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread
Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.
Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread
Fan made Shenmue HD project
Let's build a Sega Dreamcast game from scratch - Breakout

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2015
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition
10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!
PC gamers: What is the most comfortable desk chair ever?

Parsnip

Steam's cloud 4 server is having issues again it seems, screenshots in activity feed aren't loading.

Yes, no need to suffer more.
How much the fight with the plant took from you?

I went in with full health and 2 doses of red+green mix and they were just enough. Could have brought more of course but was too lazy to backtrack to the storage chest and went with what I had with me. Limped out at red caution (but not danger). I did v-jolt with Rebecca so that helped.

I think there is a problem with this price. How is the vanilla game more expansive than the bundle including the vanilla game and DLC?
Are those DLC so bad that they need to pay me 1₺ to get them with the game?
ocbymy.png

So I went ahead and bought Amazing Spider-Man 2 since I did have some interest in it and I think JaseC or someone else pointed out the sale may be a sign of it being pulled from the store soon. I like it so far. It's definitely not a game I would spend $40+ on. I would buy the first Amazing Spider-Man game too to just have the whole franchise but it seems like a lot of AMD users either can't play it or have really terrible performance with it since it launched and even now. I don't want to spend $10 on something that may not even run.

I think there is a problem with this price. How is the vanilla game more expansive than the bundle including the vanilla game and DLC?
Are those DLC so bad that they need to pay me 1₺ to get them with the game?
ocbymy.png

It's intentional. Bethesda pulled the same thing with the Skyrim Legendary Collection (game + DLCs), where buying them separately was 3-4x more expensive than the collection itself. It's a real jerk move against people that bought it at release.

Going to start up Wasteland 2 tonight. Do I need to know anything before jumping in?
I'd advise against using shotguns. They're pretty useless.

Also, don't spread a characters' skills too thin or overlap skills much, because it will only hurt you in the long run. Focus on a core set of skills and accept that you won't be able to get everything; this is just how Wasteland 2 is designed. Keep in mind that you can get up to two NPC companions to fill in any holes you have in your lineup.

And, lastly, in Wasteland 2 anything goes. There's several ways to solve most objectives, even if it isn't immediately obvious.

Good luck.

Last Edit for real
The Wasteland 2 OT is here if you were unaware.

Annubis

So I played Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook and I'm fairly impressed.

First thing first: it's a very short game but I won't hold that against it because 1$ bundle.

For a dating sim, it does some fairly interesting things that you don't really see anywhere else. In no particular order:
  • As the game begins, you break up with your current girlfriend and you have the option to try and reconquer her.
  • All the girls are related and being friendly with one girl can be useful for another. An example would be a girl telling you this really uplifting phrase in one scene that you then get as an extra choice when trying to cheer up another girl.
  • Focusing only on the girl you want is an assured failure.
PROS:
  • The 4 girls are very interesting and well done.
  • Some of the music is good
  • The graphics are OK (not creepy giant eyed monsters a la Duplicity)

I'll mirror what was said before on this game about farming, which is that it's useless and even detrimental. There is zero issue at all with your field looking like this
6MILXec.jpg

Yes, those are weeds everywhere

Overall, I'd recommend buying the indiegala bundle if you haven't yet and if you did, you should give this game a try as it's only 1-2 hours long.

Terra_Ex

Going to start up Wasteland 2 tonight. Do I need to know anything before jumping in?
Be sure to recruit a certain person into your party before you leave the first area, they'll act as a nice safety buffer in the early game. Don't overlap skills where possible. Doing the AG Centre instead of Highpool may be more difficult. Ammo may seem scarce in the early game but it will even out later on (but this is important when tackling the aforementioned areas). Things could have changed with recent balancing patches though.

I think I should've done this before.

sq76hos.jpg

me-too-me-too
7tq6o7H.png

Kinda dumb as I am so hooked on Wasteland I won't be playing anything else in a month

I'd advise against using shotguns. They're pretty useless.

Shotguns (good ones) have their uses, totally rocked me through prison as I can easily get triple crits WHILE I mow down things enemies are hiding behind for my sniper to snap out. Feels good man

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's intentional. Bethesda pulled the same thing with the Skyrim Legendary Collection (game + DLCs), where buying them separately was 3-4x more expensive than the collection itself. It's a real jerk move against people that bought it at release.

Actually, the individual DLC items are also 75% off, as is the DLC bundle ($2.49 for the lot versus $3.46). Acti just didn't lower the price of the base game when it made the game + DLC bundle -- the former has been $50 since the day it went up.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of TheAutomator, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings -- MB-1644C43402CB9E6F - Taken by The Reloader. 33 entrants total.

t1424123151z1.png

Arthea

Actually, the individual DLC items are also 75% off, as is the DLC bundle ($2.49 for the lot versus $3.46). Acti just didn't lower the price of the base game when it made the game + DLC bundle -- the former has been $50 since the day it went up.

you know everything about licenses. I have Spiderman 2 on my wishlist and I got e-mail from valve, so much for not checking sales and being safe. (><)
I kinda promised not to buy anything till summer sale
except 5 games on my list and I already broken this promise once.
Do you think it's possible they pull Spiderman games before summer sale, or can I wait?
The second game is a tad more expensive than I was willing to pay too...

no one ever talks about Okamiden

we'll talk when it's on steam, no worries ;)
nobody but me talks about Crystal Story II too and it's on steam!

JaseC

To clarify the NOLF thing, Night Dive hasn't been awarded the trademark yet. What happened is that WB's challenge was unsuccessful and so the trademark re-entered the "Published for opposition" phase, which lasts 30 days. Judging from other trademarks that were contested before release, however, it could be 30 days plus a few weeks until the trademark is formally Night Dive's -- assuming of course that nobody else comes out of the woodwork, but given WB opposed at the eleventh hour, I don't think ND needs to worry about that.

thesethingstheytaketime.gif

Shotguns (good ones) have their uses, totally rocked me through prison as I can easily get triple crits WHILE I mow down things enemies are hiding behind for my sniper to snap out. Feels good man

Really? Huh. I guess I never found a good one.

Oh, that's a good point. Bethesda never discounted did equal discounts once the Skyrim Collection was released.

I reckon it's still intentional, though.

JaseC

Oh, that's a good point. Bethesda never discounted did equal discounts once the Skyrim Collection was released.

I reckon it's still intentional, though.

Possibly, especially given how much time has passed, but, yeah, definitely not a Bethesdaesque situation. ;)

BlueCrow

Neo Member
It says that Crusader Kings II is free for the week, but nothing happens when you click 'Play Game' (I already restarted Steam) :(
c8lJfbj.png

It's really weird how RE Revelations 2 charges an additional $15 for a character and some maps for Raid Mode.
Even on nuuvem where the difference comes down to less than 5 euros the more expensive version doesn't seem worth it.

Monooboe

It's really weird how RE Revelations 2 charges an additional $15 for a character and some maps for Raid Mode.
Even on nuuvem where the difference comes down to less than 5 euros the more expensive version doesn't seem worth it.

I agree, kind of regret getting the more expensive one. A character and maps wouldn't even cost that much if it was released as DLC.o_O

MattyG

Banned
So I know that a lot of lisenced games get pulled from Steam, but how long do we think the Spider-Man games are gonna be around? Should I grab them now just in case?

I've been playing Evolved all day.

I was upset because my fps was dropping as low as 14 with everything on high, 1080p.

This is on a 7850.

I dropped a lot of things to medium and it didn't really help.

I finally read someone saying they had to drop texture quality to medium on a modern game for a 2GB memory graphics card, so I tried that and now I have a pretty stable 30, even if I turn everything else up to Very High.

It's interesting because I was getting really low fps dips even thugh HWiNFO was never showing GPU utilization going above 80%.

To anyone having trouble getting good performance on a similar card, try dialing down texture detail in particular.

Ozium

bundlestars is continuing its reign I see... I almost grabbed Pixel Boy, but thought better of it... every new bundlestars bundle has had like 2-4 games on my wishlist in it..

I'm convinced Bundlestars is tracking my clicks on the steam store.... and I don't care

Now that i see that image, someone over at Capcom needs to be raked over the coals for not bringing Okami HD over to PC already. The PS3 version is so damn well optimized that it's actuallly downsampled from a resolution near 4K to a native 1080p on the freaking PS3

I mean, if sega can find 3 dudes in an dirty dark alley to bring Valkyria Chronicles over to PC and have that be a great port then surely Okami HD shouldn't be too tough. Plus, maybe someone will finally mod out the last 20-30 hours to make it a more succinct and better paced experience.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Draconian Wars -- MB-AFED00D690CCB29C - Taken by Diedac. 6 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-8397C6E19D87A501 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
Analogue A Hate Story -- MB-7D7152DC8B62B809 - Taken by darkchewie. 12 entrants total.
TEX MURPHY UNDER A KILLING MOON -- MB-CAFF9A48A835CCAE - Taken by cardinalmind. 7 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN Last Hope for the Young Century -- MB-34DCD9551DE88CEA - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Zigfrak -- MB-474461A5616FEDAF - Taken by bobnowhere. 8 entrants total.
TERRA INCOGNITA THE DESCENDANT -- MB-7C0D5C5C625CA2DA - Taken by Chreznor. 6 entrants total.
EDNA & HARVEY: THE BREAKOUT -- MB-495B8DC1CE1858AC - Taken by fspm. 8 entrants total.
Cognition An Erica Reed Thriller GOTY -- MB-75DE7219C04DBF7E - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
UFO Aftermath -- MB-89A257BBA7255C2C - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-D8D0A93F24F5151A - Taken by Catshade. 10 entrants total.
The Detail Episode 1 Where the Dead Lie -- MB-603E29E7D3E5F16C - Taken by Annubis. 4 entrants total.
The Whispered World Special Edition -- MB-B3CC561BC563A852 - Taken by rostocker. 1 entrants total.
SID MEIER'S COVERT ACTION -- MB-93FC420A1BD1EB35 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 4 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-3081EADC73046D62 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold 3 Gold -- MB-8821993FA0D0B261 - Taken by anastef. 12 entrants total.
Solar Struggle -- MB-214B767860916994 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword 1 Shadow of the Templars -- MB-00EB3A6E6A97B790 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Procyon -- MB-435B73428736C6A9 - Taken by fenners. 4 entrants total.
Chronicles of a Dark Lord Ep 1 Tides of Fate Complete -- MB-51BB8A5AE621B830 - Taken by Conrad Link. 2 entrants total.
Love -- MB-7C6D62CE477A096E - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Kinetic Void -- MB-88AE0860EF0F15C6 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
UFO Aftershock -- MB-8C4A0DE7DD36DAF6 - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ DELUXE -- MB-A2F5960E85DE9EF0 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Terrian Saga KR-17 -- MB-44D235BA92599FBB - Taken by Blu(e). 7 entrants total.
Squirreltopia -- MB-EA6F741595D1D432 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 The Smoking Mirror -- MB-4933618BED74FF75 - Taken by Naked Snake. 1 entrants total.
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-937425E8C011FCE1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-FDCAF94C41CCB6E9 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-FB72B91876ACF75D - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.

t1424133172z1.png

Really? Huh. I guess I never found a good one.

Yup, I found shotguns fairly useless until I found a good one in Damonta I think (might have been Rail Nomads Camp too). Around 20-29 base damage and like 50% crit chance + Roses lvl 9 shotgunning -> 100% hit chance and 4AP makes it pretty devastating, considering the blast range with that gun is like 9 squares too. I had Skotchmo with the same kind of combo and in some fights that was just superb (like something dumb like 7 Honey beavers). Other fights it did suck though (elevated Red Skorpions etc)

Locust

It's pretty much $15 extra for just Wesker, costume pack, soundtrack and artbook(?) because throwback pack is a preorder bonus for normal version now.
They should at least throw in a giftable copy of the map pack to the expensive one.

Hasn't Sega effectively already released the perfect PC version? They just streamlined it by removing the first and last 20 hours.

It is by far the strongest version.

har harrrr

what i was getting at was that if they 3 underpaid janitors over at Sega HQ could whip up a great PC port of a PS3 game then surely capcom could get some folks to bring this over for minimal effort and great potential gains.

JaseC

So I know that a lot of lisenced games get pulled from Steam, but how long do we think the Spider-Man games are gonna be around? Should I grab them now just in case?

I assume the games will be safe until at least December/January, which is the point Acti raises the axe above the licences it doesn't want to keep around as its FY follows the calendar year. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is presumably a dead project now that Sony and Marvel are buddies, so I fully expect Acti to give the licence the flick when the time comes.

It's pretty much $15 extra for just Wesker, costume pack, soundtrack and artbook(?) because throwback pack is a preorder bonus for normal version now.
They should at least throw in a giftable copy of the map pack to the expensive one.

Wow, I didn't even know that. The map pack was by far the most substantial part of the extra content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom