• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

guys... I had such a boss fight in Crystal Story II that I'm afraid to continue, it was that hard and long, after miserably losing couple of times, I spend few hours crafting and leveling equipment and finally killed that wannabe ninja. But what if other left bosses are even harder?
Also why nobody plays it, when I can't stop? 45 hours and counting. (><)
Will right a review later, now I need to finish all postgame stuff still, well I did most but not all yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just went through my Steam library to hide all of the ultra-bundle turds that I will never, ever, ever, ever under any circumstances play. 497 games hidden. That's being super generous, where if I looked at the game and it even seemed like something I might conceivably play some day if only for a minute, I didn't hide it.

Arthea

Story about my Uncle at -75%, everybody jump in!

nope, can't do!
G2Hjx5x.png

not gonna play any time soon, I'll wait

Just went through my Steam library to hide all of the ultra-bundle turds that I will never, ever, ever, ever under any circumstances play. 497 games hidden. That's being super generous, where if I looked at the game and it even seemed like something I might conceivably play some day if only for a minute, I didn't hide it.

Wow. I think I only have one game hidden... Then again I have less than 100 games total.

I forgot we can hide now, need to get on that.

Arthea

497! harsh!
How do you decide you don't want them if you haven't played yet?

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to send a thank you message.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Love -- MB-6CAF94F55FCA9668 - Taken by Loptous
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-524D741EFE21B51F - Taken by gaiadyne
Terria Saga KR-17 #2 -- MB-B562124A879B59BB - Taken by GaussTek
Pixel Boy and the Ever Expanding Dungeon -- MB-4F188F02A94DD277 - Taken by madjoki
Sentinel -- MB-638C4F35AC5ED49B - Taken by Baron_Calamity
t1cxE6r.gif
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-68A31F9700C5A9F7 - Taken by yoshizzle

One of the Terria Saga games I won earlier from Kagemusha, but already have it. Sorry about that. Also, I just picked up Pixel boy for $4 yesterday and of course it's in a bundle today :/

Edit: Hmm, guess I'll renuke the extra Terria key and do another giveaway

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Terrian Saga KR-17 -- MB-2E06D1E6F1D5D522 - Taken by Nabs

how do you do

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for TheAutomator:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheAutomator, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings -- MB-1644C43402CB9E6F - Taken by The Reloader. 33 entrants total.

t1424123151z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
My man. I personally have a little over half my game collection hidden at this point.

Anteater

I remember saying that when FFXIII was announced for steam and got quoted with the following reply:

Yeah, hooray for monopoly.

I actually don't quite understand that view, on pc, there are other digital distributions, so publishers could release their games on other stores as well or their own, I guess steamworks is kind of monopoly?

but the thing is that it's a monopoly with consoles as well, it's not like those games were released on more than 2 platforms.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
497! harsh!
How do you decide you don't want them if you haven't played yet?

That's not a very difficult thing to do. Does it look hideous? Is it in a genre I hate? Does it have a grammar or spelling error in the title? Does it have Negative Steam reception, an unusually tough distinction of turdiness? Do I not remember buying the game at all? If the answer to all of these things is yes at the same time, it's a pretty good bet I'm not going to be playing it.

In a lot of cases it's stuff where I bought a 6-game bundle to get one game and of the other 5, say, 2 or 3 are stuff I have no interest in but might try at some point and 2 or 3 are just unholy turds.

dex3108

Honestly I'd probably go with one of the other ones, The Hobbit seems to be more buggy than some of the others, plus it's "incomplete" (it only has the first two movies). If you're a huge fan of Tolkien I'd go with LotR or just play whichever license interests you the most.

Honestly i am not fan of the Hobbit movies i prefer book :D And i already decided to try Hobbit because that was most recent Tolkien book i read.

Arthea

That's not a very difficult thing to do. Does it look hideous? Is it in a genre I hate? Does it have a grammar or spelling error in the title? Does it have Negative Steam reception, an unusually tough distinction of turdiness? Do I not remember buying the game at all? If the answer to all of these things is yes at the same time, it's a pretty good bet I'm not going to be playing it.

In a lot of cases it's stuff where I bought a 6-game bundle to get one game and of the other 5, say, 2 or 3 are stuff I have no interest in but might try at some point and 2 or 3 are just unholy turds.

when you put it that way it makes sense, except for genre hate. There are genres that you plain refuse to give a chance at all?

This might be the best point to stop this bundle nonsense to keep this number or a kindle to the collectionist fire.
I'll think about this after checking the monday bundle junk.

I have successfully suppressed my urges to purchase a new 3ds XL by playing more Rogue Legacy and buying Rayman Legends for my vita for $6.

Still wanna pick one up down the line for the weird reason that i want to borrow my brother's Dragon Quest DS games and finally play through most of that series. Even then, might play DQIV on the iphone since i think the DS version is missing some content.

Dammit Dragon Quest, why you gotta be remade so many times and on so many platforms?

I actually don't quite understand that view, on pc, there are other digital distributions, so publishers could release their games on other stores as well or their own, I guess steamworks is kind of monopoly?

but the thing is that it's a monopoly with consoles as well, it's not like those games were released on more than 2 platforms.

It doesn't make any sense, it's a stupid thing to say.

Monooboe

This is so weird, I remember really liking Watch_Dogs when it came out, so I bought the season pass for the Bad Blood DLC and now I just hate doing anything in the game.o_O

This is so weird, I remember really liking Watch_Dogs when it came out, so I bought the season pass for the Bad Blood DLC and now I just hate doing anything in the game.o_O

I played WD recently and it was pretty balls. Maybe you've played better open world games since then and now you realized that you erred in that judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom