• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

The setting was interesting...
then they ruined it in the months to come after the reveal

how did they ruin it? I haven't followed the game since it was shown at E3 or wherever

it looks fun, honestly, like an episode of Doctor Who that takes place in Victorian times but with 4 captain jack's instead of the doctor

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
edit: what is the fate of SonyGAF once The Order 1886 actually comes out? What will they talk about?

GOTY Bloodborne comes out in a month. <3

The Order looks like a good rent. Bizarre reactions from all sides regarding this title.

Parsnip

Reading the Rise of the Tomb Raider latest screenshots thread, people are crazy. So many 'looks bad/crossgen/muddy/is this the 360 version' posts. Ugh. I mean come the fuck on.
I didn't see anyone call it a PS2 game, so I guess there's that.

Looks pretty good I think. Also the resolution of this one is 3790x2132. I hope they allow us to turn off the grain once it comes to PC though.

rise_of_the_tomb_raidzvu4b_by_majorparsnip-d8ibvza.jpg

I like the face better than either of the previous reboot versions.

ExoSoul

Banned
how did they ruin it? I haven't followed the game since it was shown at E3 or wherever

it looks fun, honestly, like an episode of Doctor Who that takes place in Victorian times but with 4 captain jack's instead of the doctor
The first thing they showed of the game afterwards were still QTEs, all interest i had deflated after that.
It's one of those games that could easily get a spot in my heart if the execution was done differently.

Jawmuncher

Reading the Rise of the Tomb Raider latest screenshots thread, people are crazy. So many 'looks bad/crossgen/muddy/is this the 360 version' posts. Ugh. I mean come the fuck on.

Looks pretty good I think. Also the resolution of this one is 3790x2132. I hope they allow us to turn off the grain once it comes to PC though.

Looks like a PS2 game,

But in seriousness though was really hoping we would be in a snow setting. Oh well at least it'll be a opposite from UC4. Jungles Vs Snow the real battle begins.

Momentary

Banned

I agree wholeheartedly with you. People are insane to think this looks like a crossgen experience.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Conrad Link, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bliss -- MB-9E1C69D814B02F8F - Taken by Dimitri2401. 6 entrants total.
Love -- MB-3A14400436A9F850 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.

t1424148412z1.png

Spreading my Love & Bliss all over my SteamGAF friends!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

well this CLEARLY looks like a PS1 game ... I mean - come on ....

SSPssp

Never buy a AAA title until the GOTY Edition is released with all the DLC and it hits a Steam sale for less than $10.

I don't care, I loved the reboot. Day one for me. And then double dip on PC. I hope Nuuvem is still an option, but they'll probably completely region lock it down by then.

thats lara? how many times are they planning on changing her face? you could've told me that was a completely new character and I wouldn't doubt that for a single second.

Jawmuncher

I don't care, I loved the reboot. Day one for me. And then double dip on PC. I hope Nuuvem is still an option, but they'll probably completely region lock it down by then.

They better not it's the only way I'll buy it "day 1". Undecided if I'll buy it on X1. Doubtful at launch though.

SSPssp

thats lara? how many times are they planning on changing her face? you could've told me that was a completely new character and I wouldn't doubt that for a single second.

Her face looks too clean. Her eyes are smaller too.

They better not it's the only way I'll buy it "day 1". Undecided if I'll buy it on X1. Doubtful at launch though.

Yeah, I might have to wait for a sale to get the Steam version. But yeah, they've (the publishers) have started to notice. Some of the games like Injustice are now purchase region locked when they weren't before. Too many people know about Nuuvem now that its all over Reddit.

Ozium

I forgot the new Tom B. Raider game was a bone exclusive... that explains a lot of the negative comments about it, tbqh

Jawmuncher

I might disappear for like a week starting sometime tomorrow. I'll be back on the 23rd give or take. Depends on if I'm allowed to keep my phone.

Last time I was gone we got VAlkyria Chronicles announced for PC. So hopefully something else good comes of it.

I forgot the new Tom B. Raider game was a bone exclusive... that explains a lot of the negative comments about it, tbqh

Crystal Dynamics is the only developer out there that has focus groups develop the entire game. What's not to like about such a safe, unoffensive game?

_hekk05

Banned
And then wait another year for the Definitive Edition.

But muh price mistakes and russian prices (rip russian bear, nuuvem is the rage now)

While I regret ever buying DR3 day one from the russian bear, I've gotten some pretty good deals day one. Shadow of mordor, a couple of DoA5 gifts.

Yeah, exclusive titles tend to get bashed as we can see on The Order & Tomb Raider thread.
PC exclusive titles, in the other hand, no one dare..
or care
:p

Yeah, I might have to wait for a sale to get the Steam version. But yeah, they've (the publishers) have started to notice. Some of the games like Injustice are now purchase region locked when they weren't before. Too many people know about Nuuvem now that its all over Reddit.
reddit makes things too hot. you find something cool that might get fixed? stfu, only tell your friends and thats it. post that shit on reddit say bye bye. for example, that shit not too long ago with people paying way cheaper eshop prices by switching it to russia or something, that got fixed in like a week by like what, tripling the prices or something? sometimes i wish reddit didn't exist :(

I hope everything on Nuuvem doesn't eventually get region locked.
I might disappear for like a week starting sometime tomorrow. I'll be back on the 23rd give or take. Depends on if I'm allowed to keep my phone.

Last time I was gone we got VAlkyria Chronicles announced for PC. So hopefully something else good comes of it.

damn yo, imy already <3 bring back our jawmuncher!

Yeah, exclusive titles tend to get bashed as we can see on The Order & Tomb Raider thread.
PC exclusive titles, in the other hand, no one dare..
or care
:p

we haven't seen anything of tomb raider so i got no opinion on that but I own a ps4 and I don't bash the order cause its exclusive, I bash it cause it looks boring as fuck. Looks like its mostly QTEs and shit. I bet you that game could be beaten in like 7 hours or something.

_hekk05

Banned

I think MS paid for that. It was coming for everything, they tried to whitewash it into bone exclusive, its now just a temporary exclusive window. Such bullshit.

There was a time people though MS finally went off the deep end and paid for total full exclusivity, due to some PR crap. Those were fun threads

we haven't seen anything of tomb raider so i got no opinion on that but I own a ps4 and I don't bash the order cause its exclusive, I bash it cause it looks boring as fuck. Looks like its mostly QTEs and shit. I bet you that game could be beaten in like 7 hours or something.

I also have zero interest on the Order. I'd rather watch 6 different movies marathon than paying $60 for that, and I can watch the whole game experience on Youtube. I'd rather not to discuss games that I have no interest though, that's why I'm avoiding those threads.

derExperte

nah you people are wilding out, it was gonna get made anyway. but its your money, spend it however you like.

There are reasons why it was RPGCodex' #2 RPG of the year and while HK would've happened no matter what why not pay in advance if you're buying anyway and make sure the budget is there for every planned feature?

From the KS page:

[....] we have more ideas than we have budget.

That's where you come in.

By backing the project, you'll increase our production budget and get more features, more improvements, and more game. Take a look at the funding goals below to see all the stuff we want to add.

zkylon

zkylewd

is that ellen page

or am i just seeing ellen page everywhere again

ArjanN

well if people are willing to collectively give 1 million dollars for a sequel to a game that has already shown market success like Shadowrun then why not?

Would you walk away from a fool and his money?

Despite kickstarter success for certain games, publishers most likely still won't fund these types of games, and even if they did it definitely wouldn't be without a lot of shitty conditions.

nah you people are wilding out, it was gonna get made anyway. but its your money, spend it however you like.

Shadowrun Dragonfall DC was probably my GOTY last year. And yeah, a version of the Hong Kong campaign would have come out, but now we get a much better version with more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom