• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

I didn't like the story and I got sick of going from place to place in the hub world by the end, but the basic thieving gameplay was fun for me.

I agree, the hub world got tiresome and they should have let you fast travel after some period of time. But the level design was pretty nice with plenty of different paths and the game allowed you to play whatever way you liked.

seeing as i would only be buying this bundle for MSS, I can patiently wait to see if the BTA games are any good or if i don't own them. Paying $6 just for MSS still seems like too much and I technically already have thief on the ps3 thru ps+

Turfster

I agree, the hub world got tiresome and they should have let you fast travel after some period of time. But the level design was pretty nice with plenty of different paths and the game allowed you to play whatever way you liked.

... Really?
So you didn't mind all the one-way doors, the narrow path funneling and the stupid DIAS "cinematic" scenes that could have been cutscenes for all the value they added that broke up your traversal?

jediyoshi

It's funny. For $5.67 I would've bought Murdered by itself no problem but for some reason because I own so much of the rest of the bundle surrounding it, it's giving me pause.

Bundle extra
ModBot said:
Instructions for NightmareTrigger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-F452E8D3D65DEEB6 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.

t1424203195z1.png

Humble Squenix 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Hitman GO (android)
TIER 2: BTA
  • Thief
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
TIER 3: 15$
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleepydogs
I only know from Turfster that Thief ain't worth it and Murdered doesn't do anything for me.

Sleeping Dogs is also way to high on a tier for my taste. I mean it doesn't have the dlc and is the old version probably.
But that tier 1 is pretty solid. Hitman Absolution is the only one missing Hitman game and the other two look also ok.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
... Really?
So you didn't mind all the one-way doors, the narrow path funneling and the stupid DIAS "cinematic" scenes that could have been cutscenes for all the value they added that broke up your traversal?

The game's biggest flaw is that levels are arbitrarily sectioned off for no discernible reason. I gave up on it soon after releasing that in the first mission (not the prologue) you lift a beam out of the way to progress but can't do the same to get back. The fundamental principle of Thief's level design -- fully open levels with multiple routes to goals -- is something that should have remained on the drawing board.

Here's an extra. Wheeeeee!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-81EE8B468653EFB6 - Taken by Kuroyume

Parsnip

This is just stupid. :l
I used the lighter only to retrieve the map and make the V-Jolt (the code of the door is random, so you need to light the three candles in the residence to discover it), so this means you NEED to fight the plant with the knife. Only helpfull thing would be do a Chris play and let Rebecca create the V-Jolt, but you still need to fight the plant on CQC.
Well, I miss only the invisible enemies run and the bombing zombie, but I won't do those now.

I used lighter to get the map and to get the v-jolt room code in Chris' game and got the achievement.
Maybe because Chris' lighter is in its own special slot it doesn't count? :p

Tizoc

For 10 Euros I'd be down for Hand of Fate, anyone care to gift me a copy and I can paypal them for it? 10 Euros are around $12.

Parsnip

I own everything from that bundle. Well, I don't own the DC of Deus Ex HR, but I own the original and the dlc, so eh. The bonus games better be really good or I guess I won't bite.

How is hitman go? Just got an android phone recently and heard it was alright.

It's neat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nope is right, Jase, for EU dude is 10€

I'm saying Humble's EU price is incorrect. It's 18.39 Eurobucks on Steam; ergo the Humble price is supposed to be 19.99 (1:1 conversion) but the 1 is missing.

Edit: Oh, the base price is 12.49. Still, my point remains: it's cheaper than it's supposed to be.

€12,49 €9,99

Doesn't look like a 1 is simply missing.

See above. If I wanted to be similarly smart about it I could say "Doesn't look like the price is correct either way." ;)

Backlogger

Pretty soon everyone will own this game
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-BF813FB1AD018D91 - Taken by RedFyn

r3n4ud

Been playing the latest Gas Guzzlers dlc, full metal zombie. Holy crap, when it reaches wave 4/10, you should see the size of some of the zombies, lol. The dlc is pricey, but loads of fun. You drive around on an open map, competing against other drivers to see who kills the most zombies. Great stuff.

Parsnip

I don't know, really. I used the lighter ONLY in those two istances, I avoided to take the flask at all and to grab any other weapon and tactical weapon.
I don't care, anyway, I'm done with the game.
I have no intention to do an invisible enemies run.
I didn't this for the achievement but because it was a challenge and a thing I never experimented, I won't do it again :p

I'm curious though, since you played Jill, did you pull the plug on that one tub that had a zombie in it, and Jill stomps his head in the cutscene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom