• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Lightning is too good for bundles, apparently... I think we've hit a point now where you can safely ignore everything non-FF that Square puts out and pick it up for pocket change a year later, should you be so inclined.

screw XIII , i don't care about it right now ( only LR )

All I needed from BTA was Thief, and luckily somebody already had it listed for $2 on ebay.

I haven't bought RE5 yet as I could not see Capcom doing this. I hope you guys get it included for free, but I would be very surprised.
yeah, i'm not really expecting it, seeing what they did with SF4. I'll be surprised too. Removing GFWL is already a big plus, anyway.

gore makes everything more dead, though ;)
Lol, the blood stains made the battlefield feel like something was constantly happening. You could look back at the beginning of the battle and have it completely transformed by the carnage. Whereas in the base game there's just the arrow shafts in more open fields like that.

The Order review thread is already a shitstorm and gave us this little gem:

I think we all know the answer to that...

But to sum things up.

Its a PlayStation exclusive which will bring the Xbox fans.

Its also the best looking video game of all time, from a £349 box which will bring the PC fans confusingly thinking how its possible when their set up is twice that amount.

Much like the Uncharted 2 and 3 threads.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Order review thread is already a shitstorm and gave us this little gem:

2015-02-17_23-00-45.jpg

To be fair I do think the Order is more visually impressive than any PC exclusive I've played. Although that has more to do with the budget
skill
and size of the team compared to most PC only devs than the power of the PS4.

It is limited in scale though compared to the Total War games or what have you obviously. Staying out of review threads is advisable in general, you can find the links yourself and you only find meltdowns and hysteria from all "sides"

Chariot

So bored. And so scared of A Story About My Uncle. I feel like buying Total War Attila. Why isn't it the 27th of February yet? I want to buy Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. Feeling so empty with no episode of Gintama left. My balls itch.

Best looking...It probably is but I play games for gameplay, not graphics or story. Those are always a bonus. Unless there are some exceptions to the rule.

I don't like how most developers target graphics performance first, but this is not the place for such a discussion.

Turfster

The game's biggest flaw is that levels are arbitrarily sectioned off for no discernible reason. I gave up on it soon after releasing that in the first mission (not the prologue) you lift a beam out of the way to progress but can't do the same to get back. The fundamental principle of Thief's level design -- fully open levels with multiple routes to goals -- is something that should have remained on the drawing board.

Exactly.

Seeing as I don't know what you're referring to, I guess not? (What does "DIAS" stand for?)

DIAS is "do it again stupid" game design where you have to do things exactly how the designer wants you to, or you die and have to start over again.

The Total War games never fail to blow me away in terms of scale, especially the past two given how detailed the units are.

Really miss the gore dlc though, added a lot to the battles in Shogun 2 and Rome II just in terms of making the battlefield more alive and dynamic.

I really need to take the time to learn how to play the Total War games.

STEAM | March 2015 - 1,886 reasons not to Order™ a PS4.

sogood.gif

Deitus

Review threads are more about confirmation bias than actually discussing a game, and they always turn into shitshows.

If a review matches people's expectations, they post "I knew this game would be awesome/mediocre/terrible."

If the review doesn't match their expectations, they say "This is just more evidence that IGN/Polygon/Kotaku/etc. is a garbage site. LOL Games Journalism."

And then they spend 20 pages calling each other fanboys. At least by having a review thread it gives people a place other than the OT to have their silly fanboy wars though.

jmizzal

Spares enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jmizzal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-A27AB9653AA62865 - Taken by fspm. 12 entrants total.
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-6D771157CFC6FBAE - Taken by Shadownet. 4 entrants total.

t1424212435z1.png

Review threads are more about confirmation bias than actually discussing a game, and they always turn into shitshows.

If a review matches people's expectations, they post "I knew this game would be awesome/mediocre/terrible."

If the review doesn't match their expectations, they say "This is just more evidence that IGN/Polygon/Kotaku/etc. is a garbage site. LOL Games Journalism."

And then they spend 20 pages calling each other fanboys. At least by having a review thread it gives people a place other than the OT to have their silly fanboy wars though.

Fanboys have a really hard time understanding a different opinion than theirs.

Haunted

The game's biggest flaw is that levels are arbitrarily sectioned off for no discernible reason. I gave up on it soon after releasing that in the first mission (not the prologue) you lift a beam out of the way to progress but can't do the same to get back. The fundamental principle of Thief's level design -- fully open levels with multiple routes to goals -- is something that should have remained on the drawing board.
Entering random homes to explore leading to fairly substantial loading screens is a tremendous failure.

I honestly think it'd be a more palatable game if the city hub was better designed and one seamless, full map.

DocSeuss

The Order isn't even the best-looking game out this year...

Or last year. ._.

Reviews are most compared to grades, due to the fact that several major sites based their scores on component reviews back in the day. So they'd 'total up' to a spot where the 'average' would often be 70%, like a C-grade. 80% is a B, above average, and 90% is an A, which is exemplary.

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The Order has tainted every thread on this forum. Why is it getting so much attention (from both sides)?

Chariot

The Order has tainted every thread on this forum. Why is it getting so much attention (from both sides)?
Because it's not an*me.

But I honestly don't understand either. I certainly looks good - but a lot of games look good and some even have interesting mechanics. I guess it's for Sony what Ryze was for Microsoft. A pretty cinematic fest for the people to justify their purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom