• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Trying to figure out what SE could put as the additional games for the bundle. So I broke out everything non-Final Fantasy from SE on Steam:

Stuff in parentheses has NOT been in one of the two SE bundles:
Code:
[b]Thief[/b]
	Thief Gold
	(Thief II: The Metal Age)
	(Thief Deadly Shadows)
	Thief 4

[b]Deus Ex[/b]
	Deus Ex
	DE 2
	Deus Ex HR DC
	DE: The Fall
	(Project Snowblind)

[b]Hitman[/b]
	Hitman C47
	Hitman 2SA
	Hitman: BM
	Hitman: Contracts
	Hitman Absolution
	Hitman Go

[b]Just Cause[/b]
	Just Cause
	Just Cause 2

[b]Tomb Raider[/b]
	(Tomb Raider I)
	(Tomb Raider II)
	(Tomb Raider III)
	(Tomb Raider IV)
	(Tomb Raider V)
	(Tomb Raider VI)
	(Tomb Raider Anniversary)
	(Tomb Raider Legend)
	(Tomb Raider Underworld)
	Lara Croft GoL
	Tomb Raider 2013
	(Lara Croft ToO)

[b]Kane and Lynch[/b]
	[s](Kane and Lynch)[/s] <-- GFWL, can't generate keys
	Kane & Lynch 2

[b]Supreme Commander[/b]
	Supreme Commander 2

[b]Dungeon Siege[/b]
	(Dungeon Siege III)

[b]Battlestations Midway[/b]
	Battlestations Midway
	[s](Battlestations Pacific)[/s] <-- GFWL, can't generate keys

[b]Conflict[/b]
	(Conflict Denied Ops)
	(Conflict Desert Storm)

[b]Legacy of Kain[/b]
	(Legacy of Kain Defiance)
	(Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver)
	(Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2)
	Nosgoth

[b]One-Offs:[/b]
	The Last Remnant
	Daikatana
	Mini Ninjas
	Anachronox
	Sleeping Dogs
	Murdered SS
	(Order of War)
	[s](Scary Girl)[/s] <-- Licensed, so unlikely they'd generate keys
	(Yosumin)
	[s](Life is Strange)[/s] <-- Release too recent
	(Front Mission Evolved)

My guess would be the middle two thief games and some of the earlier TR games are the most likely.

This validates my stance that it's never a bad thing to wait for a game/games to go down in price. Hell, I saw Supreme Commander 2 in a dollar store last week and waited because it wasn't bundled with another game I wanted.

Hell of a bundle. Hope we get either FF3/FF4 for week 2. I should be finished with Star Ocean by the end of the week.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Trying to figure out what SE could put as the additional games for the bundle. So I broke out everything non-Final Fantasy from SE on Steam:

My guess would be the middle two thief games and some of the earlier TR games are the most likely.

I'd say that Dungeon Siege III and Front Mission Evolved would be good 2nd week inclusions for them, since they were both AAA games that more or less tanked but survived based on the popularity of their respective franchises.

Haunted

Parsnip

Yes, I can't remember if she killed the zombie by stomping his head, but you need to do that part in order to retrieve the key. I only remember the zombie was killed in a cutscene.

On Chris' game he doesn't stomp, so what I did was I unplugged the tub, ran out of the room, then went back in and the zombie position had changed more to the right so there was more room to run in, pick up the small key and run out. :D

Though I have no idea if the cutscene stomp counts. It would be crazy if it did but who knows.

Haunted

From the list you posted, I think Front Mission and Dungeon Siege III are pretty likely.

I was going to say that they'll do a separate Tomb Raider bundle eventually, but with the inclusion of TR in this one, it's certainly possible that some of the last generation ones will make an appearance.

Ruruja

Here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-4DD27F125A069E0C - Taken by pahamrick. 2 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-385F0AD7C30DE336 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.

t1424206195z1.png

Parsnip

Has any of the older Tomb Raider games been in any bundles ever? I don't recall the Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy ever been in one at least. It's somewhat surprising if that's the case.

Terra_Ex

why they never put FF in the humble bundle ?
Lightning is too good for bundles, apparently... I think we've hit a point now where you can safely ignore everything non-FF that Square puts out and pick it up for pocket change a year later, should you be so inclined.

HoosTrax

Anyone here know how long it takes to complete FF IV the first time?

I'm reading up on the Augments system and how it takes multiple playthroughs to get all of them, so if it takes more than a few dozen hours to finish the game each time, I'm not going to bother being too thorough with trying to collect them all.

Teggy

... Really?
So you didn't mind all the one-way doors, the narrow path funneling and the stupid DIAS "cinematic" scenes that could have been cutscenes for all the value they added that broke up your traversal?

Seeing as I don't know what you're referring to, I guess not? (What does "DIAS" stand for?)

The Total War games never fail to blow me away in terms of scale, especially the past two given how detailed the units are.
Really miss the gore dlc though, added a lot to the battles in Shogun 2 and Rome II just in terms of making the battlefield more alive and dynamic.

Pakkidis

Some games for you. Hope I did this right. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-2EAA130B04EC8AFE - Taken by Miniboss. 16 entrants total.
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-2D88305100C002D1 - Taken by darkchewie. 15 entrants total.

t1424217895z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone here know how long it takes to complete FF IV the first time?

I'm reading up on the Augments system and how it takes multiple playthroughs to get all of them, so if it takes more than a few dozen hours to finish the game each time, I'm not going to bother being too thorough with trying to collect them all.

I played through it once last year, and my play time was 32.2 hours. I've played the game many many times (so I knew where to go and what to do) on other platforms, but this was the first time I played the 3D remake.

I'd say you probably shouldn't worry about getting all of the augments or achievements, because it's a fantastic game and very much worth playing, especially if you haven't played before. I got (I think) all of the achievements you can get in a single play through, with the exception of the one about beating it on the hard difficulty, and I have 48 of 58 (83%) of the achievements.

HoosTrax

I recommend howlongtobeat in general. It's not always spot on, but it gives an idea.
Thanks. I guess the PC version is going to be the most similar to the DS version. Sounds like about 50 hours to 100% and 30 hours for first playthrough. Not too bad, considering it took me 60 hours to finish III and I still didn't bother with the absurd level 99 and Iron Giant bullcrap that would have taken me twice as long.

I played through it once last year, and my play time was 32.2 hours. I've played the game many many times (so I knew where to go and what to do) on other platforms, but this was the first time I played the 3D remake.

I'd say you probably shouldn't worry about getting all of the augments or achievements, because it's a fantastic game and very much worth playing, especially if you haven't played before. I got (I think) all of the achievements you can get in a single play through, with the exception of the one about beating it on the hard difficulty, and I have 48 of 58 (83%) of the achievements.
Sounds good -- I usually don't bother with achievements that cause me excessive angst / grinding -- kind of ruins the game.

Hitman GO is a really, really solid mobile puzzler that disguises its mechanics with familiar Hitman scenarios and concepts.

You know, since everyone's buying the mid-tier anyway for the masterpiece of narrative that is Thi4f.

jshackles

Sounds good -- I usually don't bother with achievements that cause me excessive angst / grinding -- kind of ruins the game.

Agreed. There were really only two of them that I unlocked that were a bit on the "grindy" side, but still not too bad.

The first was to raise the main character to level 25 before
he changes classes
which is typically done around level 22-23 anyway so it wasn't too bad, though the achievement is completely missable.

The second was obtaining the Adamant Armor, which requires a rare drop from a completely bullshit monster. Some people get lucky though and get this item really early in the game.

The rest were basically story-based achievements: fight this boss, win 1,000 battles, etc. Stuff you pretty much have to do anyway.

yo, i know you guys are aint console folks but that The Order thread has literally just one review in it and it's already 5 pages long. I have a feeling this is gonna be a real fun week my steam-peeps

MUnited83

For you.
yo, i know you guys are aint console folks but that The Order thread has literally just one review in it and it's already 5 pages long. I have a feeling this is gonna be a real fun week my steam-peeps

Always fun to see people jerking themselves all over about meaning less numbers of meaningless reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom