• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Soul Urinating? That's my favourite anime!

image.php

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I don't understand the preference for gifs over webms at all. That's some neo-Luddism there. We don't even use mr.laughingsmiley.gif anymore, people.

I thought jschackles said FF's new extension policies--that any addon would have to go through their store and would require approval, taking ages--might cause him to stop supporting Firefox.

Arthea

I want a piece of that enchanted steam.

it's free for all, don't you know?

I don't understand the preference for gifs over webms at all. That's some neo-Luddism there. We don't even use mr.laughingsmiley.gif anymore, people.

I thought jschackles said FF's new extension policies--that any addon would have to go through their store and would require approval, taking ages--might cause him to stop supporting Firefox.

what's not to understand? it's simple, fast and dirty, more to the point, only Chrome has any problems with gifs. Why would we switch? It makes no sense.
You sound like you use browser only for steam, do you? I'm not dropping firefox even if ES won't be an option...
until something better appears

what is the default browser for SteamOS going to be?

Internet Explorer, obviously
I had to (><)

Ozium

what is the default browser for SteamOS going to be?

edit: seeing SteamOS is weird... and makes me think of John Stamos. John SteamOS.

speaking of bundle trash, groupees tells me the following games now have unused steam keys. but since you can't automatically redeem keys, i have to manually do it:

anyone have any opinions on the following?

banzai pecan: last hope for the young century
drive to hell

Banzai Pecan is straight-up garbage.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/341440/

Drive to Hell is shockingly decent.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/334840/

titch

So what is the recommended browser of choice for steam users these days - I cant see me moving from FF though unless enhanced steam does go

Ozium

Koei Tecmo is bringing Bladestorm Nightmare to Steam in May
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/568005762636599296

I think it's also some kind of Mosou game

The game is loosely based on the Hundred Years' War between the Kingdoms of England and France in the 14th and 15th centuries. Just like the Kessen and Musou series from Koei, certain liberties are taken from the original history. For example, unlike what happened in real life, it is possible to save Joan of Arc from being burned at the stake.

sounds fucking awesome...

I think it's not a musou game, I haven't played it but I had impression that it's more of tactics game than musou, as you lead squads. BTW, is it any good?

reading the wikipedia entry about it makes it seem like a musou game, but instead of you being an OP character that fights by yourself, you have to bring troops with you... but still hackin and slashin

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
what's not to understand? it's simple, fast and dirty, more to the point, only Chrome has any problems with gifs. Why would we switch? It makes no sense.

I guess if you only want tiny gifs with a frame rate you can count on one hand. But try browsing /r/HighQualityGifs, with and without the RES option that replaces imgur gifs with gphycat webms. Night and day difference, with night being a 50mb gif and day being a 2mb webm.

I want more than gifs could ever offer, Arthea!

You sound like you use browser only for steam, do you? I'm not dropping firefox even if ES won't be an option...
until something better appears

I'd be pretty surprised if FF actively pursues a course of action that causes a lot of people to stop supporting plugins on their platform. That sounds like browser suicide at this point.

No idea what the heck this game is, but I'll probably pick it up eventually since I do want more KOEI TECMO games to be on Steam.

Specifically, Atelier games.

I NEED MY ATELIER ON STEAM KOEI

We're probably going to get whatever new version of Samurai Warriors 4 will come out next, but after that there aren't too many franchises left...

Ban Puncher

Don't you love it when friends and family ask you to build a PC for them so you do them an outline of the parts and price then they get all upset you couldn't build them SkyNET for $50 and a coke?

lashman

Don't you love it when friends and family ask you to build a PC for them so you do them an outline of the parts and price then they get all upset you couldn't build them SkyNET for $50 and a coke?

depends on what kind of coke we're talking about here ;)

I think it's not a musou game, I haven't played it but I had impression that it's more of tactics game than musou, as you lead squads. BTW, is it any good?

sounds fucking awesome...

reading the wikipedia entry about it makes it seem like a musou game, but instead of you being an OP character that fights by yourself, you have to bring troops with you... but still hackin and slashin

I've been following the KT twitter for a long time now and they're talking about this game almost daily and I still don't know what it is. I just assumed Musou because trhat's like 3/4 of all games they're making

Ozium

here is gameplay for that Bladestorm game: from youtube

this is from the original Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War, the one coming to Steam is a remake/expansion that has a few changes to character customization, story mode is now in 2 parts (one based on history, the other based on fantasy) and other things...

edit: squad based musou with commands on a cooldown? looks intriguing

Koei Tecmo is bringing Bladestorm Nightmare to Steam in May
https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/568005762636599296

I think it's also some kind of Mosou game
HOLY SHIT

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The first Bladestorm was a fantastic action-strategy title. It got a little long in the tooth, and there's no real satisfying conclusion, but it was still a very entertaining 50+ hours.
My old (poorly-written) review: http://pepsimanvsjoe.blogspot.com/2010/07/x360-look-bladestorm-hundred-years-war.html

Arthea

I've been following the KT twitter for a long time now and they're talking about this game almost daily and I still don't know what it is. I just assumed Musou because trhat's like 3/4 of all games they're making

you should use their twitter to spam that we want Atelier games on steam,
you would be my hero!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If you ever looked at Brütal Legend and thought about what it would be like if it was a much better strategy game with that style of leading troops, Bladestorm is what I tend to think of.

It is based off the core design of previous Dynasty Warriors games, but it really is all about leading and directing your forces across a battlefield. You can attack in Warrior style combat, but it doesn't do very much and is more to support your forces rather than win on your own .

you should use their twitter to spam that we want Atelier games on steam,
you would be my hero!

Currently I'm focusing on telling them to release Ar Nosurge Plus
on the Vita
in the west, but I guess a few more annoying tweets can't hurt!
HOLY SHIT

The first Bladestorm was a fantastic action-strategy title. It got a little long in the tooth, and there's no real satisfying conclusion, but it was still a very entertaining 50+ hours.
My old (poorly-written) review: http://pepsimanvsjoe.blogspot.com/2010/07/x360-look-bladestorm-hundred-years-war.html
Didn't expect that kind of excitement. For some reason the game never popped up on my radar so I'm going to read your review right now

It's crazy how much support Koei Tecmo is throwing at the PC.

Well..more Koei than Tecmo I should say. All we've gotten from Tecmo thus far is DoA 5
delays

Arthea

HOLY SHIT

it doesn't seem that great from your review, but interesting enough, maybe not day one purchase but down the line at some point.

on the Vita

Didn't expect that kind of excitement. For some reason the game never popped up on my radar so I'm going to read your review right now
I would buy Ar Nosurge day 0
on steam
too.

Has there been any news on Akiba's Trip Steam version?

I need to undress people
I hope you have Ar tonelico Qoga, if not you should immediately buy it and play (><)

lashman

It was yesterday at 180k, dat final boost

there were quite a few articles and youtubers talking about it yesterday and the day before that ... so ... that's probably why

but I really do hope they'll make it ... it would be a damn shame if they didn't

zkylon

zkylewd
playing metroid prime is gonna give me carpal tunnel or something like that

jeez the game is great and time flies but when i stop playing it my hand is so damn sore

i want to talk about steam games but i've been pushing playing claire and year walk for a while until i feel more like playing them :I

and actually starting ff13 i guess

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
i know this is like sacrilege or whatever, but i was just watching my roommate play dark souls 2's drangleic castle on ps3, and i gotta say, i kinda liked it better 30 fps.

like i think it's a terrible excuse to say 30 fps is "more cinematic", specially since playing a game at 30 fps kinda feels like shit, but as a spectator, i thought it looked much better. the "pace" felt heavier and more impactful

i didn't feel the same way about dark souls 1, but i think for that particular "scene" was super dramatic already, it just felt better to look at. probably much much worse to play, but u knows
According to Digital Foundry the PS3 version of Dark Souls 2 doesn't have any framerate lock and it generally runs below 30 fps. That sounds very visually appealing. Of course you could match that experience on PC by bumping the res up to 6k or 8k (seeing as that the game runs at a perfect 60 at 4k on good pcs).

zkylon

zkylewd
According to Digital Foundry the PS3 version of Dark Souls 2 doesn't have any framerate lock and it generally runs below 30 fps. That sounds very visually appealing. Of course you could match that experience on PC by bumping the res up to 6k or 8k (seeing as that the game runs at a perfect 60 at 4k on good pcs).

yeah from what i could tell it jumped around a lot. obviously on interiors framerate was much smoother

i don't know if i agree with the "visually appealing" thing. 60 fps vs 30 fps has never been about visuals to me and it's just about how interacting with the game feels. 60 is snappy, 30 has a slight delay. but as a spectator, at least in this case in particular, 60 didn't feel flat out better

on the Vita

Is there any chance of that happening? It's a game I want to try out eventually and I'm wondering if I should go with PS3 or hold out for a Vita port.
Is the extra content significant?

Is there any chance of that happening? It's a game I want to try out eventually and I'm wondering if I should go with PS3 or hold out for a Vita port.
Is the extra content significant?
I really don't know. KT is pretty good at supporting the Vita with the Plus versions of the Atelier games (if only digital), so I have a bit of hope that an announcement will come since the game only released in Japan a few months ago. The localization is already there, so it shouldn't be too expensive. That said, I think Ar Nosurge PS3 wasn't a very big success in the west.

I've been looking around since I want to try it as well but it's impossible to find even used copies for less than 40&#8364;, so I'll just wait and see for now. The extra content is only additional scenes and costumes afaik, but JRPGs are just a lot better on the Vita imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom