• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
What, did they make it worse with a patch? The game has an average framerate in the mid 20s at 900p on console. I can't imagine it being much worse than that.

Didn't they patch in pedestrians to spawn in with the animation and fall to the ground, complete with animations and stuff, to cover for pop-in? That's some bullshit

def sim

Didn't they patch in pedestrians to spawn in with the animation and fall to the ground, complete with animations and stuff, to cover for pop-in? That's some bullshit

IIRC, it used an animus type effect to show them loading in though it was very hard to recreate in my experience. I think they might have reduced LOD quality on console to marginally improve the framerate, though I may be wrong.

Tizoc

Gonna ask my brother if he wants me to get Bloodborne digital, he still plans on getting a PS4 next month.

If not I'll pick it up on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
i know this is like sacrilege or whatever, but i was just watching my roommate play dark souls 2's drangleic castle on ps3, and i gotta say, i kinda liked it better 30 fps.

like i think it's a terrible excuse to say 30 fps is "more cinematic", specially since playing a game at 30 fps kinda feels like shit, but as a spectator, i thought it looked much better. the "pace" felt heavier and more impactful

i didn't feel the same way about dark souls 1, but i think for that particular "scene" was super dramatic already, it just felt better to look at. probably much much worse to play, but u know

Visual wise Attila really looks a lot like Rome 2, I even thought it was a huge expansion for Rome 2 when it was announced.
i dunno about that, and i actually don't think it's so bad to expect some backwards upgrades but it's just funny the whole I HELPED FUND THIS lol

like you just bought a game, wtf

Wow this is hilarious XD They are now comparing video game price vs. length with blowjobs XD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152462672&postcount=3472

In my opinion The Order delivered XD

fuck that's gross

Phinor

Sorry if this has already been posted, but Zelda tribute game Oceanhorn is coming to Steam on March 17!!

This one was originally available only on iOS, but I always wanted to play it as I don't own an iPhone Or an iPad.

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/YJxpQ8KGRa8

B-FpgQGIgAAtazt.png

It looks amazing, and I think it features music from Nobuo Uematsu too!

Whoo. One of the few games I've really missed by not having an iOS device. Told the devs as much in hopes of getting a PC/Steam release. That was in 2013 but great to see they finally (well probably some time ago) decided to port it to PC. Too bad it releases right in the middle of 5-6 quality releases, just after a long drought of no games at all.

_hekk05

Banned
Quality post from chariot I enjoyed

I think that pose is fine. What annoys me the most in some japanese media is dialog that have to points out every little thing.

"You're inside me!"
"So much!"
"Kimochi!"

I can see that, the art has plenty of expression already, you don't need to spell it out for me.Magical Girl anime about the power of friendship and unity.

What, perchance, is this japanese media you speak of, and are they available on steam?

Monooboe

Is there any use for microsoft points? A local store sells 2100 points for 5 euros and I don't have an xbox but wondering if there is any use maybe in Windows store or something?^^;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any use for microsoft points? A local store sells 2100 points for 5 euros and I don't have an xbox but wondering if there is any use maybe in Windows store or something?^^;

Not unless you have an X1. I'd say ilomilo+ is the only item of note on the WinStore.

I haven't played my PC in two weeks, PS4 and 3DS have been getting all my love

Since I've been sick with the flu I just can't look at my PC to play >.<

wilflare

Well, we had a nice run, Steam. Time to start collecting PSN games.

be sure to collect your games on US PSN
get JP PSN too - the PS+ allows you a free 120+ PSOne games every year lol

hmm there needs to be better digital deals for PSN Day Ones :/

_hekk05

Banned
be sure to collect your games on US PSN
get JP PSN too - the PS+ allows you a free 120+ PSOne games every year lol

hmm there needs to be better digital deals for PSN Day Ones :/

*free*

It looks like I won't have enough money to spend 100 psn cash on, or I would've bought bloodborne immediately

I got my JP psn purely for the toro theme

wilflare

*free*

It looks like I won't have enough money to spend 100 psn cash on, or I would've bought bloodborne immediately

I got my JP psn purely for the toro theme

how did you fund the JP PSN wallet -trying to look for a site that sells it 1:1 digital delivery-

so Bloodbourne and The Order?
we shouldn't preorder games though

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Heileen 3 New Horizons Deluxe -- MB-11E09F877504EE54 - Taken by nightstorm

Arthea

wait, why steam had a nice run this time?

I probably will give up on last optional postgame stuff in Crystal Story II, 50 hours I had with this game (for couple bucks!) seems like enough or something and I feel I need to move on already. Not to mention that last cheevos seem to be not that fun after all. Well, not every game has to be 100% and I might come back to it and do those last bits before Crystal Story III, who knows. I still feel I need to write a review, this game deserves that much from me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Try out Unity on console! ;)

Haha, I think playing the game with my pair of 670s provided a comparable experience. ;) It runs like a dream now, which reminds me that I ought to sell the 670s already before they drop in value even more. I get very occasional freezes (once every hour or two, I'd estimate), but I assume that's due to system memory swapping, which is why I bit the bullet on an extra 4GB the other day.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
messed up a bit, will be a double post

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-CC8BA5271B4EC6D1 - Taken by Dragon1893. 2 entrants total.

t1424253837z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
part 2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-9DC941898EC7F86F - Taken by NingenJanai. 6 entrants total.

t1424254017z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
how did you fund the JP PSN wallet -trying to look for a site that sells it 1:1 digital delivery-

so Bloodbourne and The Order?
we shouldn't preorder games though

I'm not getting the order, or at least yet. I would have gotten bloodborne for the 15 credit, since it meant day one at 15 off, but it looks like I don't have enough money.

For my JP psn cards, i use https://www.japan-codes.com/. They're usually cheaper than playasia, have some small discounts too every once in a while. Code is sent to you in an email and not a physical delivery.

Cheapest is still to get someone in japan to buy them for you. Maybe you can start a venture with a gaffer in japan, if demand in gaf is high enough (not likely)

wilflare

I'm not getting the order, or at least yet. I would have gotten bloodborne for the 15 credit, since it meant day one at 15 off, but it looks like I don't have enough money.

For my JP psn cards, i use https://www.japan-codes.com/. They're usually cheaper than playasia, have some small discounts too every once in a while. Code is sent to you in an email and not a physical delivery.

Cheapest is still to get someone in japan to buy them for you. Maybe you can start a venture with a gaffer in japan, if demand in gaf is high enough (not likely)

I'm not sure if I'll like Bloodbourne though

I should play some Mordor - the PC version runs like a dream on my 970 T_T
but I somehow want to get it on the PS4 for the big screen (but I can Limelight)
sigh T_T

I was hoping Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae would be able to scratch my stylish action anime itch, but unfortunately I'm not just feeling the game, I looked up how long it was on HowLongToBeat.com and I considered powering through it for 2hrs just to be done with it, but even then it just ain't clicking with me :(((

I need more japanese schoolgirls beating up demons in my life.

Chariot

That is amazing. I can't help but smile at his laugh.

What, perchance, is this japanese media you speak of, and are they available on steam?
You know it.
Cheesy magical girl anime obviously where girls unite their souls with the power of friendship and eat tasty cake.

Maybe pc only gamers really are jealous of the Order given how much it gets brought up in the steam thread :p
I am jealous of this cheerful discussions and weird logical conclusions.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
but I somehow want to get it on the PS4 for the big screen (but I can Limelight)
sigh T_T

... oooooooor you could connect your PC to the TV and play it like that ;)

_hekk05

Banned
I'm not sure if I'll like Bloodbourne though

sigh T_T

I run it on my laptop at like 20-25 fps, but I can run a HDMI to my TV. I use my DS4 to play it.

You win some, you lose some.

You know it.
Cheesy magical girl anime obviously where girls unite their souls with the power of friendship and eat tasty cake.

I don't know it. i haven't watched anime in a while.

I need to watch me some soul-uniting, if you know what I mean

Arthea

I was hoping Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae would be able to scratch my stylish action anime itch, but unfortunately I'm not just feeling the game, I looked up how long it was on HowLongToBeat.com and I considered powering through it for 2hrs just to be done with it, but even then it just ain't clicking with me :(((

I need more japanese schoolgirls beating up demons in my life.

hey! but it's fun, how can't it be not clicking with you, something must be wrong with you ;)

hey! but it's fun, how can't it be not clicking with you, something must be wrong with you ;)
Something about the sound of the sword slashing, that sound effect just isn't doing it for me, and it destroys the tower of cards like a big domino leading to a checkmate.

It's the drama surrounding it that brought it here. Why would I be jealous of a graphical showcase with lackluster gameplay?
Why not just ignore the drama? It's all created by gaf and other forums anyway so spreading it around doesn't do much good.
Shooting model looks great

I mean, going off topic with console/handheld games from time to time is obviously accepted at this point but bringing up random forum bullshit seems silly to me. *shrug*

There will be quite a RE overload this year, I'm not complaining though.
We had REmake in January, Revelations 2 this month and RE5 Gold should hit in the near future. A Remaster of RE0 is definitely happening as well.
Very nice. Now I just need CV. I'm fine with playing 2 and 3 on my Vita.
I wonder if we'll get any news on RE7 this year and if REmake's huge success is having any influence on the way capcom is approaching the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom