• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFyn

Was being sarcastic :p

But yes, he does have bad taste. Blaming the AI for his dislike in the game. Bah. Wonder what the AI thinks of his gaming abilities.
That could be a funny video. Characters from different games talking about the players.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If the info on that page is accurate, Google translate tells me it's coming in April!

Kinda glad it's still a little ways off. Gives me plenty of time to do that RE4 professional run I was hoping to get done before the Steamworks transition. I mean, I could do it now but I'm almost done with FFXIII and I'd like to get XIII-2 done as well before LR comes out.

That might be the release of a physical box edition of it, I feel it will be much sooner because of the updates happening now on-top of Revelations 2 releasing next week. Revelations 2 seems to have some ties with Resident Evil 5.

Turf hates RE5 though. He has bad taste.
I don't know. Maybe it's just his way of dealing with not being able to play well with both arms lately :p

How is Turfster's arm doing though I am wondering for real.
After all we should be looking out for our elders :p

Ok I am done now I think with Turf-bashing.

Top of page declaration: Overlord is not average!
Completed Gemini Rue - what a great story. I was able to do the whole thing with only looking up one minor hint about halfway through, so I at least feel like I beat it on my own.

I'm curious... Was it the part where you had to unlock a door after going up an elevator?

I feel like a lot of people had trouble with that one, even when it's so obvious in retrospect.

Edit:
Started SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition thanks to a key from the developer. Liking the music a lot so far. I've started out in the barbarian class and apparently I've consumed my baby twin to have the strength of two babies, lol.
lmao... What???

I'm sorta shocked an ASCII-based game made it onto Steam. But it does sound interesting.

Edit2
New client update. 53.97 MB.
Steam Client Update Released
Client Update - Valve
Steam Client Update Released

An update has been released for the Steam Client and will be automatically downloaded.

General
Added UI listing your owned DLC in the library details view
Changed recent games lists to include recent purchases as well as recently played
Added a new Browser settings page with new option to delete the cookies use by the built in Steam browser
Fixed some cases where certain long chat messages could cause long client hangs
Fixed drop down options in settings dialog initially showing as blank
Fixed a crash in OpenGL games when taking a screenshot or recording video
Fixed multiple crashes on shutdown & client restart for update
Fixed check boxes in list panels flickering or not rendering immediately after mouse wheel scroll of the list
Improved responsiveness of library details view for games where you have many friends who play
Fixed case where running a game that has Cloud Sync disabled, when in Offline Mode, could cause existing Cloud files to be overwritten
Fixed rare crash updating task bar icon jump list contents on Windows
Changed menu item to use web site to find driver updates for AMD graphics cards
Fixed bug detecting Windows Compatibility mode set on the Steam Client

Big Picture
Improved scroll bar behavior when dragging or clicking the bar/thumb regions with the mouse
Fixed potential out-of-memory crash when changing from Steam to Big Picture mode or back again
Improved slider control behavior
Performance improvements for situations with many UI panels updating/painting
Fixed a case where the activity feed could fail to load the right pane contents for roll ups with a large number of items
Fixed a bug where font styling on ranges within labels could be invalid after a resolution change
Fixed video playback over SSL
Fixed a rare crash trying to load zero byte image content
Fixed a crash when playing video
Fixed rare hang on launch or when switching from Steam to Big Picture on Linux
Fixed some text not rendering on Linux

Broadcast
Added option to record only game audio (new default for all broadcasts)
Broadcasts are now more resilient to failures with system audio recording
Improved mixing of game/system audio and microphone
Fixed some games minimizing when full screen and a broadcast starts
Fixed broadcaster not seeing chat messages if broadcast was stopped then started again during the same game session
Added video encoder tuning setting (prioritize video quality or capture performance)
Fixed regression which would result in broadcasts unexpectedly stopping, usually with "Missing Keyframe"
Fixed changing between push to talk vs. voice activated microphone recording during a broadcast
Audio from games that require exclusive access to the sound card can be recorded when using the record only game audio setting
Fixed scaling when recording video in OpenGL Core games

In-Home Streaming
Optimized slice encoding for client decoding capabilities
Fixed crash if Big Picture is opened while streaming
Fixed possible crash when starting a stream

Workshop
Improved caching of downloaded workshop items
Fixed a bug publishing a Workshop item with a preview image when using an external tool

Virtual Reality Mode
Fixed a bug where the Steam Client could crash when launching certain VR games

Mac OSX
Fixed a bug causing Elder Scrolls Online to crash on startup when run through Steam

FLD

That might be the release of a physical box edition of it, I feel it will be much sooner because of the updates happening now on-top of Revelations 2 releasing next week. Revelations 2 seems to have some ties with Resident Evil 5.

Oh, I guess that's possible. I assumed that listing was for a Steam key only but you're right, it might be tied to a physical copy.

That being said, with Revelations 2 right around the corner, I'd be very surprised if they pushed out the update anytime soon. It might tie with RE5 story-wise but they'll most likely do a sale to accompany the update and I feel like Rev 2 is probably the game they want people to buy right now. I could see them waiting until after all the Rev 2 episodes are out to patch RE5.

Man, Dark Forces' difficulty goes to shit when you realize there is a run function.

The mines which once made the game maddening are now an afterthought, and perilous jumps are nothing. It's actually becoming a good game again, but much less tense, which was fun in a twisted sort of way.

Khronico

Man, Dark Forces' difficulty goes to shit when you realize there is a run function.

The mines which once made the game maddening are now an afterthought, and perilous jumps are nothing. It's actually becoming a good game again, but much less tense, which was fun in a twisted sort of way.

Glad to see your enjoying it!

Are you playing with DarkXL?

Jawmuncher

I shall hang out with them too I suppose.

I'll hang out with Bayo then.

Jp3psTz.jpg

8 years and RE5 is still this disliked :(
At least DC no one has really said anything negative about besides HeroPrinny but he doesn't know how to play with tank controls.

Jawmuncher

I prefer RE5 to RE4 until my dying breath.
I like 6 but I would rank it under those 2 still.

Regardless of that if anyone ever wants to coop RE5 Gold when it's out let me know. I'll be down.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jp3psTz.jpg

8 years and RE5 is still this disliked :(
At least DC no one has really said anything negative about besides HeroPrinny but he doesn't know how to play with tank controls.

Resident Evil 5 if it were called something else and didnt had terrible partner A.I I wouldnt be disliking it as much as I do being quite honest. The game lacks on the horror atmosphere being pretty much a full blown action game. Partner A.I seems liked they slapped on RE0 A.I and forgot to tweak it to work on open spaces and do better ammo management and shooting. Also while RE4 was cheesy this took it on the wrong kind of cheese. *Insert Chris punching the boulder gif* *insert fight in a fucking volcano* *insert more dumb stuff from RE5*

This is the Dino Crisis 3 of the Resident Evil Saga with Resident Evil 6 kinda "trying" to pick the best from 5 and the previous entries to make a game to appeal both audiences which can be seen on the different campaigns of the game while also adding new things which some worked, some didnt and some simply needed better explanation. *Look at the guide of the controller someone did on Neogaf around the launch week of 6*

Overall RE4 started changes but it still had horror elements that worked for the game despite changing the tone of the series but RE5 was the start of the games turning into the movies in terms of quality which being quite honest the RE movies were pretty damn horrible movies with ham fisted cheese.

Ozium

ehy

will never understand how people can diss RE5 for being an action game, and yet hail RE4 in the same breath... RE4 isn't exactly survival horror either

the partner AI is garbitch in RE5 tho, which doesn't exist in 4... otherwise they are pretty much the same game in a different setting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ehy

will never understand how people can diss RE5 for being an action game, and yet hail RE4 in the same breath... RE4 isn't exactly survival horror either

the AI is garbitch in RE5 tho, which doesn't exist in 4... otherwise they are pretty much the same game in a different setting.

The thing is that RE4 at least has the setting of a horror game unlike RE5.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil 5 if it were called something else and didnt had terrible partner A.I I wouldnt be disliking it as much as I do being quite honest. The game lacks on the horror atmosphere being pretty much a full blown action game. Partner A.I seems liked they slapped on RE0 A.I and forgot to tweak it to work on open spaces and do better ammo management and shooting. Also while RE4 was cheesy this took it on the wrong kind of cheese. *Insert Chris punching the boulder gif* *insert fight in a fucking volcano* *insert more dumb stuff from RE5*

This is the Dino Crisis 3 of the Resident Evil Saga with Resident Evil 6 kinda "trying" to pick the best from 5 and the previous entries to make a game to appeal both audiences which can be seen on the different campaigns of the game while also adding new things which some worked, some didnt and some simply needed better explanation. *Look at the guide of the controller someone did on Neogaf around the launch week of 6*

Overall RE4 started changes but it still had horror elements that worked for the game despite changing the tone of the series but RE5 was the start of the games turning into the movies in terms of quality which being quite honest the RE movies were pretty damn horrible movies with ham fisted cheese.

I responded to a similar feeling in another thread. A lot of my love for RE5 comes from me not caring whatsoever that the horror was lost. I love the earlier games but at the end of the day I always liked RE universe more than any sort of atmosphere it had. Obviously I understand why so many are still wanting that though, but it just doesn't bother me. As I've said before I would have liked DC3 if it would have been a good game. I'm ok with genre switches, setting changes and everything else if the quality is there. To me the quality is there for RE5 even if it drops what was in the older games. Plus at the end of the day if I made a RE game, it would be RE5 so it's one of the reasons I really enjoy it. Might not be what others want, but the dumb action and everything else is just what I wanted. RE6 was just all over the place in execution but once again I love the universe so much that I didn't mind the jank there and the gameplay was top notch in a lot of areas for me. Really wish Capcom would have been more considered with Polishing over content. Game would have been received much better I think. As for the RE movies I enjoyed the first 2. 2 more so since it was more heavy on the game stuff, which is the only I watch any of them.

With all this talk of Resident Evil, it's confession time. I've never played or owned any Resident Evil game, in fact, I'm not entirely sure what sort of games they are! TPS? Horror/Jump Scare? Action-Adventure? RPG-ish?

Khronico

Nah, just standard as it came. Happy it looks as good as it does fullscreen.

Yeah it manages to still look ok, especially the cutscenes.

If your ever interested, here's a guide to getting DarkXL to run with the steam version

ehy

the partner AI is garbitch in RE5 tho, which doesn't exist in 4... otherwise they are pretty much the same game in a different setting.

I don't understand the hate for RE5. Granted, I only played the demo, but I enjoyed what I played.

Jawmuncher

With all this talk of Resident Evil, it's confession time. I've never played or owned any Resident Evil game, in fact, I'm not entirely sure what sort of games they are! TPS? Horror/Jump Scare? Action-Adventure? RPG-ish?

Resident Evil 1-3 (&CVX) are "horror" no real jump scares though, well not like in your face and it's only like 1 per game if that.

RE4-6 are Third Person Shooters basically. A bit different from the norm but that's what they fit into.

There has been no RPG oddly enough.
If you see any on sale I would recommend RE4 and REmake. Best of both worlds.

Resident Evil 5 had enough of the 4 DNA to make it enjoyable for me even though Sheva did everything in her power to simultaneously kill my love of gaming, friendship and women.

6 on the other hand has driven me down in the darkest recesses of my being. I have seen the blackest part of my soul, and in that pit there is nothing but a floating 6 covered in oozing, pulsating black. It mocks me and fills my heart with hate.

At one point, I gathered the courage to approach the 6, and as I limped, drawing closer to evil incarnate, a prompt reading "exit" flashed before my eyes. I felt the smallest quiver of joy somewhere where my heart used to be and as I reached out to touch my salvation, it turned into a radial dial, a thin white line slowly spinning along the edge.

Defeated but determined I spun the sticks, my controller creaking with the strain of pure will. But it wasn't enough. I can never catch that fucking line. It spins forever, and I will forever be trapped in the pit of loathing that is Resident Evil 6.

Leon.... help.

Seriously though, fuck that game.

Zafir

I've only ever played Resident Evil 5 and Operation Racoon City out of the Resident Evil games, lol. On the plus side, if I ever did decide to play any more, it can only get better...

i just did a clean install of windows 8.1 (which i've never used before) on a new SSD and i'm having some problems with steam

just now this client update kept prompting me to restart steam to update, repeatedly, without actually updating until i exited steam and ran it as administrator

also i can't click this:

Izq8y2V.png

no idea why this is happening, i only have one user account on this PC and it's an admin account

never had any issues with this on windows 7, is this normal?

edit - i reinstalled steam and it seems fine now, not sure what happened

iosefe

Confession: haven't played a resident evil since the original on the PS1. and the only memory i have for it is the Moonlight Sonata

*edit* didn't even see bobnowhere's post. semi kindred spirits?

Cth

I managed to skip the series as well. I might have played a demo of 5 on xbox for a few minutes.

I think I played one of the Silent Hill games as well, never could get into the console horror games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom