• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
But will I play it? Stay tuned to find out! Also, I readded my PSN id to my GAF profile if anybody here wants to be my fwend.

Aww I'll be your fwend.

I don't like the path this conversation is taking.

Nobody told me it's one of THOSE games... suddenly the requirements and performance complaints make sense.

TEW uses the same engine as Rage. This means it takes ten times more hard drive space than it should.

Carmack. :mad:

Oh, hello there.

Congrats. I won't get mine until the end of next month. Can't wait to play MH4.

The graphics are not the bad thing on Thalamus...they need to rework other elements, graphics were ok and very good already.

Wasn't there a big patch for the game that changed a lot of stuff?

edit - think this was it - http://steamcommunity.com/games/296070/announcements/detail/245775018404434977

They apparently toned down the obnoxious narration which I seem to remember being the worst part of the experience.

Milamber

that's ok i immortalized u on mirrormoon ep

I have just orphaned my poor children too...

VYnVZ7u.png

How was I immortalized?

The Evil Within actually has good textures for the most part though which sets it apart from Rage and Wolf. There's nothing like the pencil embedded in desk

Tizoc

EVEN THE TREES ARE OUT TO KILL YOU!

Holy shit and all this time fruit or whatever dropping from trees was something funny and innocent in ye olde platformers and games...

It's like video game developers looked into Australia when they were planning hazards and what have you for their games back in the 80s and 90s.

Where's my Australia Survivor Simulator game already...

Nobody told me it's one of THOSE games... suddenly the requirements and performance complaints make sense.

I only played after the first patch and the game ran like butter to me so no comments for that one. Wolfenstein also worked without any problems.

That said, The Evil Within, while not constantly the best looking game ever, honestly has some of the best looking sections I have ever seen in a video game (at 1080p/everything max)

Tizoc

First Besiege now Medievil Engineers, Medievil era seems quite popular for some reason.

At any rate, is there any way to get Planet Explorers for cheaper?

lol i love these

do me! do me!
Will do! :D

I did something! Holy shit jawmuncher did crazy work.

Milamber nooooooooo!!!

You had waifus at home!!!
Jawmuncher would've gotten through the entire thing unscathed if he hadn't had to stun an outsider in order to bring it in for testing, thankfully he's not out for good so he can carry on the good fight.

NOOOOOOOOOO!
No matter how much Raven calls out to Milamber, no answer returns... Milamber is dead and his silence constantly reminds Raven of his fate. But even if Milamber's life blood ends here, his soul lives on.
Milamber rests.

19XX - 2015

ExoSoul

Banned
But will I play it? Stay tuned to find out! Also, I readded my PSN id to my GAF profile if anybody here wants to be my fwend.
Erm... Which one of them are you? The one with the orange bloby avatar? I hope so cause I just sent that guy a friend request xD
There's a lot of people with a ID near identical to yours o.o

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Erm... Which one of them are you? The one with the orange bloby avatar? I hope so cause I just sent that guy a friend request xD
There's a lot of people with a ID near identical to yours o.o

That's an actual photo of me.

Saty

I guess someone at Valve just needs to become PASSIONATE about letting fans know about these kind of changes in less than 7 months.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are you fucking kidding me? This game starts you out in a small dark room with no concept of where to go with some shitty stealth around an insta-kill enemy? It's like they tried as hard as they could to make it instantly unappealing as possible.

Haunted

Are you fucking kidding me? This game starts you out in a small dark room with no concept of where to go with some shitty stealth around an insta-kill enemy? It's like they tried as hard as they could to make it instantly unappealing as possible.
I like that you could be talking about any number of games here. (But most likely The Evil Within)

well this is mildly exciting:

2015-02-20_08-01-18.jpg
The graphics were fine, it's the weak and repetitive puzzle design that made me stop halfway through. Still, if he wants to work on that aspect, more power to him.

JaseC

Yeah, Steam is leaking names because it's marking apps free for some reason or someone is trolling.

https://steamdb.info/sub/60128/ - SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II
https://steamdb.info/sub/60755/ - Devil's Third Online
https://steamdb.info/sub/60749/ - BLADESTORM: Nightmare

I think SteamDB did something behind the scenes that's causing its bot to erroneously list old apps as new. That they're all very recent uploads and listed as Free on Demand doesn't make any sense, especially Devil's Third with it now being a Nintendo game.

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hammerwatch -- MB-7FF7B27F6F4767FB - Taken by Loptous
Bundle spares.

I also have a steam gift of ibb & obb that I can sent to someone... I believe I need an email address for this though. Post an MS Paint drawing that makes me laugh and it's yours!

Tizoc

I think SteamDB did something behind the scenes that's causing its bot to erroneously list old apps as new. That they're all very recent uploads and listed as Free on Demand doesn't make any sense, especially Devil's Third with it now being a Nintendo game.

I just now saw this but honestly, Bamco and Koei Tecmo games, those I can see making it on Steam a-ok, but Devil's Third? Notice the title adds in 'Online' so maybe its different to the Wii U ver. if not some sort of companion thing.

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas page is up

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thanks adding to wishlist!

JaseC

I just now saw this but honestly, Bamco and Koei Tecmo games, those I can see making it on Steam a-ok, but Devil's Third? Notice the title adds in 'Online' so maybe its different to the Wii U ver. if not some sort of companion thing.

The game does have an MP mode but there's no way that app is actually nine days old.

Tizoc

Games that would make me die of heart explosion if they were announced on Steam:

Xrd
BBCPE
Radiant Silvergun
Disgaea
P4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
P5
UNIEL

UNIEL has been considered for PC, I'll be getting the PS3 ver. a bit later due to budgetary reasons ^^;

Copons

Wasn't there a big patch for the game that changed a lot of stuff?

edit - think this was it - http://steamcommunity.com/games/296070/announcements/detail/245775018404434977

They apparently toned down the obnoxious narration which I seem to remember being the worst part of the experience.

I've played it after this patch, so I don't know how it was before, but I can confirm the story and the narration sucked balls anyway. Cringeworthiest game ever, dat fucking ending, my god, I still can't believe devs thought it was acceptable.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
So is Atlus the last Big (for GAF crowd) developer (japanese not the U.S. publishing) with no presence on steam?
I can't think of any other big japanese names that haven't brought us at least something.

Cave is also still missing... Cave and Atlus on Steam would be glorious!

I am pretty conflicted about Oceanhorn... I pretty much like everything I have seen about it but the way it's an exact rip off somehow rubs me in the wrong way. Not because I think Zelda is sacred but it feels like the game took waaay too many steps further from just being "inspired by".

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So much for any hope of Resonance of Fate ever coming to Steam. tri-Ace was just bought out and will now only serve to make games for mobiles.

Edit: I should say I'm exaggerating a bit here, but the only people who have made any comments toward the idea of porting the game have been those who worked on it at tri-Ace, not SEGA or their usual go to port companies (TOSE, Devil's Details, etc).

Tizoc

So much for any hope of Resonance of Fate ever coming to Steam. tri-Ace was just bought out and will now only serve to make games for mobiles.

Isn't RoF owned by SEGA? unless tri-ace owns RoF, there's still a chance it'd get put on Steam.
For that matter didn't tri-ace also work on FF13 series?

The game does have an MP mode but there's no way that app is actually nine days old.

Eh whatevs, stop denying yourself +1s due to logic and just get blindly hype.

L.O.R.D

so , the last update for RE5 was for direct X and vcredist update in preperation for the steamworks version
can't wait for the final update
i wish that i got the game for cheap before

zkylon

zkylewd
second game from my list finished
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

a bird story was kind of neat, tho it didn't feel too special to be honest. i really really liked to the moon and thought that game was really touching, but a bird story is kind of underwhelming, compared to how grandiose to the moon was, it's just too simple of a story, but also on its own it didn't really make much of a connection with me at least.

the story is sweet and all, but it felt like a story i've heard before, and i didn't feel a bird story told it in a new, interesting way either. the very slow pace in which the story develops with barely any dialogue or player interaction makes the game kind of a slog, and i was sorta hoping it would end already half way through.

writing something like to the moon must be super hard to do, so it's ok, they can't all be winners

i hear stranded is fairly short, so i guess that's the one i'm doing next

derExperte

You didn't platinum AC2, my first one and super easy? What kind of AssCreed fan are you??

Also my profile is in my profile.

Gala

Can't wait for Homeworld Remastered to come out. I need to prepare myself for a weekend without leaving my computer. I better move my toaster and food right next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom