• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Completed episode 1 of Tales from the Borderlands and I'm hooked, seems like a good fit for someone who likes the B'lands universe but not the gameplay of the regular games. And with 2.5hrs it's longer than the usual Telltale episodes these days, I hope that and the quality is a sign of things to come. Now WHERE THE FUCK IS E2, ITS BEEN THREE MONTHS.

Ban Puncher

Qjp2Fws.png

wilflare

Humble Bundle Weekly Co-op
4Pack
$7.50 each (instead of $10) to get all the games offered (including the Tier 3 ones)

just need one more person
(1) wilflare
(2) Shadownet
(3) Conrad Link
(4) titch

Drop me a PM if keen - and hopefully you can PayPal!

EDIT: 4Pack complete!!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What is the first game you guys bought on Steam? I realized that my first was Orange Box.o_O I had a few retail games activated on Steam before of course but I was still surprised that the first game I actually bought on Steam Store was so "new".

TF2. Didn't have ways to buy online back then so I had to ask a friend to buy it for me lol

Managed to have fun with it for years until it became F2P. I was there - from spy updates, new game modes, and hats.

I think you get those anyways. Paradox patch core featurea and overhauls for free. But I think every major content dlc is worth it, except Jeruslame because that somehow is major offender for bugs.

Ah I see. I think I should boot up CK2.

uhhh what?

Let's just say all genders are capable of being stupid, bigoted, and ignorant.

well this is mildly exciting:

2015-02-20_08-01-18.jpg
Looking nice. Really impressive that a one-man team is still putting so much effort into this game even though most likely most sales are done already. Shows that it is a work of passion of him.
I didn't like yesterday results so i tried again and now results are a bit better :D

And i freshened up my backup mouse old A4Tech X7

Great work buddy. Looks really cool.

Amzin

Whaaaa? I played for about half an hour and was very impressed. And no, not only by the visuals but the very interesting gameplay itself.

I actually haven't started yet, is that HD rework going to be a free upgrade or a new version of the game? Wondering if I should wait.

Jawmuncher

Everyone will have forgotten about The Order by the end of the year. All of the other titles you listed were also mostly praised by critics.

I don't know if you're joking or not..

You listed games that actually reviewed well.

The Order did not.

no shit? I thought that was a joke.
I lied it should be today.
I finished Red Faction 2 last night. It's a mediocre game, with nothing to make it stand out from other FPSs on the market. Have to admit though, taking advantage of Geo-mod (a system that allows for real-time, non-scripted environment destruction) is fun, but as in the first game, it's rather underused. The story was impossible for me to follow, as I could rarely make out what people were saying, and it lacks subtitles. Reading it on Wikipedia afterwards made me realize I didn't miss anything, it's simply not good.

Shooting mechanics were acceptable, though nothing to write home about. There's a nice selection of weapons, but several of them use the same ammo pool, which can be annoying if you're running low. Also, there are lots of respawning enemies at some points, and I hate that. In fact, that was what made me lower the difficulty from Hard to Normal a few levels in. There is virtually no downtime here, you're being attacked at all times. Sometimes you have a companion with you, but more often than not you're on your own.

Some levels do offer a bit of variety. There are turret sequences, submarine sections and even places where you pilot a mech, the latter of which is pretty cool (especially when combined with destructible environments). As for the levels themselves, most are really short, and while they may start from where the previous one left off, it's impossible to go back from inside the game as they aren't interconnected (though you can jump right into any unlocked level from the main menu). This is both a negative and positive thing, due to the way the game manages death. There are no checkpoints in the middle of levels, instead forcing you to start it from the beginning. The short length avoids it being a big punishment, but some parts can be frustrating due to the amount of enemies and the respawning properties of them, so you may end up replaying the easier early sections a lot without getting enough practice on the hard ones (not to mention the unskippable cutscenes in some levels; while being 10-30 seconds long, it still becomes annoying).

All in all, not a particularly bad game, but I think you won't miss anything by skipping it. I liked the first one a lot more. At least I can start Guerrilla now!
I still to this day prefer RF2 to Guerilla. Had a lot of fun with the more arena shooter type game it was. The MP was also very cery fun with split screen and bots back on PS2. Shame the pc version has no online (doubtful anyone would be playing anyway). But the bot mode is fun. Also I really liked the enemy armor design for sopots guard and that speech on the main menu is ingrained is my mind.
We fight alone against an insidious enemy,. An enemy who would destroy the Commonwealth! And have our nation crumble from within.

My list that Turfster loves
1.RF1
2.RF2
3.RFG
4.RFA

They got worse if you ask me but all are atill worth playing if you were to say you wanted to play the RF series.

Umh, I'm a dumb person, how can I tweet them to enter the AC contest?
I followed them on Twitter, now?
EDIT: I selected reply, then I copy/pasted #GG10Sale2 putting an answer near it, is this right?

that should be right...also you can click on that hashtag (#GG10Sale2) and see other tweets to make sure yours shows up

dex3108

I take back my comment yesterday asking you why you would bother with that and just buy another mouse. Amazing result you have there :). Wish I had some sort of talent to do those things.

It is not that hard. You just need to plan everything and be careful while you are disassembling (i actually broke one small part but nothing that i wasn't able to fix :D). Vinyl is relatively easy to use but i it is two person job (you can do it alone but it is way easier if you have somebody who will help you with hairdryer).

Arthea

I finished 3 games in two days, how's that? (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

I would have finished 4th, but my choice of it was really poor. I decided quickly play through 140, it being short and all... but I absolutely can't play, I got so annoyed, I uninstalled it after 40 mins or so and never will touch again. I don't know what's with me and rhythm based platformers with disappearing and appearing jumping platforms but I hate every one of them I tried. I no longer can think these are all horrible games, it's just they annoy me and that's it. Actually it goes further than that, I don't like most games where I have to repeat chunk of a game (many times) until I get it right or get lucky, that's why I haven't finished any of new wave of roguelites too, I think. But I don't hate rhythm games or anything... IDK, I still probably should just stop trying, not that I don't have what to play.
The sad side of it, it rules out a lot of short games! (><)

Looking nice. Really impressive that a one-man team is still putting so much effort into this game even though most likely most sales are done already. Shows that it is a work of passion of him.

He's also bringing the game to PS4 really soon. I guess that's the reason for the move to UE4.

Turfster

I found the other boss before that one a lot more frustrating with all the modifiers + hard difficulty. The final boss took me a fraction of the retries. Both were complete ass though.

Yeah, that one was bad too, but at least you could distract him.

GOG has the good, non-drm-infested Riddick on sale this weekend.

Bundlestars is having a Retroism 80% off sale
They also added a Puzzle Bundle:
Price: 2.49$
  • Puzzler World
  • Puzzler World 2
  • Lexica
  • Reignmaker
  • School bus fun
  • Dungeon of elements
  • Millie
  • IGT slots paradise garden

I actually haven't started yet, is that HD rework going to be a free upgrade or a new version of the game? Wondering if I should wait.
Hm. No clue to be honest. I guess it is going to be free?! Would be pretty upsetting for some early-owners to have to pay again for just a graphics update I think. Can't imagine a dev making that decision lightly.... apart Namco :p (I kid, I kid. I know there are more than just better visuals in DS2+)
He's also bringing the game to PS4 really soon. I guess that's the reason for the move to UE4.
Didn't know. That makes more sense then. But the game already looked amazing - no matter being indie or small team. He could have straight up ported the Unreal3 version and it still would blow some socks.
I appreciate the dev and the work he puts into it. Then again, I always root for the underdog.

Maniac

Banned
I'm sorry everyone...There's been another death in the XCOM squad..
Maniac encountered a Thin Man and it poisoned him, that itself was no problem for Maniac, but in that same mission the XCOM squad encountered an alien we hadn't seen before, a Muton.
An incredibly powerful alien that they use for front line combat, the Muton managed to deal severe damage to Maniac and the poison in addition to the damage, it was too much for Maniac...

However, in his dying breath, Maniac rushed to the Muton and stunned it, allowing the rest of the squad to bring it back for our research team to interrogate, the Muton knew just about everything about the alien weaponry allowing the research team to come up with new weapons that will no doubt save many lives in the future.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten Maniac.

It seems the loss of Milamber and Maniac has motivated you and the rest of the squad to perform your best.

The latest objective was to assault the alien central base, and we did just that.
There were at least 3 Mutons, 6 Chryssalids, and more thin-men and aliens than I can even remember, and in addition to that an Alien Commander was found, with the ability to mind control members of the XCOM squad, Jawmuncher was aggressive in the approach to the alien commander and if Cpl.Titch and Cpt. Deques hadn't been quick on the draw, it looked like Jawmuncher would've killed Cpt. Dragon!

But in the end, the assault was a massive success with zero casualties! Zkylon and Jawmuncher were a very useful tag-team, Jawmuncher would rush in with a shotgun to greet the aliens and Zkylon would put a bullet right between their eyes.

It's not the end of the war with the aliens, but the XCOM squad has dealt them a massive blow, so much so worldwide panic was reduced by 2 and the council said it was well beyond their expectations.

The aliens can't possibly be ready for an attack on anything after a blow like that, so it looks like we can rest for a few days, and it looks like a lot of you need it with the wounds you're carrying around.

It... Was an honor... Sir! /Ded
How many more deaths shall we be subjected against!?

I will never forgot how with his last breath Maniac punched the sky a fighter till the end may his soul rest in peace.

The alien scum will pay you have my word on it.

Ya'll are making me cry.

AVENGE MEEEE!

Maniac

Banned
Switch to Safari, bestest browser :p

I use Opera, bitches!

Or well, forcefully. Today I found out that my TV-set-box-thing that I mostly use for Netflix runs netflix through Opera.

I found that out because Opera fucking broke and I just had to kill the box to fix it -_-

FF on PC all day erry day doe. Muh sweet 400 tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom