• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
Netcode is still atrocious in advanced warfare. I shoot a dude and die, but apparently I never fired a single bullet on his screen.

Bravo, Slegehammer. Bravo.

Being human means having limits, I've learned something.
The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along.

As long as you are human...you'll never get past those limits.

BUT I'M MOVING BEYOND HUMANITY!!!
AND I'LL USE THE BLOOD OF AN ALIEN COMMANDER TO DO SO.

adrUSps.jpg

Congratulations Zkylon and _hekk05, you're now psionic soldiers.

Backlogger

taking names for my XCOM unit again. can i get 3 more brave volunteers?

I will, but only as a Sniper :)

I was really hooked on this game on my initial play through. I want to swing back and play the Enemy Within campaign. I really didn't care for turn based games until I played this one.

Lomax

GMG has a bunch of random stuff on sale including the two Lego Star Wars titles at 50% off + 20% off Voucher (KPMN32-6VRM69-6INRND). $8 is about as cheap as those two ever get. Mac only and NOT STEAM. Carry on, nothing to see here. These are not the droids you are looking for.

wilflare

random qn
but anyone knows where's the best place or what's the best way
to convert say Amazon GC into PayPal Cash (preferably1:1)?

Jawmuncher

Being human means having limits, I've learned something.
The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along.

As long as you are human...you'll never get past those limits.

BUT I'M MOVING BEYOND HUMANITY!!!
AND I'LL USE THE BLOOD OF AN ALIEN COMMANDER TO DO SO.

Congratulations Zkylon and _hekk05, you're now psionic soldiers.

I'm on mobile so it's hard for me to go back and search but did I get in on this? I'm probably already Dea if so.

Vlad

So, speaking of Space Engineers, I'm playing around with it for the free weekend, and something's bugging me that I can't seem to figure out from my browsing around:

Is it at all possible to start from absolute scratch in survival mode? As far as I can tell, you need at least the basic starting ship in order to do anything. Any method of generating power needs the assembler to be created, and the assembler itself requires material that you need an assembler to build in the first place.

Perhaps I'm just too used to Minecraft, but I was hoping for some way to start from absolutely nothing, but that doesn't seem to be possible, right?

Teggy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syberia II -- MB-5E6088D74A16BD12 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Still Life -- MB-6FCD832A41F5468F - Taken by legacyzero. 4 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-9D9667A8F2351521 - Taken by agniswarm. 4 entrants total.

t1424466780z1.png

are the characters from the super special resident evil rev 2 edition still unlockable in game or are they only obtainable from the pre order ?

The Raid mode characters? I think I saw someone here say that the pre-order DLC would all be available to everyone to purchase at some point. If I pre-order it will be with Nuuvem since the Complete Edition there is only about $21.

inm8num2

I'm still not sure what exactly Jazzpunk is. Is it more gamey than 30 flights of loving?

Haven't played 30FoL, but Jazzpunk has a couple basic puzzles IIRC (mostly in the form of mini games). It's pretty short (~2 hours) but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Some good laughs and writing. The game emphasizes interacting with wacky characters and exploring the environments.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm still not sure what exactly Jazzpunk is. Is it more gamey than 30 flights of loving?

Yeah, much more gamey. The gameplay is not really the main thing of it, sure, but at least you actually have to interact. The game is great because of the hilarious writing and setting.

Ruruja

Why's Winning Post 8 2015 showing up on my Steam store when it's only available in Japan, what a fucking teeeeaaaaase.

Any news on it getting a western release on Steam?

i wonder what level of hell the rights are for Cryostasis. I missed it when it was bundled shortly before being pulled from steam and it looks to never be coming back to the service.

MUnited83

For you.
Why's Winning Post 8 2015 showing up on my Steam store when it's only available in Japan, what a fucking teeeeaaaaase.

Any news on it getting a western release on Steam?

Doesn't seem the kind of game that will ever get a western release, imo. That 69,99€ price tag tho, ahhah

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still to this day prefer RF2 to Guerilla. Had a lot of fun with the more arena shooter type game it was. The MP was also very cery fun with split screen and bots back on PS2. Shame the pc version has no online (doubtful anyone would be playing anyway). But the bot mode is fun. Also I really liked the enemy armor design for sopots guard and that speech on the main menu is ingrained is my mind.
We fight alone against an insidious enemy,. An enemy who would destroy the Commonwealth! And have our nation crumble from within.

My list that Turfster loves
1.RF1
2.RF2
3.RFG
4.RFA

They got worse if you ask me but all are atill worth playing if you were to say you wanted to play the RF series.
So that's what the voice says in the menu? I couldn't understand a word, lol

I do want to play them all, already started with RF1 two years ago and liked it very much. The Mars setting did that game a favor, making it stand out from other shooters, somethign that was lost in the sequel with the Earth setting.

If you want a frantic FPS then RF2 is OK, but I don't like dealing with respawning baddies. Can't really explain it, but to me it felt completely different from the previous game, like it didn't belong to the same franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom