• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

K&L2 is better than its reputation. Not a lot and the post-processing is just too excessive but you can have some mindless, quick fun and it's over in less than 4hrs.

Ozium

I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox. I hope the issue is never fixed; it's the Steam equivalent of the PS3 clock/battery overlay problem.

one more notch against Firefox in the great Browser debate of 2015

marked it on the chalkboard.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Teggy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Teggy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syberia II -- MB-5E6088D74A16BD12 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Still Life -- MB-6FCD832A41F5468F - Taken by legacyzero. 4 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-9D9667A8F2351521 - Taken by agniswarm. 4 entrants total.

t1424466780z1.png

madjoki

now I am confused (more than usual)

so there is no Devil's Third Online, it's called "Blast Pad" now but then why was it named Devil's Third Online?

what is going on? IS EVERYBODY TAKING CRAZY PILLS? what is Blast Pad? Is it related to Devil's Turd?

edit: Night Shift got cards, but someone else can post about it using the icons and the highlight text

Maybe they renamed it to prevent future leaks?
But since we know appid, so we can still monitor if app gets updated in future.

But we can't be sure until it's released.

Arthea

I'm trying very hard not to buy Hero of the Kingdom II, it has naval battles now too?
OMG, that's so hard (><)

edited: btw, where is our goty?
that totally was a rhetorical question

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm trying very hard not to buy Hero of the Kingdom II, it has naval battles now too?
OMG, that's so hard (><)

Same here - I really liked the first one, even though I got it from a bundle.

Parsnip

So my resident evil 5 just randomly started updating with a 100 megabyte patch.

Are they finally removing GFWL on it? Or what is this?

Nah, there's been updates but nothing is live yet.
The patch is just dx redist and vc redist.

edit: By the by, Double Fine sent a Kickstarter survey for Massive Chalice backers about how they would like to appear in the credits. Getting close to release I guess.
Somewhat amusing that Massive Chalice seems preparing to release before Broken Age part 2 is out.

Pupo

Completed Yakuza 4. Hell, what a good game.
Even if I did the main plot missions only, I feel pretty satisfied. I hope Sony will give Yakuza 3 and the one with zombies too free with Plus.
2Gqu1bU.jpg

17 hours? and the main missions was only 5% holy shit.
I'm still at 2% =d

Monooboe

I really would love to play a Yakuza game again, played the first a ton and only tried the third one. Sega seems to like PC somewhat so why can't they just bring them over?:D

Arthea

Same here - I really liked the first one, even though I got it from a bundle.

I bought the first one hoping it's something like Rune Factory and was disappointed at the start but by the end I liked it for what it is.

I really would love to play a Yakuza game again, played the first a ton and only tried the third one. Sega seems to like PC somewhat so why can't they just bring them over?:D

exactly!
only not the zombie one, I really hope Sega won't decide to check waters with that one. It would be a disaster.

Terra_Ex

Completed Yakuza 4. Hell, what a good game.
Even if I did the main plot missions only, I feel pretty satisfied. I hope Sony will give Yakuza 3 and the one with zombies too free with Plus.
2Gqu1bU.jpg
Damn son, you only played like a fraction of the game. You have to physically restrain me from messing about with that grabbing claw game and all the other crap you can do.

Annubis

I did a mission because I need to do to proceed with the plot (
when you need to test Yaruko making her work for three days and gaining 3 million)
, man, I hated that section, lol.

That's hostess maker, I'm talking about being a client.
Spend money on the girl, charm her and take her out to the batting center.

Funny story
After you 'conquer' a girl, the screen turns to black and then both of you are in front of the batting center and she tells you she loves you.
I couldn't understand for the life of me why I was bringing all the girls to the batting center.
Eventually, I realized that the hotel district is also right next to the batting center which means they just had sex.
That made a lot more sense.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I know there's a BST thread but anyone in Steam GAF interested in trading their copy of Lisa for my copy of Sniper Elite 3? PM me.

Upped to the BTA, so here's an extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut -- MB-572DF6B0BAF7CAA1 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.

t1424470021z1.png

Vlad

Well, it's a sad day, indeed. I've had my eye on Space Engineers for quite some time, and I missed out on the last free weekend. Imagine my joy when I saw that they're doing another one this weekend! I installed it last night, and poked around a bit with the game today...

And promptly uninstalled it. It really seems like the kind of thing I'd like, and maybe I'm missing something, but the survival aspect seems really wonky. I didn't want to start with all that much, so I kept trying out the world that's a big platform attached to an asteroid, with no starting ships. I figured I'd be able to start small, then go from there.

However, in the several hours I was playing, I never even managed to build a single ship. Hell, the first thing I wanted to build was a storage crate (seems like the equivalent to Minecraft's chest), and I never even got one of THOSE built. Without the ship, my choices for materials was what happened to be in the asteroid I started on, or using my jetpack to scoot to the other asteroids nearby and check them out for materials. However, it seems like most of the pieces you need for nearly any ship require silicon, gold, or platinum, and I could never seem to actually FIND all of the necessary materials. After trudging back and forth between my home and the asteroids far in the distance, I just couldn't take it any more.

Add to that the fact that you're constantly burning through energy just by breathing (not to mention using the jetpack, refining ores, assembling components, and so on), and there really doesn't seem to be that much uranium generated in the world, so it constantly felt like a losing battle to keep my base powered.

Lomax

Kane and Lynch 1? It's GFWL. How are they generating the keys?

Doesn't steam have a stockpile? It's still sold on the main store. (I activated my HB copy and it gave me a key on the game page, though I haven't tried yet to see if it works in GWFL). And it's not like GFWL ever actually got killed, so what would stop companies from generating more keys as needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom