• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

i'm actually a little surprised at how well DR3 runs for me. i5 4690k and Radeon 7870. My FPS mostly hovers in the 50s and sometimes 40s with a few drops into the 30s, but it never seems to go below 30. I had to turn the textures down for my 2GB card which has been giving me bad pop-in on the DLC stories, though it seemed mostly fine when I was in the main game.

I'm having a ton of fun with it and am now at around 35 hours with another DLC story left.

Chariot

Eh, I don't think MS had anything to do with the PC ports.
Or that they care much about it as a gaming platform.
I don't know much how this works, but if they payed for the production or the exclusivity on their console they can also pay for a decent port, yes?

took me 17 hours to finish Rogue Legacy. Really, it's a hell of a game and i enjoyed that, with enough decent gold runs, anyone can finish it. I played a ton of Spelunky and i think i only got to the temple levels like twice so it's nice to play a similar game where i felt a sense of accomplish and i could make up for my meager skills.

I'm at 41 hours and I still need to beat the last boss.

Lomax

I'm fairly certain Stump is correct and devs can't generate GFWL keys. Otherwise we would still have games like Fable 3 on Steam.

But has anything else been pulled? Bulletstorm actually came back, I'd think if anything that's evidence to the contrary. I just assume Microsoft pulled Fable 3 because of reasons, or preemptively. There's still tons and tons of games sold on Steam that require GFWL, do we really believe they are all just relying exclusively on their existing stockpile of keys?

Died to a bat. Time to start a new game.
5Zz4HFq.png

iosefe

Robo Milamber has been gravely wounded, as has Chloe Bayonetta out for a month. keep them in your prayers for a swift recovery

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey it's the 21st already, where da GotY list at!

At any rate, anyone tried Victor Vran yet?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/345180/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Just had an hour session.
It's a Diablo like with some bits of an Action game.
ie: You move the character with the AWSD keys.

In the Early Access most of the enemies are Spiders and Skeleton but there's enough variety to keep it entertaining while you check new guns and swords.

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-746E1CDBE49039EB - Taken by billmcdougal. 7 entrants total.

t1424490888z1.png

I also still have a gift copy of ibb and obb Steam gift for anyone that can make me laugh with a drawing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Steam newbie silly question incoming!

So in my Game Library it shows "Crusader Kings II - 2 days left", what does it mean?
That i can play it for free for 2 days ?

Thanks!

derExperte

Huh, somehow I managed to never get The Ship. And apparently there are still a bunch of people playing. Entering, thx!

So in my Game Library it shows "Crusader Kings II - 2 days left", what does it mean?

Thanks!

Exactly. CK2 and CoD:AW (multiplayer) have a free weekend promotion going on.

titch

Thanks!

You get free weekends for games now and again - you can d/l and play them during this time - i think one of the cod games is free just now too.

Fersis

Huh, somehow I managed to never get The Ship. And apparently there are still a bunch of people playing. Entering, thx!

Exactly. CK2 and CoD:AW (multiplayer) have a free weekend promotion going on.

You get free weekends for games now and again - you can d/l and play them during this time - i think one of the cod games is free just now too.
Thanks dudes!

CKII is hella complex for me @__@

Momentary

Banned
Man looking at Project Phoenix. The Kickstarter was funded September 2013. Here is footage of the December 2014 build (demo)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixGwJ4YiLw#t=141

I really though that they would be further along than this. Also, they are now hiring for programmers familiar with Unreal.

Hyper Light Drifter is another game that seems to be trudging along.

A.N.N.E. and Chasm are taking a long time as well, but every time they show an update to their game it's leaps and strides better than the last. The other games? Not so much.

Needless to say Hyper Light Drifter does seem to be further along than Project Phoenix.

I should have donated to something that would have actually made progress. Like that new Shadowrun game. Damn.

Thiaf is stealing 19 GB from me. It's already won this war...
Man looking at Project Phoenix. The Kickstarter was funded September 2013. Here is footage of the December 2014 build (demo)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixGwJ4YiLw#t=141

I really though that they would be further along than this. Also, they are now hiring for programmers familiar with Unreal.

Hyper Light Drifter is another game that seems to be trudging along.

A.N.N.E. and Chasm are taking a long time as well, but every time they show an update to their game it's leaps and strides better than the last. The other games? Not so much.

Needless to say Hyper Light Drifter does seem to be further along than Project Phoenix.

I should have donated to something that would have actually made progress. Like that new Shadowrun game. Damn.
Harebrained Schemes' first Shadowrun game was nothing remarkable. It's taken a lot of effort and two re-releases to get it to where it is. It also helps that the Shadowrun creator is involved; as I understand he's the writer, and he's a damn good writer.

An aside, but I feel like a lot of KS projects lose programmers partway through. That seems troubling, especially when it's the very core of making any game. I wonder why that is...

derExperte

Thanks Nintendo for not transferring my games and save files from the old to the new 3DS. I mean I must've done something wrong but no idea what. It's an unbelievably convoluted process with a million prompts and I noticed too late since it includes formatting the source system.

Fortunately I didn't lose too much progress but still, why do I keep giving those bozos money? *checkscoverplatesonamazon*

Derp

Finished MGR. What a great game. Most awesome boss battles ever (and once you learn all their moves and become beast at parrying/dodging it's so damn fun).

When i initially tried to beat Armstrong i thought he was the hardest thing ever, but he's actually insanely easy. You can do it easily without being hit once (whereas i would find that harder with Monsoon).

I hope they do a sequel or something.

Lomax

Thiaf is stealing 19 GB from me. It's already won this war...

Harebrained Schemes' first Shadowrun game was nothing remarkable. It's taken a lot of effort and two re-releases to get it to where it is. It also helps that the Shadowrun creator is involved; as I understand he's the writer, and he's a damn good writer.

An aside, but I feel like a lot of KS projects lose programmers partway through. That seems troubling, especially when it's the very core of making any game. I wonder why that is...

I'd imagine Kickstarters are prone to losing programmers because the ones doing it as a pet project realize they need to make money and go get other jobs, and the ones they hire can't possibly accomplish everything the Kickstarter wanted before the money runs out. I mean, have we seen even a single Kickstarter get enough money to hire more than 2 or 3 people for multiple years? They all seem to base their projections on unrealistic completion times of 6 months to a year and when the projects run over, it's not like those people they hire are just going to work for free.

This is why the largest majority of successful Kickstarter projects up to now were either done by a pre-existing company with resources to pull from, or the project was already 75% or more done by the time it hit Kickstarter, or both. Either that or they've only survived because they released on Steam as Early Access and got another infusion of funds. Personally I'd like to know if there's even a single Kickstarter game project out there that managed to come in under budget, much less on time (not counting games like FTL and Giana Sisters that were already mostly complete).

I don't want to sound anti-Kickstarter, because I'm not at all, but realistic financial projections are few and far between. Heck, half the reason I ended up supporting the new Shadowrun Hong Kong Kickstarter was because it seemed like they were honest and realistic about about what they needed the funding for and how it would be used.

Thanks Nintendo for not transferring my games and save files from the old to the new 3DS. I mean I must've done something wrong but no idea what. It's an unbelievably convoluted process with a million prompts and I noticed too late since it includes formatting the source system.

Fortunately I didn't lose too much progress but still, why do I keep giving those bozos money? *checkscoverplatesonamazon*

Did you move the contents of the SD card to the micro SD card after the transfer?

ExoSoul

Banned

A lot of people have the same complaint.

derExperte

Did you move the contents of the SD card to the micro SD card after the transfer?

The old system got completely wiped and I did the wireless thing so it should've moved everything over without manual copying. Must've chosen the wrong option somewhere, some of the prompts/questions were rather weirdly worded. Good thing I completed a few downloaded games recently so the loss isn't too great.

zkylon

zkylewd
Let's just say all genders are capable of being stupid, bigoted, and ignorant.
yeahhh, i don't think i'll ever understand where you're going with this, so let's leave it at i'm dumb

meh not paying 7 bucks for kane & lynch even if zkylon says it's good
don't spend 7 bucks on it

i also don't say it's good, i say it's interesting and probably a good game to do critical analysis on if you care about that sort of stuff, but most definitely not a game i would be like "yeah just buy it you'll love it"

Congratulations Zkylon, not only are you a Psionic soldier, you're also the first one to level up to Colonel rank, now, TOGETHER WE'LL SHOW THESE ALIENS THE TRUE MIGHT OF XCOM ENGINEERING!
this is doing wonders for my self steem

now if you could only give me the pink jumpsuit i deserve

inm8num2

Whenever I see clips or gifs of the amazing creations people have made in Besiege, I realize I am too dumb to do anything as remotely interesting or clever in that game.

MUnited83

For you.
Get outta here, Kane and Lynch and Kane and Lynch 2 are both great games. Great single player, great multiplayer.

I understand I am one of the 5 people in the world that think this.

BasilZero

Dat Amazon SEGA Genesis Classics collection #1-5 bundle is mine ;3

Anyways, Agarest: Generations of War 2 was released yesterday? What a pleasant surprise! Moar jRPGs the better ;P

Anyways, anyone here know if there's a chance that Ubisoft might do their special sale on Steam - they usually do it on February ;(

I want Prince of Persia n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom