• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Chapter 4 of Leon's campaign from RE6 is insane. I actually enjoyed the ride even if it was stuffed to the gills with cinematics.

On a different note, Lost Planet 3 is surprisingly decent and very atmospheric. The story has been mentioned as a high point, so I'm looking forward to seeing it through.

Rafy

problem solved but I hate the solution. I had to activate DMZ on my PC's IP which is basically bypassing the firewall and removes the need to open ports (which did not work anyways). It's super non-secure but hey, got to do it for this weekend...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Congrats on the fake +1.

Is this the game collector equivalent of

hhgWl9m.gif
?

Man Puncher, will you PLEASE stop panicking so much?!
A few aliens appear and suddenly you're freaking out and shooting all willy-nilly!

You're going to end up getting someone killed!

With that said, your panicking skills are really impressive, on quite a few rounds you've managed to deal the killing blow to an alien that would've otherwise killed a unit, so...I guess thanks for being easily scared?

Phawx

My Let's Play of Catacomb Kids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9310oIFNIds

Quick Impressions: Roguelite Platformer with tons of RPG mechanics. As you explore, your map will slowly flesh itself out with an almost intense fog-of-war shrouding your playing field which managed to kill me good with traps just out of sight. Even though I know they are randomly generated levels, they feel designed with cruel intentions. Which is to say, this game is HARD. Unmercifully hard. And it's permadeath.

But the game is about experimenting. Not only do you have to pick a class with specfic attributes, you're given a random roster of characters to choose from (within that class) that have a random assortment of starting equipment and attributes.

And even though it's only version 0.0.6 game is really tight. Animations are excellent (in my Let's Play, I land on a ledge and my character had to catch his balance which felt perfect for the situation because there were a set of spikes right below me) as well as cause and effect. Find a potion and drink it? Now you have an empty glass bottle. You could throw it at an enemy or drop it on a trap.

You can carefully open doors so that you may re-close them, or you could bust them open and then destroy them.

There are only two classes to choose from right now with another four to be released at a later date.

I think my only real complaint is that it's local co-op and not online co-op.​

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was just given a huge-ass scare in Resident Evil HD Remaster, didn't know about the hidden Red Hunter, I've never even heard about, interesting easter egg and jeez, it got me good. XD;

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Whoa, this is a thing?

I don't know how well known it is known or whatever, but when you restore power to the elevator, don't go into the elevator. I wanted to run back and drop something off in an item box before I went up the elevator, so I went through the kitchen up the stairs rather than taking the elevator, and was going to go to the item box in the item room where Rebecca stays in the first half of the game on Chris' campaign (where the antidote is for Richard), and suddenly one of the hallway doors next to the dining hall just swung open super quickly and a Red Hunter jumped out. I killed it quickly, but figured out it looked different than a normal Hunter. Google'd and apparently it's still relatively unknown, but known by some easter egg, it's the only Hunter like it in the game, a Red Hunter, based off of the Sweeper Hunter seen in Code Veronica. It's just a bit more powerful than a normal Hunter and can poison you (didn't know that until right now, I shot it dead and didn't get hit by it).

Redhunter.png

Ban Puncher

Man Puncher, will you PLEASE stop panicking so much?!
A few aliens appear and suddenly you're freaking out and shooting all willy-nilly!

You're going to end up getting someone killed!

With that said, your panicking skills are really impressive, on quite a few rounds you've managed to deal the killing blow to an alien that would've otherwise killed a unit, so...I guess thanks for being easily scared?

Be alert, not alarmed.

Monooboe

Aaaah, I don't think I'm going to do anything else today other than play games. Need to finish Ether One but damn getting all those projectors are quite hard. Did someone here play through it and can give me a very subtle hint about the door in the pub?:D

I don't know how well known it is known or whatever, but when you restore power to the elevator, don't go into the elevator. I wanted to run back and drop something off in an item box before I went up the elevator, so I went through the kitchen up the stairs rather than taking the elevator, and was going to go to the item box in the item room where Rebecca stays in the first half of the game on Chris' campaign (where the antidote is for Richard), and suddenly one of the hallway doors next to the dining hall just swung open super quickly and a Red Hunter jumped out. I killed it quickly, but figured out it looked different than a normal Hunter. Google'd and apparently it's still relatively unknown, but known by some easter egg, it's the only Hunter like it in the game, a Red Hunter, based off of the Sweeper Hunter seen in Code Veronica. It's just a bit more powerful than a normal Hunter and can poison you (didn't know that until right now, I shot it dead and didn't get hit by it).

Redhunter.png

Man, first time I hear of this, this game has so many tricks up its sleeve.

Redhunter.png
That's crazy. I'm still learning new things about this game...

zkylon

zkylewd
one more down!
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

the novelist is a cool game, i very much enjoyed how it set up the tough choices of juggling parenting, marriage and career and the struggle of personal and family happiness and how making a choice wasn't necessarily completely blocking off the others. that's a thing a lot of decisionmaking games get wrong, choice in real life is nuanced and often there are compromises that can be made and even if you can't do it all you can at least try. and while the presentation of this game is certainly dramatic it's also filled with little triumphs of sequences in that you manage to balance things out correctly and the general feeling that what you're sacrificing things for is worth it

i did not care whatsoever for the weird "stealth" mechanics and i seriously considered turning them off as it was making the game way more stressful than needed be. i would advice people to just set the game to "story" difficulty or whatever, having mostly meaningless stealth gameplay doesn't add up much, it isn't even all that hard to avoid getting seen, but i feel like it messes up with the pacing and just doesn't allow you to explore and notice the small details that change on every sequence

overall i really enjoyed it and recommend it for people that liked gone home and other such games.

what's next, then?

The old system got completely wiped and I did the wireless thing so it should've moved everything over without manual copying. Must've chosen the wrong option somewhere, some of the prompts/questions were rather weirdly worded. Good thing I completed a few downloaded games recently so the loss isn't too great.

The system gets wiped but the SD card remains intact. That's where your games are. When I transferred my data from my New 3DS to my New 3DS XL, the stock icons were in the right places (activity log etc.) but there were several columns of empty spaces where my games should be. I swapped the micro SD cards and they appeared without a problem.

derExperte

If anyone here is affected by the Lenovo Superfish drama here's the official removal tool: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

The system gets wiped but the SD card remains intact. That's where your games are. When I transferred my data from my New 3DS to my New 3DS XL, the stock icons were in the right places (activity log etc.) but there were several columns of empty spaces where my games should be. I swapped the micro SD cards and they appeared without a problem.

Hmhmhm. Unfortunately I don't have a card reader and the SD in my o3DS is the original big one, so it doesn't fit into the n3DS.

titch

Looks like DLGamer is getting removed from Enhanced Steam. They're not leaving a good enough impression for me to recommend them to 1.6 million people.

Nothing like trying to purchase something on a Friday night and not being able to because they're supposed to call you(?) with some sort of access code then never do...

EDIT: well, looks like it finally went through. Not a good impression though, but it looks like the code they sent worked.

I got my DS from them - weird system they have bloody weird.

Game came through ok though.

Knurek

After roughly 120 hours, I'm done with both Umineko and Umineko Chiru.
I... I don't know what to do with myself anymore. My life feels so empty all of a sudden...

Mangagamer, where's that Steam Higurashi?

Ban Puncher

After roughly 120 hours, I'm done with both Umineko and Umineko Chiru.
I... I don't know what to do with myself anymore. My life feels so empty all of a sudden...

Mangagamer, where's that Steam Higurashi?

Why you buy, install and play Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS is what you do.

Maniac

Banned
Hey... Hey Jase...

Guess who won AC:Rogue from GamersGate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And I don't even know how to make a haiku!

derExperte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom