• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

So, first episode of Wolf Among Us done...
I really don't see how a person can say that TWD and TWAU are awesome and say Telltale's Jurassic Park was bad at the same time.
All three are pretty much the same, gameplay-wise.

I'd imagine the big difference is people already know the story of Jurassic Park and have expectations of it (which as I understand the game somewhat tried to follow but didn't do it very well), whereas with TWD and TWAU it was something new and unique (in terms of story). That expectation makes a massive difference in terms of impression and enjoyment, and can remove a lot of the sense of player agency.

Arthea

so, there is this achievement in Runespell Overture - win 20 battles without leaving the game. I spent half of the day in game to get it... What do devs think when they add cheevos like that? That people play games nonstop or something?

I haven't, they just haven't given me a steam key yet :-(

I'm mighty scared that I might not get it at all, hopefully I will.

Momentary

Banned
I wandered into the console screenshot thread and saw Order 1886 and it felt like I was losing my vision. It looks like it is smeared in some kind of grease. I don't see how it's getting praise for it's aesthetics. Maybe it looks better in motion because pictures do not do that game justice. I'm sure when a bullshit photomode comes out people will be parading that crap as the power of the PS4 just like all the other bullshit photomode crap from games like Driveclub.

Lomax

so, there is this achievement in Runespell Overture - win 20 battles without leaving the game. I spent half of the day in game to get it... What do devs think when they add cheevos like that? That people play games nonstop or something?

I'm mighty scared that I might not get it at all, hopefully I will.

What's even more annoying about the achievements to that game is that it's basically impossible to get the "play all battles once" achievement on the first playthrough, and there's no way to know which one didn't trigger, so some people have had to play through it three or four times to get it to unlock. I enjoyed playing it, but not enough to even try doing it again.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be on GAF for a while, but enjoy anyways!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-F223029C083D8FBD - Taken by Naked Snake
Dead Bits -- MB-425B580769B8DCC8 - Taken by Purkake4

Chariot

I wondered into the console screenshot thread and saw Order 1886 and it felt like I was losing my vision. It looks like it is smeared in some kind of grease. I don't see how it's getting praise for it's aesthetics. Maybe it looks better in motion because pictures do not do that game justice. I'm sure when a bullshit photomode comes out people will be parading that crap as the power of the PS4 just like all the other bullshit photomode crap from games like Driveclub.
Just look at some of the gameplay videos or reviews with footage on YouTube. It sure does look good, but for a high price.

The Order is like a trophy wife. She looks fine and you can brag about her to your friends. But ultimately the love life is shallow and over very fast.

Install the steam version of your game. Wait until it downloads a few megabytes, then pause the install process. Copy your installed physical copies to the steamapps/common/oblivion folder, then resume the steam install. If all works well, Steam will recognize most of the files and only download a few files.

Thanks a lot! I'll try this out.

_hekk05

Banned
I wandered into the console screenshot thread and saw Order 1886 and it felt like I was losing my vision. It looks like it is smeared in some kind of grease. I don't see how it's getting praise for it's aesthetics. Maybe it looks better in motion because pictures do not do that game justice. I'm sure when a bullshit photomode comes out people will be parading that crap as the power of the PS4 just like all the other bullshit photomode crap from games like Driveclub.

Supposed to fit the haziness of old school london, where burning coal was a thing. I find it quite well done. Been in a few hazy cities in my life.

Just look at some of the gameplay videos or reviews with footage on YouTube. It sure does look good, but for a high price.

The Order is like a trophy wife. She looks fine and you can brag about her to your friends. But ultimately the love life is shallow and over very fast.

Welp

MUnited83

For you.
is there any region lockresident evil revelations 2 from nuuvem ?

Activable in the Americas(North,Center and South), Middle East/Africa/most Asian countries. Only locked for Europe and Japan I believe.

United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Republic of, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.

That said, it's only a activation lock, so one in Europe can easily activate with VPN.

Milamber

I can't wait to relive my Homeworld games in HD. I hope it's mod friendly. Gotta have mah Star Wars mods.

Also a bit OT, the petshop near my office went belly up and started clearing stock. I impulse bought some french top soil, 2 kg bag of gravel and some sketchy chinese 7 gallon all in one aquarium/lights/filter thingy, all for $20-ish.

Chariot

Gotta write an euphemism about the supposedly good gun handling, but overall weak enemy encounters.
We really need the talk.

Well, Americans are known to spontaneously start clapping whenever Europeans walk by.
1y234GV.png

MUnited83

For you.

Having played it at a store for 15 minutes: it looks very very good. Easily one of the best looking games ever released in any platform. I don't think the screenshots on that thread do it justice but I suspect it's because of the compression that happens to PS4 screenshots, which especially fuck up screenshots in darker games. I'd love if someone on the thread some screenshots with a capture card, it will look quite better.

It's the best looking game that has been released by far. It is honestly on the level of the original Crysis (although no where near as ambitious) of being so ridiculously far above the pack visually that I fear it'll be years before even half of games look as good. Every texture is perfection, the lighting affects the environment and character shadows, there are shaders on everything and so on. There have been numerous times so far where I honestly had to stop because I couldn't believe I was actually playing a game. It might be a flawed game but the presentation is completely unmatched. Has nothing to do with the power of the PS4 of course, but with the budget and skill of the tech team at ready at dawn. The only real flaw in the presentation is there are no reflections for character models on windows and puddles which stands out given the detail every where else.

I haven't seen or heard about anyone getting banned for activating a key through a VPN. Gifts are a different thing from what I heard though.
You should be good here.

Activating steam keys is considered safe, with virtually no reports of a ban ever happening because of it. Activating gifts may be a different story, as it affects Valve bottomline directly.

allright, thanks

Either I'm really attached to monster hunter 4 or I think the 3 hours I played of evolve is enough to satisfy me and I can uninstall the game(didn't even get to play as the great lord chtulu). Hmmm... I'll force myself to play it when I get home later, maybe it might get its hooks into me. If not, back to monster hunter and smash(which none of you cowards even dare to accept my challenge in).

Since you seem interested, I'd recommend at least unlocking Cthulhu. He's my favorite, and having the monster variety is nice.

derExperte

Yep, the post processing is excessive. Also almost no AF, so better not look at ground textures more than a few meters away.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Still got Overcast.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-F223029C083D8FBD - Taken by Naked Snake

HoosTrax

Ugh, have to say, I'm a little annoyed with the constant character turnover in FFIV (NPCs constantly leaving and rejoining, which causes major level imbalances in my party). I'm also not fond of the female characters being typecast as healers due to the lack of role customization in this game. And I hate the over-reliance on Counters (particularly with bosses) and the overly high success rate of status effects when used by enemies.

I like that there's more emphasis on character development in this game, but other than that, a lot of little things are annoying me about this game. Going to be happy to finish this one off and move on to FF7. Been years since I last played that one. After that, plan to play through FF8 for the first time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom