• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. It's a safe bet just like The Order.
Outside of the game's complete lack of resolution and underdeveloped Lycan combat the problems with the Order have always been pretty clear. People knew what to expect going in, Bloodbourne seems like a relatively safe bet.

I just preordered bloodborne dont do this to me

r88UPfH.jpg

derExperte

The game is by From Software, and we've seen enough gameplay footage to get an idea of what it'd play like.
Have faith in From.

They said comparable things about The Order.
Look at RaD's previous games. So great.
Look at the gameplay. So visceral.
Look at the tears. So many.

get PS+ for those "free" vita games and well the decent additional bonus discounts during sales I guess?

I've had it for over a year and the only titles I actually played were Demon's Souls, Vanquished, Uncharted Golden Abyss and the Jak Trilogy. I'd have been happier just buying them and having perpetually* accessible from my account without paying a subscription. Other than Uncharted, all the Vita games that interest me are available on Steam.

*Terms and conditions apply, not not as many as PS + subscriptions

wilflare

I've had it for over a year and the only titles I actually played were Demon's Souls, Vanquished, Uncharted Golden Abyss and the Jak Trilogy. I'd have been happier just buying them and having perpetually* accessible from my account without paying a subscription. Other than Uncharted, all the Vita games that interest me are available on Steam.

but :( playing on the go is awesome. but I guess not everyone needs or enjoys that portability

Tizoc

They said comparable things about The Order.
Look at RaD's previous games. So great.
Look at the gameplay. So visceral.
Look at the tears. So many.

You've never played a From game or Souls game before have you?

Don't believe in Bloodborne.

Believe in me that believes in Bloodborne.

d29.png

You're the last person on GAF I'd ever believe in.

The Vita has access to some great PSP games, not all on PC/Steam, unless you're talking about Plus games.

I played the alpha and if the alpha is anything to go by, the final product will be a masterpiece.

J9UqAR5.gif

This GIF alone should be enough to separate it from The Order.

the portability within the house is awesome too. but I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone :(

I play it while commuting, waiting for transport, long rides, etc.

Yeah I just use it while lying on the couch or in bed, the suspend/resume feature is super useful as well
lol PS4
. Playing games on handhelds is just different from sitting in front of a big TV or monitor.

tioslash

ModBot said:
Instructions for tioslash:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tioslash, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-263D191703094B28 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.

t1424618934z1.png

wilflare

Yeah I just use it while lying on the couch or in bed, the suspend/resume feature is super useful as well
lol PS4
. Playing games on handhelds is just different from sitting in front of a big TV or monitor.

you and me - Bros. VitaMUFFINS
if only more of GAF appreciates that portability. sigh.

Maniac

Banned
She has been playing games unlike you nerds.
That's just mean! I'm... Well, I'm a nerd, but I've actually played games! Like... Dota! Counterstrike!... Stranded Deep!
:(
I played the alpha and if the alpha is anything to go by, the final product will be a masterpiece.

J9UqAR5.gif

From is entirely incapable of producing a technical masterpiece. So it'll always be lacking.

Gameplay looks solid enough though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Guy Cihi (the voice of James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2) is getting his second voice role in a video game, he'll be voicing Nathan in Forgotten Memories (a horror game I've been looking forward to for a while).

Jawmuncher

Iosfe, I think I need to get you tested for psionic abilities...
http://a.pomf.se/eipvks.webm

Edit:

Ah okay then, well I thankfully managed to get past it, I thought I wasn't doing any damage since their ship wasn't getting more red, turns out it just doesn't show you the damage you do and I was doing damage the whole time, lol.

You're doing fantastic actually, you, deques and Zkylon are kickin' ass and takin names, in the most recent mission you just reached max rank, so congratulations on being a colonel.

Stats from a little while ago:

And a picture of the squad together! :D
Awesome glad to the earth might actually be saved.
S-E did it themselves on the GBA, didnt they?

Edit: btw. does anyone know the best price for the Sword Art Online Game for Vita or was it already in an Onlinesale?
It was on sale once in December in the US. The Asian import has English but it still costs more than the digital release so far: I would just wait for it to go on sale again. Namco throws it's games on sale pretty often I've noticed on psn.

The Vita has access to some great PSP games, not all on PC/Steam, unless you're talking about Plus games.

Yep, just Plus games.

the portability within the house is awesome too. but I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone :(

I play it while commuting, waiting for transport, long rides, etc.

I don't like playing games outside the house so I just listen to music or podcasts. As for around the house, my laptop suits me fine thanks to Steam Home Streaming.

From is entirely incapable of producing a technical masterpiece. So it'll always be lacking.

Gameplay looks solid enough though.

The PC version of Dark Souls 2 is pretty much perfect. Also I'm on blackout but I don't think we know anything about Bloodbornes performance yet

-MD-

Guy Cihi (the voice of James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2) is getting his second voice role in a video game, he'll be voicing Nathan in Forgotten Memories (a horror game I've been looking forward to for a while).

The trailer makes it seem like it's using a mix of static/over the shoulder cameras, is that the case or is it entirely over the shoulder?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The trailer makes it seem like it's using a mix of static/over the shoulder cameras, is that the case or is it entirely over the shoulder?

Mix, I don't know a huge deal about it but I do know a few things, I first learned about it in 2013 and have loosely been following it since then. It seems they're getting more vocal about the game in the last month though so they must be in a state they're getting more ready to show it off.

For example, I thought the main character of the game was a girl, but Guy Cihi says Nathan is the main character, so I'm thinking there may be a main guy/girl character like in older horror games with some campaign differences, though that's just a theory.

Maniac

Banned
So, SteamGAF, can you aid me in the search for a good chair? I've been thinking about a DXRacer // GT Omega because of the adjustable backrest, armrests etc. But they're rather pricey and look a bit... Flashy. Does anyone have recommendations or whatever? :p

The PC version of Dark Souls 2 is pretty much perfect. Also I'm on blackout but I don't think we know anything about Bloodbornes performance yet

I'd hardly call it perfect. The game doesn't even work as intended on PC. Animations are sped up, enemies have speed-hack, weapon breaking is sped up significantly... It's their best try as of yet, but it's nothing to write home about, imo.

Saw the point made in another thread but the framerate is unlocked on consoles and at times it will actually run at 60 fps. People will have to compare with the new version to see if it's really broken I suppose.

Well, I think my Long War save's fucked. Keeps crashing on me. In the middle of a crashed UFO with 4 thin men coming in on the flank, bit of an issue.

EDIT; Yeah, this is pretty much impossible. Holo-supressing a thin man, then when my infantry tries to take their shots the game just crashes. Can't even extract my soldiers to abort the mission.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So, SteamGAF, can you aid me in the search for a good chair? I've been thinking about a DXRacer // GT Omega because of the adjustable backrest, armrests etc. But they're rather pricey and look a bit... Flashy. Does anyone have recommendations or whatever? :p

I'd hardly call it perfect. The game doesn't even work as intended on PC. Animations are sped up, enemies have speed-hack, weapon breaking is sped up significantly... It's their best try as of yet, but it's nothing to write home about, imo.

Unless you are building a cockpit for a racing/flight simulator, I would stay away from those 'gaming' chairs that you listed.

Great Chairs:

Herman Miller Aeron

The industry standard for years, the Aeron is still one of the best office chairs ever offered. The chair comes in multiple sizes to conform to all body types. And with a multitude of options to further meet the specific needs of each person. HM have introduced a new flagship chair in the Embody, but I found that the Aeron is still the better choice. The only downsides to this chair is that aesthetically, the large oval shape is a bit overbearing in any home setting, so I would place it in an office instead of in front of a computer located in a more public area.

Eames Soft Pad

The original Aluminum Group Management chair which this is based on is a work of art, but I found that the comfort is a bit lacking after a few hours. If you only sit in a chair for 2-3 hours at a time, you would be better served purchasing that instead of the Soft Pad version. If you sit for a bit longer, the Soft Pad is the better choice. Also unlike the Aeron, the Soft Pad is aesthetically pleasing so it can be more freely placed in a house. I would note that this chair doesn't have adjustable arms, nor are they padded; so you would be sacrificing utility for aesthetics.

*It should be noted that the Herman Miller warranty for their chairs is 12 years.

Budget choice:

IKEA Markus

An ersatz combination of HM's Embody shape and the Aeron's mesh backing, the Markus is actually a pretty decent budget option. The ten year warranty is also a great addition for such a low cost chair. I would warn you that most other chairs in this price range are disposable items whose covers will begin to fray and wear within the year and you should not be surprised if a major component breaks down within a year or two.

A new Unreal Engine 4 Harry Potter MMO on Kickstarter.
100k stretch goal though, uh..

Our $100,000 goal is not to fund the entire production from start to finish, but to produce a product that will draw interest from potential publishers and investors who will fund the rest of this development.
This production and it's entirety is being produced by a team of developers to represent a fan/indie game and not intended for profitable distribution or sale. All Harry Potter characters, designs, sounds/music, stories, logos, locations, etc. are all owned and copyrighted by Warner Brothers Entertainment. This production is not intended for a profit, but to develop a game fans around the globe can enjoy as they dive into the magical world.

wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom