• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
yes, you live. at the cost of losing the USA's Funding

i need to volunteers to be women. Shadownet, you're already a bulky man

I'm in touch with my feminine side. Does that count?

zkylon

zkylewd
just back from my baby brother's first birthday party

the little bug is cutest thing ever like holy shit

how come babies in videogames are always awful

BasilZero

I hope Ubisoft does a library sale on Steam sometime soon.

Dont they usually do it around this time?

I wanna get Prince of Persia 1 and 2 ;o.

I wonder if they'll drop the price for AC3 - would be a good time to buy it this year alongside AC Liberation.

iosefe

Picture or it didn't happen.
16422030879_ae582c3816_o.jpg
You know what you have to do.

Make me the butch demolitions expert.

i guess that is a possibility

Maniac

Banned
Those who are about to die salute you

Fuck the what I'm still alive?

Really?

How utterly unexpected.
I used RivaTuner. It got rid of the screen tearing and I didn't notice any lag either.

I love Dying Light.

But I get ridiculous stuttering on both my 780 and the 780ti I've borrowed. Anyone run into it and gotten it fixed? It's kind of unplayable. (Didn't stop me from playing 15, 20-ish hours of pure fun though :p)
-----------

If anyone has a Dirty Bomb key they're not using... Do shout. I'm desperate, and I'm yet to hear from their support. :|

Fuck the what I'm still alive?

Really?

How utterly unexpected.

I love Dying Light.

But I get ridiculous stuttering on both my 780 and the 780ti I've borrowed. Anyone run into it and gotten it fixed? It's kind of unplayable. (Didn't stop me from playing 15, 20-ish hours of pure fun though :p)
-----------

If anyone has a Dirty Bomb key they're not using... Do shout. I'm desperate, and I'm yet to hear from their support. :|

I have a 7850 and it stuttered for me until I turned textures down to medium, your card is significantly more powerful than mine so I would imagine you can run it with high textures, I ended up locking my framerate to 30FPS with Rivatuner to avoid the fluctuation of the framerate.

iosefe, however I die, don't let it be to chrysallids. They do terrible things to their enemies and I'd really rather avoid all of that messiness.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm coming around to payday 2

i decided i'm gonna put lots of points into mastermind as i usually enjoy being a healer in games

i wish it was less complicated tho

Does cuyahoga (sp?) ever visit SteamGAF? I think he'd disagree with you.
i'm cool to be proved wrong, i'm not particularly knowledgeable on the subject

maybe nothing can compare to my lil brother he's so cute alksjflakjflaksfjl

iosefe

iosefe, however I die, don't let it be to chrysallids. They do terrible things to their enemies and I'd really rather avoid all of that messiness.

up next is the Site Recon mission. on the Docks. lucky for me, i know what to expect as i saw a Long War video and that was the mission the dude was playing

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I somehow just lost the last three hours to Bloons TD5. I've played it before on Android, but this version is much better (and doesn't lag nearly as much which is nice).

And of course because I paid full price for it, it's going to end up in a bundle next week, mark my words.

Parsnip

Six degrees of Saoirse?

I share a birthday with Tania Raymonde who dates or dated Jeff Goldblum who was in Grand Budapest Hotel.

I know a guy who used to work for Michael Giacchino, and Giacchino is probably connected to soursas romelin through some other film person. I practically know her personally.

iosefe

I somehow just lost the last three hours to Bloons TD5. I've played it before on Android, but this version is much better (and doesn't lag nearly as much which is nice).

And of course because I paid full price for it, it's going to end up in a bundle next week, mark my words.

is this version microtransaction free?

Tesseract

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tesseract, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

hero siege -- MB-A738B27744C5114C - Taken by pupo

goober

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is this version microtransaction free?

There are no microtransactions. They have a "premium store" that has the same stuff as the iOS / Android version, but you unlock the stuff there with in-game cash which you earn for completing challenges.

For example, the "double cash mode" which is $9.99 in iOS is $7,500 "monkey bucks" in this version, which equates to about 15-20 challenges. The way that the stuff in the premium store is priced, they actually did a good job of turning it into a regular upgrade path.

There are no microtransactions. They have a "premium store" that has the same stuff as the iOS / Android version, but you unlock the stuff there with in-game cash which you earn for completing challenges.

For example, the "double cash mode" which is $9.99 in iOS is $7,500 "monkey bucks" in this version, which equates to about 15-20 challenges. The way that the stuff in the premium store is priced, they actually did a good job of turning it into a regular upgrade path.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ninjakiwi/bloons-td-5

Can you check out the difference between the Steam version and the Kongregate version please? Is the latter identical to iOS/Android, to Steam, to neither?

jshackles

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ninjakiwi/bloons-td-5

Can you check out the difference between the Steam version and the Kongregate version please? Is the latter identical to iOS/Android, to Steam, to neither?

I hadn't ever played that version from Kongregate, but I checked it out just now and it seems almost like a poor imitation of the Steam version. I have played the Android version (from the Humble Mobile Bundle way back when) quite a bit, and my wife has played a lot of the "HD" version on iOS. I can say that it goes like this:

Steam version > iOS "HD" version > Android Version > Kongregate version.

I'm happy with the $10 price tag honestly, because I played for 3 hours and felt like I barely scratched the surface.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Samaritan Paradox -- MB-27980640A53A6336 - Taken by BigAT
Yoshi Dump

Fracas

#fuckonami
Figured I'd post here, as the New Vegas mod threads are relatively inactive.

I'm trying to use this ENB, but I keep getting transparent objects when it's in use.

I've done everything I'm supposed to do (I think) - AA is turned off both in game and in the Nvidia control panel, as is the water displacement option. I googled a bit but couldn't find anything helpful. Anyone ever had a similar situation? I'm using a Titan Black if it matters. And NV is a fresh install.

I'm trying to use this ENB, but I keep getting transparent objects when it's in use.

I've done everything I'm supposed to do (I think) - AA is turned off both in game and in the Nvidia control panel, as is the water displacement option. I googled a bit but couldn't find anything helpful. Anyone ever had a similar situation? I'm using a Titan Black if it matters. And NV is a fresh install.

What happens if you walk through the area? Do you fall through the ground?

I had that issue at one point and the only fix I could find was to delete the config file and let the game generate a new one.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What happens if you walk through the area? Do you fall through the ground?

I had that issue at one point and the only fix I could find was to delete the config file and let the game generate a new one.

Nope, just certain textures become transparent.

And this is a dumb question, but which specific file is the config file? I'll give it a shot

xezuru

woops

Anyone have the problem with Wolfenstein New Order, where it literally starts up almost locked at 3fps, I mean my computer is old as shit by this point, but I don't think looking at the ground with lowest resolution and lowest graphics options would locks you at 3fps regardless of the game, it would actually fluxuate if it wasn't wierd obtuse shit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
woops

Anyone have the problem with Wolfenstein New Order, where it literally starts up almost locked at 3fps, I mean my computer is old as shit by this point, but I don't think looking at the ground with lowest resolution and lowest graphics options would locks you at 3fps regardless of the game, it would actually fluxuate if it wasn't wierd obtuse shit.

How much VRAM do you have? Anything less than a gig and you're going to have a bad time.

Ozium

Did Humble re-enable key redemption through Steam? I just had to redeem a widget key through linking my Steam account.

I had the same thing with a recent Modbot win. I assume it's that keys that were already set up to use this system still function like this, while keys/humble offerings set up after the change by Valve just give the key.

xezuru

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5830

Certainly nowhere near the current end parts, but I really had doubts that I would stop me from atleast running on the lowest resolution. I start the game and it's literally a consistent slideshow at any setting, lowest graphics and resolution even looking straight at the ground. It's bizarre, usually games would atleast be like a super jank 20 fps, but this seems like it just says fuck you to my specific set of parts I guess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had the same thing with a recent Modbot win. I assume it's that keys that were already set up to use this system still function like this, while keys/humble offerings set up after the change by Valve just give the key.

Yep.

Certainly nowhere near the current end parts, but I really had doubts that I would stop me from atleast running on the lowest resolution. I start the game and it's literally a consistent slideshow at any setting, lowest graphics and resolution even looking straight at the ground. It's bizarre, usually games would atleast be like a super jank 20 fps, but this seems like it just says fuck you to my specific set of parts I guess.

Given you have a gig of VRAM and 4GB of system RAM, which is the absolute minimum, it should be kindasorta playable. Are your drivers up-to-date? AMD/ATi and new OpenGL games have never mixed well.

xBladeM6x

Turns out, you just took mushrooms and the world looks like it's melting.

I've just recently finished my NV playthrough last month. I also got that kind of situation. Turned out that I had to turn off my AA, and everything's fine after that. I used a different ENB, though.

Shade

And a few more old bundled extras. Should work. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

evilquest -- MB-B57F8DE284299514 - Taken by Ben652. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the deep -- MB-DEAE8845094DFBE4 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-46B447FE0775B137 - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-9866CB50BE55DCFA - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs -- MB-384213F4726B7BAB - Taken by xezuru. 1 entrants total.
Restaurant Empire II -- MB-2C955AD358569EC9 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-07E272C0DC1A3ADC - Taken by Perun. 2 entrants total.
Perfection -- MB-0DC598DC38024061 - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-69B57ED666AB4AB7 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Data Jammers FastForward -- MB-FC925FF2106CC2AF - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead -- MB-3374F8BB117BC599 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik -- MB-A095704FB4A6E360 - Taken by SilentMatthew. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project -- MB-DE657E3596DD7756 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
Diehard dungeon -- MB-9741E88EFCD71593 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-BDF7B3D9095E29FD - Taken by auroragoryalice. 1 entrants total.
Off-Road Drive -- MB-E938A2F1E6942ECD - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-1BB034609AED6774 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-1BE8AB5D0203EF1C - Taken by sensoft04. 2 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-56BC999E9D491EC0 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-7951FCF4D1CBD66B - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-FFFC3BF36ED29DF9 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Slam Bolt Scrappers -- MB-ECFBC912D18F945B - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Hero Siege #3 -- MB-D15F8EF6EC30BF23 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
Hero Siege #2 -- MB-DC1A89A8AC082DF4 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.

t1424589773z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom