• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Pretty sure he's got an automated way of doing it.

Ah of course

Well...okay, if you're cool with it. How do I get a Steam key?
If you'd like a key for the game, make a post in this thread *****WITH A TITLE*****. I don't care what the title is, just use one. Don't claim more than one copy! You may, of course, give or gift the key to a friend. We have EviLore and Cheesemeister assisting with an automated distribution system, so don't worry about that.

The vast majority are either region-free or just require a VPN for activation (Valve turns a blind eye to VPNs being used for key activation). The games you want to avoid are listed here.

Edit: Fixed link.

So if a game says region locked on Nuuvem that only means it needs a VPN to activate apart from games with specific BR subs on Steam?

For instance, RE: Revelations 2 says Region Locked so I didn't buy it. But I assume that it's fine after all?

Edit: Worth nothing that I'm in the UK, not sure if that matters.

Benedict

Finished another game in the 52 Games in a year 2015 challenge

15. The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (PC)
12 hrs, including idling for cards. Finished February 22nd.
I enjoyed this adventure. I like the scenery and artwork as well as the music and voice-casting. The closeup character art is not as good though.
There are some illogical puzzles that were annoying but I used a guide for those.
Now I'll wait for Memoria to go on sale or be part of a bundle. I have all the rest of the games in the series.

Some achievements missing, but they will stay that way.

Zafir

So if a game says region locked on Nuuvem that only means it needs a VPN to activate apart from games with specific BR subs on Steam?

For instance, RE: Revelations 2 says Region Locked so I didn't buy it. But I assume that it's fine after all?

It depends where you live. It seems they're doing the silly thing which locks America all under the same sub. Thus you'd be fine if you live in the US. However, you'd have to use a VPN to activate the key as a European.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Generally, yes, but in some cases Nuuvem's notice doesn't even indicate that (i.e. they're incorrectly labelled as region-locked).

Yeah, it's not region-locked at the runtime level.

_hekk05

Banned
My usual VPN didn't work either. It helped strangely enough when I accessed the site via google translate.

I always use google translate.

Try closing all windows of your browser, then re-opening them. That usually fixes whatever problems nuuvem throws at me.

I've never actually had Hola not work, unlike some of you guys.

Locust

Even those days are gone. Valve finally closed the loophole that allowed people to buy multi-packs and other "non-giftable" items.
Well, technically you can still buy region free extra gifts, though you'll probably be paying the RU price of the 4-pack for just 3 copies. :p

I think that loophole fix only applies to 4-packs by default since Primal Carnage: Extinction is still giftable using it.

Momentary

Banned
I played the alpha and if the alpha is anything to go by, the final product will be a masterpiece.

J9UqAR5.gif

I have full confidence that this game will be a masterpiece. But sadly, I'll never play it.

duppolo

I always use google translate.

Try closing all windows of your browser, then re-opening them. That usually fixes whatever problems nuuvem throws at me.

I've never actually had Hola not work, unlike some of you guys.

didnt work, i also try to navigate in incognito, but when i add evolve to the cart, it says to me: this games isnt avaible in your region...how does he know? im susing hola, and incognito!

JaseC

I think that loophole fix only applies to 4-packs by default since Primal Carnage: Extinction is still giftable using it.

Ah. I wonder if Steam's backend lacks an indicator for when the "Purchase as a gift" button is disabled and so the solution Valve implemented just looks for subs that grant multiple copies of a gift sub.

didnt work, i also try to navigate in incognito, but when i add evolve to the cart, it says to me: this games isnt avaible in your region...how does he know? im susing hola, and incognito!

Use FlyVPN instead. Quite a few people have trouble getting Hola to play nicely with Nuuvem.

baterism

SteamGAF fellas, got any info about what Valve is up to on GDC? I found some interesting bits on reddit https://steamdb.info/sub/60765/apps/
It listed MGSV:GZ along some other games under the name "Valve GDC App Package".
AFAIK they are going to talk about that newish OpenGL, right? If MGSV:GZ (and TPP) come as SteamOS (which mean coming to Linux), I think I will faint.

Just turned 39 today. So far my fiance gave me a breakfast of Turkish coffee and chocolate cake, now we're going to meet a bunch of friends to hit up Barneys, Saks, and NM to smell a ton of perfumes and colognes (a guilty hobby), then we're heading to a local charcuterie to eat delicious cured meats...

... then she basically told me she's going to ignore me all evening so I can sit in front of the computer and play games until I pass out. And she's pre-loaded the fridge with Left Hand Milk Stout and Tank 7 ale for me.

Best Birthday Ever?

MUnited83

For you.
1500 free keys x 3 card drops x $0.01 card sale fee = $45 profit

dat Neogaf emoticon tho, that will make bank :p

Also I think it's a good bet, as word of mouth from those copies will cause many regular purchases, imo. That and I'm pretty sure that at least a few people will donate to his studio.

duppolo

Ah. I wonder if Steam's backend lacks an indicator for when the "Purchase as a gift" button is disabled and so the solution Valve implemented just looks for subs that grant multiple copies of a gift sub.

Use FlyVPN instead. Quite a few people have trouble getting Hola to play nicely with Nuuvem.

did it and i can go till paypal, then it was all blocked again

JaseC

did it and i can go till paypal, then it was all blocked again

You only need to use a VPN to add the game to your cart.

Edit: Actually, seems like that's not true any more. But using a VPN with Nuuvem still works.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just turned 39 today. So far my fiance gave me a breakfast of Turkish coffee and chocolate cake, now we're going to meet a bunch of friends to hit up Barneys, Saks, and NM to smell a ton of perfumes and colognes (a guilty hobby), then we're heading to a local charcuterie to eat delicious cured meats...

... then she basically told me she's going to ignore me all evening so I can sit in front of the computer and play games until I pass out. And she's pre-loaded the fridge with Left Hand Milk Stout and Tank 7 ale for me.

Best Birthday Ever?

Haha, sounds awesome, have fun!

maty

What other games has Feep made?

Sequence, fun rhythm game.

Does anyone else have synching issues with uplay?
I started playing Rayman Legends and besides having to log in again every time I launch the game, I get an error while synching uplay achievements.
It's not that big of a deal, I can still play but it's really annoying having to press ¨play" 3 times before I can run the game. :/

Besides that I'm enjoying it.

This pleases lashman.
Great Chairs:
Herman Miller Aeron 729 $

Eames Soft Pad
Budget choice: 729 $

IKEA Markus 199 $
o_o
Damn Feep! That is crazy awesome of you!

Best Birthday Ever?
Congrats Prof
on the bday special sex?

Oh man. I'm asking for one in that thread for now but I will guarantee another purchase in the future. No joking. Such a generous man.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Steam is acting strange for me. I can't login, oh well back to study.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're doing fantastic actually, you, deques and Zkylon are kickin' ass and takin names, in the most recent mission you just reached max rank, so congratulations on being a colonel.
sweet, i'm still alive

I played the alpha and if the alpha is anything to go by, the final product will be a masterpiece.

J9UqAR5.gif

why would you do this to me

It's a rhythm rpg with items!

I need to play more. It was enjoyable, but I got swept up in the myriad steam releases
sequence is very cool. it gets a bit grindy which is why i never beat it but i had a lot of fun with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom