• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Yay! Finally managed pixel perfect scaling and scanlines option in my soonish-to-be-on-steam shmup (making an educated guess I think it'll be ready to be submitted in... about a dozen years)!

Yay! :)

Nete

I think somebody has a small problem.

RBoXnKq.png

There is a rocketeer and a sniper in range. Will she survive?

Actually, the rocketeer can be fucked by the crysalids too. This gonna be fun.

dex3108

I was reading this and boy there is really something wrong with US and their look on education. This shows exactly what is wrong

I really don't know how some of you fellow SteamGAF members can afford games and that is sad :(

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I was reading this and boy there is really something wrong with US and their look on education. This shows exactly what is wrong

I really don't know how some of you fellow SteamGAF members can afford games and that is sad :(
You can't file for bankruptcy with student loans but you can have a reduced payment plan which just pays the interest. :(

No idea how I'm going to afford any postgrad stuff.

Looks like nuuven is only giving the Rev 2 keys on the 25th...

It'll say that until they get word on if preload is happening and according to someone up above it may be starting so just keep an eye on your account

edit: you're the one that said it was starting...didn't notice that until now

dex3108

I like how that image had to qualify Nordic countries as "Denmark, Norway and Sweden" just so they don't have to mention the fact that Finland went bankrupt.

It is old picture and from my experience education in majority of EU is way cheaper and sometimes free. I know many people who are doing their Master studies outside country and they don't have issues with paying those studies.

You can't file for bankruptcy with student loans but you can have a reduced payment plan which just pays the interest. :(

No idea how I'm going to afford any postgrad stuff.

And that is sad. :(

xBladeM6x

Yeah, America's education and financial aid system is rigged against the poor and totally fucked from a humanitarian perspective. We essentially live in a oligarchical system and culture, and the worst part is that the majority has issues with it, but if you complain about it, those same people will just tell you to "suck it up" and "deal with it" as if because it's the system we currently inhabit, that it's an acceptable system for a first-world country to have.

But this is SteamGAF, so the most serious we're allowed to get is debating which anime is better. :3

dex3108

Yeah, America's education and financial aid system is rigged against the poor and totally fucked from a humanitarian perspective.

But this is SteamGAF, so the most serious we're allowed to get is debating which anime is better. :3

Nah there are more serious matters here, for the love of god lives are on stake in XCOM missions :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Student loan debt talk on SteamGAF, crazy.

My wife went to college for 3 years back in the early 1990s and borrowed about $20,000 in student loans. Fast forward to her dropping out to have children and then not being able to find work because she didn't have a degree. Her loans were in deferment for several years when the kids were young, and we started paying on them again when I convinced her to go back to school and finish her degree (in 2006-2008) and took out no additional new loans. She has her degree now, so that's something.

Because her loans from back in the day had been in deferment and had changed hands several times, we now owe over $80,000 that we'll never be able to pay.

My daughter is starting college next year, and while the government keeps trying to get us to pay on my wife's student loans, it's not going to happen. I'm going to save the cash on the monthly payment and it'll be more than is needed to put both of my kids through college. The system is seriously fucked.

ExoSoul

Banned
Student loan debt talk on SteamGAF, crazy.

My wife went to college for 3 years back in the early 1990s and borrowed about $20,000 in student loans. Fast forward to her dropping out to have children and then not being able to find work because she didn't have a degree. Her loans were in deferment for several years when the kids were young, and we started paying on them again when I convinced her to go back to school and finish her degree (in 2006-2008) and took out no additional new loans. She has her degree now, so that's something.

Because her loans from back in the day had been in deferment and had changed hands several times, we now owe over $80,000 that we'll never be able to pay.

My daughter is starting college next year, and while the government keeps trying to get us to pay on my wife's student loans, it's not going to happen. I'm going to save the cash on the monthly payment and it'll be more than is needed to put both of my kids through college. The system is seriously fucked.
Unfortunately student loans are just the tip of the iceberg, the problem is how they came to be. A government has the obligation to look after the civilians best interest despite private interest and/or gain. I don't think I need to say anything more on this subject.

A nation where even the office runs by debt and extending said debt is a failure from an economic PoV.

xBladeM6x

Here in Italy if you have a debt with government, it will take you everything, even your house, if you can't pay it.

In America, they'll fuck with you just enough to keep you feathering the trigger of a glock against your head, but leave just enough hope to not pull it. Same thing goes for hospital bills if you're ever unfortunate enough to have any major sickness or injury in America. God forbid you do something human like getting sick, you'll be in debt for the rest of your fucking life. Absolute fucking garbage.

I'll climb down from my soapbox now. Getting too pissed just writing it. Lol

Zafir

Really sucks to hear about that student debt. UK has been getting closer and closer to the US system. A lot of Universities went up to £9k ($14000) a year a few years back. I was lucky enough to get in before they raised it to that.

On the plus side, the loans are pretty nice. You only start paying it back when you're earning above a certain amount, and after 30 years you don't have to pay it back. Can see that changing, mind you.

dex3108

Here in Italy if you have a debt with government, it will take you everything, even your house, if you can't pay it.

They can't take your Steam Account! That is something :D

P.S. Few hours later SimCity Build It showed its true nature. Fuck this game i want Cities Skylines on mobile XD

Ozium

Night Shift finally updated (I saw it got trading curds the other day but didnt know it was updated) that added more story, puzzles and an ending.. so the game is finished and out of early access soon...

gonna be good

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ES has gotta be worth 80 grand, at least?

Interestingly enough, I had my first "real" offer to buy Idle Master (the existing code and the exclusive rights to distribution) earlier today. Of course this company wants to buy the program so they can bundle it with their malware of choice I'm sure.

Don't worry, they're going to have to add a lot more zeroes to their number before I'd even think about considering it. As in, probably more than millions - nothing to worry about.

zkylon

zkylewd
just had a weird payday game with one crazy dude just murdering all of the hostages while waiting for the drill

ended up taking one of the hostages and hiding her behind one of the counters next to a corpse so at least one would survive

Interestingly enough, I had my first "real" offer to buy Idle Master (the existing code and the exclusive rights to distribution) earlier today. Of course this company wants to buy the program so they can bundle it with their malware of choice I'm sure.

Don't worry, they're going to have to add a lot more zeroes to their number before I'd even think about considering it. As in, probably more than millions - nothing to worry about.

Aw, but you could've sold it and created Idle Master: Remastered.

Ozium

just played through the first dungeon in EVOLAND and wow this game is great... definitely going to be completed for da fifty two

if you have this game in your steam library but haven't played it please do...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This is a big business these days, a very high percentage of browser extensions have been co-opted by these firms and I don't need to tell anyone about the "Want to install the Fart.Butt toolbar?!?!?!?! Uncheck this anti-box if you want to do the opposite of unsubscribing from uninstalling this toolbar or check the box to do the double opposite" nag screens in a lot of freeware/shareware software installers. :/

It seems very few people share my anti-entrepreneurial ethos.

jshackles

This is a big business these days, a very high percentage of browser extensions have been co-opted by these firms and I don't need to tell anyone about the "Want to install the Fart.Butt toolbar?!?!?!?! Uncheck this anti-box if you want to do the opposite of unsubscribing from uninstalling this toolbar or check the box to do the double opposite" nag screens in a lot of freeware/shareware software installers. :/

It seems very few people share my anti-entrepreneurial ethos.

Yeah that sort of things is shady as hell. Enhanced Steam gets offers from these types of companies about 5 times a week now at least - and the more people use it, the higher the number goes. If I wanted to be a complete ass and make everyone deal with that sort of shenanigans, I could pretty easily cash out and pay off my wife's student loans... or buy a small house. However, for me personally, extensions like the one you describe get immediately uninstalled (if they even get installed in the first place) and I respect my install base more than that.

Additionally, it's what I enjoy working on my spare time. It's a hobby project. If I sold it to some company, I'd feel like the guy who had to sell the muscle car he worked on restoring for years because he couldn't afford food. The same goes for Idle Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom