• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice of Feep to once again give away his game. I was going to post and request a copy but I think I'm just going to buy it.. And I love that he made a NeoGAF emoticon for it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
have you gotten Modbot offers or offers to create a ModBot-esque system for other places?

Two people have asked if they could have ModBot's code for their own forums. No one has offered cash. Maybe they would if I mentioned that somewhere around half a million bucks worth of games have been given away**** **** using marketing terms where we pretend everyone pays full price for games. But seriously, programming as a job was soul-crushing enough that I stopped doing it, and I'm not a particularly good programmer, so no one would be getting their money's worth paying me enough to lure me back to doing it professionally.

That being said, stuff I've written on/for GAF has been republished on Wired, Joystiq, Polygon (today!), Nintendo Power, and I believe Kotaku... to say nothing of smaller sites like TinyCartridge and others.

Have they said how the two "Bonus Episodes" for Revelations 2 will be handled or what they are about? They put the schedule up for the normal episodes but it never said anything about the Bonus ones.

Will they be up at launch?...when all regular episodes are out?...sometime further down the road?

Jawmuncher

Have they said how the two "Bonus Episodes" for Revelations 2 will be handled or what they are about? They put the schedule up for the normal episodes but it never said anything about the Bonus ones.

Will they be up at launch?...when all regular episodes are out?...sometime further down the road?

My guess is after the last episode. What time frame who knows. Since they seem to be side character related. They probably touch up on a stiry things but are small considering they're just labeled "bonus"

man i booted up evolve and felt like i was the smartest and noobish person out of the other 3 hunters lol. like I did the obvious thing of cutting off the monster using the map(he went right and the only place he could go from there was left) so obviously i went through the left to cut him off) but my team was like nah boi, we gonna just follow him even tho he's faster than us. i ended up trapping the monster with only me in it and got wrecked(at the time i assumed my team members were following me). then i got caught in like 3 plant traps and was like fuck this and just quit the game. playing as the monster might be stressful as fuck but i think its more fun.

Chariot

man i booted up evolve and felt like i was the smartest and noobish person out of the other 3 hunters lol. like I did the obvious thing of cutting off the monster using the map(he went right and the only place he could go from there was left) so obviously i went through the left to cut him off) but my team was like nah boi, we gonna just follow him even tho he's faster than us. i ended up trapping the monster with only me in it and got wrecked(at the time i assumed my team members were following me). then i got caught in like 3 plant traps and was like fuck this and just quit the game. playing as the monster might be stressful as fuck but i think its more fun.
That's why most co-op games are better with friends.
With randoms this shit happens:

just had a weird payday game with one crazy dude just murdering all of the hostages while waiting for the drill

ended up taking one of the hostages and hiding her behind one of the counters next to a corpse so at least one would survive

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. What do you need?

was trying to get into the mind of some murderous finnish payday players and since i was super bored of them doing all the work i started asking them why did they kill the hostages and if it made them uncomfortable, etc.

then they started talking finnish -__-

inJjQTDJIWwtD.PNG

i don't want like full translation or anything, but it went on for so long i ended up alt tabbing and just watching league of legends streams while the guys were chatting up lol

so i'm curious lol

Two people have asked if they could have ModBot's code for their own forums. No one has offered cash. Maybe they would if I mentioned that somewhere around half a million bucks worth of games have been given away**** **** using marketing terms where we pretend everyone pays full price for games. But seriously, programming as a job was soul-crushing enough that I stopped doing it, and I'm not a particularly good programmer, so no one would be getting their money's worth paying me enough to lure me back to doing it professionally.

That being said, stuff I've written on/for GAF has been republished on Wired, Joystiq, Polygon (today!), Nintendo Power, and I believe Kotaku... to say nothing of smaller sites like TinyCartridge and others.

I just saw the Polygon one about your Kickstarter spreadsheet, congrats Stump

iosefe

Gather, All.

I would like to take a moment to pay respects to Turfster and Servizio.

Servizio was braver than most. someone needed to call in the air strike. She gallantly volunteered. she had hope that she could run, but onfortunately, she was cornered by Chrysallids.
Likewise, Turf was unable to outrun the Chrysallids. But before they could take her down, she made sure that the other could escape by distracting the Chrysallids.

Both of these women died to further the progress of the XCOM bureau, and as a service to humankind

Sendou

was trying to get into the mind of some murderous finnish payday players and since i was super bored of them doing all the work i started asking them why did they kill the hostages and if it made them uncomfortable, etc.

then they started talking finnish -__-

i don't want like full translation or anything, but it went on for so long i ended up alt tabbing and just watching league of legends streams while the guys were chatting up lol

so i'm curious lol

Pretty much nothing at all. Just one of them asking where the other one lives and some random nonsense regarding that.

Annubis

Gather, All.

I would like to take a moment to pay respects to Turfster and Servizio.

Servizio was braver than most. someone needed to call in the air strike. She gallantly volunteered. she had hope that she could run, but onfortunately, she was cornered by Chrysallids.
Likewise, Turf was unable to outrun the Chrysallids. But before they could take her down, she made sure that the other could escape by distracting the Chrysallids.

Both of these women died to further the progress of the XCOM bureau, and as a service to humankind

Was that the Chrysallids on a ship mission?
It's pretty hard to finish that one without any loss =/
I had to leave someone as bait behind and another one who just didn't get to the pickup point in time.

iosefe

Was that the Chrysallids on a ship mission?
It's pretty hard to finish that one without any loss =/
I had to leave someone as bait behind and another one who just didn't get to the pickup point in time.

indeed. it was my fault though. i sent Turf to cover Servizio on the deck. becasue of that, she didn't make it

Chariot

I wish there was an romantic VN with customizable names, so that at least in the digital realm I would be pursued by someone.
I feel weird when game characters talk to me. I know some people project themselves into game characters, but I usually make characters up and watch their story unfold.

I once gave my name and those of classmates to Drahon Quest Monsters... monsters and regretted this deeply when it came to breeding. Things got weird.

Ozium

I have 1,026 games and I wanted to 1000 to be special like Shovel Knight was 500 but I didn't pay attention :(

feels bad.. now I gotta wait til 1500

rickyson1

I have 1,026 games and I wanted to 1000 to be special like Shovel Knight was 500 but I didn't pay attention :(

feels bad.. now I gotta wait til 1500

I actually hit 999 by a semi coincidence after buying a couple bundles

took it as a sign that I should pick up darkest dungeon like i've sort of been wanting to

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
someone should ask him if he he can convert super crate box to the kind of free game you can add to your account instead of the kind where if you uninstall it it disappears

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this seems like something JaseC would have done months ago

Haha, I just ask for keys. Haven't done so for SCB, though, and given the only retail sub it has is a developer compilation I'm not sure how lucky I'll be even though said sub has just one other game (Serious Sam: The Random Encounter).

just played through the first dungeon in EVOLAND and wow this game is great... definitely going to be completed for da fifty two

if you have this game in your steam library but haven't played it please do...

I just started it today, and I wholeheartedly agree. I always knew I was going to love it, but it's hitting all the right spots for me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom