• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Besiege update alert

UKYUF_zps85a8b674.jpg

Change log - V0.04

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

• Added Wooden Pole Block
  • Added Slider Block
  • Added Small Balloon Block (Controllable Buoyancy)

IMPROVEMENTS

• Added new tool which allows you to see key mapping overlaid on your machine
  • Propeller can now be flipped
  • Changed propeller model & texture
  • Decoupler is now asymmetrical
  • Added toggle mode to flamethrower
  • Added toggle mode to contractible spring
  • Cogs now have less friction
  • Boulder block gets blood on it when it collides with a man or animal.
  • Plow block gets blood on it when it collides with a man or animal.
  • Key Mapper/Parameter tuner :
  • Added ‘Copy Settings’ button + “CTRL C” shortcut
  • Added ‘Paste Settings’ button + “CTRL V” shortcut
  • Can now be closed by pressing ‘Escape’

FIXES

• Clicking “OVERWRITE” text will now overwrite save file
  • Fixed save files not working in some system languages
  • Fixed piston not showing up in saved thumbnail
  • Fixed half-pipe not showing up in saved thumbnail
  • The objective text “1” now disappears on level 12 when you press play
  • Key Mapper/Parameter tuner now closes when pressing Play

Hand of Fate purchased now. Played through the tutorial & first quest. It's really interesting and fun so far. I got very lucky with the cards/shops that came up during the first main quest. I like how all of your equipment and enemies appear before the battle. It honestly is a living card game.

zkylon

zkylewd
just ran into a payday game in which a guy says he's cheating and starts creating bags with like $2m each out of nowhere and literally has like a big, red CHEATER sign on his head. like during the game creation a message thing would pop up and say "X cheated and gave himself an invalid weapon or asset"

ended up quitting the game but so weird that the game detects that you're cheating and doesn't stop you

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wtf

Besiege update alert

i dunno why but "controllable buoyancy" made me laugh

xBladeM6x

just ran into a payday game in which a guy says he's cheating and starts creating bags with like $2m each out of nowhere and literally has like a big, red CHEATER sign on his head. like during the game creation a message thing would pop up and say "X cheated and gave himself an invalid weapon or asset"

ended up quitting the game but so weird that the game detects that you're cheating and doesn't stop you

Yeah, they seem to be more concerned with just building up a community that looks down on it, and will play on honor rules. Cheaters are easy to avoid, and there's no real competitive nature to the game, so it's not really hurting anyone else when they cheat. Just leave the game in the future, as you did here. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Yeah, the anti-cheat system is really strange for Payday 2. I actually got marked as a cheater once on HoxHUD when the Free Hoxton heist first came out. I apparently threw the server bag to the car too quickly. It detected the action as a cheat, deleted the bag entity and we were stuck fighting the cops forever while we tried to figure out what happened.

Turns out, I wasn't the only one with that bug. It was the first time I'd ever seen either layer of "anti-cheat" in action, and it seemed so unusual that it wouldn't just kick the offending player.

Shadownet

Banned

ended up quitting the game but so weird that the game detects that you're cheating and doesn't stop you.

wtf
I played Payday 2 for a while and never came across someone who was cheating. Or at least I didn't notice. But then again I only played with gafers.

Also. LOL

titch

just played through the first dungeon in EVOLAND and wow this game is great... definitely going to be completed for da fifty two

if you have this game in your steam library but haven't played it please do...

Just sunk a little bit of time into that - lots of fun!!

Jawmuncher

Gather, All.

I would like to take a moment to pay respects to Turfster and Servizio.

Servizio was braver than most. someone needed to call in the air strike. She gallantly volunteered. she had hope that she could run, but onfortunately, she was cornered by Chrysallids.
Likewise, Turf was unable to outrun the Chrysallids. But before they could take her down, she made sure that the other could escape by distracting the Chrysallids.

Both of these women died to further the progress of the XCOM bureau, and as a service to humankind

Sucks for my brothers in arms. Hope I can survive another tour of duty.

derExperte

just played through the first dungeon in EVOLAND and wow this game is great... definitely going to be completed for da fifty two

It's not very long so you'll have no problem finishing but it goes downhill towards the end and just becomes your regular 2000s jrpg.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, they seem to be more concerned with just building up a community that looks down on it, and will play on honor rules. Cheaters are easy to avoid, and there's no real competitive nature to the game, so it's not really hurting anyone else when they cheat. Just leave the game in the future, as you did here. :p
yeah like i think i would've made like 60m or something if i stayed but i kinda don't want to ruin all the progression since i'm sure i'll get bored of it as soon as i stop quickly getting levels

Yeah, the anti-cheat system is really strange for Payday 2. I actually got marked as a cheater once on HoxHUD when the Free Hoxton heist first came out. I apparently threw the server bag to the car too quickly. It detected the action as a cheat, deleted the bag entity and we were stuck fighting the cops forever while we tried to figure out what happened.

Turns out, I wasn't the only one with that bug. It was the first time I'd ever seen either layer of "anti-cheat" in action, and it seemed so unusual that it wouldn't just kick the offending player.
what's hoxhud?

people kept mentioning it in that match

I played Payday 2 for a while and never came across someone who was cheating. Or at least I didn't notice. But then again I only played with gafers.

Also. LOL
i mean it said CHEATER like in big fat letters

I'm sure it would mean something wildly different in a DOA game ;)

LOL wtf

Sch1sm

Alright, SteamGAF. Today's my birthday
woo, 20 years of this
, so it's perfectly acceptable to spend money on myself. I need a new headset, +100 points if it's XONE compatible, too, but I'll settle for PC alone. Preferably wireless if the latter ends up the case. I need suggestions. Which do you have? Which ones have you had and hated? Which one do you currently love?

Jawmuncher

woo, 20 years of this
, so it's perfectly acceptable to spend money on myself. I need a new headset, +100 points if it's XONE compatible, too, but I'll settle for PC alone. Preferably wireless if the latter ends up the case. I need suggestions. Which do you have? Which ones have you had and hated? Which one do you currently love?

I summon Grief.EXE he is the headphone guy around here. Also happy Bday.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing Of Orcs and Men about 10h, bought from Bundlestars week ago, and imo it's very charming game. Technically... Well, it's not masterpiece let put it that way. Combat system is not the best. But otherwise, i enjoy it. Setting is unique, you play as a goblin and orc and humans are evildoers, in general. Dialogue and voice acting varies from cheesy to good. But the most important roles are good, especially Styx, no wonder he got his own game, character with black humour and lot of self confident. I enjoy listening dialogue between him and Arkail, even it's cheesy sometimes. Story is interesting, i think i am about half away through, game indeed success in giving a feeling that these two characters are on a big, important mission. World feels interesting, shame game is so linear. Have to get Styx: Master of Shadows at some point.

I dont know why i like this so much. It feels cozy, it have a heart, i can forgive technical flaws.

The charm falls apart later on in the game, once you reach
the 3D areas, and especially the Final Fantasy 7-esque phase.
At that point it's just an uninspired drag.

Cthulhu Saves the World is waaay better at being a retro-throwback/homage while also bringing a lot of its own ideas to the table. I'd recommend it (highly) over Evoland, the latter of which lives and dies on its through-the-eras gimmick.

woo, 20 years of this
Happy birthday! You're still so young! :)

That's why most co-op games are better with friends.
With randoms this shit happens:

your avatar tho. what did that asshat do to you my boy? :( I'm going to have to give isoefe a stern talking to(by sending him a bunch of hateful messages... that I already send to him on a daily basis just cause i feel like it and i want attention....)

Happy birthday! You're still so young! :)

and you're old and ugly. fight me.

lmfaoooo ily veggie <3

woo, 20 years of this
Happy birthday!

Turfster

woo, 20 years of this

Happy birthday.
I also cast the summoning of Grief.EXE

Parsnip

I saw some Edge of Tomorrow talk a few pages back so I'm using that as an excuse to post this gif again.

I played the alpha and if the alpha is anything to go by, the final product will be a masterpiece.

J9UqAR5.gif

I expect it to be about the same as the two souls games Miyazaki directed.
Really really good overall with spots of brilliance but also kind of flawed in some aspects.

It starts strong, but felt like it devolves into a really bad version of the games it "emulates" by the end.

DocSeuss

I beat Dying Light. Really great game.

I'm playing Lost Planet 3 after a friend bought it for me. This is a surprisingly good game.

Cth

woo, 20 years of this

I've never been partial to headphones to be honest.

If you're lucky and not picky, you might check your local Target. I found a pair of Turtle Beach Titanfall headphones on clearance for $25 (down from 150 or something)

It came with adapters for XB1, and works with PC/PS4. I've always opted for cheap headphones because inevitably the cushions would break down or a speaker would blow out..

That being said, holy crap these headphones are amazing.. completely blocks out the outside noise, extremely loud even without being powered.. etc. Durable, fairly lightweight, although they can be tight on the head (which is good to block out sound)

Even after being able to try a "high end" headphones, I still think I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a pair in the future.

woo, 20 years of this

Happy b'day and good luck on your headset quest.

I just finished There Came an Echo, and I had a lot of fun.

The story was sometimes a bit over the top, and the strategy was not very deep, but was always fun.

Leading your men is very enjoyable, thanks to a perfect voice recognition, and it really makes the game feel special. It also creates some intimacy with the character, which I liked.

You made me have a very good time, thanks Feep!

Corpekata

Banned
I just finished There Came an Echo, and I had a lot of fun.

The story was sometimes a bit over the top, and the strategy was not very deep, but was always fun.

Leading your men is very enjoyable, thanks to a perfect voice recognition, and it really makes the game feel special. It also creates some intimacy with the character, which I liked.

You made me have a very good time, thanks Feep!

How long was it?

Miguel81

I'm playing Lost Planet 3 after a friend bought it for me. This is a surprisingly good game.

LP3 is a surprise to me as well. Rough around the edges, but the The Thing meets Aliens vibe it gives off is grand. Spark did a good job with the atmosphere and story(so far as I've played).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom