• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found the Glitch World in Castle in the Darkness completely by accident lol, love this game. <3

So many nods and winks to old games we use to play back in the day.

Does anyone have a video or guide on how to do all those rad gif-worthy moves in Resident Evil 6? I want to finally finish the game up but I'm just not very good at it and the combat doesn't seem to click with me.

Seems that Into The War keys are up on Who's Gaming Now for anyone that reserved a copy. They're giving out three copies per account.

Yup:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Into The War #2 -- MB-20BB155075B049E5 - Taken by WinterDemons
Into The War -- MB-2E802943EA5CFEF4 - Taken by The Dear Leader

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Friends don't let friends use headsets on PC.

2015-02-23_04-37-41.jpg

So, I've conquered the first obstacle in my quest to play thiaf. To avoid a repeatable CTD when starting the game, all I had to do was boost Depth of Field quality up to high, because thiaf. Now I can actually utilise the glorious Mantle-enabled graphics thus fully enjoy the game.

LurkerPrime - 1
thiaf - 0
Does anyone have a video or guide on how to do all those rad gif-worthy moves in Resident Evil 6? I want to finally finish the game up but I'm just not very good at it and the combat doesn't seem to click with me.

Having completed RE6, I have my doubts those moves are even real. The game's incredibly janky and poorly explained, especially when considering how much money and manpower went into making it. The worst part is, RE6 is still left wishing it was even slightly as good as RE4.

So, I've conquered the first obstacle in my quest to play thiaf. To avoid a repeatable CTD when starting the game, all I had to do was boost Depth of Field quality up to high, because thiaf. Now I can actually utilise the glorious Mantle-enabled graphics thus fully enjoy the game.

LurkerPrime - 1
thiaf - 0

Having completed RE6, I have my doubts those moves are even real. The game's incredibly janky and poorly explained, especially when considering how much money and manpower went into making it. The worst part is, RE6 is still left wishing it was even slightly as good as RE4.

Yeah it's no RE4, that's for sure. I'm definitely feeling the jank as well.

Jawmuncher

LurkerPrime - 1
thiaf - 0

Yeah it's no RE4, that's for sure. I'm definitely feeling the jank as well.

You guys need to play with me.
Do you not have The link to Neiteios post?
Also it's funny that at least for Re6 it's the only game I know where people are like "it needs a tutorial". When the usual argument is they aren't needed. To be fair the tutorial there is fucking laughably bad. Teaches you everything you don't need.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=494812

Also bringing up just purely action RE. The gameplay on 6 is leagues better than RE4. But that's just kind of expected. Gameplay in 5 is better than 4 as well.

Locust

Been a while since I played it but I think you can mostly just slide into enemies or headshot them to set them up for the suplexes and stuff.

Also read this if you haven't: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

Also it's funny that at least for Re6 it's the only game I know where people are like "it needs a tutorial". When the usual argument is they aren't needed. To be fair the tutorial there is fucking laughably bad. Teaches you everything you don't need.

Also bringing up just purely action RE. The gameplay on 6 is leagues better than RE4. But that's just kind of expected. Gameplay in 5 is better than 4 as well.

That's definitely something I'm going to read through, I'm trying to like this game but they don't make it easy.

Jawmuncher

Been a while since I played it but I think you can mostly just slide into enemies or headshot them to set them up for the suplexes and stuff.

Also read this if you haven't: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

Yeah the game still follows the stun and melee formula. But a lot of people seem to miss that since it's not over exaggerated like in 4&5

That's definitely something I'm going to read through, I'm trying to like this game but they don't make it easy.

Also like a lot of things. It's a lot more fun in coop. If you need someone I can play with you when I get back. I have that offer on the table for like everyone.dante81 is currently playing it on and off and I plan on joining his games as well.

The gameplay may be six times better... but the game design is not, so no one will ever know.

Resident Evil 4 understood how to compliment its mechanics with masterful design, resulting in an absolutely timeless classic. Resident Evil 6, by comparison, understands nothing about itself and thus falls flat at every possible opportunity.

Sch1sm

Friends don't let friends use headsets on PC.

So what I'm hearing is headphones? Let's Let me hear your take, Grief. What should my maximum $350 get me? :p

Please don't say Beats.

I'd quote all of you who said happy birthday, but man oh man that work. Thank you, though. <3

Jawmuncher

The gameplay may be six times better... but the game design is not, so no one will ever know.

Resident Evil 4 understood how to compliment its mechanics with masterful design, resulting in an absolutely timeless classic. Resident Evil 6, by comparison, understands nothing about itself and thus falls flat at every possible opportunity.

Eh. Gameplay can make up for those shortcomings. Mercenaries along with certain areas and the story for the most part did for me as well. I still agree that 4 is better and that 6 is indeed hanky. But I still feel it gets shit on a bit too much when taken just for what is there. Though even here on GAF it seems it's slowly becoming more liked in a odd way. A lower price and lower expectations I guess are playing a part in that.

rtcn63

RE6 took three steps back with the castrated upgrade/skill system, the crossbar inventory where you can't even hotkey weapons, the boss fights that lack feedback and can sometimes be finished by AI characters without your help, oh and pretty much everyone suffering from PTSD. The previous two had a B-movie quality to them where as RE6 genuinely tried to take itself seriously, causing it to be completely and utterly forgettable.

The core combat was good (ignoring Chris' campaign, you were often better off running past the gross enemy hordes instead of trying to take them head on), which only make the knife twist that much more excruciating.

Yeah the game still follows the stun and melee formula. But a lot of people seem to miss that since it's not over exaggerated like in 4&5

Also like a lot of things. It's a lot more fun in coop. If you need someone I can play with you when I get back. I have that offer on the table for like everyone.dante81 is currently playing it on and off and I plan on joining his games as well.

Sounds good, I want to mess around with it a little on my own to see what I can do, but co-op sounds fun.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

This game is amazing.
Also you can double jump and if you press Tab you can't move.

Here are some free copies.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Daedalos42, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Into the War #2 -- MB-3CD6353CB40BCAC9 - Taken by Ozium
Into the War -- MB-7E95695CC65440A9 - Taken by Sch1sm

iosefe

posted in it a while ago... also sometimes I look at the last page in the thread and always find 2-3 people who didn't read the OP

people REALLY need to read

in honor of Feeps giveaway i'm booting up Sequence, even though i'm not too great at it

This score wlil not hold =p

I've played the prologue and I agree.
Eh. Gameplay can make up for those shortcomings. Mercenaries along with certain areas and the story for the most part did for me as well. I still agree that 4 is better and that 6 is indeed hanky. But I still feel it gets shit on a bit too much when taken just for what is there. Though even here on GAF it seems it's slowly becoming more liked in a odd way. A lower price and lower expectations I guess are playing a part in that.

It's not terrible, but I can't accept it as anything other than disappointing/bad after the very same company produced RE4; my expectations were raised, for better or worse.

Grief.exe

So what I'm hearing is headphones? Let's Let me hear your take, Grief. What should my maximum $350 get me? :p

Please don't say Beats.

AD700
AD900
AKG K702/Q701/K712
DT990
Fidelio X1/X2
Sennheiser HD 598/650
Hifiman
Audeze LCD-2

There is also a really good headphone thread on GAF that should lead you in the right direction.

why shouldn't you use headsets on PC?

and what should you use?

Marketing to gamers is actually very easy apparently. There are some decent options but most are overpriced for poor sound quality.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
AD700
AD900
AKG K702/Q701/K712
DT990
Fidelio X1/X2
Sennheiser HD 598/650
Hifiman
Audeze LCD-2

There is also a really good headphone thread on GAF that should lead you in the right direction.

AKG K240 MKII aren't that bad either :)

zkylon

zkylewd
AD700
AD900
AKG K702/Q701/K712
DT990
Fidelio X1/X2
Sennheiser HD 598/650
Hifiman
Audeze LCD-2

is it me or are the naming conventions for electronics and such completely idiotic?

i mean those things sound like guns or some shit

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
AD700
AD900
AKG K702/Q701/K712
DT990
Fidelio X1/X2
Sennheiser HD 598/650
Hifiman
Audeze LCD-2

One of these days I'll have the money when the X1/2 goes on sale on Amazon for a good clip under $200. ;-; Great list though, always gotta uphold the headphone + desktop mic way of life.

Ozium

Into The War was quite the experience... no one was playing, so I hosted a lobby, then 2 people joined. Then I hit tab.. I don't know what I expected..

Daedalos said to right click and it worked... but then I did something where I could only move if the scoreboard was up, and if it wasn't up then I could move only after jumping, but couldn't shoot...

getting killed reset that tho

then I tried to double jump onto a big rock and clipped through it..

lol

War has changed.

Marketing to gamers is actually very easy apparently. There are some decent options but most are overpriced for poor sound quality.

oh.. I thought that was saying don't use headphones on the PC in toto, not ones that are marketed as "Gaming Headsets." Reminds me when someone swore up and down that their Monster HDMI cable was better than the one I paid $1 for... lel

Oh boy, Into the War is something else I tell ya, almost certain it's using stolen art assets from BF BC2 and I believe one of the Far Cry games, and that's just art stuff, I can't even explain the gameplay...

Miguel81

RE6 took three steps back with the castrated upgrade/skill system, the crossbar inventory where you can't even hotkey weapons, the boss fights that lack feedback and can sometimes be finished by AI characters without your help, oh and pretty much everyone suffering from PTSD. The previous two had a B-movie quality to them where as RE6 genuinely tried to take itself seriously, causing it to be completely and utterly forgettable.

The core combat was good (ignoring Chris' campaign, you were often better off running past the gross enemy hordes instead of trying to take them head on), which only make the knife twist that much more excruciating.

Ya, the inventory is a bit of a pain after liking the weapon switching mechanic in 5. Currently going through the Chris campaign and the action amped up to 11 compared to Leon's. Can't say that I'm not enjoying it, though. It's like a sci-fi Die Hard game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
is it me or are the naming conventions for electronics and such completely idiotic?

i mean those things sound like guns or some shit

Each manufacturer/design house has their own internal naming scheme and it is simpler to use that system for consumer branding.

BMWs and graphics cards too.

Peugeot S.A.
Citroen
Mercedes-Benz
Audi
Lexus
Chinese car manufacturers.
Ferrari

It's not uncommon that a major manufacturer will use such naming schemes. Even companies that don't do that, like Honda, use LX/EX/EX-L or some other scheme to further identify the vehicle.

Oh boy, Into the War is something else I tell ya, almost certain it's using stolen art assets from BF BC2 and I believe one of the Far Cry games, and that's just art stuff, I can't even explain the gameplay...

Yeah. Figured as much when I saw the WGN promotion. Sounded like the game was either a rush job or half-implemented, and someone realized that it wasn't going to sell. Thus they decided to flood the market with keys.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Each manufacturer/design house has their own internal naming scheme and it is simpler to use that system for consumer branding.

Peugeot S.A.
Citroen
Mercedes-Benz
Audi
Lexus
Chinese car manufacturers.
Ferrari

It's not uncommon that a major manufacturer will use such naming schemes. Even companies that don't do that, like Honda, use LX/EX/EX-L or some other scheme to further identify the vehicle.

BMW actually used to have a naming scheme that made sense. 330i would be 3 series 3.0 liter engine. Ci for coupe, Xi for all wheel dreve. i would be fuel injected.
Nowadays, the 4 series coupe is actually a 3 series or something like that.

At least better than Lincoln a few years ago when the presenters at a conference forgot their model names.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok second time i tried to run claire, second time it froze my very-slow-to-reboot computer

i'm crossing u from my list, sorry :I
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ok second time i tried to run claire, second time it froze my very-slow-to-reboot computer

i'm crossing u from my list, sorry :I
* claire
* knock-knock
* lifeless planet
* the novelist
* stranded
* year walk
* dreaming sarah
* a bird story
* maybe giving shadow warrior a second chance
* world end economica

Honestly, you could take a nap and cross Lifeless Planet off of that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom