• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
is not out yet tho
Kickstarter backers are playing it early. Still a bit buggy for some folks, though, it's good you're waiting.

I just finished There Came an Echo, and I had a lot of fun.

The story was sometimes a bit over the top, and the strategy was not very deep, but was always fun.

Leading your men is very enjoyable, thanks to a perfect voice recognition, and it really makes the game feel special. It also creates some intimacy with the character, which I liked.

You made me have a very good time, thanks Feep!
<3

Deques

I have been playing Pixel Puzzles Japan last weekend. The game wasn't bad, it was kinda relaxing to play something different. The starting puzzles weren't that hard, but then the later puzzles where there more than 200 puzzle pieces it became kinda hell.
The biggest problem I had was that I had no idea how the picture looked like so I had to make a screenshot of the picture before starting building the puzzle. It became somewhat easier but still hard.

Then I started playing the Undeadz version. I thought the gameplay would be same as Japan, but no no, they added zombies that want to kill you, so you have to defend yourself from zombie hordes and build the puzzle at the same time, not really relaxing game, which I thought it would be :(
How the heck do I survive the zombies when my firepower supply is limited?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
52CD7158B6AB5D59C20460DA326151AC4D206024

m'Lady!
She doesn't have class. Tina does.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i dunno i'm finding it entertaining for now. it's very atmospheric, very haunting

kind of scary, actually

tho i scare easily i guess

It starts off alright, but the writing and level design kinda takes a huge dip straight off a martian cliff.

There were a few moments that were kinda cool that I don't want to spoil, but on the whole it was just a slog.

Deques

According to steam my perfect games have decreased to 39 games. I had 40 before...

Edit: Looks like the problem is that Shan Gui got a new achievement for some reason...

JustLynx

Yup, that's the one I am missing. I looked in the forums to see what the fuss was about :)

hehe yeah i was missing that too, it seems they removed the Credits one and added this... weird

I still like Shan Gui, you can get all the achivs in less than 5m :)

milena87

So yesterday I started Dreamfall again and I got to chapter 6... I wish there was a sprint button. But I'm liking it more than in the past and I really didn't remember much about the game, so parts of the story are like new :D
I should finish the game this week and finally start Dreamfall Chapters, just in time for episode 2!

And I also played a bit of Tropico 4 to get some achievements... I now realize that I have more than 50 hours in this game and I barely even touched the main campaign.

dex3108

Morning SteamGAF. I had strange dream last night. Valve unveiled Source 2.0 with new IP that was combination of Overwatch and Titanfall XD And it was F2P XD

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Morning SteamGAF. I had strange dream last night. Valve unveiled Source 2.0 with new IP that was combination of Overwatch and Titanfall XD And it was F2P XD

well ... at least you got the last part right ;)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
BMW actually used to have a naming scheme that made sense. 330i would be 3 series 3.0 liter engine. Ci for coupe, Xi for all wheel dreve. i would be fuel injected.
Nowadays, the 4 series coupe is actually a 3 series or something like that.

At least better than Lincoln a few years ago when the presenters at a conference forgot their model names.

BMW isn't unique in that either. Ferrari names traditionally come from a measurement of displacement, unless we are talking about moronic names like "LaFerrari". Mercedes has/had a similar displacement nomenclature. And the first letter or set of letter tells someone what model is being discussed. Respectively from cheapest/less powerful to most expensive/powerful: A/C/E/S for sedans. M and G for SUVs. And SLS/CLK/SL/SLS etc for convertibles/sports cars*. Those designations are actually acronyms if I recall correctly. The problem with MB is that they build so many models in between that it's hard to keep up if you are not really a fan of the entire brand, there are a few in between models that I missed. I only find the S class sedans and G wagons to be interesting, myself.

The BMW naming scheme has just been revised. 1/3/5 are the standard sedans. 2/4/6 are the modified cabriolet/coupes. The i hasn't meant anything in awhile since BMW doesn't really sell diesels in NA.

Haha, I hadn't heard about the Lincoln screw-up though. That's hilarious.

*I forgot to mention Saab and modern day Cadillac in the original list.
**CLA is some where towards the cheap side.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
BMW isn't unique in that either. Ferrari names traditionally come from a measurement of displacement, unless we are talking about moronic names like "LaFerrari". Mercedes has/had a similar displacement nomenclature. And the first letter or set of letter tells someone what model is being discussed. Respectively from cheapest/less powerful to most expensive/powerful: A/C/E/S for sedans. M and G for SUVs. And SLS/CLK/SL/SLS etc for convertibles/sports cars*. Those designations are actually acronyms if I recall correctly. The problem with MB is that they build so many models in between that it's hard to keep up if you are not really a fan of the entire brand, there are a few in between models that I missed. I only find the S class sedans and G wagons to be interesting, myself.

The BMW naming scheme has just been revised. 1/3/5 are the standard sedans. 2/4/6 are the modified cabriolet/coupes. The i hasn't meant anything in awhile since BMW doesn't really sell diesels in NA.

Haha, I hadn't heard about the Lincoln screw-up though. That's hilarious.

*I forgot to mention Saab and modern day Cadillac in the original list.
**CLA is some where towards the cheap side.
Point conceded then. Didn't know there were other car geeks in here.
He said "romantic". Not "shitty wank fantasy with some interesting facts".
As if those are any different.

zkylon

zkylewd
It starts off alright, but the writing and level design kinda takes a huge dip straight off a martian cliff.

There were a few moments that were kinda cool that I don't want to spoil, but on the whole it was just a slog.
it gives me the vibe it's gonna be longer than it should be

i'm still happy with it after about an hour and a half, no dips off martian cliffs so far, even tho this alien lady thing is pretty fucking dumb, i appreciate the mood and how it makes me feel really uneasy and generally creeped out

might have something to do with the root things looking awfully similar to spider legs, but also just the general feel of dread from how desolate and dead the setting is. it conveys really well a feeling of loneliness and "smallness"

i think it's pretty effective, at least so far, even if the dumb alien lady is trying to ruin everything. the attempts at jump scares are also pretty lame

also i'm really close to finishing metroid prime 1. finally killed that fucking mega elite boss guy and now i'm in artifact collecting mission. this last part of collecting the artifacts is maybe a bit excessive compared with how tight the backtracking was for the rest of the game. i'm pumped to finish this one and get to prime 2 already. i'm gonna see if i can get a mouse+keyboard setup for that one, my spine and my wrist don't deserve the agony of playing with the wiimote. i hope i can get it to work

Kazarov

Neo Member
Then I started playing the Undeadz version. I thought the gameplay would be same as Japan, but no no, they added zombies that want to kill you, so you have to defend yourself from zombie hordes and build the puzzle at the same time, not really relaxing game, which I thought it would be :(
How the heck do I survive the zombies when my firepower supply is limited?

There should be a button to start a puzzle in normal mode without zombies, I played all puzzles without them.

Dr Dogg

Those that can preload RE Revelations 2, how big is it? I would check the DB but I'm feeling a tad lazy :p Thanks!

BMW actually used to have a naming scheme that made sense. 330i would be 3 series 3.0 liter engine. Ci for coupe, Xi for all wheel dreve. i would be fuel injected.
Nowadays, the 4 series coupe is actually a 3 series or something like that.

It would if they actually fitted engines of the displacement the models state. For example an E21 315 had a 1.6 litre engine and the E21 316 had a 1.8. My old E30 318 had a 1896cc engine in it which showed up as a 1.9 every where I insured it where the 325e's had a 2.7 litter unit. Even the E36 & E43 models had bonkers things going on like 323's and 325's both having 2492cc displacements but using different engines with different outputs. End of the day BMW was doing the whole Nvidia thing decades before Nvidia was.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC -- MB-15CFFDFED76170D6 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-463AEF40BC1C3E7A - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Hacker Bootcamp -- MB-D0C77D567E9ED0AB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Boy and the Ever Expanding Dungeon -- MB-DAF3A709E30D042E - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality -- MB-493DF67E62851286 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 1 -- MB-7F637BB759599575 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-DD30CE10AE8D909E - Taken by thereisnoif. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon of Elements -- MB-17E6388006303EE7 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-702D0E4BF3EC71EB - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare -- MB-64AE3A2416794CA2 - Taken by RedFyn
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 2 -- MB-F6CC4E9BC2EF30E4 - Taken by Akuosa. 2 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-3C5869B45DC5FD6E - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Cargo Commander -- MB-CA960DCBC6824907 - Taken by Conrad Link. 1 entrants total.
iO -- MB-5737C08ADC1DE418 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-89A949CAACBC19A9 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-C1FABFE77A902FE8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-916B50BE94EF89C7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-994C3F7CAA0E2C06 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe -- MB-C0840DF0128C1CC5 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution: Duality - Inception Part 3 -- MB-45501F924272964A - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.

t1424685731z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom