• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Depending on where you are, there may be some of the new region restrictions. (Worst case, your mother could always buy a Steam Gift Card and give you the code for that)

Hopefully someone with more expertise in cross-region stuff can help you out, as I'm far from an expert.

Well considering I can see the game on the store and the price is the same I don't think the region will be an issue.

Your mom can set up her own Steam account, and send the gift to you via e-mail and that should work just fine. She won't be able to send the game "directly through Steam" because that requires you two to be Steam friends, which is one of the community features that you can't access until you own a game on Steam.

Gifting a game shouldn't be restricted (unless it's specifically disabled by the developers) only trading was gimped by the new restrictions.

Does your mom live in Eastern Europe, South America, or South-East Asia? If not, you're most likely fine.

EDIT: just re-read and you said your mom was in the states, so it's all good.

Ah thanks! But I live in SEA..but like I mentioned earlier in this post the game pops up on the regional SEA page for same USD.

Well considering I can see the game on the store and the price is the same I don't think the region will be an issue.

Ah thanks! But I live in SEA..but like I mentioned earlier in this post the game pops up on the regional SEA page for same USD.

Games from the states can be activated and run anywhere (some exceptions apply, like Wolfenstein: TNO)

derExperte

Space Hulk -90% http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/197/space-hulk-midweek

Hotline Miami ‏@HotlineMiami 10h10 hours ago

The third issue of the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number digital comic series is now available. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170

and

B-jDDgOCYAAZFtI.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/iam8bit/status/569919818284929025

aaaaand

If someone has IGN Prime you can still get Dungeon of the Endless for 'free'. http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/DotE

But I can't even get the 'Select Your Plan' page to display the plans.

ExoSoul

Banned
Wooohoo, I should be able to go back home
to a dead desktop
within the week :D

------

^^^ der, why do you have to aim at my sweepspot with all that HLM goodness? =/

_hekk05

Banned

Wut? But SEA games are cheaper. Or at least where I am.

Also SEA can be region locked out of stuff, but that's rare. *shakes fist at konami*

played a match of evolve as the monster. spanked them hunters son. match took about 15 minutes. they didn't find me at all throughout the match. the trapper spotted me like twice but i booked it every time he saw me. it was a close match too as they were almost about to revive, all the support had to do was avoid me for literally 2 more seconds and the other 3 would've respawn but NAH BOI, GTFO OUT HERE WITH THAT, YOU IN MY MATCH, SON!

rtcn63

It's that they're colored instead of black, which is what I'm guessing most of us associate with vinyls. Also seeing them fanned out like that.

Anustart

Downloading Mark of the Ninja now. This isn't going to be another Guacamelee!! style double cross right?
Guac was pretty damn borning.

Jawmuncher

"We rated our games just in case we decided to put them on seam"

Bullshit I know theyre coming why you gotta try and lie developer.

Downloading Mark of the Ninja now. This isn't going to be another Guacamelee!! style double cross right?
Guac was pretty damn borning.

I thought Guacamelee was pretty good. Was pretty bored with MoTN. Enjoyed Shank much more (shank 2 was pretty weak compared to the first). So honestly it will probably go any way for You. Will probably depend on how much you get into the stealth.

_hekk05

Banned
Not in Taiwan. Well except for taxes. And yes I get blocked. Stuff like VC and whatnot.

Bruh Taiwan is not SEA. Taiwan is East Asia.

I'm quite happy with my playstation vita and 4 purchases. Just gotta get them ateliers and just wait for the nep neps to come, then I'll probably be done for a long long time.

In the mean time there's always my spelunky speedlunky challenge and dota 2 and muh bloodborne

Jut pay that FULL PRICE on steam.
Or wait for the sale.

jaws, did I not just say that I was gonna pay full price. its already bad enough I gotta wipe out the ol' debit card, dont make it worst by reminding me that I got to pay full price. is it possible to add my paypal funds to my steam wallet and just have it appear there instantly or do I gotta wait and shit? cause I actually got $6 on mywallet that ive made from selling cards and you know, i got $44 on my paypal so if i could transfer them funds I could get it w/o having to use my debit.

is G2PLAY legit? they got xenoverse for like 39 bucks and it so just happens i got $44 sitting in my paypal.

Grey market key-resellers are never OK.
If someone has IGN Prime you can still get Dungeon of the Endless for 'free'. http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/DotE

But I can't even get the 'Select Your Plan' page to display the plans.

Ok, wtf. I thought I unsubbed from IGN Prime months ago but apparently I'm still a Prime member. *grumble grumble*

Oh well, DotE is now mine. Thanks for the heads up, dE!

Teeth

Hey, does anyone have extensive experience with a 144Hz monitor?

Some questions...when you're playing with Vsync, if you can't hit 72fps, it effectively drops to 48fps right?

Do games have issues with this? If a game caps at 60fps in engine, do you experience constant tearing or wacky controller response? Are there a mess of games that just plain have issues running above 60?

I'm thinking about one, but I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with the possible headaches.

r3n4ud

Ok, wtf. I thought I unsubbed from IGN Prime months ago but apparently I'm still a Prime member. *grumble grumble*

Oh well, DotE is now mine. Thanks for the heads up, dE!

I've been unsubbed since November and I'm still a prime member, at no cost mind you. *shrugs*

Any cheap place to get US Ps+?

you missed that ship like 2 years ago on black friday, they had 1 year going for 30. i bought 3 of em. they didn't have anything last year tho. maybe this black friday they do it again but i highly doubt it now that more people buy ps+ since they paywalled online play(fuck you sony for doing that btw)

Shadownet

Banned
So I'm thinking about finally playing New Vegas. Any mods I should install? or just do a vanilla playthrough?

you missed that ship like 2 years ago on black friday, they had 1 year going for 30. i bought 3 of em. they didn't have anything last year tho. maybe this black friday they do it again but i highly doubt it now that more people buy ps+ since they paywalled online play(fuck you sony for doing that btw)

Son, I did the exact same thing. That deal was dope. Got 3 years worth of PS+. probably should have gotten more in hindsight.

Just wanna get 1 month or sth. like that for the anniversary prices. :D

bigzgod

jaws, did I not just say that I was gonna pay full price. its already bad enough I gotta wipe out the ol' debit card, dont make it worst by reminding me that I got to pay full price. is it possible to add my paypal funds to my steam wallet and just have it appear there instantly or do I gotta wait and shit? cause I actually got $6 on mywallet that ive made from selling cards and you know, i got $44 on my paypal so if i could transfer them funds I could get it w/o having to use my debit.

I believe it's $44.99 on DLgamer.us. I know there was a price error on the deluxe edition in NZ for a short bit but I don't think many people grabbed it. You can always try asking around though.

Jawmuncher

You should be fine if you transfer now

Deitus

Is that game basically Senran Kagura (that booby ninja game on the 3DS and Vita for those not familiar with it) set in the Neptunia universe?

I'm liking the first Neptunia so far (though it takes a while to unlock most of the features in the battle system), so I'm certainly glad more games in the series are coming to PC. But I googled some gameplay footage of this one, and it looks like it's one of those games where your character gets stripped down to her panties when you take damage.

Think I'll probably pass on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom